Liverpool's transfer strategy.

+22
mr-r34
H.A.
cheesy
bloodless
drakefyre
Gil
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Busby Babe
Iceman
Magricos
BeautifulGame
RED
REWB
The Madrid One
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RedOranje
Arquitecto
Vibe
EarlyPrototype
windkick
Abramovich
Nishankly
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by REWB Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

out playing style will make sure we end up in forth. we just play too much good quality football. liverpool may make it forth but not at the expense of arsenal. but you know what.. why am i even talking just wait until the season starts watch.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by RED Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Enrique has been their best siging by far this summer. He is a very good LB and immediately improves their team.

LFC are definitely good enough to get top 4. I think it will be a straight battle between them and Arsenal for fourth place.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

So much nonsense about our spending by those who are just clueless.

We have so far spent:

Carroll - 35 mil
Suarez - 23 mil
Downing - 18.5 mil
Henderson- 16 mil
Adam - 6.5 mil
Enrique - 6 mil
Doni - Free
Total spent : 105 mil

Players sold :

Torres - 50 mil
Babel - 7 mil
PFK - 1.5 mil

Total worth : 58.5 mil

Net spent : 46.5 mil .Less than what Chelsea have spent on Torres and City spent this season.

Those who say Liverpool have spent similar to City are just stupid.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:out playing style will make sure we end up in forth. we just play too much good quality football. liverpool may make it forth but not at the expense of arsenal. but you know what.. why am i even talking just wait until the season starts watch.
if your mentality is shit like it has for half a decade now, i wouldnt be surprised if liverpool overtakes you.

the thing i see with liverpool at the moment, is that they have good mentality and look to be stable, all they need is to be patient and wait for the best in the upcoming years. they have the mentality only thing they need now is the players and among other factors and they will be up and running. but if you look at a club like arsenal or man city. they have great teams but theyre mentality isnt the best.

i see man city good enough to come in 2nd MAYBE even 1st in epl, but that maybe is a tiny maybe. arsenal wont even be top 3 if things go out as planned.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4930
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by RED Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
windkick wrote:Good point, I wasn't taking a jab at the FFP...simply reminding that Liverpool is buying allot just like City (I think they have spent and bought the most since January).

For the record, Liverpool is the club I follow in England I hope they finish fourth ahead of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea (and Man U, why not)

I understand that and thanks windkick.

Its just my blood pressure and temper rises when cancers like City are mentioned and compared to Liverpool.

But in the end, Liverpool's spending will have its returns as the common rule is, spend large on the transfer market on players who accept human wages.

Our returns will be greater then our spending.

Hey, cheers! I can't wait to see Liverpool back in the Champions League where they belong
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?
i think he was joking, because even though man city, is not what it should be to be the best when it comes to management and mentality, there are still steps above liverpool in some areas, that will keep city in the top 3 unless they take a turn for the worst.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4930
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:11 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:out playing style will make sure we end up in forth. we just play too much good quality football. liverpool may make it forth but not at the expense of arsenal. but you know what.. why am i even talking just wait until the season starts watch.

We just played similar if not better quality football under Kenny last season so thats a pointless excuse why we cant finish above Arsenal.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?

Aside from their line-up, I have seen zilch from City that make them better then Liverpool.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Magricos Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

People are over rating Liverpool here. Liverpool will not finish 2nd.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Manchester City is so over-rated..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Magricos wrote: People are over rating Liverpool here. Liverpool will not finish 2nd.


Find me one post from this thread predicting Liverpool above even 3rd.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 pm

I can't see how Arsenal can lose Cesc and Nasri (Not to mention Clichy) and expect to still top 4 material. That's too big a blow to lose for a club in the EPL, too many other talented squads to compete with to expect to be able to be able to fight them off with such big blows to the squad (plus Arsenal doesnt have the biggest of depth and also has a rep of being made of glass, and is infamous for bottling it in big matches)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm

True City squad depth is a level above but still with Mancini's tactics and his overly defensive mentality against big teams we still have a chance to finish above.Though the best we can finish is 3rd and frankly i would be delighted with 4th which is more than realistic this season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by RED Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?

Aside from their line-up, I have seen zilch from City that make them better then Liverpool.

We can't judge them so far, but what about the fact they finished 3rd and LFC finished 7th?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?

Aside from their line-up, I have seen zilch from City that make them better then Liverpool.

We can't judge them so far, but what about the fact they finished 3rd and LFC finished 7th?


Strange comment from the only good United poster here.

