El Gunner
Glory
Helmer
22 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 11 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:25 pm

Firenze wrote:I quit watching this team (just follow the scores) cuz I'm tired of the same useless frauds

when I saw the added time and we were winning I figured quite likely we would still lose Proud

ETH gone after the Pool loss I imagine, need Ratcliffe to clean out the squad this summer or I won't even bother next season either

I thought you would win. It could’ve gone either way, but Garnacho’s second goal seemed like it knocked the wind out of their sails… until the injury time madness happened Laughing

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 pm

COLD Palmer's nerve and calmness when taking penalties is not common for that young age... maybe it also helps tho that Chelsea are shit and they don't play for anything, so there's no extra pressure
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:I feel like Foden is still kinda underappreciated for some reason, imo best English player currently. Pep developed him wrll

he's having a good season for sure, but it's quite dumb to say he is better than Saka, Kane, Bellingham and Rice
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:30 pm

Yeah, I think Saka, Bellingham, Rice and Kane are all better than Foden, but I don’t think that makes Foden underrated. I just don’t think Foden’s done anything consistently good enough to warrant being rated higher than the players who do.

And purely judging by the opinions I see on the internet, a lot of people seem to rate him much higher than what I think he deserves. Mystats isn’t the first person who’s suggested that he’s the best player in England, or even world class. I may not agree with those assessments, but you can probably make a case for him with stats/trophy haul.

His trophy count certainly does argue in his favor, and he’s been shining in City’s most comfortable matches since before the turn of the year, so it’s easy to argue that he’s the man of the moment. Especially, with people who only watch him when he curls it in from outside the box, or read the hattrick headlines.

He’s quite a flashy player when he finds his groove, and most people appreciate that a lot more than consistent, more tangible quality, which I think he has yet to show.

Before anyone suggests that I’m a hater or think he’s a threat to Haaland or whatever it may be, all I’m saying is that unless he starts performing well on a regular basis throughout a season, I don’t think it’s worth reading too much into his standout performances. In my mind, KDB is a galaxy above him in terms of reliability. And that just means that he’s got a lot of room to improve. He does have age on his side, and he’s already ahead of most players at his age.

The same thing applies to Grealish. I don’t know how people don’t tire themselves out by yo-yoing their impressions of players all of the time. You can have all of the talent in the world, and it doesn’t matter if you only display that talent in bursts at a time. They’re both start-stop-start, which is different from going through a slump, and I don’t think I’ll ever fully appreciate players who perform like that. Saka receives a lot of criticism/banter on here, but at least you know what to expect from him most of the time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:41 pm

tbf GL only banters Saka to get to me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:19 am

Foden is that type of player people just like personally for some reason whom also doesn't get as much attention like they others so they resort to "oh we musnt forget that Foden too does very intangible things that contribute to City's play" similar to Oscar at Chelsea or Grealish before he stopped flopping.

Uh no.

We know my thoughts on Saka who's overrated but he is leagues ahead of Foden. No point in even discussing the rest who are actually world class unlike Phoden.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:28 am

El Gunner wrote:tbf GL only banters Saka to get to me
guilty. Saka is one of my fav prem players tbh

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:12 am

Haahahahahahaha~~~~~ Man U get 4-3 ed right at the end, so crucial this, 9 pts instead of 6 behind Spurs then with 8 games left, no Europe Very Happy Aston Villa v Spurs for the 4th spot to make CL? Or will it be 5 teams next season?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:15 am

El Gunner wrote:COLD Palmer's nerve and calmness when taking penalties is not common for that young age... maybe it also helps tho that Chelsea are shit and they don't play for anything, so there's no extra pressure

Hes been amazing for Chelsea... only seen him for a couple of games for Man C prior to the transfer, so its been such a fast meteoric rise for this kid Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:25 am

Thimmy wrote:Yeah, I think Saka, Bellingham, Rice and Kane are all better than Foden, but I don’t think that makes Foden underrated. I just don’t think Foden’s done anything consistently good enough to warrant being rated higher than the players who do.

And purely judging by the opinions I see on the internet, a lot of people seem to rate him much higher than what I think he deserves. Mystats isn’t the first person who’s suggested that he’s the best player in England, or even world class. I may not agree with those assessments, but you can probably make a case for him with stats/trophy haul.

His trophy count certainly does argue in his favor, and he’s been shining in City’s most comfortable matches since before the turn of the year, so it’s easy to argue that he’s the man of the moment. Especially, with people who only watch him when he curls it in from outside the box, or read the hattrick headlines.

He’s quite a flashy player when he finds his groove, and most people appreciate that a lot more than consistent, more tangible quality, which I think he has yet to show.

Before anyone suggests that I’m a hater or think he’s a threat to Haaland or whatever it may be, all I’m saying is that unless he starts performing well on a regular basis throughout a season, I don’t think it’s worth reading too much into his standout performances. In my mind, KDB is a galaxy above him in terms of reliability. And that just means that he’s got a lot of room to improve. He does have age on his side, and he’s already ahead of most players at his age.

The same thing applies to Grealish. I don’t know how people don’t tire themselves out by yo-yoing their impressions of players all of the time. You can have all of the talent in the world, and it doesn’t matter if you only display that talent in bursts at a time. They’re both start-stop-start, which is different from going through a slump, and I don’t think I’ll ever fully appreciate players who perform like that. Saka receives a lot of criticism/banter on here, but at least you know what to expect from him most of the time.

I think Messi and Ronaldo accustomed us to inhumane levels of consistency, nowadays even the arguably best players are rather inconsistent
honestly Haaland is indeed quite irregular and interweaves elite performances with averaging 2 touches on the ball per game.

Even if Foden doesnt reach elite levels of consistency  ( he might yet get there, KDB struggled early in his career too), I think he has plenty this going for him:

technical skill
dribbling
composure/elegance
intelligence
trophy haul
versatility/flexibility - can play multiple positions and attack from either left/right
eye for goal from anywhere around the box

obviously performing regularly is probably key, but I was judging mainly on pure talent and skill

or maybe I just have a thing for goalscoring midfielders, but he even has more g/a than Bellingham which is crazy because he's not a regular starter.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:06 pm

My issue with Foden is that typically when City aren't comfortably controlling the match, all you see him do is dribble sideways only to pass the ball backwards. He possesses the ball a lot, but does very little else than recycle possession or shoot from distance for the sake of it. To me, that's a sign of a bottleneck in his ability that he can improve a lot on. And those longshots of his are great when they go in, but it's just wasted possession when they don't. You mentioned his intelligence, but he's got a mountain to climb to be compared to KDB in that regard.

When they play against Burnley, he's direct in his dribbling and uses it to it's full potential to advance the ball towards the goal, he considers the timing of his shots, and he just looks like a different player. And that's all well and good, but they can usually beat Burnley with or without him, and those comfortable matches are generally more forgiving. I don't think KDB gets enough credit for how clever his decision-making is, even against teams that make City look like the underdog. Everyone knows how good he is at passing and shooting, but it's the decision-making that makes a consistent performer.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:57 pm

Crystal Palace 2-4 Man C... Grealish n De Bruyne actually combined well n ran the show today lol... I expected Man C to score lots of goals during this run in, but not concede so many... its so tight that GD might turn out to be the deciding factor who knows....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:07 pm

Missed much of the first half, but looks like it has to be Man U to end Liverpool's title hopes? So cruel n Liverpool have been here b4 Razz

First half complete dominance n then 1 mistake n an amazing shot by Mainoo was enough to be losing 1-2... Darwin is a weird player, gets himself so many chances every game but misses so many chance despite scoring a lot also?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:56 pm

Man Utd doing God's work :bow: we have no other choice now but to win out and maintain our GD lead, coz Liverpool's fighting spirit is beyond annoying
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:51 pm

ManUtd didn't have a single registered shot during the entire first half to Liverpool's 14. In fact their first shot was the one Bruno scored.
Klopp has done his best with makeshift back line or midfield many times, but today's game was an example where other team would have had a properly bought back up CB and FB. Where as both these positions were occupied by 1st team season debutant for Liverpool.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:56 pm

dude Man Utd played with Kambwala and Mainoo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:25 am

Always had a soft spot for arsenal ever since the early days of GL.. COYG. I will be watching the Bayern-Arsenal game this Tuesday
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:38 am

Annoyed at Arsenal but more so United.

For Tuesday I hope Arteta's army absolutely bury Bayern. I bear no love for any Tuchel team.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 am

4 QFs in two nights up coming... why do they have to make the games played at the same time, wouldnt they make more TV profit by separating them? Feels the wait was so long... Real v Man C has to be the biggest match. Then Barca v PSG luckily on the next day Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:51 am

Helmer wrote:ManUtd didn't have a single registered shot during the entire first half to Liverpool's 14. In fact their first shot was the one Bruno scored.
Klopp has done his best with makeshift back line or midfield many times, but today's game was an example where other team would have had a properly bought back up CB and FB. Where as both these positions were occupied by 1st team season debutant for Liverpool.

Make one mistake and they are 1st season debutants, makeshift backline etc. Not so long ago they were Klopp's kids, generational talents, star boys and whatnot. Liverpool fans. That Quansah kid had to limit his insta account following abuse from LPool fans. YNWA right Razz
Also you should seriously have no right to complain because you were playing against a coach who nowadays is trying to actively get sacked and get the sacking money or whatever. His tactics and team selections are totally in line with that.
Also, what ElGunner said. Kambwala's was only his 2nd start too.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:11 am

Onana with his vaseline gloves is the headline today? Can understand given Man U's dire state XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:22 pm

How is it Newcastle is such a yoyo team that can be so good at times but so bad others? Just spanked Spurs away 4-0?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:59 am

it takes so little to no be a hypocrite yet so many people choose to be one hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:29 pm

we have conceded 20+ shots for 7 games in a row or something wild, players have checked out for the season, we need a focused rebuild that will take a few years, too many scrubs but it definitely clear that ETH isn't the man to do that for us.

Get him gone this summer and try to clear out a bunch of players, pray that PSG sniff around for Rashford. Such a problem for us.

Onana
? ? Martinez ?
? Mainoo
? Bruno Garnacho
?

Hojlund isn't ready to be the star striker, need an established one for him to rotate with

Onana is crap too but he wont be getting replaced soon
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:55 pm

Liverpool fall off continues, two horse race now... Arsenal v Aston Villa draw would be good, dont think Villa can pull 3 pts though Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:31 pm

Wow, what a day, both lose to give the title to Man C already? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Didnt watch the Liverpool game, but this one Arsenal seemed poor, 0-2 n Aston Villa also hit the post n bar separately lol... BOTTLERS

Oh yea Oh yea OH YEA~
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next