Firenze
Arquitecto
titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
30 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 12 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by Clutch Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:12 am

As long as mbappe doesn't ruin the vibes of the team, I'm all in.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 12 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by Clutch Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:16 am

The Madrid One wrote:Lol, can there really be a scenario where in a few days/weeks everything is all but official? Would PSG and Mbappe prefer that?

This has been such a "perfect" soap opera because of the peculiar aspects of the tale. I personally never really took offense with Mbappe's decisions, this is the real world and he's decided to look at things like a shrewd businessman I suppose, but I can certainly understand a bit of entitlement and frustration from some Madrid fans because of all the banter, hype, expectations, sporting and historical contexts between the clubs, etc.

It does feel like this is 1 or 2 years overdue. Not winning the CL retroactively helps frame his stay at PSG as increasingly soulless and vapid.

If he does join Madrid it will be fascinating to see how he wins the hearts of the fans. Bar winning the CL this season with PSG (and even then) it will feel like he has things to prove and he should have a motivational chip on the shoulder.

Would having Bellingham and Mbappe feel more galactico than Kaka, Benzema, and CR7 joining in the same transfer window? I started watching in 2010 and even by then Kaka already felt like past his sell date image wise.
The Madrid One wrote:Lol, can there really be a scenario where in a few days/weeks everything is all but official? Would PSG and Mbappe prefer that?

This has been such a "perfect" soap opera because of the peculiar aspects of the tale. I personally never really took offense with Mbappe's decisions, this is the real world and he's decided to look at things like a shrewd businessman I suppose, but I can certainly understand a bit of entitlement and frustration from some Madrid fans because of all the banter, hype, expectations, sporting and historical contexts between the clubs, etc.

It does feel like this is 1 or 2 years overdue. Not winning the CL retroactively helps frame his stay at PSG as increasingly soulless and vapid.

If he does join Madrid it will be fascinating to see how he wins the hearts of the fans. Bar winning the CL this season with PSG (and even then) it will feel like he has things to prove and he should have a motivational chip on the shoulder.

Would having Bellingham and Mbappe feel more galactico than Kaka, Benzema, and CR7 joining in the same transfer window? I started watching in 2010 and even by then Kaka already felt like past his sell date image wise.
definitely not. Two balon d'or winners and a young phenom after madrid having lackluster performances in the champions league. 2009 was much different

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:26 pm

Lol... I feel for u Sport... some Real fans are so bad that it makes a fellow fan so sick that it makes him dont even wanna be a part of the bunch anymore Very Happy Barca arent perfect, but I definitely get it... but u can also support Mbappe n if Real in general as a non fanatic kinda fan n be more neutral if u know what I mean. As I age I think that goes with a lot of things, one can become more flexible instead of having the believe that one must be a lifetime hardcore one club fan no matter what. The point of being a football fan is to enjoy watching the game after all. But I know some dont think like that Razz

Some Real fans are decent, but it seems there are lots that dont realize just how blessed they are now... gotta give it to Flo... amazing to pull this off since PSG seemed fav to retain him. This is definitely Galaticos 3.0. Unfortunately from a team balance POV, all 3 of Mbappe, Vini n Bellingham likes to play on the left, so Im sure one of them will have to roam more on the right, unless Ancelotti can find someone who can compensate on the right n them 3 to be free. Anyway, Real will now rival Man C as the best team in the world surely, especially if they further strengthen the defense with Konate... fuk...lol...

N gotta say Mbappe showed all his haters wrong. He isnt all about money n chose the option that earns him less n is taking the risk n next step in his career by moving out of PSG.

Think La Liga is gonna be a one horse race very often now in the next decade or so. Unless Laporta can invent some way again so we can sign some cheap top players to compete... highly unlikely Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:42 pm

Comes to think of it, could Real be risky n field a front 3 in addition to Bellingham? If him n everyone is willing to do more defending as a whole? It should be doable especially when u got physically amazing workhorses like Tucha, Cama n Fede, that way Rodrygo can play RW, or Flo may even think about getting Dembele as well since PSG got him on the RW to feed Mbappe Very Happy If Ancelotti can pull it off I think football fans would be treated to some amazing attacking play from Real... will have less control in midfield but the plus definitely makes it worthwhile?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:15 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Comes to think of it, could Real be risky n field a front 3 in addition to Bellingham? If him n everyone is willing to do more defending as a whole? It should be doable especially when u got physically amazing workhorses like Tucha, Cama n Fede, that way Rodrygo can play RW, or Flo may even think about getting Dembele as well since PSG got him on the RW to feed Mbappe Very Happy If Ancelotti can pull it off I think football fans would be treated to some amazing attacking play from Real... will have less control in midfield but the plus definitely makes it worthwhile?

