Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
29 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 pm

I love them. The Mumbai mission in Hitman 2 is my favorite. Also if you don't have the DLC for Hitman 2, get em. The two levels that come with it are among the best of the franchise.

@LeVersacci, the 2016 Hitman was a reboot so you don't need to play the previous games. Although the older games were really fucking good too.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Only up to the race track on Hitman 2 been trying to master all the hitman 1 remastered levels first

I believe I have everything it was on offer two weeks ago dirt cheap
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Anyone played the new hitman games? Been smashing them in my downtime and they're really fun imo

I played Hitman 1 it was so fun i decided to buy Hitman 2 too, haven't started it yet though. the sandbox style of finding multiple ways to assassinate your targets is refreshing and increases the replay value of the game. liked the characters as well, some of these poor souls died in extremely funny and tragic ways.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Pedram wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Anyone played the new hitman games? Been smashing them in my downtime and they're really fun imo

I played Hitman 1 it was so fun i decided to buy Hitman 2 too, haven't started it yet though. the sandbox style of finding multiple ways to assassinate your targets is refreshing and increases the replay value of the game. liked the characters as well, some of these poor souls died in extremely funny and tragic ways.

Some of the kills even random unscripted ones are nasty lmao

Putting people in hay balers, dumping unconscious people in acid vats etc Laughing

The big set piece ones are usually hilarious though.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Tom our promised prince Proud Please stay.

On-topic: Im on Chapter 2 of MGSV now and for such an unfinished game, it remains one of the best I have played. Yes it is disjointed and once again, evidently unfinished but from a gameplay perspective it is so fluid and perfect its unreal. The story is bare-bones as we know but when there is story its superb and Ive decided Big Boss is the best video game character. Better than Solid Snake even.

Going to finish this in a week and a half and likely another 1 year hiatus from video gaming. Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:21 pm

I'll never leave you bby xx
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:24 am

Arquitecto wrote:Guys can someone summarise one thing for me.

I've checked the specs between XBOX X v PS5 & it seems the Microsoft console somewhat comfortably seems more powerful than the PS5.

I am not adept in such info at all now I know Sony will likely have better games as usual but the more powerful specs of Xbox may be something to consider, no?

Especially when devs get a better handle of the engines.
CPU is pretty much equal. Xbox GPU (12.2 Tflops) is theoretically about 19% faster than PS5 (10.3 Tflops). But because PS5 is based on boost clock, rather than base clock of Xbox, the difference will be higher on average. I think about 30%, which is pretty big difference. Others are pretty much unknown factors, meaning how they are going to be handled.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Game: Wild 9
Year: 1998.
Genre: Action Platformer.
Publisher: Interplay Production.
Developer: Shiny Entertainment.

General Games Discussion - Page 21 44451-wild-9-playstation-front-cover

First things first, I am changing my rating system to a simpler 10 point system. Games that get above a 7 I fully recommend, and those that get below that are mostly a waste of time. That leaves the score of 7 to depend on your taste

Made by some of the same people responsible for the Earthworm Jim series, Wild 9 already had a pedigree for zany worlds and unique humor behind it. Yet, that didn't transfer in any meaningful way to the game.

In fact, this actually exposed the design weakness of the team which was usually masked by Earthworm Jim's uniqueness.

"Any careless Bonehead not watching their step near floor grinders will find themselves in a world of hurt"

Apparently, this game was boneheaded enough to go into a floor grinder, because the end result is a mangled mess. Here is a game that attempts to encompass the "attitude era" of the 90s, but instead fails at building any meaningful style to it.

Firstly, seven or eight levels in, I have no idea what the game is about. Apparently, you control a character named Wex who goes into what looks like planets to save some of his friends who were captured by the main villain, Karn.

In theory, each character you save has a unique design and personality, but the game shows you none of that. There is no dialogue except the advice bubbles you occasionally find and the terrible catchphrases uttered by the game's hero.

In the absence of a written narrative, you would look for the world's design and game progress to provide a story of sorts. Tough luck, because there is little of that here. Outside of the loading screens, there is no visual consistency in the world's design nor is there any physical storytelling going on.

To be fair, this issue is probably compounded by the terrible graphics, which look worse in the 2.5D mode the game employs. Everything looks bland and brown and nothing has the visual splendor and great animation of the Earthworm Jim series.

Just to make things worse, the game's soundtrack is a forgettable space-inspire jumble whose sole advantage is to mask the horrible sound effects the game emits.

"Karn has set nasty traps all over the place, the spike pit is one of the nastiest"

Karn's nastiest trap is not actually the spike pits but the act of playing this game itself. This ironic because one of the game's "selling points" is the ability to torture your enemies. Yet, it is the player that the game in fact tortures.

At first glance, the game is simply a clunkier Action-Platformer. However, the game's main hook is something that affects the entire experience, degrading it way beyond its clunkiness could ever do.

Wex's signature ability is to use a beam that extends a little distance out of his arm to grab enemies. Once grabbed, you can move around with these enemies, or you could smash them in the ground. Both movement and smashing are controlled by the directional buttons, and as such, you can imagine how confusing that can get.

What makes it egregiously bad is the fact that this is both your main offensive weapon and your "puzzle-solving" method. You see, the game provides many obstacles in which you must your enemies to progress. For example, using them as a stepping stone in a spike pit or chucking them at a grinder gate to open a path. Hence the enemy torture part. So, when you need to use the game's signature mechanic that much, it better work more than half the time.

Nonetheless, even if the Grab n' Smash mechanic worked perfectly, that wouldn't solve the many problems the game has. Chief among these problems is how everything you do takes much more time than it has any right to ask. Take the examples above as a reference. Often, you must chuck three enemies into the grinder to open the path, which requires you to backtrack, grab a respawning enemy, and then go back to the gate wishing you don't accidentally drop the enemy or smash them to smithereens.

The inclusion of some different style levels does not alleviate any of the game's issues, and boss enemies only exacerbates them.

In Conclusion:

I can imagine how Earthworm Jim, with considerably worse graphics and poor artwork would become a bad game. However, it still wouldn't be as terrible as Wild 9. Because what makes this game truly awful is that it built on a foundation of awfulness.

Set aside the morally reprehensible catchphrase of "Torture your enemies" and consider how the game's signature mechanic is clunky to use, slow to execute, and torturous to your own idea of fun.

Final: 2/10

Pros:

• Unique Grab 'n Smash Mechanic

Cons:

• The unique mechanic is boring and brings the whole game down
  • Drab world design
  • The game actively wastes your time
  • Obnoxious sound effects

"Tips"
1-Don't underestimate your jump (you also automatically grab onto ledges)
2-Lower the sound effects volume if you value your ears.
3-You will need to grab respawning enemies and smash them around the environment in a lot of places as a form of "puzzle-solving".

"Next Game"

Here is one of the first major games to make me question Retro Sanctuary's judgment in making their list. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about Wild 9 and I can think of five PS1 games fro the top of my head more deserving of this spot than this trash game. Apparently, the game didn't even review or sell well, which begs the reason of why it was considered in the first place.

Next on my scheduled reviews is a report on the top 100-91 games in the Retro Sanctuary list before I go all the way down to #84 and play Treasure's Silhoutte Mirage.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Finally picked up Mount & Blade II after being given a 20% discount code on an already discounted rate.

Not really sure about it so far, but going to give it time. I know it is Early Access so things are changing all the time.

- Maybe I was expecting more of an open world, but the parts of this game are very disjointed (map vs FPS) and don't help the immersion;
- Graphics are nothing to boast about;
- Have some trouble with the crosshair-less melee combat but I guess I'll get used to it;
- No voice acting? Seriously? This is 2020 ffs not 1990.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Anyone here follow the streaming community?

Microsoft is closing down Mixer and merging with facebook gaming for their streaming service. Ninja and Shroud who signed exclusive contracts with Mixer last year worth 20 to 30 million dollars annually are out of their contracts and free to use Twitch again. They all received full payouts.

Ninja and Shroud with the heist of the century rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:21 pm

yeah was reading about it earlier

kinda crazy that MS were throwing around tens of millions like 6 months ago and now are just walking away from it lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 am

It should come as no surprise. Microsoft are kings are touching things and turning them into shit. They're a bit like EA in that regard.

Main issue is Microsoft always buy not the industry leader but the odd black sheep and hoping for it to beat the already established brands. They bought Nokia when they were already on the down, Mixer was never going to come close to Twitch yet they bought it, they have turned Skype from the number 1 messaging service to an app that is used far less than the likes of WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger in the west. Same with LinkedIn.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Just like Microsoft is king at buying/dev shit they’re kings at buying/dev gold applications:

Besides Windows. Office, Azure, Sharepoint, Skype/S4B, Teams, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code etc.

Skype/S4B was the shit back then (along with TS & Ventrillo) but they never followed modern chat applications like Slack & Discord. After their failed attempt to buy Slack, they made Teams which has since then exploded (Covid helped alot)

Teams is also what I choose for our company new VoIP over Slack.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:10 pm

Firenze wrote:yeah was reading about it earlier

kinda crazy that MS were throwing around tens of millions like 6 months ago and now are just walking away from it lol
Probably knew Mixer wasn’t gonna survive and choose to merge with Facebook to compete with Twitch
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Crash bandicoot 4 announced hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:11 pm

A little late to the party but I have recently started playing Watch Dogs 2 and I'm liking it so far.

The FBI could use a little training though:
Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Crash bandicoot 4 announced hmm

Sony still own it or is it Activision?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Activision
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:20 pm

So I just finished Nier (all 3 routes). Took me 70 hours though lol. I became too OP though so it was a breeze at the end.

It is without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. The story is special. It's going to take me days to digest it and read around it. Such an in-depth game. Specially the philosophy.

Pascal's entire arc though...jesus.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:26 am

...70 hours? nani?

I did it in 24 lol. I skipped 75% of the side quests, though but I can't imagine they added that much extra to a playtime?

Good shit though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:28 am

I killed a pedestrian by mistake and they called the police on me. Then one thing led to another and this happened:
Spoiler:
This game is awesome by the way Twisted Evil
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 am

RealGunner wrote:So I just finished Nier (all 3 routes). Took me 70 hours though lol. I became too OP though so it was a breeze at the end.

It is without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. The story is special. It's going to take me days to digest it and read around it. Such an in-depth game. Specially the philosophy.

Pascal's entire arc though...jesus.

70...it took me around 20 jeez.

Make sure you do Ending D and Ending E if you have not. Leave Ending E for last, if you are trying to platinum it or 100% do those first.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 am

I don’t remember how much time I spent playing Nier: Automata, but it was far more than 30 hours. Granted, I first played it on my own console, got burnt out for a while by it’s initially repetitive design, and ended up playing it all over again on a different console.

It’s definitely a uniquely special and beautiful game, and one of my all time favourites, as well. It sounds silly, but I was pretty deep in thought after I had finished playing through Nier. Games like that don’t come around very often, if ever.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:16 am

About 80% through Main missions in MGSV and 70% in Side-Ops and all I mostly think of is what it could have been if fully finished by Kojima.

Game beginning from Ground Zeroes began almost bare to fulfilling and by the time you get to Phantom Pain more questions arise yet the slow drip of the incredible amount of options followed by detail in gameplay is just incredible.

Sutherland is quiet but when he does speak he does a fantastic job whilst Miller is contrast to that in his expression. Troy Baker does a fantastic job in Ocelot (are we surprised?).

Going to be a shame to end the game as I know this is Kojima's last MGS and I doubt more will come beyond Konami cash cows.

Chapter 2 is indeed what we know it as yet still fun. The game has its flaws but its rated perfectly as it is by critics. Bare as the story can be but when its there it is unbelievably good. Most of it is indeed in the tape recordings I have learned.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:09 pm

danyjr wrote:Finally picked up Mount & Blade II after being given a 20% discount code on an already discounted rate.

Not really sure about it so far, but going to give it time. I know it is Early Access so things are changing all the time.

- Maybe I was expecting more of an open world, but the parts of this game are very disjointed (map vs FPS) and don't help the immersion;
- Graphics are nothing to boast about;
- Have some trouble with the crosshair-less melee combat but I guess I'll get used to it;
- No voice acting? Seriously? This is 2020 ffs not 1990.
It's very Total War, except campaign map is RTwP rather than TB. And fights are more immersive when npc's aren't paper dolls and are individually dynamic. There's some voice acting in main guest, but it's something that will be added later. Learning fighting takes time, but once you get used to it, it's very good and addictive. If this is your first M&B you're probably missing some of features, because there's no tutorial for them.

There should be a first major content update today or tomorrow, since the release. It's been mostly bug fixing to this point.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/mafia-definitive-edition-remake-hangar-13-interview

Sounds promising.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next