Lucifer
Mamad
El Gunner
BarcaLearning
Firenze
52 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: 2021/2022 Premier League Discussion

Post by Harmonica Sun May 08, 2022 4:09 pm

West Ham needs two wins to boot Yanited out of Europe.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: 2021/2022 Premier League Discussion

Post by El Gunner Sun May 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Arsenal forever living on the edge
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Harmonica wrote:West Ham needs two wins to boot Yanited out of Europe.

we wanna see Cronaldo taking his talents to the prestigious Conference League
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 08, 2022 4:26 pm

So 3 games left and we have a 4 point gap. Thankfully Everton won so they are out of the relegation zone

We have Spurs away, newcastle away and everton home. if we beat spurs then the last 2 games are irrelevant. But i can't see that happening.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 08, 2022 4:34 pm

let's smash 'em imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 08, 2022 9:45 pm

S wrote:Pep is a clown and gets bashed for bottling a CL semi-final but Klopp should get a pass for bottling an important game in the league?

Newsflash: people hate pep and are biased against him. Anyone trying to bring some reason into the conversation will get called a peptard and /thread.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun May 08, 2022 10:20 pm

S wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
S wrote:Pool bottling the league

As I said, season will mean nothing if they don't win the CL or PL

Also tired of English pundits wanking over all that talk about winning the quadruple. At least will shut them up for a good while.

Nah, its a great season by Liverpool even if they don't win anything.

Tired of this trend where a season is only defined by trophies. Shit only started in 2010 when Barca made Doubles and Trebles ordinary and teams like Juve, Bayern, and City outspent their competition to win everything easily.

Hopefully, we return back to a time when winning 3-5 major trophies in a decade is a big achievement.

Why not? It's a great season for Pool fans sure but this Pool team is being heralded as one of the greatest sides ever in PL era by pundits and fans alike. What better metric to decide this based on the trophies they could potentially win?

Leverkusen were inches away from a CL and BL double in 2002 but how many people actually remember them having a 'great season' apart from Leverkusen fans?

How long are Liverpool going to hold on to their underdog status? They're beyond that now. They're an elite club that's expected to win trophies every year. The stakes are higher and with that comes the expectations.

This is a club which also spends a shitload of money just like every other team in the PL and they also signed a shirt sponsorship deal worth nearly 100M a season recently. Please don't give me that shit about funds.

Pep is a clown and gets bashed for bottling a CL semi-final but Klopp should get a pass for bottling an important game in the league?

After getting so far, finishing the season with Carabao or FA Cup would definitely be a disappointment. Kudos to Klopp if he does manage to win PL or CL though.

It's that bulls hit about an "elite club" being "expected" to win trophies every year, as of they were playing I'm vacuum. This trend of trams sweeping trophies only started last decade.

This Liverpoo team deserves all plaudits its way, and will only miss trophies because of the other elite teams around it.

Hopefully this trend continues, and we don't have another situation where one club dominates "expectedly" for years.

Same reason why it's ridiculous to call Pep a flop when coaches like Carlo have arguably lost even more winnable matches in their career.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 09, 2022 11:45 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
S wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Nah, its a great season by Liverpool even if they don't win anything.

Tired of this trend where a season is only defined by trophies. Shit only started in 2010 when Barca made Doubles and Trebles ordinary and teams like Juve, Bayern, and City outspent their competition to win everything easily.

Hopefully, we return back to a time when winning 3-5 major trophies in a decade is a big achievement.

Why not? It's a great season for Pool fans sure but this Pool team is being heralded as one of the greatest sides ever in PL era by pundits and fans alike. What better metric to decide this based on the trophies they could potentially win?

Leverkusen were inches away from a CL and BL double in 2002 but how many people actually remember them having a 'great season' apart from Leverkusen fans?

How long are Liverpool going to hold on to their underdog status? They're beyond that now. They're an elite club that's expected to win trophies every year. The stakes are higher and with that comes the expectations.

This is a club which also spends a shitload of money just like every other team in the PL and they also signed a shirt sponsorship deal worth nearly 100M a season recently. Please don't give me that shit about funds.

Pep is a clown and gets bashed for bottling a CL semi-final but Klopp should get a pass for bottling an important game in the league?

After getting so far, finishing the season with Carabao or FA Cup would definitely be a disappointment. Kudos to Klopp if he does manage to win PL or CL though.

It's that bulls hit about an "elite club" being "expected" to win trophies every year, as of they were playing I'm vacuum. This trend of trams sweeping trophies only started last decade.

This Liverpoo team deserves all plaudits its way, and will only miss trophies because of the other elite teams around it.

Hopefully this trend continues, and we don't have another situation where one club dominates "expectedly" for years.

Same reason why it's ridiculous to call Pep a flop when coaches like Carlo have arguably lost even more winnable matches in their career.

It's not a bullshit trend. It's what's happened throughout football history.

During the peak of United and Arsenal's rivalry in PL, Arsenal won the league 3 times while United won 4 times.

Forgive me If I expect more from one of 'the greatest teams in PL history' to win something more than Carabao or FA Cups.

As for City outspending everyone, in the last 4 years(the start of the rise of Pool as a title contender), City have had a net spend of €248M while Liverpool have had a netspend of €223M.

Wage bills of both clubs is in the excess of 300M

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/premier-league/2022/03/06/622504ab22601d94458b458e.html

This bullshit about funds is overstated and overrated. If thats the case, United(club with highest net spend in the last 10 yrs) should be winning the PL every year and Barca should be winning the treble every year.

I cringe when I see Pool fanboys crying about 'funds' when they have as big a budget than anyone outside of
the oil teams and United. Even Barca these days doesn't have the spending power of Pool.

Credit to Pep for making the premier league look like the Bundesliga but in reality, most top clubs in this league have sufficient spending power so much so that it comes down to how wisely you spend them. Pool and City have managed to do that better any PL club so kudos to them.

I refuse to look at Pool from the underdog lenses anymore. They're a big club and now have the financial means to remain at the top.

I stand by my opinion. As a neutral, if Pool end the season with Carabao cup or FA Cup, it would be seen as a disappointment for sure.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 10, 2022 1:01 am

Surag man what an absolute clown, worse than Hans and EG calling Liverpool's cycle to be over last year.

This man was calling Klopp's decline "visionary" barely 6 months ago on the Klopp decline thread, something for everyone to see, not just this guy but a lot of kneejerk merchants and now this man has kicked the bucket and kneejerked in the opposite side to calling us out like prime Baggio's side who only won 1 serie ZZ. Shut up lol atleast be consistent across the seasons
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 10, 2022 7:28 pm

Haven't watched Liverpool in quite some time now. I may tune in tonight.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 10, 2022 9:24 pm

Pool is not having the best of nights but they look the closest to score between the two sides.

They have so much quality, both in the starting lineup and on the bench, and this Diaz dude is scary.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 pm

And there you go, Mané scores with an assist from the Diaz dude (I don't like him one bit).
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 10, 2022 9:37 pm

Alright, I have seen enough. Liverpool is a great side with so much quality. They will definitely come out all guns blazing against us.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue May 10, 2022 10:29 pm

S wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
S wrote:

It's not a bullshit trend. It's what's happened throughout football history.

During the peak of United and Arsenal's rivalry in PL, Arsenal won the league 3 times while United won 4 times.

Forgive me If I expect more from one of 'the greatest teams in PL history' to win something more than Carabao or FA Cups.

As for City outspending everyone, in the last 4 years(the start of the rise of Pool as a title contender), City have had a net spend of €248M while Liverpool have had a netspend of €223M.

Wage bills of both clubs is in the excess of 300M

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/premier-league/2022/03/06/622504ab22601d94458b458e.html

This bullshit about funds is overstated and overrated. If thats the case, United(club with highest net spend in the last 10 yrs) should be winning the PL every year and Barca should be winning the treble every year.

I cringe when I see Pool fanboys crying about 'funds' when they have as big a budget than anyone outside of
the oil teams and United. Even Barca these days doesn't have the spending power of Pool.

Credit to Pep for making the premier league look like the Bundesliga but in reality, most top clubs in this league have sufficient spending power so much so that it comes down to how wisely you spend them. Pool and City have managed to do that better any PL club so kudos to them.

I refuse to look at Pool from the underdog lenses anymore. They're a big club and now have the financial means to remain at the top.

I stand by my opinion. As a neutral, if Pool end the season with Carabao cup or FA Cup, it would be seen as a disappointment for sure.

The trend in football, in all competitive leagues, is for one team to dominate while another team or team competes with them for the title.

During the start of the successful Ferguson years, it was United against New Castle (a team that didn't win any trophy and still is remembered as one of the best teams of the PL era), then Wenger's prime Arsenal (who won only three PL and three FA and reached one CL final) from 1996 to 2006, then with Abramovitch's Chelsea. All of those teams that were second best to United were, and are still considered excellent teams despite not winning many trophies compared to their main competitor.

That's the case between City (the favorites) vs. Liverpool (the challenger). It's ridiculous to discount the achievements of Liverpool for losing leagues by a few points while consistently performing at a high level. Not to mention the fact that the PL also has other good and great teams during all of that time.

Just as ridiculous as calling Pep a flop/fraud because he is not winning the CL.

Note that I didn't mention anything in my comments about Liverpool's spending or wages, which are high enough to compete with City (but still not up to their level). City has been building for this stage before Pep came in, and they are clear favorites by a nose.

These kinds of bullshit opinions are expected by freaking armchair pundits and coaches who have no ounce of understanding or appreciation of the game,
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 11, 2022 10:01 pm

Sterling is so annoying, damn. Keeps squandering the easiest of chances.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 12, 2022 10:46 am

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 12, 2022 12:09 pm

I noticed his tone has changed recently. He used to be a lot more humble (or at least he used to do a pretty good job hiding his arrogance). Now, it's blatant and ugly.

He's one of the best in the world no doubt though.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 12, 2022 12:13 pm

He's been piping up in the media recently despite being shit since AFCON Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 12, 2022 12:19 pm

I wonder why? He's currently negotiating a new contract with Pool, isn't he? Maybe this ego strokefest is a negotiating technique of his to get a huge raise Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 12, 2022 12:23 pm

It's either for contract negotiations or it could be Ballon d'or propaganda if he thinks he has a good chance of winning it if Liverpool win the CL.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 12, 2022 8:26 pm

Words can't describe what a horrible 30 minutes Rob Holding dared to deliver in this game. What a dumb, dumb fuck.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 12, 2022 8:29 pm

In every single game I've watched of Arsenal this season, they ended up shooting themselves in the foot with an unnecessary penalty or/and a dumb red card. Weird.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 12, 2022 8:39 pm

more like the refs can't wait to fuck us over for mild calls
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 pm

El Gunner wrote:more like the refs can't wait to fuck us over for mild calls

Holding was non stop full on ramming, fouling, pulling, kicking, wrestling Son for 30 minutes. What an embarrassing showing, what an absolute moron. Out of control, why doesn't Arteta reign him in.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 pm

Anyone fan of Son's? Havent watched him that closely but obviously know hes kept improving n been Spurs best few players for a long time now, but hows that possible that I always thought Asian players are mostly about technique n speed considering just physically limited comparatively, which he is, but manage to get someone bigger than him to man handle him n elbow him etc. in order to stop him as well nowadays Very Happy

This guy is unbelievable from the pov that theres never been an Asian player that has ever come close to what hes done in the top league n club in the world?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 12, 2022 8:59 pm

he's a little fucking cheat
Park Ji-sung >>>>
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next