Bellingham really shouldn't be playing a 10 although he's great at it.  He could dominate the midfield if he played more CM.  Could still attack if the opportunity presented itself (like a gap between defenders or as a trailing player)...  but wouldn't need to park himself inside or edge of the box.  RM could then get a stranglehold in the midfield (the most important area on the pitch IMO) with the players that they have.

Have him play advanced CM and control the pace.  Zidane could have played the 10 too no problem and scored a ton more goals.  However, he was at his best controlling the pace of the game by dominating the midfield...  France had Henry, Trezeguet, Djorkaeff, etc to score goals.  RM had R9, Raul, Morientes, Owen, Figo, etc.  If RM has problems scoring goals, you can always move him more forward again.  BUT i don't think goals are going to be a problem for RM... so focus on control imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:00 pm

Yea, if Bellingham can play that then Real would be balance more or less, at least much more so than it looks on paper now with 3 players preferring the left n then 3 midfielders behind Razz I didnt watch him much at all at Dortmund, but he looks a complete player n smart enough to do it... ffs Real are so lucky~ Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:12 pm

Well Sports, for all your huffing and puffing about Mbappe having all the power in making demands, the end result of this, if true, is he comes on Flo’s terms. You making a big deal now about image rights yet it is no different that what Ronaldo had. The only demand remaining is his so called demand to play on left. I’ll await to see how that works out.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:12 pm

Pedram wrote:Good to hear we didn't give in to his insane wage demands.
With a 150m sign on bonus it sounds like you actually did

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:25 pm

Given the players going for 100M, 150 is a very good price. It’s the salary that’s the big deal. He’s getting far less than what he was so called demanding and at that his demand was reported by Sports was doubled in PSG’s offer. Also the salary falls in line with salary ladder, at the top, but not excessively so.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Well Sports, for all your huffing and puffing about Mbappe having all the power in making demands, the end result of this, if true, is he comes on Flo’s terms. You making a big deal now about image rights yet it is no different that what Ronaldo had. The only demand remaining is his so called demand to play on left. I’ll await to see how that works out.

False.  He gets 150 million euros signing fee and 38 million or so net wages.  5 year contract.  So if we amortize the signing fee and add wages...  68 million per season.  He's making 76 million now. Time value of money on the 150 million of course since he gets it all now.

Also, he's going to keep most of his image rights (similar to CR7) to compensate him for lost bonus.

He's gotten the same deal as offered in 2022 basically.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Well Sports, for all your huffing and puffing about Mbappe having all the power in making demands, the end result of this, if true, is he comes on Flo’s terms. You making a big deal now about image rights yet it is no different that what Ronaldo had. The only demand remaining is his so called demand to play on left. I’ll await to see how that works out.

False.  He gets 150 million euros signing fee and 38 million or so net wages.  5 year contract.  So if we amortize the signing fee and add wages...  68 million per season.  He's making 76 million now. Time value of money on the 150 million of course since he gets it all now.

Also, he's going to keep most of his image rights (similar to CR7) to compensate him for lost bonus.

He's gotten the same deal as offered in 2022 basically.

Exactly, on Flo’s term. The important thing to Flo and team is salary ladder. He’s on top, but not totally out of proportion to teammates as you were saying Flo would have to match PSG offer. The bonus and image rights were always on the table.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:18 pm

In 2022, Mbappe's mother said that RM's offer was not less than PSG.  The differentiator was the "loyalty bonus".  Nobody in the world other than PSG can pay him that.

RM is compensating him some more by giving bigger him image rights, which are higher value than if he's at PSG.  I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers end up being close to the same as his popularity rises.  PSG has nowhere near the marketing pull of RM.

Who is the sponsor for Madrid?  I think it's Adidas.  That may be a sticking point because he has a HUGE contract with Nike.  That needs to be settled somehow.  Typically, you get paid by the number of commercials you make and the number of times you wear a Nike product in a game.  He'd lose some there because he'd wear Adidas with RM.  Sure Adidas will be thrilled to pay him the difference, but it needs to get sorted.  Same thing with Oakley, Hublot, etc.   All conflicts have to resolved.  That's what takes the most time frankly.

Side note... Thief Tebas and dumb La Liga clubs have sold all their image rights many years into the future.  If Mbappe comes, they would have gotten much more money.  Short-sighted idiots.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:41 am

Dunno why u bother Sport, ur just talking to rock/brick wall Razz Entitled arrogant Real fans think the world all bend their knees n bow to them lol... its true for the refs Flo pays though Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:24 pm

It’s becoming more and more likely that Mbappe will end up renewing with PSG.

Article out today that both Liverpool and Arsenal told Mbappe that they would not break their wage structure to meet his salary demand. That is precisely what is happening at Madrid right now. It’s not that these teams don’t want him nor refuse to pay him the highest on club. The wage demand is more than double what the current highest earner makes. All these clubs are essentially refusing to bend to Mbappe’s demands as doing so is not viable economically. At the same time, none of these clubs are refusing to pay him the 150M signing bonus he wants as he is a free transfer. It is worth noting that all three of these clubs are among the top 10 financially.

So much for PSG and Mbappe trying to set new highs of cost of doing business, as Sports has been stating for several years now.

Madrid are not out of the race yet as they are trying to explain that both the sporting and commercial value would be increased at Madrid vs PSG and they have given him the same sort of image rights as Ronaldo had. However, It sounds like Mbappe ‘s camp especially his mother is insisting on the salary demand and Flo isn’t budging. For those of you not familiar, this was the exact reason why Ronaldo was let go (and Messi stayed on). And if you want economic proof, look no further than what happened at Barcelona!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:59 pm

That's a false article.  According to RMC Sport yesterday I believe, Mbappe has verbal offers from Liverpool, United, and Newcastle (lol).  City has asked to become a bidder if Mbappe says no to Real Madrid.  No written offers because Mbappe as asked them to wait as Real Madrid is still the top choice.

And that's the reason Mbappe hasn't accepted Real Madrid's offer.  He is leaving Ligue 1 according to Riolo (who called him signing with PSG from Monaco, renewing, etc.  Also interviewed Mbappe once.  One of the Mbappe media).  The delay is that he has huge offers from PSG and the EPL teams.  Madrid is not meeting those numbers.

At some point, either Madrid gives in a bit or Mbappe announces his departure and will sign for another team.  Liverpool seems highly likely with Xabi going there this summer. City may poach him though.

The Arsenal story came from Daily Mirror lol... or one of the "Daily" garbage media in the UK.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:25 pm

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:50 pm

Julien Lauren is legit.  He is close to both PSG and Mbappe.

I feel it's an image rights negotiation right now.  I don't think Mbappe is against a lower wage to meet Madrid's structure as long as he gets enough of his image rights to compensate.  That's the big block right now.  Real Madrid wants to keep more of it obviously because it's likely that Mbappe's brand will explode even more.

It will get done.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:00 pm

Really hope he's gone. It isn't off to say he's surpassed the PSG brand, to which is one of the best marketed brands Ive seen in my lifetime since their boom but he has done all he can in Ligue 1 and the label that he "does it in a farmer league" just won't change until the league reaches the top 3.

Of course I hope it's LFC but I doubt it with Klopp leaving but RM would somehow be exciting to see how he will take over there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 am

It would be more valid if he also didn't do it in CL and World Cup... but i get the ignorance. Plenty of of it here in fact. So, yes, he should leave. I just don't want him to go to Real Madrid preferably. EPL would be much more interesting and exciting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:32 am

I have to contest that because those games were also of a much smaller sample size than league games. Both tournaments.

Its a myth that he can't do it on bigger stages as his CL stats are world class and his record for France doesn't even need to be mentioned with the WC final is basically what turned me into a fan.

RM would be exciting but thats where it ends so I agree on the PL.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:54 am

Arsenal for 400 000M per week, let's do it Mbapay
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:51 pm

Right now, the world of futbol seems to be headed in the direction of dominance by City and RMad.

If the various stories are true, Mbappe staying at PSG or Mbappe going to Madrid does not change that view of competitiveness other than if Madrid, strengthens their hand. However a move to EPL makes for a much better field of competition. So for a overall futbol fan perspective, the latter would be a preference!

But coming back to reality, this is a Mbappe story and it naturally is full of drama and such drama will likely be there for some time, to the bitter end as they say. My view is any of scenarios are possible and similarly I doubt if anyone truly knows except Mbappe and his mother.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:54 pm

It's simply more exciting because the Premier league is a better marketed and presented league than La Liga. Liga has more potential where there are regional and cultural differences in teams from respective regions but like Serie A the marketing is so intensely outdated the focus is only on the top 4 teams. It's pathetic really.

Mbappe will absolutely slaughter PL teams Ive no doubt about that but hoping he doesn't go to City where Pep will of course use him as a chess piece of a larger plan like he does with Haaland, thereby severely limiting his abilities as a whole
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:15 pm

I mean if you're mbappe why would you choose anyone but city or R.madrid? If his goal is winning, there aren't too many options. I would've included liverpool but w/o klopp liverpool hasn't shown to be a force since the mid 2000s and that's even a stretch.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:22 pm

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:27 pm

welcome to manchester united
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next