Blue
FennecFox7
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
farfan
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated - Page 2 Empty Re: Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:59 am

futbol_bill wrote:There is a reason la liga has been the highest ranked league for years now. It’s not solely based on RMad and Barca, it’s because of the consistency of Europe results, which is teams in 3 - 7 positions (and teams in those positions regularly change). In other words, beyond the top 2 or 3, there is a lot of competition and those teams do exceptionally well in Europe competitions and those teams are just as good as anything in EPL, again beyond the top 2 or 3.

If the GL theme had been the decline of RMad, Barca and Atleti, I would have agreed with it! There is no doubt, all three have had issues this year and the talent level is not top of class right now. However, all three have made improvements since September, especially Barca. I’m expecting RMad to get back to that top level, this summer while Barca with it’s dire finances will take another year at least, but they are already showing they can be competitive even with the handicap. As to Atleti, they never have been a consistent top club, just one of the positions 3-7.

So as to this current CL, I agree completely with you that it will likely be a City - Pool final. But I would never discount RMad in a CL semi nor final. No other club can come anywhere close to their track record. Besides we have already exceeded expectations.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated - Page 2 Empty Re: Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated

Post by Cruijf Sun May 29, 2022 11:13 am

La Liga once again showing that it is the best league in the world. I don’t want to hear anymore nonsense about the PL when Real played each of the PL top 3 and beat every single one.

Two stats to show just how dominant the GOAT league has been in the modern era:

Since 2001, Spanish sides have faced non-Spanish sides 17 times in European finals. Spanish sides won all 17.

Since 2014, the Champions League and Europa League have been won by LaLiga teams 12 times in total and won by non-Spanish teams just 6 times. No other league comes close.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 29, 2022 7:13 pm

I haven't watched all of RM's league matches this season, but I can't tell that we've played all that well considering our historical standards. And yet, we ended the league with a PSG- like point lead over everyone else in the league. In very recent seasons, I think it's fair to say that La Liga as a whole hasn't held a very high standard Razz

Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated - Page 2 Skjerm43
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2022 7:59 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 31, 2022 3:27 am

Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated - Page 2 Cp7rnhdonl291
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 31, 2022 3:29 am

Complete domination
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue May 31, 2022 3:50 am

Myesyats wrote:Reports of La Liga's Death were Greatly Exaggerated - Page 2 Cp7rnhdonl291

LOL 1 is truly embarrassing rofl
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 31, 2022 5:20 am

So if anyone was wondering (like me), Holland's solitary win came from the UEFA Cup final in 2002 between Feyenoord and Dortmund (3-2 final score).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue May 31, 2022 5:34 am

Doc wrote:So if anyone was wondering (like me), Holland's solitary win came from the UEFA Cup final in 2002 between Feyenoord and Dortmund (3-2 final score).

Yep, the Van Persie era.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 31, 2022 5:52 am

farfan wrote:
Doc wrote:So if anyone was wondering (like me), Holland's solitary win came from the UEFA Cup final in 2002 between Feyenoord and Dortmund (3-2 final score).

Yep, the Van Persie era.

you guys bring back memoires. little correction farfan it was the van hooidonk era. that would be like calling what we just did the vinicius or rodrygo season instead of the benzema season. van hooijdonk lol, you know what, for the youngsters or those unfamiliar with dutch football and its history, go check out some of van hooijdonk's master pieces on youtube. he scored a beauty against us in the following super cup too. but guti carlos figo was having none of that (little trivia that was the game where it was rumored raul had a morientes shirt under his jersey cos of flo and valdano looking to ship him off)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue May 31, 2022 5:59 am

Tbf I wasn't following Dutch football or even the UEFA cup that closely. The only reason I remember Van Persie being there was that he featured in a mini-documentary on French TV about Feynoord's run Laughing That was before their semi-final game against Inter. There was a lot of hype about that game because it was Ronaldo's long awaited return after his injury.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 31, 2022 6:12 am

titosantill wrote:
farfan wrote:

Yep, the Van Persie era.

you guys bring back memoires. little correction farfan it was the van hooidonk era. that would be like calling what we just did the vinicius or rodrygo season instead of the benzema season. van hooijdonk lol, you know what, for the youngsters or those unfamiliar with dutch football and its history, go check out some of van hooijdonk's master pieces on youtube. he scored a beauty against us in the following super cup too. but guti carlos figo was having none of that (little trivia that was the game where it was rumored raul had a morientes shirt under his jersey cos of flo and valdano looking to ship him off)

Jon Dhal Tommason was there as well, it was not all Van Hooijdonk (mostly Hooijdonk though).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:29 am

La Liga teams have now won 18 finals in a row against non-Spanish opponents.

Best league itw. Massive.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:52 am

Cafu said it perfectly.

He was talking about Brazillians, but his point remains. These players go to EPL for ridiculous sums and get convinced by pundits they are the best in the world and then when finals and World Cups and Euros come they get disappointed, as opposed to La Liga, where players actually get to finals and win.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:59 am

The problem with Brazil is the coaching and not the supposedly conceited EPL players.

The moment their coach decided to start with a single proper midfielder just so that he could shoehorn all his attacking stars in the lineup, you realized the team was destined for failure.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2