futbol_bill
halamadrid2
BarcaLearning
21 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

La Liga 2024/25 - Page 13 Empty Re: La Liga 2024/25

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:01 am

N so Real are off, congrats to the titles already, only took 3 games for the doubts to subside Razz

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:36 am

sportsczy wrote:So Mbappe starting to find his explosiveness again... and his touch. Putting in a lot of effort in this game and got a brace.

Re his touch... he's not a 9. So his touches have been designed to push it into space where he can run on to it. As a CF, he has to play with his back to goal and the touches have to be tight to you... not into space because there are multiple defenders that are very near.

It's not as easy a move as people make it out to be. Winger, even an attacking one, and CF are night and day. I personally think his talents are wasted as a 9. The solution is to play a 442 with Vini/Mbappe up front so you're not really playing 9 but a two striker system. Once Jude and Cama come back, it would make sense. But i feel that Carlo really wants to give this 433 a chance. Personally, i think it fails in the end. Other than Vini, the other two are playing out of position.
don't remember Henry or others having this problem

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:22 am

I am pleased with the win and that Mbappe finally scored. However I saw several things in yesterday’s game, that says we need a lot of improvement on.

Mbappe, really surprised at his lack of some basic skills. Sports is making some valid points re his playing an unfamiliar role as a 9, however I found his pass receiving touches very poor and his inability to play in tight quarters. All the forwards plus Bellingham are much better in tight quarters than he is. The other is his lack of speed. It was advertised that speed was his strength yet we haven’t seen it. There is a lot missing for the advertised best player in the world. At this point, Vinicius looks better. Maybe it’s just rust and he may improve or maybe la liga is that much superior to La ligue?

Vinicius. His temperament is ruining his game. I don’t know if it will get better with maturity, but it is really hurting his game. Sure there are bad calls against him, but there are the same against all great players. He needs to learn how to accept that as part of the game.

Rodrygo - he has impressed me in last 3 games. One could argue he has been the more effective player lately.  Perhaps, the challenges for his position has motivated him.

Central Midfielder missing. With Bellingham out, they have tried Güler, Modric and Ceballos. All of them had literally no effect on offense. Only Güler did when he replaced Modric in final 20 minutes in Thursday’s game. And last night, Dias did well late in game, when suddenly, the offense was working.

Mendy - absolutely useless on offense. It’s almost like when he gets the ball in offensive zone, he says what do I do now! Can’t wait for Davies to assist both Vinicius and Mbappe on the left side.

Militao - He’s back to that inconsistent play. Can be a liability at times.

Tchouameni- i feel his defensive efforts are not appreciated by most, but I find at most times, he is effective. It’s his offensive efforts that are disappointing. I can’t figure out why he is a much better player with French NT than he is with Madrid.

Forgot to mention Endick. He is impressive and in only a few minutes of play. Looks much more developed than both Vinicius and Rodrygo were at same age. Now we have 2 kids plus Dias showing they deserve more playing time.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:18 pm

@Myesyats
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:42 pm

I will admit the refs was awful both ways in that game. But its not like you didn't get your share of decisions either.. The Vini pen was a dive realistically but I guess the ref compensated for not calling one earlier. Vini literally throws himself at the keeper

this is a 50/50 too, barca got a goal disallowed for that

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:55 pm

Trying to analyze the decision making of La Liga referees is a exercise in insanity.

They are just amateur league, full stop.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:08 pm

Ceballos out 6 to 8 weeks due to ankle spain, torn ligament injury from last night’s game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:42 pm

Regarding Mbappe, I thought it was evident even in his Monaco footage from 16/17 that was being posted on this forum when we thought we might get him in 17/18... his particular brand of technique and body movement is not conducive to being too nimble and refined in tight and associative contexts. Him playing more as a penetrating runner in the past is not just based around his strengths and desires, but also limitations. Benzema and Vinicius for example both have body elasticity and movement that makes them more press resistant, whippy. Whether he is to play more statically as a striker or more fluidly with Vinicius in a system like ours last year, he should go and watch more Benzema videos and try to internalize interplay, positional, and technical practices he could emulate.

As for Rodrygo, I do believe yesterday was the day where he's most tried to stick to the right and it still wasn't as good as it needs to be. I think I want to see more of Brahim there, I don't think Rodrygo should be looked at as a "starter" and I'm also not convinced with our overall approach to the right wing. We have Rodrygo, Brahim, Arda, and Fede as options there but no one as a real goal scoring associative forward ala Vinicius. That would be the ideal and that type of profile is the one that should be talked about rather than the lame and predictable Florian Wirtz rumors.

It may very well be the best thing that this is Rodrygo's last season with us, as long as we replace him well.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:34 pm

Hmmm it looks like god himself wanna make things more fair n competitive at least for a while without Real being too good to run away with it too early? Razz The league n early CL is too easy wont even need midfield creativity the front men will score themselves, the defending guys just need to get the ball to them Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:23 pm

This Madrid team provides me with endless laughs. From plastic Bellingham who does everything for PR and cameras, to interview GOAT Endrick, to provocateur Vinicius, to the Ninja Turtle himself :bow:

literally didn't give a fuck until cameras were on him Laughing

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:29 pm

Damn RM gonna be more cooked than us injury-wise

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:35 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Regarding Mbappe, I thought it was evident even in his Monaco footage from 16/17 that was being posted on this forum when we thought we might get him in 17/18... his particular brand of technique and body movement is not conducive to being too nimble and refined in tight and associative contexts. Him playing more as a penetrating runner in the past is not just based around his strengths and desires, but also limitations.  Benzema and Vinicius for example both have body elasticity and movement that makes them more press resistant, whippy. Whether he is to play more statically as a striker or more fluidly with Vinicius in a system like ours last year, he should go and watch more Benzema videos and try to internalize interplay, positional, and technical practices he could emulate.

As for Rodrygo, I do believe yesterday was the day where he's most tried to stick to the right and it still wasn't as good as it needs to be. I think I want to see more of Brahim there, I don't think Rodrygo should be looked at as a "starter" and I'm also not convinced with our overall approach to the right wing. We have Rodrygo, Brahim, Arda, and Fede as options there but no one as a real goal scoring associative forward ala Vinicius. That would be the ideal and that type of profile is the one that should be talked about rather than the lame and predictable Florian Wirtz rumors.

It may very well be the best thing that this is Rodrygo's last season with us, as long as we replace him well.
I have been saying it for atleast 2 seasons that Rodrygo is not good enough but consistently starts games despite that. Carlo seems to like him which puzzles me. The guy has a 1 good game in about every 10 or so. Great character but hes a substitute player.
I think dropping him and replacing him with another midfielder would bring some much needed stability.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:19 am

I’ve been saying the same thing, however in past 3 games, he has stuck to the RW and has been more effective than Vinicius and Mbappe. In the long run, he will be replaced, at least starting, by either Güler or Endick. For now he has a place, if Carlo stays with 4-3-3. When he goes to a 4-4-2, which I think he eventually will, for most games, then Rodrygo goes to bench.

IMO, Rodrygo is not responsible, other than that 1st game, for the poor start to the season.

It’s Mbappe not playing as well as we expected
Lack of creativity in midfield
team not being compact as Carlo wants
Vinicius temperament
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:42 am

Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:11 pm

My sincere reaction:

La Liga 2024/25 - Page 13 Img_2911

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:36 pm

Clutch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:So Mbappe starting to find his explosiveness again... and his touch.  Putting in a lot of effort in this game and got a brace.

Re his touch... he's not a 9.  So his touches have been designed to push it into space where he can run on to it.  As a CF, he has to play with his back to goal and the touches have to be tight to you... not into space because there are multiple defenders that are very near.  

It's not as easy a move as people make it out to be.  Winger, even an attacking one, and CF are night and day.  I personally think his talents are wasted as a 9.  The solution is to play a 442 with Vini/Mbappe up front so you're not really playing 9 but a two striker system.  Once Jude and Cama come back, it would make sense.  But i feel that Carlo really wants to give this 433 a chance.  Personally, i think it fails in the end.  Other than Vini, the other two are playing out of position.
don't remember Henry or others having this problem

He didn't because he never played a pure 9 with Arsenal, not even when they later pushed him to a true CF role.

In his first 5 years, Arsenal played a 442.  He was the left striker in the 442.

In his first year, he was next to Bergkamp (and Suker as the backup to Bergkamp).  Henry was the left striker in the 442.  You had Overmars bombing on one side and Ljunberg on the other in the midfield.

Only in 2004-2005 did Henry switch to play CF as Wenger changed to a 451 system.  But again, the team was built around him and he always would attack space from the left.  

433 makes it very crowded for forwards.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:38 pm

What in the world is going on at sevilla

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender