The Official Rap Thread part 1

+36
Jeps33178
Gil
Yeezus
RealGunner
lenear1030
izzy
Albiceleste
Zealous
Seppuku
DeviAngel
uzonero
MJ
urbaNRoots
Loshijosdequien
B-Mac
EarlyPrototype
goonbrain
El Gunner
Grande_Milano
Catracho
Amar
LeSwagg James
Magricos
shaven
guest7
justdoit_
adnyana179
JAY-Z
dmize
Chad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Chad wrote:
Compton State Of Mind....jigga man plzzzzz. The West Side is the Best Side…

I remember this was one of the first tracks I heard from him (not a bad way to earn some hype). As I said earlier, his mixtapes around that 09/10 period were a sure sign he would blow up. No wonder he was crowned the new "King of the West Coast".



I noticed some disputes about Jay Rock in the comments. I'm a huge fan of his, but Kendrick Lamar is clearly the better of the two.

adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:26 pm






dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 pm

dont listen to anything new

Rap died with 2pac
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89386
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:dont listen to anything new

Rap died with 2pac

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 10431_Notorious-B.-I.-G.

Very Happy

I dont listen to anything new either its the 80s and 90s for me plus some of the early 00's



On another note......

Dmize :bow: Outkast :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68928
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Yeezus Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:57 pm



OH YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 2238
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:59 pm

ali8775 wrote:

Pusha must be one the most under-rated of all time.

Under-rated of all time? I wouldn't go that far, but he's silenced those who said he can only deliver with his brother.

Ric Flair's intro for this track gets me everytime.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:08 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
RealGunner wrote:dont listen to anything new

Rap died with 2pac

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 10431_Notorious-B.-I.-G.

Very Happy

I dont listen to anything new either its the 80s and 90s for me plus some of the early 00's



On another note......

Dmize :bow: Outkast :bow:



dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 am

Illadelph Halflife is such an ill album, it's up there as one of the best group albums ever imo



dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 am

dmize wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
RealGunner wrote:dont listen to anything new

Rap died with 2pac

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 10431_Notorious-B.-I.-G.

Very Happy

I dont listen to anything new either its the 80s and 90s for me plus some of the early 00's



On another note......

Dmize :bow: Outkast :bow:




You heard about Black Star 2012?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:25 am

adnyana179 wrote:
You heard about Black Star 2012?

Iam listening Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68928
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:29 am

dmize wrote:Illadelph Halflife is such an ill album, it's up there as one of the best group albums ever imo




Not only their best album, but indeed one of the best in the genre. When you read closed-minded views on hip hop music, it's a perfect response.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 am

adnyana179 wrote:
dmize wrote:Illadelph Halflife is such an ill album, it's up there as one of the best group albums ever imo




Not only their best album, but indeed one of the best in the genre. When you read closed-minded views on hip hop music, it's a perfect response.


No doubt, definitely a classic album.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
You heard about Black Star 2012?

Iam listening Very Happy

Talib came out recently and said a reunion album is in the plans for next year. I'd like to see Mos Def speak on it too, which would give me more confidence as a fan.

In typical fashion, opinion is mixed:

"kweli has been pushing for a blackstar reunion forever. mos is only doing it now cuz his solo albums suck and flop, and his acting career dried up big time. he needs a foot back in, desperate kweli is ready to latch on and ride mos back into the light. both kweli and mos get billed as "real hip hop" but the both of them are proven sellouts that would take a check over anything else. how kweli still has a career is beyond me. who listens to this cat? really? who can't wait for a kweli album to drop? his catalog sucks."

"THANK YOU! Blackstar was one of the best hip-hop albums of all time. Please give us a break from all the drake wayne and swag kids"



adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by zizzle Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 am

these days im almost not listening to anything except Rakim's latest album the 7th seal. Anyone got an opinion on that one ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 am

adnyana179 wrote:
You heard about Black Star 2012?

I know they have a song out produced by Madlib but I haven't checked it out. Any good?

Edit: and I'm mixed on it, because last time I heard him I thought Talib Kweli had fallen off.

And on that dudes first comment: Mos' acting career is fine imo, his role on Dexter this season is the best I've seen him act. Not too mention it's a nice role on a hugely popular show. He's doing alright
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 am

dmize wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
You heard about Black Star 2012?

I know they have a song out produced by Madlib but I haven't checked it out. Any good?

Edit: and I'm mixed on it, because last time I heard him I thought Talib Kweli had fallen off.

And on that dudes first comment: Mos' acting career is fine imo, his role on Dexter this season is the best I've seen him act. Not too mention it's a nice role on a hugely popular show. He's doing alright

I may be one of few who thought "Gutter Rainbows" was a quality album. Not as good as his earlier efforts (tough ask), but certainly not a fall from grace.

On their new track, it's a positive sign that they can deliver next year.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:17 am

zizzle wrote:these days im almost not listening to anything except Rakim's latest album the 7th seal. Anyone got an opinion on that one ?

I felt the production wasn't too good, but he still delivered lyrically. It was definitely a step down.



I saw an interview a few days ago about his upcoming album. DJ Premier and Pete Rock are lined up for it (very encouraging).

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Chad Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:30 am



Good Stuff

Mac Miller is trash.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Chad Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:33 am

Killer Mike has a Ric Flair song.

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm







he's def. in my most under-rated of all time.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 pm



Just found out he died recently Sad

R.I.P i wish there was more rappers like you around these days.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68928
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Just found out he died recently Sad

R.I.P i wish there was more rappers like you around these days.

I was sad to hear this. I had just seen him perform a couple weeks ago at the BET awards, his first performance in like 15 years. Then he dies not too long after. He had a young daughter too, very sad.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 pm



verse of the album
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by zizzle Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
zizzle wrote:these days im almost not listening to anything except Rakim's latest album the 7th seal. Anyone got an opinion on that one ?

I felt the production wasn't too good, but he still delivered lyrically. It was definitely a step down.



I saw an interview a few days ago about his upcoming album. DJ Premier and Pete Rock are lined up for it (very encouraging).



i was actually surprised by how little primo was involved in that album but all in all the album is more to the positive with a couple of classic tracks like holy are you and euphoria and many other good tracks.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:46 pm

zizzle wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
zizzle wrote:these days im almost not listening to anything except Rakim's latest album the 7th seal. Anyone got an opinion on that one ?

I felt the production wasn't too good, but he still delivered lyrically. It was definitely a step down.



I saw an interview a few days ago about his upcoming album. DJ Premier and Pete Rock are lined up for it (very encouraging).



i was actually surprised by how little primo was involved in that album but all in all the album is more to the positive with a couple of classic tracks like holy are you and euphoria and many other good tracks.

holy are you and walk these streets are great, documentary of an O.G is sick
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68928
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum