Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:32 pm

McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:
I'm going to say it again:

No VP in history has ever been "assigned" securing our border. None. What I saw in that press conference is Biden attempting to delegate the issue of the border to his VP, yet all that means in practice is that DHS loops her in on the actions they're taking at the border. She has no official authority over any border official. That doesn't mean they won't show her the due deference her office demands, but legally speaking this "delegation" is essentially nominal.

As with all right-wing politics when it comes to this particular administration, it's kabuki theater.

That is just bickering over technicalities. The management of the DHS is still appointed by the president and I'm sure Kamala, while legally not responsible for it, still has a finger in this pie as certainly she had Biden's ear on this matter. She is part of this administration and can't distance herself from its policy like that

They understand, at a much deeper level than the left, that politics is perception. Control perception and one can control political reality. So if they can successfully control the perception that VP Harris is this "Border Czar" and that all illegal immigration is her fault, the facts that debunk that won't matter.

Ditto McLewis Thumbs up

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:50 pm

McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:

No VP in history has ever been "assigned" securing our border. None. What I saw in that press conference is Biden attempting to delegate the issue of the border to his VP, yet all that means in practice is that DHS loops her in on the actions they're taking at the border. She has no official authority over any border official. That doesn't mean they won't show her the due deference her office demands, but legally speaking this "delegation" is essentially nominal.

As with all right-wing politics when it comes to this particular administration, it's kabuki theater.

That is just bickering over technicalities. The management of the DHS is still appointed by the president and I'm sure Kamala, while legally not responsible for it, still has a finger in this pie as certainly she had Biden's ear on this matter. She is part of this administration and can't distance herself from its policy like that

I prefer the term "facts". They are inconvenient, pesky things when one is trying to build a counter-narrative.

The reality is that you're correct in that VP Harris will have to deal with this admin's border policies, despite having no real authority on the matter. She knows that and so does her team.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that MAGA has never cared about facts. They understand, at a much deeper level than the left, that politics is perception. Control perception and one can control political reality. So if they can successfully control the perception that VP Harris is this "Border Czar" and that all illegal immigration is her fault, the facts that debunk that won't matter. Low information voters don't tend to be critical thinkers on topics of this nature.

This is essentially the 2016 playbook.

Biden essentially threw Harris under the bus himself, they've basically left the goal open and Republicans scored a tap-in. Generally the one who's in power takes the blame so I don't know why this is surprising at all, the fact that we see the consequences of most policies usually beyond just one term is irrelevant to most. Obviously Kamala is not to blame for all illegal immigration but they didn't fix it either, Trump got blamed for everything too regardless of whether he was, in fact, personally responsible for it

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:54 pm

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I prefer the term "facts". They are inconvenient, pesky things when one is trying to build a counter-narrative.

The reality is that you're correct in that VP Harris will have to deal with this admin's border policies, despite having no real authority on the matter. She knows that and so does her team.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that MAGA has never cared about facts. They understand, at a much deeper level than the left, that politics is perception. Control perception and one can control political reality. So if they can successfully control the perception that VP Harris is this "Border Czar" and that all illegal immigration is her fault, the facts that debunk that won't matter. Low information voters don't tend to be critical thinkers on topics of this nature.

This is essentially the 2016 playbook.

Biden essentially threw Harris under the bus himself, they've basically left the goal open and Republicans scored a tap-in. Generally the one who's in power takes the blame so I don't know why this is surprising at all, the fact that we see the consequences of most policies usually beyond just one term is irrelevant to most. Obviously Kamala is not to blame for all illegal immigration but they didn't fix it either, Trump got blamed for everything too regardless of whether he was, in fact, personally responsible for it

Yeah a tap-in while still losing the match, at this point. The Dems have been known for an unforced error or 2, but I don't consider this to be one of them. As was pointed out by @elitedam, a bipartisan bill to address this issue was on the table and the GOP decided playing politics with it was better for them than actually trying to do something about this problem.

Now it could also be said that Dems put that bill forward knowing what the GOP would end up doing. They are capable of that level of political cynicism. Just not sure that was the case here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:49 am

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:59 am

She's such an NPC lmao

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:51 am

Tulsi Gabbard is a milf Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:42 am

Thimmy wrote:Tulsi Gabbard is a milf Smile

Kamala is an npc and Tulsi is the main character

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:43 am

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:16 pm

Getting roasted by his daughter. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:28 pm

Strange VP pick.

The democratic campaign is perfect and on going on rails for obvious reasons, why disrupt the momentum hmm
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:49 pm

Walz was the best choice. he will unify progressives and centrists while alienating no one.

Shapiro with his extreme pro-Israel stance while there's a ongoing genocide in Gaza would've been a risky and dangerous bet.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:14 pm

Pedram wrote:

He has like over a dozen kids with three women, another rich dysfunctional family seeking attention zzzz

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Pedram wrote:

He has like over a dozen kids with three women, another rich dysfunctional family seeking attention zzzz

Look at you coming to his defense like a good little boy.