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Roy-hodgson

This bodge ring a bell? Coached us for more then half a season with his pass and hoof.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:23 pm

windkick wrote:I can't see how Arsenal can lose Cesc and Nasri (Not to mention Clichy) and expect to still top 4 material. That's too big a blow to lose for a club in the EPL, too many other talented squads to compete with to expect to be able to be able to fight them off with such big blows to the squad (plus Arsenal doesnt have the biggest of depth and also has a rep of being made of glass, and is infamous for bottling it in big matches)

Are we just assuming that Arsenal are not going to spend a dime from the money that we make from the sales of these two players?
Honestly, if we get Jadson, Mata, Dann and a good LB then our squad will actually be better all around than it was last season. Lets just wait and see what happens in the transfer market before we jump ship and say that Arsenal are trash?

Even if we don't spend the money, I still expect us to finish in the top 4
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Busby Babe Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:26 pm

When Dalglish replaced Hodgson, Liverpool were 12th with 4points above the relegation zone. He did a helluva job getting them to 6th. Dalglish> Mancini that's why I think Liverpool will finish ahead of Man City
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by RED Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?

Aside from their line-up, I have seen zilch from City that make them better then Liverpool.

We can't judge them so far, but what about the fact they finished 3rd and LFC finished 7th?


Strange comment from the only good United poster here.

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Roy-hodgson

This bodge ring a bell? Coached us for more then half a season with his pass and hoof.

LFC can do better than City, anything can happen in football. But I'm just saying as of now, just judging by the depth of each team and quality + last season's league position. City are currently stronger than Liverpool.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:31 pm

honigstein raphael honigstein
by philmcnulty
Wenger in Kicker today: no interest in Mertesacker. "We have four central defenders, no need for another one" #AFC
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Magricos Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 pm

I never said anybody here said that. :coffee:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Nishank wrote:So that's Newcastle's player of the year signed, Villa's Player Of the Year signed, Blackpool's Player Of the Year signed and Sunderland's Player Of the Year signed!

XD


Henderson wasnt Sunderlands player of the year

Phil Bardsley was
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 1301
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Iceman wrote:
windkick wrote:I can't see how Arsenal can lose Cesc and Nasri (Not to mention Clichy) and expect to still top 4 material. That's too big a blow to lose for a club in the EPL, too many other talented squads to compete with to expect to be able to be able to fight them off with such big blows to the squad (plus Arsenal doesnt have the biggest of depth and also has a rep of being made of glass, and is infamous for bottling it in big matches)

Are we just assuming that Arsenal are not going to spend a dime from the money that we make from the sales of these two players?
Honestly, if we get Jadson, Mata, Dann and a good LB then our squad will actually be better all around than it was last season. Lets just wait and see what happens in the transfer market before we jump ship and say that Arsenal are trash?

Even if we don't spend the money, I still expect us to finish in the top 4

Absolutley that's what I will assume. And I expect that if Wenger does spend the cash it won't be on super big name talent like Mata (I could see Jadson coming in, but he isn't a upgrade)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

City are better than LFc, mate. Or are you joking?

Aside from their line-up, I have seen zilch from City that make them better then Liverpool.

We can't judge them so far, but what about the fact they finished 3rd and LFC finished 7th?


Strange comment from the only good United poster here.

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Roy-hodgson

This bodge ring a bell? Coached us for more then half a season with his pass and hoof.

LFC can do better than City, anything can happen in football. But I'm just saying as of now, just judging by the depth of each team and quality + last season's league position. City are currently stronger than Liverpool.

Of course, but depth+quality, City are the best in the EPL:!:

But you of all KSA should know that big transfers and large scale spending does not win trophies as look at United with their calculative spending and increasingly home-grown talent. Did everyone not insult their squad and how its not good enough to win?

Then it came to the end of the year with United with an EPL title.

As for city, once again I don't feel they justified their 3rd spot as it simply was due to the title contenders sheer stupidity and incompetence.

But... The season starts on the 13th (i'm near dying of excitement) and all we can do is see how it pans out.







Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Board members have already said, adamantly, that all of the Cesc transfer money will be used in the market
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:39 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:
Nishank wrote:So that's Newcastle's player of the year signed, Villa's Player Of the Year signed, Blackpool's Player Of the Year signed and Sunderland's Player Of the Year signed!

XD


Henderson wasnt Sunderlands player of the year

Phil Bardsley was

I believe maybe Nish confused that one with most chances created in the EPL.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12393
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum