Sri
Socur Toxanarosa
El Gunner
BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Premier League 20/21 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 20/21 predictions

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 am

Champions
Man City

Top 4
Man City
Liverpool
Man Utd
Chelsea

Places 5-8
Leicester
Arsenal
Leeds
Tottenham

Relegation
Fulham
Southampton
Aston Villa

First manager to be sacked
Ralph Hassenhüttl

Will José Mourinho be sacked over the course of the season?
No

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Premier League 20/21 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 20/21 predictions

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:49 am

Casciavit wrote:I'm surprised by how many think City is going to win the title again. I genuinely expect their worst season since Pep arrived. They've made no improvements to their starting 11 since 2018, despite countless transfers. Pep's going to be entering his 5th season as their manager, and most modern managers don't stay that long. He's added rotational depth options but has failed to address the key problem areas. The fact that they still haven't signed a CB to replace Kompany is insane. If City starts off poorly, put your money on a mid-season implosion.

Arteta's the real deal, so I expect Arsenal to finish in CL places for sure, probably 4th. I have Liverpool winning the league again. Although I don't expect City to win the title, barring an implosion, they'll still be in the CL places. That leaves the other spot to be decided by United/Chelsea/Spurs. Chelsea may have the recruitment advantage, but their lack of compactness is quite worrisome. If United sign Sancho, then I'd have them finishing as high as second.

It's still early since the transfer market isn't closed, but once it is, it should be easier to give a clearer assessment of the table.

I agree with your assessment, but I still think City have the strongest team when you consider their width. Liverpool probably won’t be quite as motivated this season, as they were in the last season, and that should pave the way for City unless one of the other teams step up to the task. I can’t presict which team that would be, because aside from Chelsea, none of them have bolstered their squads substantially since last season.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Casciavit wrote:Arteta's the real deal, so I expect Arsenal to finish in CL places for sure, probably 4th.

[citation needed]

and even if he were nothing in their squad screams quality, only so much a manager can do
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Thimmy wrote:Champions
Man City

Top 4
Man City
Liverpool
Man Utd
Chelsea

Places 5-8
Leicester
Arsenal
Leeds
Tottenham

Relegation
Fulham
Southampton
Aston Villa

Ralph Hassenhüttl

No

Finishing 8th will get him sacked bruv. Especially with the signings they are making at the moment.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Glory wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

No

Finishing 8th will get him sacked bruv. Especially with the signings they are making at the moment.

I won’t be surprised if they finish 8th, but let’s wait and see what happens to him. Considering the lack of funding, I imagine they’ll take the lack of funding into account when they consider whether to sack him, or not.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:09 pm

Casciavit wrote:I'm surprised by how many think City is going to win the title again. I genuinely expect their worst season since Pep arrived. They've made no improvements to their starting 11 since 2018, despite countless transfers. Pep's going to be entering his 5th season as their manager, and most modern managers don't stay that long. He's added rotational depth options but has failed to address the key problem areas. The fact that they still haven't signed a CB to replace Kompany is insane. If City starts off poorly, put your money on a mid-season implosion.

Arteta's the real deal, so I expect Arsenal to finish in CL places for sure, probably 4th. I have Liverpool winning the league again. Although I don't expect City to win the title, barring an implosion, they'll still be in the CL places. That leaves the other spot to be decided by United/Chelsea/Spurs. Chelsea may have the recruitment advantage, but their lack of compactness is quite worrisome. If United sign Sancho, then I'd have them finishing as high as second.

It's still early since the transfer market isn't closed, but once it is, it should be easier to give a clearer assessment of the table.

City will of course be contenders, Pep hasn't all of a sudden forgotten how to coach and his team will of course again take apart almost everyone in their path.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:33 pm

Myesyats wrote:Champions
Man City

Top 4
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd

Places 5-8
Leicester
Arsenal
Tottenham
Leeds

Relegation
Villa
Fulham
West Brom

No way Jose

Yes

Waterloo
I was defeated, you won the war
Waterloo
Promise to love you for ever more

tututututu ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

you are so predictable Hose

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum