BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 7 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by titosantill Sat May 21, 2022 5:47 pm

No deal is done until the person is holding the jersey at the presentation. Tried to tell that to my madrid brethren, this isn't 2009 where any rumor linking us to a marquee signing means we have em in the bag. Not disappointed, cos I kinda had it at the back of my mind or at least geared my mind to think we wouldn't pull of a deal for neither mbappe nor haaland. And rather than listen to so called insiders or rumors, just wait for an official presentation.

Last edited by titosantill on Sat May 21, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 7 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 5:48 pm

S wrote:What this contract means now is that Mbappe will stay at PSG for the entirety of his prime years or maybe even for life

There's absolutely no chance in hell he's going to take a paycut in his prime if he chose to leave in 3 yrs time because no club in the world, not even City, would be willing to offer a crazy contract like PSG just did.

There's also no way he's ever going to reach Messi-Ronaldo level by playing in a trash league with no competition.

Dude... he's 23 and turns 24 on Dec 20. It's a 2+1 contract (player option for 3rd year). How in that mathematical mind of yours does this equate to Mbappe spending all of his prime years at PSG. I really want to know.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 21, 2022 5:48 pm

What really irks me is the reaction of our fanbase on Twitter and reddit. Like you would think they are talking some random scrub. Mbappe is a generational player, best of his generation and if not for Benz he'd be the best player in the world. Losing out on him sucks and our fans act like Rodrygo is better.

I can understand Haaland. We weren't going to sell benzema after a ballon dor season. Choice was pretty easy For Haaland. City need a striker now, we weren't desperate for one.

Idk where Perez goes from here. This is one big L to take. I personally don't think Vini and Rodrygo are going to the main guys at Madrid. They can be key supporting players but the not "the man" like Benz. Mbappe was closest to it
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:
S wrote:What this contract means now is that Mbappe will stay at PSG for the entirety of his prime years or maybe even for life

There's absolutely no chance in hell he's going to take a paycut in his prime if he chose to leave in 3 yrs time because no club in the world, not even City, would be willing to offer a crazy contract like PSG just did.

There's also no way he's ever going to reach Messi-Ronaldo level by playing in a trash league with no competition.

Dude... he's 23 and turns 24 on Dec 20. It's a 2+1 contract (player option for 3rd year). How in that mathematical mind of yours does this equate to Mbappe spending all of his prime years at PSG. I really want to know.

It's because Mbappe isn't going to take a salary cut when he's 26/27.

So who exactly is more likely to afford to give the highest-paid player in the world an even bigger salary? The oil clubs or Madrid? I think it's obvious.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 pm

Don't understand why people are saying madrid passed up haaland for mbappe, haaland was never gonna sign either the money both these guys are getting under the table is insane, the club can't match oil money that why players like Valverde, vini, Cama, etc.. are being signed Flo is trying buy young players with huge potential before other clubs swoop in for them later after some progress, I'm sure vini right now is easily a 100 mil player and Rodrygo is also on his way to price tag as well, so I don't mind the strategy those who aren't can be sold off without too big of a loss, I'm fully expecting a couple of key signing this summer to not disappoint cry baby fans, as usual I don't really care who it is as long as it help the team win.

Hope some real madrid fans learn to stop trashing the players who worked hard to make the team successful for players who hasn't played a single second for the club, respect the players and these things are nothing, instead trying to act like super expert will just spewing nothing but hot air and underrating the club and the players.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 21, 2022 6:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Dude... he's 23 and turns 24 on Dec 20.  It's a 2+1 contract (player option for 3rd year).  How in that mathematical mind of yours does this equate to Mbappe spending all of his prime years at PSG.  I really want to know.

I understand that you are a bit high from the announcement but do take some time to re-read my post.

I said there's a big chance Mbappe spends most of his prime years at PSG because a 26 year old Mbappe (possibly in his prime) would not want to take a paycut to join another team.

No club in the world would be able to compete with a state funded team with infinite resources. Even City or possibly Newcastle would have to comply to the regulations set by the PL. It's natural to assume he'll continue to remain at PSG.

Last edited by S on Sat May 21, 2022 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 6:01 pm

Casciavit wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Dude... he's 23 and turns 24 on Dec 20.  It's a 2+1 contract (player option for 3rd year).  How in that mathematical mind of yours does this equate to Mbappe spending all of his prime years at PSG.  I really want to know.

So who exactly is more likely to afford to give the highest-paid player in the world an even bigger salary? The oil clubs or Madrid? I think it's obvious.

Your assumption that him staying at PSG was entirely money-driven.  It wasn't entirely.

