BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 16 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by rincon Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:54 pm

The qualifiers in Europe are easier than in South America. Mbappe is simply wrong about that.

We, Italy, didn't drop out of the world cup because UEFA qualifiers are tough. We dropped out after failing to beat Northen Ireland of all teams, failling to beat Switzerland and missing 3 penalties in a row in those matches. Then not scoring against North Macedonia.

North Ireland and Macedonia would be dead last in CONMEBOL, Switzerland would have also not qualified most likely.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 16 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by jibers Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:08 am

sportsczy wrote:Mbappe is unselfish on the pitch. Frankly, MNM are fantastic on the attack. Really combine well. The issue is defensively.

Also, Mbappe showed up for training at PSG already today. He has some Kobe Bryant in him.

You've got to be shitting me.... :facepalm:

This forum still finds a way to shock me everytime

Really Sports...?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Amazing the number of fans who still arent aware of Mbappe's insane overall abilities as a footballer, its either these fans dont watch enough of Mbappes games, too young, or just not developed enough to see what he does overall?

Hes a complete football who can do everything, n will dominate the next football era, winning a number of Ballon D'ors...

Reminds me a bit of De Bruyne when he joined Man C n EPL fans were saying he was over priced n overrated, etc., in actual fact he had already shown in German league n NT just how complete n elite footballer he was.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:31 pm

Mbappe scored the most goals of any player in official competitions (club and NT) in calendar year 2022:

Mbappe - 56 goals
Haaland - 46 goals
Lewandowski - 42 goals

Just looking at club only:

Mbappe - 44 goals
Lewandowski - 38 goals
Nkunku - 37 goals
Haaland - 36 goals
Benzema - 31 goals
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:55 pm

french league is pathetic so nobody gives a shit except mbappe fanboys
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:23 pm

Yeah ok.  That's retarded because Messi can barely score in Ligue 1 because of how it's played and refereed (which I don't like btw).  Anyhow...how about this.

Mbappe has the 2nd most goals in CL in calendar year 2022 with 8 (Benzema had 10)
Mbappe obviously had the most goals in World Cup as we all know with 8

So if we look at the two biggest continental and international competitions... Mbappe leads everything by a large margin frankly. I think he has 16 and the next closest is actually still Benzema with 10.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:41 pm

I thought they were changing from calendar year to futbol season, Sep to Aug?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I thought they were changing from calendar year to futbol season, Sep to Aug?

I'm just using calendar since it's new year's day. Not talking about BdO or anything like that.

Although he is sitting pretty well for the season too at 28 goals in 27 games, including 7 in CL and 8 in WC.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:35 pm

That would be ignoring the 50, Haaland will get in EPL and CL!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah ok.  That's retarded because Messi can barely score in Ligue 1 because of how it's played and refereed (which I don't like btw).  Anyhow...how about this.

Mbappe has the 2nd most goals in CL in calendar year 2022 with 8 (Benzema had 10)
Mbappe obviously had the most goals in World Cup as we all know with 8

So if we look at the two biggest continental and international competitions... Mbappe leads everything by a large margin frankly. I think he has 16 and the next closest is actually still Benzema with 10.

next closest Messi with 11, no?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:02 pm

PSG 1-3 Lens, not that it matters much... but players like Danilo are a real liability when on the ball. Looks like still Verratti/Vitinha should be the starters deep simply they dont lose the ball like the rate of the scrubs like Ruiz Razz Ramos is a brainfart always waiting to happen just like Donnarumma lol...

PSG still pretty loaded this yr though. Will be such a team when everyone's back. Hakimi looks just as comfortable LB as RB, top player.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:39 pm

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 16 Cf320410

Jesus, lol. He may not be popular with a lot of Real Madrid fans these days, but I imagine he’ll be able to rack up a stupid amount of goals by staying at PSG/Ligue 1.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:50 am

5 goals against Pays de Cassel. Major props for that

Most provincial club name i've ever seen
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:34 am

Every club in Europe plays tier 2 and 3 teams in cup play.

And let's not forget he has 7 goals in 6 CL games this season... and he's 4 goals away from equalling Klose's world cup record in many fewer games. In comparison too, R9 has 15 goals in 19 WC games while Mbappe has 12 in 14.

He's destroying the WC record. In CL, he has 40 goals so far. My guess is that he'll only be behind Messi and CR when it's all done. That said, he may challenge those numbers too. It depends where he plays.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:29 am

sportsczy wrote:Every club in Europe plays tier 2 and 3 teams in cup play.
Pays de Cassel is a 6th tier club.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:53 pm

Harmonica wrote:

Yeah in cdr we play tier 3 at most but tier 6 sounds like proper amateur league.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:31 pm

He played with next to no pressure in the game so he basically could do anything he wanted. His all round game is just insane though as this was highlighted, pleasure to watch this man play Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:33 pm

Harmonica wrote:

They beat level 3 and 2 to get to this point. It gets very blurry in France once you're past L2.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's 4th. "National 2" league is 4th level in France. It goes L1, L2, National and then National 2.

I think you're mistaken since this team plays in "Regional" and not "National" and wikipedia claims this is 6th tier while National is indeed 4th tier

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:29 pm

Yeah, I noticed that.  I assumed they were ranked higher, given who they beat to get to this round.  

As I mentioned, France leagues get pretty even once you pass the pro levels (L1, L2, and National).  You can't have a youth academy unless your club has a presence at those top 3 levels.

My point is...  not a great feat by Mbappe; but also not an easy one either.  Typically facing shit and small pitches, park-the-bus tactics, and very unfavorable refereeing.  I was surprised PSG left the big stars in there once it was 3-0, frankly.

It was literally a practice game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:33 pm

This should make you all chuckle... the TV commentators when Mbappe scored his 3rd goal:

"After getting a hat trick in the world cup final, he gets another one here"

Really!? You're going to compare those two!!!! lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:41 pm

Since you open this door

Mbappé's world cup final is overrated, invisible most of the match and 2 penalties. Only the second goal is really noteworthy. Of course history won't remember that
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:59 pm

That final actually showed that Mbappe doesn't need a perfect scenario to be effective.  He just needs opportunities.  His team (and Argentina) literally gave him zero opportunities until the 75 min mark.  But as soon as the door opened even slightly, he took the chances... lethally.  Besides the 3 goals, he created huge chances for others too.

Also, scoring 3 PKs against a keeper of that caliber in the same game in a world cup final is insane.  

Most guys fade under adverse circumstances.  He just lurks.  Mbappe has the mentality of some of the best poachers (always ready) while having much great skill and impact.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 24, 2023 12:05 am

According to L'Equipe, Mbappe has declined to exercise his option to extend the contract past 2024.   So he's a free player come summer of 2024 and can sign with any team this coming January.

This time, it's very very clear that he's not staying at PSG.  There is no world cup and internal pressure. Let the sweepstakes begin.

My money is on either Liverpool or Manchester United, assuming the new owners are set, the two managers stay in place AND the projects are super ambitious obviously.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 24, 2023 3:20 am

Or it is going to be Madrid and Hala is gonna have to accept and move on.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Man U would be another epic addition to the Manchester rival... I think it would elevate the teams n league a bit like Messi v CR all these years... wouldnt mind that at all come to think of it, better than letting Real get him Razz Liverpool would be great too since I dont want Man U to get him n they would also finally be able to replace Mane for real Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next