Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

+9
Art Morte
paperbackwriter
wigglesworth
S
hrealmadrid
zizzle
Doc
windkick
Vibe
13 posters

Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Vibe Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 17:18

Yes, Spanish bank Bankia did indeed put up soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as Real Madrid teammate Kaka, as collateral as they try to secure loans from the European Central Bank (ECB), and the reasoning for doing so is actually quite plausible.
See, Bankia helped finance Real Madrid’s acquisition of Ronaldo and Kaka by loaning the club 76.5 million euros (approximately $111 million), which went towards the 100 million euros paid to Manchester United for Ronaldo, and the 60 million euros given to Milan AC for Kaka.
Therefore, to ensure that the ECB would actually give them the borrowed moneys their asking for, Bankia put up two of their most valuable assets—Ronaldo and Kaka. Which means that if Bankia defaults on the loan, the Real Madrid stars would in fact, become property of the ECB.
But that probably would never happen…and here’s why.
As Presseurop explains…
“Could we see a situation in which the ECB seizes one of the players?“ wonders the Munich daily. “In theory, it is possible. Bankia would first have to become insolvent. Thereafter, Real would have to default on its loans, which are secured by advertising and television revenues. It goes without saying that Real Madrid is in debt to the tune of several million euros. However, in Spain football clubs have a history of obtaining publicly funded bailouts — just like the country’s banks.”
And there you have it. Even if Bankia defaulted on their loans, it would take Real Madrid defaulting on their loans for the pair to become owned by the ECB, but even then the soccer club would more than likely receive some sort of government bailout to make sure that scenario never played out.
Still, if you were the ECB, subconsciously you’re probably hoping the dominoes fall your way and Bankia and Real Madrid both default on their loans, because if you’re going to own one football player in the world, wouldn’t you want it to be Cristiano Ronaldo?
He’s absolutely dreamy.
[Business Insider]

http://www.businessinsider.com/spanish-bank-needs-a-loan-puts-up-cristiano-ronaldo-as-collateral-2011-7

Laughing



Last edited by VibeTribe on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:26; edited 2 times in total
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8739
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by windkick Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 17:41

Surprised Kaka isnt back with Milan or with Chelsea to say the truth
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Doc Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 17:57

That is actually the most retarded thing I've read here. Seriously...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15910
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Vibe Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:03

:coffee:



Last edited by VibeTribe on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8739
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by zizzle Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:07

could be true but that doesnt mean Madrid will lose Kaka and Ronaldo, they'll just re-pay the loan to whoever bought the debt. They are players not houses you know..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Vibe Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:08

Or they could just sell them to the highest bidder....
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8739
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by hrealmadrid Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:12

No bank says no to Madrid, very easy to get money from alternate sources. Perez is god.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2013
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by S Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:12

Perhaps this is an appropriate report which could be added to the "conspiracy rumour' thread..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28489
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Vibe Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:13

Rosell to pay the debt and CR & Messi to play together.GET INNNN!!!11!!1
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8739
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by zizzle Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:14

the bank is selling its debt, not the collateral
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Vibe Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:17

zizzle wrote:the bank is selling its debt, not the collateral

The bank is offering CR & Kaka as collateral in order to get a loan from what I understand.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8739
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by wigglesworth Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:22

Spain is having trouble saving itself and needs loans from the ECB, they don't have the funds to bail out Madrid, Spain is in virtual receivership.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 724
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by zizzle Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:39

VibeTribe wrote:
zizzle wrote:the bank is selling its debt, not the collateral

The bank is offering CR & Kaka as collateral in order to get a loan from what I understand.

thats true, but as long as Madrid does not default on their loan they can maintain ownership over their players. so they still have things under control, unless something out of the ordinary happens
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by windkick Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 18:41

They should just give the bank Kaka and Ronaldo shirts, that should cover the debt
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by paperbackwriter Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 10:24

wigglesworth wrote:Spain is having trouble saving itself and needs loans from the ECB, they don't have the funds to bail out Madrid, Spain is in virtual receivership.

Unlike Italy?
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 559
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 10:39

They can sell the loan to another bank... but they cannot take the asset from the borrower unless there's default by the borrower.

Banks syndicate and sell loans all the the time. It never affects the borrower. Have to know the 123s of lending before publishing an article.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Art Morte Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 11:35

Yeah, the bank doesn't have any ownership over CRonaldo nor Kaka. They just loaned money to Real Madrid who bought those players. They are Madrid's players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18287
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by cheesy Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 12:30

This news is more false than the average Chelsea supporter.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by I-no Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 12:31

VibeTribe wrote:
Yes, Spanish bank Bankia did indeed put up soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as Real Madrid teammate Kaka, as collateral as they try to secure loans from the European Central Bank (ECB), and the reasoning for doing so is actually quite plausible.
See, Bankia helped finance Real Madrid’s acquisition of Ronaldo and Kaka by loaning the club 76.5 million euros (approximately $111 million), which went towards the 100 million euros paid to Manchester United for Ronaldo, and the 60 million euros given to Milan AC for Kaka.
Therefore, to ensure that the ECB would actually give them the borrowed moneys their asking for, Bankia put up two of their most valuable assets—Ronaldo and Kaka. Which means that if Bankia defaults on the loan, the Real Madrid stars would in fact, become property of the ECB.
But that probably would never happen…and here’s why.
As Presseurop explains…
“Could we see a situation in which the ECB seizes one of the players?“ wonders the Munich daily. “In theory, it is possible. Bankia would first have to become insolvent. Thereafter, Real would have to default on its loans, which are secured by advertising and television revenues. It goes without saying that Real Madrid is in debt to the tune of several million euros. However, in Spain football clubs have a history of obtaining publicly funded bailouts — just like the country’s banks.”
And there you have it. Even if Bankia defaulted on their loans, it would take Real Madrid defaulting on their loans for the pair to become owned by the ECB, but even then the soccer club would more than likely receive some sort of government bailout to make sure that scenario never played out.
Still, if you were the ECB, subconsciously you’re probably hoping the dominoes fall your way and Bankia and Real Madrid both default on their loans, because if you’re going to own one football player in the world, wouldn’t you want it to be Cristiano Ronaldo?
He’s absolutely dreamy.
[Business Insider]

http://www.businessinsider.com/spanish-bank-needs-a-loan-puts-up-cristiano-ronaldo-as-collateral-2011-7

Laughing

banks dont own anything unless the borrower cant pay back in time. dismissed! D grade, hahahaha
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1284
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by JAY-Z Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 14:25

Lets be honest for a moment.Madrid will never come to that situation Wink
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by emassy Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 15:13

Okay,lets assume its true. Is someone by any means trying to say madrid dont have that money?. There is a difference between owing money (which the site reverenced) and been unable to pay. Dont forget that ronaldos jersey sales alone minus the sales of tickets during his record unveilling attendance (which beat that of alfredo di stefano) is enough to pay that money by triple. I can bet on my life & properties that R.madrid have not yet payed that debt,but have surplus of that cash. So this issue is discarded.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by emassy Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 15:14

Okay,lets assume its true. Is someone by any means trying to say madrid dont have that money?. There is a difference between owing money (which the site reverenced) and been unable to pay. Dont forget that ronaldos jersey sales alone minus the sales of tickets during his record unveilling attendance (which beat that of alfredo di stefano) is enough to pay that money by triple. I can bet on my life & properties that R.madrid have not yet payed that debt,but have surplus of that cash. So this issue is discarded.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka Empty Re: Real Madrid could lose ownership of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum