M99
S
LeVersacci
Freeza
RealGunner
61 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 11 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:18 pm

I admit I was one of the people who laughed at how hard Karim went down in his late twenties and just could not take him seriously but his Renaissance ever since CR left to take the reins and redevelop himself into an on-pitch leader who only seems to score massive goals is just brilliant.

He's 34 and among the all time CL kings. Truly has fulfilled the expectations we had of him since Lyon.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 11 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:20 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:I’m speechless. I’m actually enjoying prime Benz more then prime CR. He plays football the way it’s supposed to be played. No diving, no drama, a team player and gets the job done, and he has everything in his locker

Not taking anything away from CR7 but he lost his entertainment factor Post-United but Benzema is just a silky smooth machine to watch. Does everything as few do what he does up front (Ibra, Dzeko as examples) and in a dying breed its lovely to watch him at the twilight of his career.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:23 pm

I really think CR helped shape Benz’s mentality Arq.. he started training seriously and smartly in the gym and in training. That was all CR, before that he was overweight and had motivation issues.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:24 pm

Very good point Z. New way to look at it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:25 pm

Benz > Lewa
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:36 pm

Dat shade thrown by Lascia
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:36 pm

Casciavit wrote:Benz > Lewa
Agreed. I think what Benzema now has this ability to turn a game around on his own, something he didn't display before. And I attribute that to his mental growth. For most of his twenties he was always the kind of player who would play well when his team played well but wasn't the guy who would take you out of a bad spell. He now is the 'papa' of the team, one whom you could rely upon when times are tough. And he has demonstrated this for the past few seasons.

A very emotional and memorable night for Benzema. Congratulations.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:55 pm

Who would have ever thought 5 years ago that Benzema was going to end up being the 2nd all time scorer in Madrid history... with an outside chance at CR.

Very outside chance.  But heck, he keeps getting better.  He might keep this up until he's 40 lol.

The guy is 34 years old and playing like this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:19 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:I really think CR helped shape Benz’s mentality Arq.. he started training seriously and smartly in the gym and in training. That was all CR, before that he was overweight and had motivation issues.

Benzema just had the best game of his entirre career and you wanna make this all about Cristiano... Nobody else shaped Benzema's mentality and taking care of his body other than himself. Stop with downplaying his work ethic, he didn't stay in Real Madrid for 12 years while doing nothind lol.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:58 pm

Varnagel wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:I really think CR helped shape Benz’s mentality Arq.. he started training seriously and smartly in the gym and in training. That was all CR, before that he was overweight and had motivation issues.

Benzema just had the best game of his entirre career and you wanna make this all about Cristiano... Nobody else shaped Benzema's mentality and taking care of his body other than himself. Stop with downplaying his work ethic, he didn't stay in Real Madrid for 12 years while doing nothind lol.

Yea that has nothing to do with what he said or the original context calma Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:43 am

Lol this constant need to pretend that it's normal for a player who was legitimately considered one of the worst players in the club history, while playing with the selfish glory hunter cr, and as soon as cr leaves he magically changed mentally such bullshit, I said years ago cr was ruining benzema for years and I'm sure alot of guys know this too cr just can't be called out for it no matter what, people are even trying to give credit such a joke, if cr stayed at Madrid benzema would never be able to show his true talent cause he is too busy going 10 games scoreless, cause the glory hunter can't function without the manufactured cr dependency that he forced the team to go through for years, benzema dependency looks and feel natural, you guys and cr fans as whole will never admit to it and that ok but let not try to credit cr with any help cause that nonsense.

Anyway proud of benzema he is definitely going down as one of the best players and cf in the club history and for this generation, always knew he was brilliant, I hope this give him the boost to go for Raul record before the season ends, he can make it if the team continues to help him.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:59 am

danyjr wrote:
Agreed. I think what Benzema now has this ability to turn a game around on his own, something he didn't display before. And I attribute that to his mental growth. For most of his twenties he was always the kind of player who would play well when his team played well but wasn't the guy who would take you out of a bad spell. He now is the 'papa' of the team, one whom you could rely upon when times are tough. And he has demonstrated this for the past few seasons.

So much BS go watch any rm game that cr didn't play when benz was fit, he always showed up and carried the team, as soon as cr come back next game goes back to not scoring, now all you guys can do is act like benzema was a truly terrible player that suddenly became such rubbish by experienced fans of the game, goes to show how deep that anti benzema narrative ran.

I have enough sports to know if you don't have it, it doesn't matter who you play with and where you are playing, it's doesn't mean shit so writing these ridiculous comments like it's normal to flip a switch be world class, funny that never worked for the greatest killer striker to ever play higs, funny how he stayed the same through his whole career.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:24 am

danyjr wrote:

Fecking hell, you're so full of shite lmfao

Benzema has never changed as a player, the difference is he was put in a position where the Frenchman got more opportunities as the go-to scorer. It's not a coincidence he went from the infamous 5 LaLiga goals campaign to scoring 20 LaLiga goals for 4th straight season.

It's just really that simple. Benzema had a completely different role with Cristiano, thus his numbers looks "underwhelming" on the paper without any context,

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:37 am

13 goals away to become Madrid's second alltime goalscorer. Top 5 or top 4 CL alltime scores as well.
RM fans where do you rank him as Madrid legend?
Top 3 ? Top 5 ?
In no order my favorite will be Di stefano - Cr7 - Ramos - Modric - Benz.
I didnt see much of Zidane at RM so dunno.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:40 am

Statistically, his numbers should have automatically make him a legend at the club but after today, I don't think any Madrid fan, be it in Spain or elsewhere, would be doubting his legendary status.

He's up there with Di Stefano, Puskas, Raul, Cristiano, Modric, Zidane, Miguel Munoz, Don Bernabeu, that tier 1 legendary status level.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:14 am

Hes really improved so much as an all round player if not already long ago. Time n again he forced the opposition into huge errors, remember poor Karius... at 34... Messi is also 34 right? Gotta admit, Messi has to have a look at himself, a shame in comparison for this performance...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:43 am

What are yall talking about? Benzema has always been this good.

Benzema Simply fulfills the role his team needs him to fulfill.

Whether it's being the greatest attacking partner to cr7 back then. Or leading the attack himself right now. Whether it's creating the play or dropping deep to play dm breaking up plays and recycling possession of the ball. Benzema plays whatever/wherever job the team needs him to do/be.

This is why he has been one of my most favorite player since he joined the club. He's had his dark days but who doesn't? His recent performances are him simply rolling back the years. Truly class is permanent with benzema.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:16 am

Chad doing overtime posting from both of his accounts here
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:46 pm

Wtf I'm considered an Chad alt? Since when? That punk doesn't even understand half of Benzema's true quality. Or am I being ribbed? Y'all attempting to work me into a shoot?

If mbappe does end up in madrid, benzema will fulfill his final role imo. Training his successor. There is still much for Benzema to do.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:40 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Wtf I'm considered an Chad alt? Since when? That punk doesn't even understand half of Benzema's true quality. Or am I being ribbed? Y'all attempting to work me into a shoot?

If mbappe does end up in madrid, benzema will fulfill his final role imo. Training his successor. There is still much for Benzema to do.

You aren't the alt suspect.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:40 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Wtf I'm considered an Chad alt? Since when? That punk doesn't even understand half of Benzema's true quality. Or am I being ribbed? Y'all attempting to work me into a shoot?

You aren't the alt suspect.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:45 am

Surprised Chad didn't say something about Higuain.

One is scoring hat tricks in UCL the other is getting fat eating Cuban sandwiches and smoking cigars
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:04 am

Benguain would have been the perfect duo in an alternate universe where we didn't sign cr7. Benz performs in big games but small games he may get complacent., higuain is an efficient scrub killer but a big game choker. Would've effectively canceled out each others weaknesses.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 am

This season is Benzema's last opportunity to completely rewrite his legacy and surpass Raul as GOAT striker if he wins LaLiga and UCL as the main man.

Look no further than Kobe Bryant who changed the narrative of his legacy after winning 2 NBA Championships as Lakers' main man. Kobe's legacy as #24 is way memorable unlike when he wore #8 jersey and played next to perhaps the most dominant big man in NBA history.

Next season, Mbappe will become the man talisman and Benzema will revert back to his old role as the space creator. Or Benzema ends up as a super-sub if Haaland joins Real Madrid. The Norweigan ain't gonna ride the bench while earning €40-50m per season.

If Benzema only wins either UCL/LaLiga or goes trophyless.... then his Real Madrid legacy boils down as Cristiano's sidekick and was maybe 10th most important player during the club's UCL-dynasty. The likes of Cristiano, Ramos, Navas, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Pepe and arguably even Bale were bigger contributors.

Turok_TTZ wrote:If mbappe does end up in madrid, benzema will fulfill his final role imo. Training his successor. There is still much for Benzema to do.

Mbappe is objectively way superior than Benzema.

Since 2016-17 season, Mbappe has always produced more G+A than Benzema.

He doesn't need anyone's help to become a success in Real Madrid.

Turok_TTZ wrote:Benguain would have been the perfect duo in an alternate universe where we didn't sign cr7. Benz performs in big games but small games he may get complacent., higuain is an efficient scrub killer but a big game choker. Would've effectively canceled out each others weaknesses.

Benzema is capable scoring loads of goals against "small teams" like he's done in his whole career.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:18 pm

Varnagel wrote:This season is Benzema's last opportunity to completely rewrite his legacy and surpass Raul as GOAT striker if he wins LaLiga and UCL as the main man.

Look no further than Kobe Bryant who changed the narrative of his legacy after winning 2 NBA Championships as Lakers' main man. Kobe's legacy as #24 is way memorable unlike when he wore #8 jersey and played next to perhaps the most dominant big man in NBA history.

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 11 Calma-relax
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:42 pm

they're finally changing the balon d'or format to what i said it should have been years ago. so he may have his chance now
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next