McAgger
halamadrid2
Vibe
36 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 34 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Pedram Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:12 pm

Leave it to Arsenal to always bottle it.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:37 pm

Mourinho has pawned Arsenal for so absurdly long he just couldn't help himself in dragging them in this interview as well, in clearly a tough part of his career Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:02 pm

Arsenal has yet to leave wenger's shadow.

And until they do, they should never be taken as a serious donkey team. The only way to do that is by winning the league or have a manager who has no connection to arsene wenger.

Chances of either are grim.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:00 pm

So apparently Man United and Man City are under pressure to change their club crests because they are racist. Both emblems contain a ship, the narrative goes those are slave ships.

We are sinking deeper are deeper as a race, aren't we.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:18 pm

Of course its racist it represents the mass transport of minority slaves back and forth across the atlantic.

Why both crests need to be dinghys, like the ones trying their luck 40 yards off the pier of Portsmouth as helpless women and children but happen to be all men in their 20s.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:13 pm

Is there a FA Cup thread? Arsenal v Liverpool looking like both teams putting our their best teams... n now Liverpool almost wins it with about 10mins left...

Arsenal collapsing this badly in Jan. already? Or just cbf n can now focus on the league? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:30 pm

Looks like Timo Werner is being loaned out to Tottenham. That's a move that I didn't see coming. Hopefully, he performs better for them than he did for Chelsea.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:54 pm

I thought he was great at Chelsea, hustling left and right, doing useful things all around.

Aside from his finishing. Man was incapable of even scoring a tap in, it was glorious actually.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:55 pm

Unbelievable Arsenal allowed that LFC team to win even after Klopp throwing it away.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:07 pm

Saka was absolutely atrocious.

Nunez wasn't much better

Jota turned the game on its head when he came on. Why isn't he a starter?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:08 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

Jota turned the game on its head when he came on. Why isn't he a starter?

He's been injured. He is the most effective after Salah
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:19 pm

El Gunner wrote:make no mistake, though, we're still gunna beat Real Madrid if we are drawn against them later in the CL this season

Just refinding this quote as no doubt it be of use sooner or later, lol.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:46 am

*Sees Liverpool beating arsenal today*

Alistair rigby is gonna be one unhappy bloke after this.

So much for competing for the donkey cup. Arteta has that wenger dna going for him and not in a good way.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:07 am

Liverpool are so loaded up front, Jota being the bench all the while being so good says it all...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:19 am

Not the least bit surprised we cleaned up this match as Arsenal didn't even look close to beating us. Klopp isn't the biggest fan of the FA cup and this isn't ideally what we need given lack of depth for the squad but a solid win and a trophy would be nice this year.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:28 pm

lol we actually looked decent in the first half, definitely were the better team, just couldn't score... more xG overall as well, but go off, enjoy your win
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 pm

2 years ago I had made a post that Arteta is worth sticking with for a while but I was not sure if he is Rodgers type or a modern Pep. Every match day goes by, he seems to be Rodgers level.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:33 pm

Helmer wrote:2 years ago I had made a post that Arteta is worth sticking with for a while but I was not sure if he is Rodgers type or a modern Pep. Every match day goes by, he seems to be Rodgers level.

I really do think he's more of a Pep than a Rodgers, but without the luxury of squad depth, and arguably not the same level of individual quality across his team either. All clubs have some weaknesses, be it their lack of depth, consistency issues, not enough experience, too much experience, or some other lack of flexibility.

Man City don't have a lot of depth this season, but they're coping really well with the injuries they've had. They can shuffle players around, because they have players who are capable of it. I don't think Arsenal are quite as blessed with squad flexibility when key players are out of form or injured, and I wouldn't expect Arteta to conjure up some solution to that. They don't have the squad for it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:29 pm

Its silly to call him a Rodgers let alone a Pep but definitely more of a Pep than Rodgers who had far more coaching experience before his stint in LFC.

Before Swansea Rodgers was bang average but chose to expand his mind by travelling to Holland and Spain etc to enrich his footballing mind. Which is why resulted in his Swansea and eventually the best part of LFC.

Problem with Rodgers is he has a literal ceiling that he doesn't evolve past why he will remain the way he is, which is a GOOD coach but not much more.

Arteta has taken a high profile club as his first stint and doing well with a a squad that isn't as good as its rated and has been the best competition against City for the most part in recent times.

But you cannot compare what he has at his disposal compared to what Pep has therefore a severe disadvantage.

Let's not forget how he has enriched the culture of the club and his leadership is something else.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:32 am

Arteta is good... but the management at Arsenal is still very cheap. They aren't giving him enough talent to work with. He has to develop players into much more than what they've been as opposed to just getting the best out of what they've already been, if that makes sense
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:11 pm

the management have done their part in the past few years... we've spent a lot just look at the spending charts since 2020... the recruitment has been poor though here and there, especially last window, and that's on Arteta and Edu... Havertz and Raya both controversial signings... we've gone through 4 goalies since Arteta has come in, and arguably the guy who was first out the door was probably the best of the lot: Emi Martinez

Arteta definitely isn't Rodgers, but the gap between Rodgers and Pep is huge... and for all the good that he has done for us, it is true in today's climate, you are only as good as your last performance... so the judgements are still out on him...

there's still lots of room for improvement... he needs to be less stubborn and more flexible, i.e. in-game adjustments, game to game adjustments... he needs to improve his man management, overall squad usage and getting the best out of his players, and play them in their best positions instead of being too rigid with a structure... for instance i know damn well Trossard would be a borderline 15g, 15a player under Klopp... but under Arteta he is in and out of the team, and no one knows where his best position is because of Arteta's managerial weaknesses
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:02 pm

Think it needs to be (lazily) understood Arteta was always known as a manager more in the Italian mould, far more than what one would assume he is due to his nationality. Thereby tactically very adept, great system creator but extremely stubborn, slow to react and somewhat inflexible.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Its silly to call him a Rodgers let alone a Pep but definitely more of a Pep than Rodgers who had far more coaching experience before his stint in LFC.

Before Swansea Rodgers was bang average but chose to expand his mind by travelling to Holland and Spain etc to enrich his footballing mind. Which is why resulted in his Swansea and eventually the best part of LFC.

Problem with Rodgers is he has a literal ceiling that he doesn't evolve past why he will remain the way he is, which is a GOOD coach but not much more.

Arteta has taken a high profile club as his first stint and doing well with a a squad that isn't as good as its rated and has been the best competition against City for the most part in recent times.

But you cannot compare what he has at his disposal compared to what Pep has therefore a severe disadvantage.

Let's not forget how he has enriched the culture of the club and his leadership is something else.

Arq, not convincing to change my opinion.
Not sure if my post was clear, I meant from mentality point of view, he is closer to Rodgers. Under Rodgers, I never felt confident or never sensed a strong club mentality to win games. I always felt insecure. This is just not me, players in hindsight have talked about similar things about him and I have some couple of scouse friends through my job, who say the same thing.

The comparison of how Rodgers started his career and how Arteta did it meaningelss in this context. In fact, I would say Arteta is lucky to have been given directly a job at Arsenal.

I have no f clue how Arteta plays with such weird fullbacks, I have never seen them attacking like modern fullbacks, like almost all other modern title/CL winning teams have. I still cant grab my head around Ben White playing as RB. From his interview it feels like Arteta thinks he is Pep but may be overcomplicates football too much
Ben White's interview wrote:"To play full-back for him, you've got to be a centre mid, a centre-back, a winger, a No 10. So, it's been about developing the whole of my game, rather than just as a full-back or a centre-back."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:59 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Arteta definitely isn't Rodgers, but the gap between Rodgers and Pep is huge... and for all the good that he has done for us, it is true in today's climate, you are only as good as your last performance... so the judgements are still out on him...

there's still lots of room for improvement... he needs to be less stubborn and more flexible, i.e. in-game adjustments, game to game adjustments... he needs to improve his man management, overall squad usage and getting the best out of his players, and play them in their best positions instead of being too rigid with a structure... for instance i know damn well Trossard would be a borderline 15g, 15a player under Klopp... but under Arteta he is in and out of the team, and no one knows where his best position is because of Arteta's managerial weaknesses

lol that sounds many things like what Rodgers did. Again I dont mean from tactical or playing point of view, but more of a weirdness of things that as a manager they both did. Signing Havertz was a risky but not that bad decision. But it seems like Arteta does not have the tactical nous to make it work, it would have been safer to sign an upcoming world class potential from somewhere.

My gut feeling is Arsenal overachieved last season - a lot of relatively young players had strong seasons, but there's always going to be bumps and inconsistency as they gain more experience in the PL. They are still well-placed to build a competing team, but whether Arteta has the tactical nous and makes enough right decisions. Big ?

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:36 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but I firmly recall both GL and other places on the internet expressing doubts about Klopp before the club brought in Van Dijk, Salah and the rest of what would become the core of a rather dominant team. The story's the same for Arteta, although I personally think he has a few holes in his team compared to prime Liverpool under Klopp. Whether or not that's his fault is... it's always the manager, isn't it? Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:19 am

I would clearly accept this, I always wanted someone like Carlo over Klopp.
Speaking about Klopp, who faced heavy criticism here on GL unlike current support to Arteta. He received criticism only because Liverpool fans were saying, we see progress and he deserves more time. Obviously bringing correct players makes a difference to any club. Without brining any of those players, Klopp defeated ManCity 4-1 at Etihad, reached league cup final and lost to City on penalties, on the way to Europa league final he defeated likes of ManUtd and Dortmund. The thing where Klopp deserves credit is, he did not fall for "spend millions, sign players and then win trophies" and second thing, he had courage to wait for the right players and wait couple of windows. Klopp wanted some German guy over Salah but when Salah came, he made Salah reach his potential. After doing everything, Klopp still faces very heavy criticism and that is correct because Klopp has done many wrong thigns along the way.

Anyways, I supported Arteta when not a single Arsenal fan was supporting him at that time and all I am questioning now is "whether Arteta has a ceiling as a manager because of his attitude and mentality".

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next