Firenze
Arquitecto
titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
30 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 7 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:20 am

Bergkamp was a bit inconsistent at times in his later years at Arsenal. But his first 4 years were nothing short of exceptional to me. When he was paired with Overmars... my god.

There was that one year when Anelka burst on the scene where it was just magical with Overmars/Bergkamp/Anelka on the front line. Anelka... the biggest waste of talent ever. Talk about surly.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 7 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:28 am

sportsczy wrote:Bergkamp was a bit inconsistent at times in his later years at Arsenal. But his first 4 years were nothing short of exceptional to me. When he was paired with Overmars... my god.

There was that one year when Anelka burst on the scene where it was just magical with Overmars/Bergkamp/Anelka on the front line. Anelka... the biggest waste of talent ever. Talk about surly.

Every time I heard or read about Anelka back then, it was always related to him having had some kind of temper tantrum Laughing I vaguely remember watching him at Arsenal, but I do remember him being very talented. Emmanuel Petit is another player in that team that I was a fan of. People can say what they want about Wenger, but he always had an eye for talent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:51 am

Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Bergkamp was a bit inconsistent at times in his later years at Arsenal. But his first 4 years were nothing short of exceptional to me. When he was paired with Overmars... my god.

Every time I heard or read about Anelka back then, it was always related to him having had some kind of temper tantrum Laughing I vaguely remember watching him at Arsenal, but I do remember him being very talented. Emmanuel Petit is another player in that team that I was a fan of. People can say what they want about Wenger, but he always had an eye for talent.

Anelka was always upset, offended, angry or a combination of all of them. Never, ever happy. As a result, he burned bridges very fast everywhere that he went. Too bad because, if he could have gotten his head even 1/2 straight, he would have been one of the greatest strikers of his generation. He was that talented.

Petit was good too. You had Kanu for a little bit. Ljungberg. Robert Pires. Ashley Cole. Etc. Just a lot of good players. Best of all, Wenger had them play a beautiful style of play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:33 pm

Bergkamp's peak was a bit too early for me, so i never really got the hype. Pires was my first favourite Arsenal player.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:26 pm

Surprised sports didn't put Pires amongst his favourite. Pires being a classy multidimensional winger. Absolutely brilliant.

For me that team is immortalised shame they didn't win the CL and even more titles given what they had. Super Saiyan Wenger at that time.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:22 am

Bergkamp for me is pure classy footballer... one of his highlight is that goal vs Arg in the WC, just beautiful.

Arsenal were always great in football, but prolly lacking a bit overall compared with Man U back then... n dont forget couldnt even stop Chelsea dominate as soon as Mou came Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 pm

We’ve won 3 CLs since this dude started playing in 201), he needs us much more than we need him. Hopefully he rots in PSG until he moves to Saudi at 31. Closest the dude came to a CL title was when he was carried by Ney in 2020, only for him to bottle the final.

On another note, not rating Marcelo in 2024 screams clueless Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:31 pm

Neymar carried Mbappe in 2020?  Really?  Did you watch through your eyes or through your rear end? Neymar only played 9 CL games out of a possible 13. Missed the first two elimination rounds. Why? He was injured as usual. Mbappe missed 2 early ones and 1 in elimination round because of this right before semis:

Also, Mbappe has 1 CL final and 2 semis (one with Monaco) by the age of 24.  Suck on that.

Marcelo is not and will never be higher than #10 left back in football history currently.  Give it a few years and he'll drop from that spot too.  He couldn't defend my grandmother.

Dumbass
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:59 pm

Lol this is probably another of the big reasons that the forum has progressively been losing members and dying, there's always been plenty of toxicity despite the camaraderie that you might think there could be amongst a fringe community that has been together on and off for years. Laughing Not surprised if that influenced Nick for example to leave, and he was criminal at being toxic as well. Laughing

Not even tongue in cheek toxicity.