1-  Yes, the money is crazy.  But it also affords him the opportunity not to worry about money for his entire family ever with this 2-3 year contract.  In a way, this allows him to take less money next time if he chooses.
2-  Bigger thing is that he's from Paris, loves PSG... and actually would have 100% left if PSG had made CL finals or something like that.  He felt like he was going to leave the club on a failure.  He has a big ego but it's a competitive ego.  He couldn't accept that.  It was easier for him to leave last summer because PSG had made the semis.
3-  BUT, he wasn't going to stay at PSG unless the culture was set up so that they have a chance to compete for CL.  That meant changing the sporting director, manager and some of the players.  He wasn't going to stay if the club was set up for failure.
4-  Inner city youth clubs are going to get a hell of a lot of money out of this. This is a big deal.

He's a french player from Paris who gets to be the undisputed #1 idol in his home country while playing for a club that competes every year for CL.  What's wrong with that?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:03 pm

@Perucho21

Losing out on him does suck but technically, they are not wrong to point out that Vini and Rodrygo are here. I mean, we won La Liga and are in the CL final with the latter duo so there is genuinely hope.

But I am labelling it as salty positivity.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 21, 2022 6:04 pm

I hear mbappe is gonna kick out pocheshitno. Thats absolutely hilarious. I still don't know how that clown even got the psg job in the first place.

Normally I'd chastise player power abuse here but in this case mbappe would be wise to dispose of that loser. Definitely a smart move.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Perucho21 wrote:What really irks me is the reaction of our fanbase on Twitter and reddit. Like you would think they are talking some random scrub. Mbappe is a generational player, best of his generation and if not for Benz he'd be the best player in the world. Losing out on him sucks and our fans act like Rodrygo is better.

I can understand Haaland. We weren't going to sell benzema after a ballon dor season. Choice was pretty easy For Haaland. City need a striker now, we weren't desperate for one.

Idk where Perez goes from here. This is one big L to take. I personally don't think Vini and Rodrygo are going to the main guys at Madrid. They can be key supporting players but the not "the man" like Benz. Mbappe was closest to it

L for Madrid because they couldn't financially compete with a state owned club?

Go take a hike dude.

The figures reported are obscene. Madrid did the right thing by backing out.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:08 pm

Sports, his current contract would have afforded his family to live comfortably anyway. So would the contract he was going to get at Madrid however only a complete mad man would pass up 1 million a week. Absolute mad man and only a club like PSG would ever offer such a deal.

So not only I don't blame him for taking the deal, I think would have been more disappointed that he didn't. But everything else about helping out the poor or his love for Paris and PSG is all secondary, him and his people got the best deal possible and he took it. No harm in that imo.

Madrid would be fine, Mbappe is currently fine and PSG is, well, PSG I suppose.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 21, 2022 6:10 pm

So after missing out on Haaland and Mbappe who will Perez panic buy now?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 21, 2022 6:11 pm

^ I'm hoping Tchouameni for the time being, and maybe Bernardo Silva if he wants to leave City ( and that's a big IF).

Don't blame me, Cas has given me false hope.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 21, 2022 6:12 pm

S wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:What really irks me is the reaction of our fanbase on Twitter and reddit. Like you would think they are talking some random scrub. Mbappe is a generational player, best of his generation and if not for Benz he'd be the best player in the world. Losing out on him sucks and our fans act like Rodrygo is better.

L for Madrid because they couldn't financially compete with a state owned club?

Go take a hike dude.

The figures reported are obscene. Madrid did the right thing by backing out.

They aren't used to rejection. Every player they want they get. It's quite interesting to see the meltdown over Mbappe and Haaland both rejecting them. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 6:12 pm

Point I'm making Doc is that, yes, it was crazy money.  But Mbappe would have left that on the table if PSG didn't commit to changing the sporting project... that was non-negotiable.  In the end, PSG had to pay the money + revamp how they do business.

By agreeing to everything, they made it literally impossible for Mbappe to say "no".  It's a dream deal for him in every single possible way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So after missing out on Haaland and Mbappe who will Perez panic buy now?

Dembele I assume.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Sat May 21, 2022 6:15 pm

One more thing about can't expect another great season from benzema argument, last time benzema was supposedly they worst player of all time for the club according to the same posters as well, so I don't see where this confidence is coming from seems like hoping he doesn't have another season like this, this fake concern is funny to me don't remember this fake concern when he was wasting his prime years, as long as vini and rodygo continue to progress, another 30+ plus goals season is easily possible and the club can wait for the next big thing to wonder out of nowhere or maybe not and just someone decent that OK too, but it obvious the benzema haters are the most gutted by haaland and mbappe deal not going through now they have to fake being happy for benzema for couple more seasons and no new signing to use as a way to detract or trash him with, poor narratives lovers Sad. It's ok can still shit on kroos and casemiro to take out the frustration on.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 6:17 pm

The funny thing is that Madrid fans (not here that I've read) are accusing Mbappe of being a mercenary... when staying is the exact opposite of being a mercenary lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat May 21, 2022 6:22 pm

Not much to say here. It is what it is. Move on. Time to get Riyad Mahrez for the right wing position.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 21, 2022 6:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So after missing out on Haaland and Mbappe who will Perez panic buy now?

