Arquitecto
Nishankly
zenmaster
S
50 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Vote_lcap57%UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Vote_lcap43%UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Empty Re: UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool

Post by Unique Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:49 am

McLewis wrote:I really like Atletico when they play like this. No coach in the game could've gotten that type of performance outta the players on that pitch other than Cholo. Klopp bemoaned it as not proper football, but that's not a good take from him. Aleti played to win and did what was required. I don't understand the criticism of that.

And I say this having rocked my Virgil jersey (birthday gift from my mom). Liverpool just didn't look sharp enough. Makes sense to me that that a Cholo team would be the one team to out-hustle and out-press them. This dip in form couldn't have hit at a worse time for them though they still have the PL wrapped up if Covid-19 doesn't steal it from them.

did you watch the game. it seems like no one watched the game. bad finishing from liverpool is why we didnt win by a mile. nothing to do with simeone. we had 35 shots at goal ffs. how you gonna say a coach did a great job when a team had 35 shots against you. are you thinking that simeone set the team up thinking the other side will dominate the game have 35 shots but we will wait for the keeper to make 2 mistakes and then get a 3rd when liverpool have to push everyone forward. are you and anyone thinking that was the game plan and a master tactic from simeone.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Empty Re: UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:31 am

Liverpool Laughing

Players and coach after the last game: they celebrated like they'd won the tie, well show them at Anfield

Pool fans: oh stfu everyone, we'll smash them at home like we did against Barca

Football world: Laughing it shows that its first time playing against them or you wouldn't be so cocky

End result: lost both home and away

rofl

Now just need to beat City and let Atleti clear our path to the final
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:49 am

Doc wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:This was always going to be a difficult match up for Klopp since strong defensive organized manager counter his style of play well.

We played extremely and negated Atletico till that Adrian mistake. 34 shots lol. I'm still proud of this beautiful team, sadly their hardwork was undone by a reserve goal keeper

Yeah, 1 guy messed you up lol. Your team defended both Llorente's goals absolutely poorly and your forwards were wasteful but sure, 1 guy messed up. Best RB, LB and CB in the world really did well today lol.

Yes he did, the other 2 goals after that goal are nearly irrelevant since we were going out with that first one. He did mess us up, we were untouchable until he passed it to the opponent and then decided to jump when the shot was being taken.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:56 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Liverpool Laughing

Players and coach after the last game: they celebrated like they'd won the tie, well show them at Anfield

Pool fans: oh stfu everyone, we'll smash them at home like we did against Barca

Football world: Laughing it shows that its first time playing against them or you wouldn't be so cocky

End result: lost both home and away

rofl

Now just need to beat City and let Atleti clear our path to the final

And we did, Allison in this game and this would have been an easy win. Hell if Klopp didn't take of Mane and Salah last leg, we might have equalized. Lots of ifs and buts for the result, but massively proud of our performance today and congratulations to Atlético for beating us both times.

Also surprised there is so much brotherly love between Spanish teams. Wish England had this too and I could support a City victory or something.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:24 am

I'm growing a massive hatred for the goalkeeping position lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:17 am

After seeing Klopp's comments it feels like Pool are at a stage the rest of Europe were in nearly a decade ago

We have all experienced our team battering Atleti only to lose in the end. In fact thats where they get their strength from

I want Barca as far from the final as possible. Atleti i don't care about other than them being the only team in Europe you know you can trust to do you a solid against any team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:55 am

2 in a row is not for anybody, 3 is kinda impossible
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:51 am

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to the rest

Actually what Liverpool fans predicted
about comeback at Anfield,
has come true.

But sadly,
its against them.

So don't be so arrogant,
for next time.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:38 am

are you thinking that simeone set the team up thinking the other side will dominate the game have 35 shots but we will wait for the keeper to make 2 mistakes and then get a 3rd when liverpool have to push everyone forward.

He absolutely did.

He knew his team would come under extreme pressure because of the venue, the quality of opposition vs the quality of his own team, and the way Atletico tend to play. Defending the edge of their penalty area with everyone behind the ball = the game being played mostly in their own half, which in turn will lead to a lot of shots.

It's risky, but the context of the game plays a big part. Liverpool know they need to score and are playing a very defensive team, so they can't be so wasteful in front goal. Once they start to miss a few, the doubt creeps in. The longer they go without scoring, the more erratic the finishing becomes, and the more nervous the team becomes because they know one mistake could be the end.

This is prime-Mourinho stuff. Frustrate the opposition until they make a mistake, then seize on the mistake, while not making mistakes yourself. A style that requires a tonne of sacrifice but can and does work in these knockout scenarios.

Also, it's rich for Liverpool to criticise defensive tactics when last season's final was one of the most defensive and cagey finals in recent memory.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:01 am

This is CL. sometimes it's not about who is better. it's about who makes less mistakes.

Liverpool fans must be furious going out like this. what a mistake by goalkeeper. i feel your pain.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am

Smh I thought english football was taking over and here you have those who fear cultural leonesa beating Liverpool in both legs

dios mio
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 am

Valkyrja wrote:2 in a row is not for anybody, 3 is kinda impossible without the help of referees and incredible bias

/finished that thought for you, my love
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 am

Opposers acting like Adrian single-handedly did not cost us the tie and miss that (superhuman) Oblak kept them in the tie by the skin of their teeth. Good God he is amazing.

Not undeserved by Athleti but not happy we were not ruthless enough.

Congratulations to Atletico on progressing to a CL that will stop before the semi-finals anyway

*Rides off into sunset* 🚬
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am

"Adrian single-handedly cost us the tie"

Please.

Saul scored against Alisson.

What happened to the 10 outfield players that only managed 1 goal in 180 minutes? did they not cost you the tie?

What happened with a defense that let in so many chances? How did Llorente pull off the shot for the second goal between 3 defenders? Why did the right back back off and give him room to shoot for the 1st one?

Adrian was a scrub last night but the whole team lost. Super attacking Liverpool should manage more than 1 goal in a two legged tie before blaming their GK.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 am

This game was reminiscent of the 2016 match between Bayern and Atlético at Allianz. With one side completely dominating the attack and getting close multiple times to getting that winning goal, but Atlético scoring from one of their half chances. I'm sure Hans would elaborate further as his tears from that match are still not dried.

On that day, Pep and Bayern fans cried about the exact same things that Klopp and Liverpool fans are crying about now.

UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Bayatl10

Spoiler:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 am

How to beat Atletico in these situations

UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Tenor
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:49 am

danyjr wrote:This game was reminiscent of the 2016 match between Bayern and Atlético at Allianz. With one side completely dominating the attack and getting close multiple times to getting that winning goal, but Atlético scoring from one of their half chances. I'm sure Hans would elaborate further as his tears from that match are still not dried.

On that day, Pep and Bayern fans cried about the exact same things that Klopp and Liverpool fans are crying about now.

UCL R16 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool - Page 15 Bayatl10

Spoiler:

honestly I think we cried more about missing a penalty, and about our shit first half away performance, than whatever you're fantasizing about but go ahead
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 am

Graeme Souness wrote:"I accept you can play defensively and win games of football," said Souness. "What I didn't like about Atletico is that they defended really, really well to a man and they put their body on the line, time and time again - but you have to play a bit, haven't you, when you defend?!

"It's not just about hanging on the way they hung on. It's a very dangerous game to play. 99 times out of 100, they don't get that type of result going to Anfield. No, it's not a bad night for football, but this is nothing new from Madrid. They are struggling in their own league and they are not the team they were a few years ago.

"This man [Simeone] gets them playing a brand of football which has caused them to come up short many, many times. It's not a brand of football that I would enjoy or endorse. But it's been effective tonight. However, it has mostly been down to Liverpool not taking their chances. They rode their luck enormously tonight.

"I would never be in charge of a team that would want to play like that. If you are stuck with a group of players and you end up playing like that, you must say to yourself, 'we really have to be lucky every time we go out to play to play like that' - I think anyone going down that road and playing like that has to be a lucky manager - you have to say they were lucky tonight."
What a butthurt *bleep*. Imagine thinking getting to CL final twice and winning La Liga against Barcelona and Real Madrid is 'coming up short' Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:13 am

Firenze wrote:''I don't know why Atletico don't play proper football' - Klopp aims dig at Simeone's style after Champions League defeat'

assblasted

you absolutely love to see it

rofl 

Klopp and his team finally on a new role - sore looser.
That arrogance after the 1st leg cost them this game. They were over confident.

Good to see Pool fans coming up with all the "If Else" Theories... Laughing

Accept it. Simeone masterclass beats your so called historical team not once but twice in a span of two weeks time. With all the so called best defenders, midfielders and strikers, you are still blaming the goalkeeper for the loss.

BTW, this Athletico under Simeone really deserves a CL.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:28 pm

Nishankly wrote:
CBarca wrote:BTW, are Atletico players and fans allowed to "celebrate like they've won the final" now?

Good to see that blow back in Robertson's face

If only you lads had what it took to win a final.

What lads? There are zero Atleti fans on this forum! We are just happy to see pool get knocked out! We've had enough of this ‘best team in Europe’ and ‘ no one can stop us’
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:55 pm

danyjr wrote:
Graeme Souness wrote:"I accept you can play defensively and win games of football," said Souness. "What I didn't like about Atletico is that they defended really, really well to a man and they put their body on the line, time and time again - but you have to play a bit, haven't you, when you defend?!

"It's not just about hanging on the way they hung on. It's a very dangerous game to play. 99 times out of 100, they don't get that type of result going to Anfield. No, it's not a bad night for football, but this is nothing new from Madrid. They are struggling in their own league and they are not the team they were a few years ago.

"This man [Simeone] gets them playing a brand of football which has caused them to come up short many, many times. It's not a brand of football that I would enjoy or endorse. But it's been effective tonight. However, it has mostly been down to Liverpool not taking their chances. They rode their luck enormously tonight.

"I would never be in charge of a team that would want to play like that. If you are stuck with a group of players and you end up playing like that, you must say to yourself, 'we really have to be lucky every time we go out to play to play like that' - I think anyone going down that road and playing like that has to be a lucky manager - you have to say they were lucky tonight."
What a butthurt *bleep*. Imagine thinking getting to CL final twice and winning La Liga against Barcelona and Real Madrid is 'coming up short' Laughing

I don't see much wrong with what he said. The part about simeone being a lucky manager reeked of butthurt though. Its true he needs to play more offensively oriented in La Liga to kill the minnows.

I mean tbh they were stupid lucky against liverpool, shit goalkeeping and liverpool missed loads of chances.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:01 pm

If your fullbacks didn't put 4000 crosses into the box did you even play proper football though???
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
LA LIGA #1
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
CBarca wrote:BTW, are Atletico players and fans allowed to "celebrate like they've won the final" now?

Good to see that blow back in Robertson's face

If only you lads had what it took to win a final.

What lads? There are zero Atleti fans on this forum! We are just happy to see pool get knocked out! We've had enough of this ‘best team in Europe’ and ‘ no one can stop us’

That was directed at Spurs smh
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Jay29 wrote:
are you thinking that simeone set the team up thinking the other side will dominate the game have 35 shots but we will wait for the keeper to make 2 mistakes and then get a 3rd when liverpool have to push everyone forward.

He absolutely did.

He knew his team would come under extreme pressure because of the venue, the quality of opposition vs the quality of his own team, and the way Atletico tend to play. Defending the edge of their penalty area with everyone behind the ball = the game being played mostly in their own half, which in turn will lead to a lot of shots.

It's risky, but the context of the game plays a big part. Liverpool know they need to score and are playing a very defensive team, so they can't be so wasteful in front goal. Once they start to miss a few, the doubt creeps in. The longer they go without scoring, the more erratic the finishing becomes, and the more nervous the team becomes because they know one mistake could be the end.

This is prime-Mourinho stuff. Frustrate the opposition until they make a mistake, then seize on the mistake, while not making mistakes yourself. A style that requires a tonne of sacrifice but can and does work in these knockout scenarios.

Also, it's rich for Liverpool to criticise defensive tactics when last season's final was one of the most defensive and cagey finals in recent memory.
if a coach is willing to give up the ball and give away 35 shots at goal as a game plan then he is relying on a great deal of luck and if the coach is hoping for a good chunk of luck how can you say it's a master class. If Liverpool had Harry Kane up front last night the game would have finished 6-0 to Liverpool.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Also why does it hurt people's feeling so much that Liverpool are the best team in the world. Someone has to be the best and it just happens to be Liverpool now. In a few seasons it will be another team but for now it's us.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Unique wrote:Also why does it hurt people's feeling so much that Liverpool are the best team in the world. Someone has to be the best and it just happens to be Liverpool now. In a few seasons it will be another team but for now it's us.

You just conceded 3 goals at home and lost BOTH legs. Sit down and be quiet.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next