Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 16 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

+41
Lord Awesome
Varnagel
Harmonica
Valkyrja
McAgger
rincon
Beautiful Football
Vibe
The Madrid One
sree999
Doc
danyjr
Chad31
sportsczy
El Kommander
Art Morte
Clutch
futbol_bill
M99
farfan
BarrileteCosmico
Arquitecto
Casciavit
McLewis
neuro11
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
Lord Spencer
Warrior
Cruijf
The Demon of Carthage
BarcaLearning
titosantill
halamadrid2
guest_07
jibers
Thimmy
Firenze
El Gunner
Myesyats
FennecFox7
45 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 16 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Vibe Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:39 am

SSSSSIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 16 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:41 pm

Always felt honored seeing him play, as he is one of a kind. Never has his motivation, determination and fitness been in doubt. Same goes for Messi.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:57 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 16 GRwTUSma4AAG4HX?format=jpg&name=large

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:06 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:41 pm

Damn, what a hot take by Cris there
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:14 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

I think the sky is blue
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:33 am

He is homelander

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:17 am

As time goes by I feel Messi's World Cup over him-effect is starting to dwindle a bit. I remember back at the end of 2022 and early 2023 I felt bad for CR7 but almost two years on and I feel CR7's myth (particularly amongst casuals and in general amongst the mainstream) worldwide might be at a Michael Jordan sort of level, in a way that Messi's is not, not quite.

He's probably quite consciously using his recent social media antics to refine his image and legend further, augmenting his image and "greatness" in the public consciousness through the back end. Can't take the World Cup? No problem, he'll settle with taking the world.

His final active years are looking more and more like an effective, recontextualizing sleight of hand.

I never was a fan of the guy, but I do recognize that in sports and in the public consciousness in general, he is a bonafide modern myth, and I feel now that not only is it actually growing still, but the complicated pathos/character to his legend/greatness is now augmenting his myth by adding layers to it that Messi does not possess. Messi's greatness comes particularly from his unique abilities and his final, singular accomplishment. Ronaldo's greatness is more layered, more complicated, more rich, and more centered around his own character and inner world.

He's also more charismatic, intense, opinionated, sexier, iconic and less autistic than Messi, of course.  Laughing  More fit for a sort of historical aggrandizing. More Maradonian, than Messi himself.

His banishment and exile to the edge of the Earth, to "Siberia," the delirious hunt for 1000 goals, his oft "embarrassing," seeming out of touch-ness with "reality", his tragic pursuit for the World Cup and perfection, the relentless controversy that he carries and creates merely by virtue of existing...

That epochal, narcissistic obsession with being the final frontier...  

A brilliant, larger than life character.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:56 am

lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:47 am

That's a damn long way to say that this man is narcissistic and obnoxious. I feel like we won't hear from Messi anymore once he retires and this guy will be cage-fighting in 20 years time against Djoković on PPV just to stay relevant.

What you wrote would be admirable if not for the fact that he's so self-obsessed and doesnt really spread a positive message but rather transmits falsehoods and projects his own insecurities.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:52 am

Myesyats wrote:this guy will be cage-fighting in 20 years time against Djoković on PPV

I literally spit my food out in a public place right now while reading this rofl
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:32 pm

don't think Djokovic is as narcissistic do to something like that, but yea i can see CR7 soon in the ring with Jake Paul and them lot... don't really care, i mean he has a right to live his life after football how he wants
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:01 pm

Lmao I can totally see that.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:52 pm

One thing I never understood is why all them ppl wanted Messi to prove himself by winning a WC n said hes not that great due to not winning it... whereas no one says anything about CR never coming close to winning it? Prolly this alone shows just in reality nobody takes CR seriously when considering greats? Very Happy Yea hes better suited prolly for his social media poster nowadays... although still enjoy his on the field antics, so funny to watch Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Yesterday at 1:46 am

I don't know why NT performances are held in such high regard when it comes to evaluating a player's legacy or individual quality, and that includes Messi's case. He was already widely considered to be the best before he did win it (when he was, ironically, quite old and far past his best).

If I remember correctly, only 5 countries have passed the world cup trophy between them since the 60s or so. And you can probably guess which countries those are. Maybe it's a controversial opinion, but I do think Messi was already the best player in the world before the WC started, and yet I wasn't particularly impressed by him in particular when they won it. I think that achievement was mostly relevant for his passionate fans.

Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain and Germany have historically dominated the competition. I don't want to take anything away from their repeated achievements, but the odds are always heavily on the side of those nations. Which is likely why fans hold them to such high standards that individual players who dip below world class quality get singled out for criticism because they're supposedly holding their team's top stars back.

I've been reading a lot of criticism towards Norway's NT on the internet over the past few years, and the common expectation seems to be that Haaland and Ødegaard should be dragging us to the world cup, or at the very least, qualify us for an international competition based on their individual qualities. That last argument isn't too farfetched, but we just don't have the collective quality to reliably beat anyone. Haaland has been a goalscoring machine since he made his debut for Norway, but he's been utilized in Pep's isolated striker role for around 2 years now thanks to our manager being a Pep simp.

Ødegaard has been in and out of the treatment table and his form has been fluctuating due to fitness. We have an incredibly weak defense and midfield that have also struggled to stay fit, and then there's the manager who thinks he's capable of emulating Pep Guardiola with an overall inferior side that's clearly not capable of playing possession based football. A lot of people just seem to have a really skewed perception of how individuals should be able to impact their national teams in football. When nations win the world cup, it's usually because the sum of all their parts is superior, not because they have a forward named -somethingdinho or -Fernandez. Luck does play a part in such a short competition, but again, the odds always favor the countries that consistently and historically produce the most overall quality.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Yesterday at 7:01 am

Messi had been the best in the world n history for over a decade but so many of them deniers or CR fans n the like thought he wasnt just cos he couldnt win the WC, it was laugable n unbelievable Very Happy But there were just so many of them ppl XD

Messi is so good that ppl put expectations so high that they only place on him n nobody else, not on CR, nor Mbappe (though he already won a WC) or Haaland Razz

Ur right football is a team sport n even Maradona or Pele couldnt carry any team if the team isnt decent enough, its just unrealistic expectation.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16