Lucifer
El Gunner
Thimmy
Mr Nick09
15 posters

Go down

How are you? Empty How are you?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:52 pm

I realized I haven't posted here in a while.

How are you guys doing?

Me? Working from home, no sports or football in particular really is a bummer. Marca following Fifa league is an all time low but I understand there is no content, but they could make better choices... Some transfer rumours here and there

How are you guys keeping busy?

Ps: this is not a Madrid fan only thread, feel free to share
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How are you? Empty Re: How are you?

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:10 pm

I’m good. I’m a teacher, so I was worried I’d be out of work for a while after the schools were temporarily shut down. I contacted one of my first workplaces as a caretaker for people with autism, and I work 80% night shifts there now. It’s surprisingly comfortable and less stressful than my regular job, and the pay is ridiculously good considering I basically just watch TV shows and play video games all night.

Other than that, this city’s a ghost town nowadays. There’s plenty of groceries in stock in the stores here, but the toilet paper isles have been cleaned out every time I’ve checked Laughing My sister’s confirmation has been postponed until autumn/fall. I hardly see any other people than my girlfriend these days, and it feels a bit like I’m in a zombie movie.

I keep getting mails and calls from people with thick, Indian accents who want to scam me or sell «state of the art» Corona protection gear hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:23 pm

^^ffs

don't the government provide compensation pay for teachers over there?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:I’m good. I’m a teacher, so I was worried I’d be out of work for a while after the schools were temporarily shut down. I contacted one of my first workplaces as a caretaker for people with autism, and I work 80% night shifts there now. It’s surprisingly comfortable and less stressful than my regular job, and the pay is ridiculously good considering I basically just watch TV shows and play video games all night.

Other than that, this city’s a ghost town nowadays. There’s plenty of groceries in stock in the stores here, but the toilet paper isles have been cleaned out every time I’ve checked Laughing My sister’s confirmation has been postponed until autumn/fall. I hardly see any other people than my girlfriend these days, and it feels a bit like I’m in a zombie movie.

I keep getting mails and calls from people with thick, Indian accents who want to scam me or sell «state of the art» Corona protection gear hmm

Don't blame Nishy trying to make quick bucks tbh.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^ffs

don't the government provide compensation pay for teachers over there?

The majority of jobs are compensated here, money or economic security was never a worry. We have a social welfare organisation called «NAV» here. If you’re a Norwegian citizen, they’ll provide you with money if you’re out of work, or even if you have some mild mental disability that makes it so that working sounds unappealing to you  Laughing

I was worried about having to sit at home and doing nothing, since I can’t visit friends or be productive somehow. I’m actually curious if I’ll earn less, now that I’m actually working at another job. I imagine I will, but it’s worth it since I don’t feel like a bum sitting at home.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:39 pm

I was moving jobs and now due to this Corona the offer is suspended. I'm pretty much fked as I have little savings and no social security system in India.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:28 pm

sorry to hear that, hopefully this situation will pass soon
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 am

You still live in MTL Nick ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 am

Adit wrote:I was moving jobs and now due to this Corona the offer is suspended. I'm pretty much fked as I have little savings and no social security system in India.

Hey man. You are from Kerala right? Me too Smile . Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you pull through and ofc stay safe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Warrior wrote:You still live in MTL Nick ?
moved to Ottawa for work but quarantined like everyone
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm

Adit wrote:I was moving jobs and now due to this Corona the offer is suspended. I'm pretty much fked as I have little savings and no social security system in India.

I have friends who have been impacted and have seen their ability to work reduced because of this situation. Wish you the best brother
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Thanks everyone. Amazon has contacted me for interview so that is a good news in this terrible times. Guess nothing really affects their operations.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 am

Personally good, still gotta work as I am essential, despite social order in NYC slowly decreasing due to the quarantine.

Still in school as all classes are online.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58 pm

@doc please come in

66 cases in Trinidad sure hope you're not one of them
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm

I'm stuck at home playing video games lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Mamad wrote:I'm stuck at home playing video games lol.

What are you playing?

I'm spending too much with Paradox games lol, mainly Stellaris and EU4, they're quite complex yet rewarding when you actually learn how to play them.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Some old games i found in the closet lol. right now i'm playing Splinter Cell Conviction and Mass effect 2. haven't played video games for a loooong time until Coronavirus:silent:.
going to buy some new ones tonight or tomorrow. any good FPS suggestions?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:47 am

Feels like an eternity since i last posted

Hope you're all keeping safe. There are talks now of shutdowns that will last 3 months. Don't think we'll finish the season but the most important thing is the lives of the people. Stay safe everyone and take care of your elders!!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:47 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:@doc please come in

66 cases in Trinidad sure hope you're not one of them

I am not you delightful, lovable bastard.

I've been pretty much fine though my job at DHL is a very much not on solid ground at all but I'll see how things turn out by week's end.

But yes, I'm actually quite safe where I am. Cannot say the same for others who got affected by flying out and getting contracted.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:13 am

I'm genuinely fcked, as a musician, this virus couldn't have come at a worst possible time. 100% of my gigs are cancelled and this time of the year is the peak season for gigs.

My sideline online work can't cover my bills. I have started to settle on canned food since it's less expensive.

I'm run out of savings soon. I might start selling my gear if this goes on for another month.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 am

never knew you were a musician..
sounds really bad man, keeping you in my prayers.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:I'm genuinely fcked, as a musician, this virus couldn't have come at a worst possible time. 100% of my gigs are cancelled and this time of the year is the peak season for gigs.

My sideline online work can't cover my bills. I have started to settle on canned food since it's less expensive.

I'm run out of savings soon. I might start selling my gear if this goes on for another month.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. Tell us more about your work as a musician, if you want.
Do you play in a band/orchestra? What instruments, what kind of music? Do you make a living by playing live, or session musician, or selling records? (Guess most, if not all musicians nowadays get most of their money from live gigs, even the biggest stars make more money from touring than from record sales)
And how can we support you? Do you sell records, merchandise?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:I'm genuinely fcked, as a musician, this virus couldn't have come at a worst possible time. 100% of my gigs are cancelled and this time of the year is the peak season for gigs.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. Tell us more about your work as a musician, if you want.
Do you play in a band/orchestra? What instruments, what kind of music? Do you make a living by playing live, or session musician, or selling records? (Guess most, if not all musicians nowadays get most of their money from live gigs, even the biggest stars make more money from touring than from record sales)
And how can we support you? Do you sell records, merchandise?

I'm primarily a session musician since most of my income is earned through session gigs. I do have a band which is currently producing our own record but it is mostly passion driven and for the sake of playing materials that we always wanted.

I do play various instruments (guitar, bass, keys...) and my band's choice of music is surf rock, blues and the psychedelic type. I do play a lot of pop, soul and rnb due to the nature and demand in session gigs.

I think i will be fine as long I find another racket here and there but this is going to be hard.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum