This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

RIP Didier Roustan

4 posters

Go down

RIP Didier Roustan Empty RIP Didier Roustan

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:47 pm

A giant of football media.

Created telefoot, the first international player's union, etc. Incredible man.

This one hits me hard because I knew him as a kid. He was from Cannes and, when my family became refugees, we moved to the Cannes area. In the 1980s, there was a big problem with child abductions in the region. Some of my friends at the time disappeared this way. Our parents were struggling with working as refugees and the kids had to walk to school and back. That's when vans would drive by and snatch some of us. Well Didier got wind of this. He was already doing very well at TF1 but remained close to Cannes. He (and his friends) bought a small bus and driver that would come and pick us little kids to take us to school and back. The bus would also take us to football practice. God knows how many children were saved, including myself.

So I want to salute him for his generosity. Nobody cared about us and his actions weren't publicized. But we all remember.

I'm sure he's blessed in the next life.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

RIP Didier Roustan Empty Re: RIP Didier Roustan

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:47 pm

RIP

He was one of those old school journalists, very knowledgeable and passionate. Wasn't that old either, indeed it is sad.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:19 pm

Wow... had no idea things like that happened in France also... must have been some upbringing Sport...

RIP to Didier Roustan.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:A giant of football media.

Created telefoot, the first international player's union, etc. Incredible man.

This one hits me hard because I knew him as a kid. He was from Cannes and, when my family became refugees, we moved to the Cannes area. In the 1980s, there was a big problem with child abductions in the region. Some of my friends at the time disappeared this way. Our parents were struggling with working as refugees and the kids had to walk to school and back. That's when vans would drive by and snatch some of us. Well Didier got wind of this. He was already doing very well at TF1 but remained close to Cannes. He (and his friends) bought a small bus and driver that would come and pick us little kids to take us to school and back. The bus would also take us to football practice. God knows how many children were saved, including myself.

So I want to salute him for his generosity. Nobody cared about us and his actions weren't publicized. But we all remember.

I'm sure he's blessed in the next life.

Wow, who know how many kids lives he saved with that one selfless act.

I never heard of him before, but I will remember him now.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down