No panic buys, maybe a defender. But I think he'll shy away from the "wait to get super star talent on a free" strategy. Still a relatively deep squad, so I doubt there will be panic buys
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 21, 2022 6:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:The funny thing is that Madrid fans (not here that I've read) are accusing Mbappe of being a mercenary... when staying is the exact opposite of being a mercenary lol.

they're completely butthurt, you love to see it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:27 pm

How could he be a merc when he is staying at the club he is still under contract with?

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 21, 2022 6:38 pm

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 7 7wuXfar

La Liga in the mud, i was told Haaland was Barca-bound and Mbappe to Madrid was a done dealio, absolute scenes.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 21, 2022 6:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Your assumption that him staying at PSG was entirely money-driven.  It wasn't entirely.

1-  Yes, the money is crazy.  But it also affords him the opportunity not to worry about money for his entire family ever with this 2-3 year contract.  In a way, this allows him to take less money next time if he chooses.
2-  Bigger thing is that he's from Paris, loves PSG... and actually would have 100% left if PSG had made CL finals or something like that.  He felt like he was going to leave the club on a failure.  He has a big ego but it's a competitive ego.  He couldn't accept that.  It was easier for him to leave last summer because PSG had made the semis.
3-  BUT, he wasn't going to stay at PSG unless the culture was set up so that they have a chance to compete for CL.  That meant changing the sporting director, manager and some of the players.  He wasn't going to stay if the club was set up for failure.
4-  Inner city youth clubs are going to get a hell of a lot of money out of this.  This is a big deal.

He's a french player from Paris who gets to be the undisputed #1 idol in his home country while playing for a club that competes every year for CL.  What's wrong with that?

1- He wouldn't have to worry about his family even with the offer Madrid made. Madrid was giving him what a 100M sign-on fee and 50M a year? Hardly scraps. That still qualifies as 'generational wealth'.

2- I think failure to win CL and feeling like he owes it to Paris could be a contributing factor, I just don't think it was a bigger contributing factor than money. I also don't think winning the CL for PSG would be bigger for his legacy than winning multiple with Madrid. It isn't Maradona 86. It would be viewed the same way if City wins it. They spent billions until they finally won it. People would discredit him about it. To the local fans, they wouldn't care, but to others, I think winning multiple CL's with Madrid would be way better for his legacy.

3- I agree that being promised there would be backroom changes was important to him. I just don't think it takes one year to change that culture. It can take multiple. What if the replacements aren't up to par either? What does Mbappe know that would make him a benefit when it comes to sporting decisions? Most players are retarded when it comes to that stuff anyway. If Mbappe is staying for 2 years it's because he wants to win something with PSG now and that means with Messi and Neymar. How can he not see they won't win the CL when 2/3 are past it and they are all lazy defensively?

4- There was probably political stuff involved. I mean I couldn't imagine him leaving before the 2022 WC anyways. I'm sure when Qatar got the WC it would've been their dream to have MNM market it for them. Excluding Ronaldo, those are 3/4 of the most marketable players in the world. So they'd offer Mbappe every little thing he wants to stay.

Ultimately, you're right it doesn't come down just to money. There is more to it. I see it as them giving him an offer that says he's bigger than the club. That means making him the highest-paid player in the world, that means giving him influence in sporting decisions, and that means building everything around him. Combine that with PSG being his hometown club and country then it becomes very hard to turn down.

Madrid wasn't going to do any of that.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 6:51 pm

I can't express enough the "god-like" figure he'd become in Paris if he brings the CL trophy... the 1st one in their history. That may not register for people outside of France and Paris; but you become immortal.

Similar to the CL that Marseille won. The players, managers, owner of that team are forever immortal in that town.

Hard to explain.

He's already won the world cup. Favorites to win a 2nd one this coming year. Going for CL. Not to mention CR's record for goalscoring in CL is 135. Mbappe is already at 33. To put that in perspective... He's only 16 away from being top 10. I think both he and Haaland break CR's record in the next 10-15 years.

His legacy is set if he continues on this trajectory regardless if he stays or leaves PSG. The trophies and stats will speak for themselves.

I doubt Mbappe ever goes to Madrid at this point. I think his next destination is EPL in 2-3 years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat May 21, 2022 7:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:I can't express enough the "god-like" figure he'd become in Paris if he brings the CL trophy... the 1st one in their history. That may not register for people outside of France and Paris; but you become immortal.

Similar to the CL that Marseille won. The players, managers, owner of that team are forever immortal in that town.

Hard to explain.

He's already won the world cup. Favorites to win a 2nd one this coming year. Going for CL. Not to mention CR's record for goalscoring in CL is 135. Mbappe is already at 33. To put that in perspective... He's only 16 away from being top 10. I think both he and Haaland break CR's record in the next 10-15 years.

His legacy is set if he continues on this trajectory regardless if he stays or leaves PSG. The trophies and stats will speak for themselves.

I doubt Mbappe ever goes to Madrid at this point. I think his next destination is EPL in 2-3 years.

They should be breaking it with the implementation of the new format.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next