M99
S
LeVersacci
Freeza
RealGunner
61 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 22 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:27 pm

Perucho21 wrote: Out of all of BBC and MSN no one believed he would win anything significant yet he won a BDO before Neymar Suarez and Bale.

To me hes the best 9 of his generation. But I know will tell me "wElL sUaReZ aNd lEwA" none of them completed an insane carry job to a league and CL titles and won a BDO (although Lewa should've)

Lewa is a tapin merchant but Suarez is debatable. I think Benzema has the edge though, he's done it all as a DM which is quite a feat.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 22 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:33 pm

I think the adaptability of Benzema gives him the edge over all the other 9s in his generation.  He played around CR7... and even around both CR7 and Bale for a couple of years... while maintaining his impact.   It was hard for the casual fan to understand what he was doing those years because he was the second or third option in terms of scoring.  

He stayed to win team trophies and sacrificed personal recognition.

Once he was the main guy, we all saw what he could do... although it was in his 30s.

One will always wonder what kind of impact he would have had if he was given the alpha role in his prime as opposed to late in his career.  He's considered legendary and the best for his generation regardless...  he may have gotten consideration as the goat 9 perhaps.   We'll never know.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:51 pm

Benzema on his future:  "My future?  I'm here in Madrid right now.  Reality isn't the internet."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:06 am

I would honestly have to agree with Linetty, the convo of best 9 between Benzema and Suarez is genuinely debatable. I would obviously go with Benzema because duh and Sports' part of adaptability is also a huge plus but I could see the argument for Suarez as well.

Personally, if there is a good time for Benz to leave Madrid, it'll be now. The man had the perfect redemption arc and would leave Madrid on a proper high as one of the clubs greatest players. And to definitely add salt to the cake, would depart in the most polar opposite way compared to Cristiano's departure.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 am

When comparing Suarez vs Benz, we have to include Benz’s choice of friends vs Suarez’s appetite to bite! In my mind, i consider Benz’s final years to be way better than anything Suarez ever did plus correct me if I’m wrong, don’t believe Suarez ever came close to a balon d’or.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:40 pm

Benz had another 2 years left of top football in him. Why go for early retirement?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:28 pm

His body is breaking down. He played less than 50% of our games this season. Bet he knows it too and can't wait to have surgery on that pinky finger
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Benz had another 2 years left of top football in him. Why go for early retirement?

He's made 146 million gross his entire career (Lyon and Madrid). He's being offered 200 million net over 2 years. One of those things you can't ignore.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:08 am

Official

He's gone
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:28 am

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:47 am

Adios Karim :bow:

As a Higuain fan i was sceptic when he first joined us but he proved me wrong, it took him a few years and CR7 taking the spotlight off him didn't help, he turned to be a club GOAT in the end. Proud
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Benz had another 2 years left of top football in him. Why go for early retirement?

he would have been the biggest idiot of all time if he chose to ignore the kind of money he is being offered. the man already sacrificed a chance at the world cup by playing games for madrid when he was injured and it caught up to him. there's no way he will sacrifice his family's future again for madrid who might have even asked him to leave sooner rather than later.

sports has a timeline, if you turn this deal down now, there is zero guarantee you will get this type of offer in 6 months, let alone 12. he has done more than enough for madrid. i'm glad he didnt let emotions or fools gold such as "retire a madrid legend" cloud his decision making. he is a legend of the club regardless of whether he retires at madrid or in Saudi Arabia.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:15 pm

It’s a relief as a barca fan. Benzema was a menace. Him and Modric are nearly irreplaceable like Messi and Xavi
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:Benzema on his future:  "My future?  I'm here in Madrid right now.  Reality isn't the internet."

Turns out reality is indeed internet Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:45 pm

Myesyats wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Benzema on his future:  "My future?  I'm here in Madrid right now.  Reality isn't the internet."

Turns out reality is indeed internet Laughing

lol
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:02 pm

Is it me or do u also feel its kinda sad seeing all these top stars going to a nothing league that nobody watches? I know most of these past it stars naturally do that but those leagues at least there were some level n sometimes we actually see them, but honestly never n know nothing about these ME leagues...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:33 pm

its life, another superstar will arrive who people will watch. Cristiano and messi are not playing in la liga anymore and though the league has taken some hit, there are not cries for them to return (well some barca fans are crying for messi, but that's another issue). point is, some other stars will come up and barring the present vs past debates that we have in sports, fans will move on...except for those who for whatever reason are largely invested in the player, that they'll watch highlights of them in the Saudi league.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:22 pm

Agreed.  This pretty much ends my watching Benzema at all past today's game.  Not a competition that I'm interested in.

Very interesting how Real Madrid is going to replace Benzema.   There's nothing available near his level, with all due respect to Kane.  Forget the goals for a second... we don't have playmakers in the midfield.  He did a fair bit of that too.

So his departure not only requires another great scorer but also a midfield creator.  Bellingham fits that, if it happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:55 pm

lol Kane is the perfect Benzema replacement. He's actually coming off a better season than Benz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:06 pm

El Gunner wrote:lol Kane is the perfect Benzema replacement. He's actually coming off a better season than Benz

Different leagues.  Kane is a "mini-me" version of Benzema.  That's not a knock on Kane btw.  Benzema is that good.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:07 pm

laughable
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:59 pm

We'll see.

Kane seems like the perfect replacement but I still have nightmares after the last years of Bale. Lucky for Kane, this group of RM players have alot of players speaking english and there aren't any scary types like Ramos and CR7 around that would make you tip toe around Valdebebas.

Though I still prefer speed with the group we have acquired now but we can't be picky. I'll take Kane no questions asked. The other names don't excite me at all.

If we can get Havertz as the Asensio replacement I think that'll be an upgrade eventhough Asensio is a better goalscorer but I think Havertz is better at everything else.

Also if we can add Firminho and Joselu for that CF positions our frontline will be pretty set for next season.

Then there is the elephent in the room aka the backline. We need new RB and LB. So far we are just being linked with LBs but no RBs yet.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:04 pm

If you're comparing this year's Benzema to Kane, sure.   Kane is comparable to this year's Benzema.  

But Real Madrid need a player of the caliber of Benzema from the previous 4 years.  His body broke down this season and our team level dropped and game quality dropped.

I don't think it's fair to Kane if he comes frankly.  Keep in mind that Benzema ended up as:
-  2nd all-time scorer
-  Best assist man ever

This despite playing as a servant to Ronaldo until he left 5 years ago.  Imagine what it would have been if he was the number 1 option earlier in his Real Madrid career.

So in short, Kane of course... but with a more mature Vini and Rodrygo + Kai Havertz + Bellingham. Kane can't carry the attack like Benzema did.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:28 pm

Benzema best RM goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDMKVlNl5Rg

Benzema best RM assists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA-NXuID-AA
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:
So in short, Kane of course... but with a more mature Vini and Rodrygo + Kai Havertz + Bellingham. Kane can't carry the attack like Benzema did.

and why should he? of course preferably you would want a more stacked set of attacking players around you, but all i'm saying is if you want someone to replace Benzema then you will find no one more perfect than Kane for the job.

Benzema isn't a unicorn type of player that is beyond irreplaceable. Kane may not ever reach his European accomplishments, but pound for pound he can give Benzema a run for his money in terms of productivity and play style.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:07 pm

i don't think there's any other option besides Kane, that's basically the hole we've dug ourselves into. i have no issues with kane but until signing and performances, the club will be thinking they messed up as last year he wasn't their first nor second choice. the money you were saving you end up using to sign someone who wasnt your first nor second choice. i think he's a good player especially considering the club he plays for.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next