Warrior
titosantill
Lord Awesome
sportsczy
10 posters

Go down

PSG transfers 2021 Empty PSG transfers 2021

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:20 pm

Georginio Wijnaldum, Achraf Hakimi, Sergio Ramos and Gianluigi Donnarumma.  Pogba on his way for around 60 mil per rumors.  Camavinga on loan with option to buy (next summer; which will be triggered) per rumors also.

The crazy part is that they've only spent a net 65 mil euros so far.  All except Hakimi were free transfers.  Pogba will add another 60 and that's it.

Herrera, Gueye, Rafinha, Kurzawa and Icardi are on the market or sale. So the actual net after ALL these transfers could be near break-even (they expect at least 120 mil for these 5 total, which isn't crazy at all).  That's ridiculous.

Also, last summer, they only spent a net 54 mil euros.  

So FFP is not even a concern.

They're trying to works a swap with Juve to send Icardi and some of the others for CR too lol per another rumor. I think that's pure fantasy... but heck, it's a crazy time. Juve could use the players, they have no money right now and CR gets paid a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

PSG transfers 2021 Empty Re: PSG transfers 2021

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Donarruma/Navas
Hakimi - Marquinhos - Ramos - Kimpembe/Diallo/Bernat
Pogba - Verratti - Wijnaldum
Di Maria - Mbappe - Neymar

Imagine you throw CR in there lol.  Di Maria off the bench?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:30 am

Just having Pogba and Veratti run the midfield alone will be good for MBappe. Lots of creativity for PSG if he comes in.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:50 am

if they sign pogba dreams of mbappe to madrid can go out the window. you'll have a relatively younger midfield compared to ours, you're sure of your attacking partners- hazard and bale aren't guaranteed as far as fitness; rodrygo and vinicius have potential, but someone like mbappe wants output now not potential. asensio will be 26 and has never been on the level of di maria or close to it even, let alone neymar, and benzema is 34 yrs next season. unless its madrid or nothing for him, like it was for cristiano when he joined us (whether we signed players not cristiano just wanted madrd), it would be wise for mbappe to really consider psg's offer....

they're offering you loads of money, and a current project, so u're not in fear of the team rebuilding key cogs, only di maria and ramos are over 30 in the starting line up. neymar i think turns 30 this year....and they've shown they have no problems getting replacements ready to win now, should age catch up. i see him extending. even as a madrid fan, it sounds like the most logical thing to do

sigh, i think we missed the opportunity to get him when he was at monaco
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:57 am

What happened at Monaco is that he wanted a guarantee that he would be a regular... and we had CR/Bale/Benzema at the time. CR left one season later.

He didn't see how he would play over BBC, and I don't blame him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:00 am

Lord Awesome wrote:Just having Pogba and Veratti run the midfield alone will be good for MBappe. Lots of creativity for PSG if he comes in.

The weakness of PSG these past seasons was, frankly, putrid creativity in the midfield to go along with putrid fullbacks. With Verratti constantly injured, Neymar was forced to play a AM role and he just wants to dribble and play with the ball too much for that.

You've replaced Paredes, Gueye, Florenzi, Kimpembe and Bernat.... with Pogba, Wijnaldum, Hakimi, Ramos and Kimbembe is now a left-back (maybe).

That is literally taking care of every single one of your problems... and you have depth at every position.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:43 am

For all the shit i give them i must admit it's an impressive mercato, especially if they sign Pogba

There was rumors that we extend Ronaldo one more year to spread his salary, now it seems the club is not down and we'll just let the contract finish. Romano (journalist) said that despite CR7 future being openly "uncertain" this summer Juve did not receive a single offer... so Icardi + cash would be most welcome... but what if PSG cannot loan Kean ? they keep Icardi then

The big problem is that Serie A starts in 3 weeks and we've not made one transfer yet. In or out. The first domino Locatelli's transfer is bugging over a few millions that's how complicated things are. We have new management and coach. Ronaldo is not the kind of transfer you do last minute.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:47 am

sportsczy wrote:
Lord Awesome wrote:Just having Pogba and Veratti run the midfield alone will be good for MBappe. Lots of creativity for PSG if he comes in.

The weakness of PSG these past seasons was, frankly, putrid creativity in the midfield to go along with putrid fullbacks. With Verratti constantly injured, Neymar was forced to play a AM role and he just wants to dribble and play with the ball too much for that.

You've replaced Paredes, Gueye, Florenzi, Kimpembe and Bernat.... with Pogba, Wijnaldum, Hakimi, Ramos and Kimbembe is now a left-back (maybe).

That is literally taking care of every single one of your problems... and you have depth at every position.

Yeah, Ramos presence is also gonna boost their Defense. Marquinhos needed someone at his level more or less next to him. Now they have 2 CB's with high scoring ability.

It's gonna be difficult to stop em in Ligue 1 again. Monaco, Marsielle, and Lyon almost gonna be the same though I do believe Marseille will have a better season this time in contrast to the last one.

Paris are CL bound once again if they land Pogba. It's gonna be an insane team.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:01 pm

They have certainly become the Galacticos club, and at this point, I don't know why would Mbappé, or any other player for that matter, choose Madrid over them. The difference between the two clubs in terms of ambition and spending power is like night and day. This is why I have always thought that the rumors linking Mbappé to us is pure BS, cooked mainly by Marca, to try and make fans falsely believe that Madrid is somehow still relevant.

I still think that PSG lacks experience in Europe and it will probably take them a few years before they win the CL, but at this point, it's just a matter of time.

One thing for sure though, PSG and City will become the new Madrid-Barça in Europe if they continue to get the best players out there. The only two other clubs I can see capable of challenging them is Bayern (because they are extremely well-run) and United (because their financial muscle is only second to those two), provided they get a better manager than Ole of course.

Spanish clubs can just sit on the sidelines with popcorns and enjoy the magic of Florentino's glorious €45m kids and grandpa Messi.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Maybe now Poch will actually manage to win Ligue 1 Uber Eats

then noone could say he doesn't win trophies
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:08 pm

@demon, for the record, we are very well run ourselves. i wouldnt say we are financially irresponsible, very far from it. Yes we've spent big money on some assets that havent panned out and maybe we could have used that somewhere else, we can definitely make that argument. but with the market, pandemic, and stadium, risk taking is not on the plate.

bayern's advantage is they can just pillage bundesliga sides....Real can do that but there's no trust in la liga's talent pool (rightly so), and some la liga sides (even though they will never publicly admit it) would rather sell to barca. not to mention, la liga is now serious about the salary cap, especially since covid (and they've done a poor job at marketing the league outside of el clasico, but that's another story). the chances we had to spend was a couple years ago, now we play the waiting game.....i dont like it myself, but i disagree vehemently with what i perceive to be your premise that we aren't well run
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:12 pm

Yup, great mercato for the quarter final exit in the CL.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:48 am

Gini is the best signing of the lot. He alone will make everything tick in that team. He is a monster in terms of fitness, during the course of the game and then the whole season.
He was so underrated by some of the dumb Liverpool fans. He might even start scoring goals now and get more appreciation from other fans as well.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:08 pm

Please. take. Pogba

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Glory wrote:Please. take. Pogba

And replace him with who, Rice? Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am

Kaladin wrote:

a dream come true for lots of ManUtd fans cheers

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:22 am

Kaladin wrote:

Would rather just get rid of the cnut and think about replacing him later. If no one else, atleast there is a highly rated youth player who can easily replace a 'squad player' like Pogba.
Just want him and his entourage gone this window. At this point, any money would do rather than 1 more year of his and his fat agent's shenanigans and yet another embarrassment of a free transfer. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down