Has nothing to do with seeking attention, hating her father for being a total shitbag is the only moral stance here and i'm glad she's speaking out. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:04 pm

Lol how am i defending him? Him being a shit father has been known for years. Idc about his personal life

You care more about appearances than actual actions. Twitter posts ultimately have no bearing on reality, actual investment in renewable energy and space travel does

Truth is elon has done more for saving the climate than we all combined ever will, i care more about this than left-wing moral posturing but you can celebrate your moral high ground Laughing stuff like glueing yourself to the middle of the street has no effect on climate change, its purely performative

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:23 pm

Myesyats wrote:Him being a shit father has been known for years.

Sure if that was the only problem, come on dude you know that's not true. Laughing you are too willfully blind to not see what Musk has in store for the world.

The acquisition of Twitter by Musk will go down in history as the turning point where fascists gained a platform to spread hate freely and threatening innocent lives with no repercussion. we are already seeing the effects in UK riots where low IQ morons are burning places that houses refugees.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:36 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/22/tech/twitter-algorithm-political-rhetoric/index.html

seems like its been an issue well before Musk's takeover, i dont see any turning point you speak of

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:02 pm

Myesyats wrote:https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/22/tech/twitter-algorithm-political-rhetoric/index.html

seems like its been an issue well before Musk's takeover, i dont see any turning point you speak of

Explain why i see Libs of TikTok, EndWokeness, Ian Miles Cheong on my feed despite having no interactions with these far-right elements?

If you seriously believe he is not pushing these accounts then i have no words for you.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:52 pm

i dont deny it, happens to me too

I think a lion share of the blame can fall on the blue checkmark stuff, these fringe accounts can buy it and get pushed up

at the same time twitter added community notes, which is fantastic and flags misinformation unlike other social media

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:03 pm

Maybe there's some truth to reports that almost no one wanted the VP nomination because a potential loss would leave their career in a not so desirable place. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, but I can't imagine this guy was first choice.

Gave the Reps a lot of ammo now, this ticket went too far left, this guy apparently put tampons into boys bathrooms in schools.

Anyways, I hate discussing politics but this election has my attention for some reason. Election time is when sold out souls and morally corrupted people are the loudest, picking up unintelligent and emotionally blackmailed people to do their bidding along the way. The societal decadence it showcases haunts me.

I can't get out of the algorhytm on X, I tried saying I wasn't interested on practically any political stuff I came across on and it's still there. I go there to follow the football transfer window and I've been into finances and crypto for a while now, but all I can get is politics ffs.

Also, I always say politics is one of the 3 great evils of today, but even I am surprised by how dirty these campaigns are. I honestly feel sorry for decent American people who have this in their eyes and ears all day across all media. Bad times have truly arrived, and not going away soon.

Last edited by Vibe on Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:16 pm

Vibe wrote:Maybe there's some truth to reports that almost no one wanted the VP nomination because a potential loss would leave their career in a not so desirable place. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, but I can't imagine this guy was first choice.

Gave the Reps a lot of ammo now, this ticket went too far left, this guy apparently put tampons into boys bathrooms in schools.

Anyways, I hate discussing politics but this election has my attention for some reason.

I can't get out of the algorhytm on X, I tried saying I wasn't interested on practically any political stuff I came across on and it's still there. I go there to follow the football transfer window and I've been into finances and crypto for a while now, but all I can get is politics ffs.

Lmao good luck trying to paint school lunch as far-left.  Laughing

Conservatives seriously need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror, it's them who are out of line from the norms of society, not some white guy from Minnesota who is advocating for basic human rights and sensible policies that frankly should have been in the Dem's platform ages ago.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:20 pm

Pedram wrote:
Vibe wrote:Maybe there's some truth to reports that almost no one wanted the VP nomination because a potential loss would leave their career in a not so desirable place. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, but I can't imagine this guy was first choice.

Anyways, I hate discussing politics but this election has my attention for some reason.

Conservatives seriously need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror, it's them who are out of line from the norms of society, not some white guy from Minnesota who is advocating for basic human rights and sensible policies that frankly should have been in the Dem's platform ages ago.

The US Politics Thread - Page 31 Screen74
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:22 pm

Anyway, I'm not trying to paint anything as anything. This is my opinion, that I formed myself, after reading both sides of the arguments that I put through many filters before I decided how I feel about it.

You are so caught up in the narrative I can hardly read anything you wrote bro. Also this is Goal Legacy, a football forum, anything I have to say will not swing these elections so me trying to "paint" a VP nominee is beyond ridiculous.

This is why I hate discussing politics.

Divide et impera.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:30 pm

Vibe wrote:
Pedram wrote:

The US Politics Thread - Page 31 Screen74

Calls me an NPC while repeating Musk talking points. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:33 pm

And that is exactly what I deserve for coming into this thread despite knowing better.

Let's not fight over some assholes campaigns, there's a football season coming soon.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:36 pm

Hipsters like you are the scourge of society Vibe. Thumbs up

"I don't follow what the media tell me omg that makes me so unique!!!"
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:46 pm

You guys should just get off Twitter :coffee: about 75% of the forum's posts revolved around Elon Musk or Kamala Harris these last two weeks

The algorithm is made to farm engagements that's why you see a lot of politics without asking for it, the goal is to trigger users and make them like/comment. I remember also seeing a lot of terrible biased sports takes by people i don't follow, probably for the same reason.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next