It's an annoying thing the whole Mbappe and Madrid saga, and I really hope that he leaves PSG this season, whether it be to the EPL or to Madrid, I just want this saga to die. Him joining an EPL club would surely and hopefully kill it.

The way history has gone though, it can be said that if anyone needs anyone for European glory, it's more Mbappe that needs Madrid than vice versa. Obviously, this is a bit of a trolling piece but history has shown the point that one world beater doesn't guarantee maximum success over an extended period of time.

Even Messi couldn't escape that with Barcelona after 2015.

Now, diplomacy aside, I do prefer that PSG crash and burn miserably again and I would enjoy the flack Mbappe gets as it puts the light on the fact that despite any great things anyone might think Mbappe has done at PSG, narratively and historically that's a wash. Ligue 1 and PSG is literally seen as a type of joke by most of the football world.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:36 pm

always knew that Madrid fans wont appreciate a talent like Mbappe, time to come home Mbabpy ! Salah might leave next summer so ideal time for him to come to Liverpool.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:16 pm

Marcelo is not top 10 because ‘he couldn’t defend’ while Carlos is 4th - and you have the audacity to call people dumbass, you dumbass.

Football is a net gain game, and Marcelo is one of its greatest talents. You want him as close to the opponent goal as possible in order to make the difference - create or score goals, and have other players trying to cover for him like Casemiro. A world class 10 and winger that plays at left back and cover an entire flank alone, covering for CR who’s either camping in the box or not tracking back (ever) is a gift from God.

Coming back to Mbappe, he really fkd Ney in 2020, he was utterly shit in Europe that year - as he’s mostly been in his CL career bar his first season at Monaco. A few posts back you made he seem as if he’s Lionel Messi, while he’s closer to Lionel’s dog than to the man himself. Not everything French is an expensive croissant. He’s not as good as he, you or his cretin mother believe - if he were, he would’ve achieved much more by now, so I don’t see where this arrogance comes from. Pal should keep his head down still.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm

Mbappe has 43 goals in 67 games for PSG. I dont see how that is remotely terrible as the moment Neymar's fat ass left mr Ball hog and needless dribbles at the wing, that's where Mbappe was unlocked and made quite the difference for PSG from then.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:49 am

The Madrid One wrote:Lol this is probably another of the big reasons that the forum has progressively been losing members and dying, there's always been plenty of toxicity despite the camaraderie that you might think there could be amongst a fringe community that has been together on and off for years. Laughing Not surprised if that influenced Nick for example to leave, and he was criminal at being toxic as well. Laughing

Not even tongue in cheek toxicity.

It's an annoying thing the whole Mbappe and Madrid saga, and I really hope that he leaves PSG this season, whether it be to the EPL or to Madrid, I just want this saga to die. Him joining an EPL club would surely and hopefully kill it.

The way history has gone though, it can be said that if anyone needs anyone for European glory, it's more Mbappe that needs Madrid than vice versa. Obviously, this is a bit of a trolling piece but history has shown the point that one world beater doesn't guarantee maximum success over an extended period of time.

Even Messi couldn't escape that with Barcelona after 2015.

Now, diplomacy aside, I do prefer that PSG crash and burn miserably again and I would enjoy the flack Mbappe gets as it puts the light on the fact that despite any great things anyone might think Mbappe has done at PSG, narratively and historically that's a wash. Ligue 1 and PSG is literally seen as a type of joke by most of the football world.

Excellent post MTO.

At this point, I really don’t care the outcome of Mbappe! I’m tired of the drama and despite what Sports says, I believe he and his camp create most of the drama. The media is responsible as well, but I think a lot of it is coming from Paris!

I think the outcome comes down to
A) goes to RMad
B) renews at PSG
C) goes to Liverpool

And I don’t think any of us knows what will be the outcome.

I don’t see anyone else meeting the criteria that seems to be out there. City could jump in, if somehow, Flo gets Haaland released, but the timing of all that would be too late for Mbappe’s availability.

By the way the media speculation (for both City and RMad) that both Mbappe and Haaland will eventually end up on same team, is utter rubbish, will never happen. I can’t see the two best players on same team as both their playing style and egos would clash.

From my perspective, wanting the best for MY club, i just hope there is a way that Flo can get Haaland if he loses out on Mbappe. It will be costly, but I get the sense that Flo is prepared, this time, to pay whatever the cost will be (for either). Media is all over this in last few days yet Sports says no way according to something his agent said. I don’t trust anyone at this point as to who may be right. Barring that, the third option has to be go get a decent starting CF.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:38 am

sportsczy wrote:
Clutch wrote:Vini and mbappe are much closer than ppl like to admit lol. Vini has made massive improvements in the past 2-3 yrs.
About as close as Antoine Griezmann was to Messi.  That's the level of the gap.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch games with their eyes.

Do you old buddy of mine? I thought i replied but apparently i didnt. Mbappe has regressed. Don't let his scrub killing in ligue 1 deceive you otherwise. And the longer he stays there, the more he will regress bit by bit. I hope he renews bounce

titosantill wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Much higher.

160 million euros signing fee
27 million euros net (after taxes) wages
retains 50% of his image rights

Explain to me how the hell a guy who hasnt accomplished anything clubside outside of ligue 1 gets more money vs a cl winner in vinicius jr.

But then again i fail to realize that as a mercenary, money is their mo. His mom surely doing her best raiola impression. The man is dead but his greed passed on to aspiring money grubbing agents who like to skim off their players. Even more egregious when its family.

Already got generational money and bloke still wants more? Merde.

I like vini as much as the next madrid fan, but don't you think this is a wild take? i'm not saying vinicius can't become better at some point in future, but as far as January 8th 2024 and no time after jan 8th 2024. but up till this very moment, this is a wild take.
Not at all. Titles give you clout. And there are many such cases where one achieves international glory but seemingly should have but ultimately not have better club football careers. Take one good hard look at pogba and you will see Mbappe's career trajectory as it stands except he is worse off than pogba though its not too late for him. Pogba to his credit at least has serie a titles. The turtle only has ligue 1. All Mbappe's hype and moments are mostly with his nt. He hasnt accomplished anything club level that is note worthy. The psg final run? That loser nerman may be a loser and i never want to give him any bloody credit for anything, but that run had more to do with him than the turtle unfortunately. His 30-40+ goals a season? It is impressive but then you have to remember its in uber eats. It has the same value as 30-40 scored in the Bundesliga. Its not the same as one would in the d o n k e y league or la liga.

CL? Hasnt done enough. And with the talent level that sports is claiming he has, guy should be putting in cr7 or mehssi performances. While there are legitimate reasons as why he hasnt and isnt able to, it doesnt change the fact psg hasnt achieved anything of note in cl. Anytime they face a serious contender, they fold. This season its all on mbappe now and they struggle against the mighty newcastle united. Took referee help for psg to finally beat newcastle. Where was this world beater mbappe hmmm?

What sports sees in mbappe is the one from 2018. The one who won france that wc.
What i see is the turtle that is front of me and you. If it were that turtle from 2018 id agree with you. But this mbappe? He is still better than vinicius but the difference is not the same as it was before. And he is nowhere near what sports is suggesting here.

Do not let international performances deceive. As pogba proved, one should trust in club performances and atm i dont think he is doing anywhere enough to be worth what he is supposedly worth. Though he has a hell of a agent in his mom so he'll get top euro no matter what.

If anyone is worth whats being thrown here its haaland even though he is a mere cog in the guardiola machine. His achievements are not only more recent, but they carry more weight. Treble and being top donkey in the scoring chart helps a lot.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 am

I read an Article based on Jose Felix Diaz (Marca) statements yesterday. Note: I’m the first to say that there are a multitude of articles out there re Mbappe and likely most if not all are likely bullshit!

He apparently said (I understand from several statements in past couple of days out of Paris, (Mbappe, His mom and Al-Khelaifi) that a Mbappe renewal with PSG is coming, and both Real Madrid are already anticipated it. He also said Flo’s possible pursuit of Haaland is a way off. And then I heard From a separate article that Flo is already talking about Osimhen.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:38 am

Osimhen has a foot out of Napoli already. Should definitely be available in the summer. Excellent striker, would kill it at Madrid.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:39 am

Don't be too sure Bill.  I get the feeling that Mbappe's mother is going to do a tour where she blames herself and the rest of the family... for Mbappe's decision in 2022.  Namely, saying that they came from less than nothing and they're proud that they have built an empire.  BUT, etc.

Not false either.   He wanted to go in his heart as we all know.  But everyone from his family to the president of France pressured him to stay.  He was 23 years old.

Anyhow, if Mbappe feels the need to explain why he made his decision in 2022, i suggest that it's directed at Real Madrid fans and Spanish media so they understand the context before he arrives.  He doesn't want animosity toward him when he joins a new club obviously.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:57 am

I’m not, but I also heard Mbappe’s mother say she would take the most money, so IMO, the renewal offer from the Arabs is key.

If he does renew, the talk from Turok and others will be prevalent. He will never be considered an all time great playing for PSG and the french league.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:06 am

futbol_bill wrote:I’m not, but I also heard Mbappe’s mother say she would take the most money, so IMO, the renewal offer from the Arabs is key.

If he does renew, the talk from Turok and others will be prevalent. He will never be considered an all time great playing for PSG and the french league.

He already is an all-time great lol. Just bitter Real Madrid fans don't accept that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:46 am

Yeah. Please stay an all-time great at PSG.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:30 am

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I’m not, but I also heard Mbappe’s mother say she would take the most money, so IMO, the renewal offer from the Arabs is key.

He already is an all-time great lol.  Just bitter Real Madrid fans don't accept that.
buddy hes got a wc. Aint nobody disputing whether or not he is an all time great. Thats not up for discussion. The question is whether or not if mbappe will ride that 2018 wc win and milk it for alls it worth instead of building a greater legacy whether thats at real madrid, donkeypool, donkey united, or even at uber eats.

If mbappe adds a cl to his psg team his ligue 1 title wins would be given more value and carry more weight. But as it currently stands. Nerman leaving has severely weakened psg and mbappe is proving he aint all that he was cracked up to be. Wasnt he supposedly given dictatorial powers to stay at psg? So any current psg problems can only be Mbappe's fault. And let's be honest. Blaming nerman was a shield for the kylian for a long time. Luis enrique isn't an incompetent. Who can be used as a scapegoat when the turtle falters?

Bitter? Sports pls. My main beef is that Mbappe claimed to be a madrid fan. He has had 3 chances to join us. All three chances he has wasted. Either he's a liar who is using Real Madrid's name to further his own ends or he is a fool who caves in to mommy fayza. I highly doubt its the latter so im leaning towards liar.

Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, Tchouameni, Benzema. All got one thing in common: When madrid came calling, they answered the call. For vini, rodrygo, valverde , and tchouameni there was no guarantee of being a starter. And for all they knew, their move could have ended in failure. But they accepted that risk. In benzema's case he had SAF's manutd calling but he chose us.

I get it. Mbappe was afraid to fail. The first chance it definitely was risky. He could have easily been lost in the shuffle.The 2nd chance? Bale was being injured frequently he could have easily slotted right in with cr7 and benzema. Zidane was the coach at the time. But he feared bale and chose not to risk it. Instead going to psg. Fair enough. Bale while inconsistent was still big game bale. BBC is legendary i understand that.

3rd time however? Nah m8. Peer pressure? Really? I think pressure winning a wc is greater than peer pressure from family or macron. Mbappe was simply maximizing his net gains. Nothing wrong with that. But he used Real Madrid's interest for that generational money. And his flirting with us has cost us opportunities for other elite forwards. That i will not forgive.

Tchouameni made it clear to mbappe his priorities when he called him about joining psg. Tchouameni wasn't afraid to make his choice. Neither did the rest.

Mbappe is a careful guy. Its proven he dont like to take risks. And theres nothing wrong with that. Its good he secured generational wealth for his family. Good for him.

But Real Madrid has no need of such careful people. We need those who are ready to risk it all. As those who are bold are the ones who will deliver us the gold. Im sure he will light up the don key league. We need those who are ready to bleed for this club. And we're doing fine as is. Though maybe osimhen could help tip the scales for us. Mbappe can continue being an all time great ligue 1 man or goto the don key league and be the goat there. We need fighters who are ready to bleed to come here. Not mercenaries who cherry pick their contracts for maximum pay.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:27 pm

Wow dude everybody doesnt have to join madrid lool. I wanted Mbappe to sign for us after that season with monaco, I wanted us to sign both him and Haaland 3 years ago as a starting duo. We dragged our feet, and nothing materialized. If you talk about scared one could argue that Madrid were too scared of change, so we dragged our feet and missed out on both.

People don't have to play for madrid to be great....there's a host of players who played mainly for bayern (which is similar to psg's situation), they're not ridiculed for it. Nobody says Neuer isnt great or is any less cos he played for schalke and bayern.

And if we're being honest, is la liga really that much a step up from ligue un? The league's been declining for quite some time and is even more evident when girona's playing barca out the park. imo la liga, ligue un, serie a and bundesliga are all on the same level. A lot of the top teams in some of those leagues can't even fill their stadiums on a weekly basis.

Any of those leagues will be a lateral move in terms of leagues. Might be a step up in terms of the club, obviously Madrid's bigger and better than psg, but this needs to stop sounding like he's moving from the Thailand league to the EPL. We missed out on him when we had the chance. Instead of bashing the guy, we better do some scouting and sign someone else.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:55 pm

Lol @ some of these Real clown fans XD Actually it reminds me a bit of what many thought about Messi n Barca worldwide prior to Barca well beaten Man U back in the 08-09 CL final... basically ppl who dont even watch Mbappe or PSG at all saying things about him without having any clue at all... not surprised though, ppl are like that n especially some of these Real fans who are so clueless Very Happy

Mbappe will most likely move, otherwise it would be even worst career choice than Neymars Razz So he will then prove n show these clowns too just how good he is, so in a few yrs times these clowns will start to realize how dumb their opinions are now Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:36 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Lol @ some of these Real clown fans XD Actually it reminds me a bit of what many thought about Messi n Barca worldwide prior to Barca well beaten Man U back in the 08-09 CL final... basically ppl who dont even watch Mbappe or PSG at all saying things about him without having any clue at all... not surprised though, ppl are like that n especially some of these Real fans who are so clueless Very Happy

Mbappe will most likely move, otherwise it would be even worst career choice than Neymars Razz So he will then prove n show these clowns too just how good he is, so in a few yrs times these clowns will start to realize how dumb their opinions are now Very Happy

We’re fine pal. We’ve won the CL 3 times since he started playing in 2016/17, and you can bet we’ll win more than him over the next 10 years or so. Dude’s already almost 26 and hasn’t had any memorable European campaigns. Time goes fast.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:19 am

So is Mbappe coming to Madrid or not?

Someone here said January 15th is the deadline.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:12 am

Vibe wrote:So is Mbappe coming to Madrid or not?

Vibe wrote:So is Mbappe coming to Madrid or not?

Extremely doubtful at this point. Apparently the January demand wasn’t well received. With last week’s out of Paris; Mbappe, his mom, and PSG president, it does appear he will renew.

Latest talk is Flo is looking at Osimhen.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next