The Racism Thread

+35
Duronto-Roddur
Babun
S
Arquitecto
M99
sportsczy
Blue
Freeza
Pedram
Lex
Kick
Robespierre
Doc
Warrior
RealGunner
Zagadka
FennecFox7
Clutch
VivaStPauli
CBarca
Hapless_Hans
rincon
Adit
Nishankly
Vibe
Young Kaz
Myesyats
Thimmy
futbol_bill
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
The Demon of Carthage
El Gunner
Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:49 pm

He seems mentally challenged tbh

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Stone cold hook
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7943
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:06 pm

@Myesyats wrote:He seems mentally challenged tbh


I couldn’t help but notice his incredibly awkward body language. He looked less awkward when he was out cold on the ground Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11878
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Laughing


Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:03 pm

A study of us being products of our surroundings and environments. As funny as Chappelle's skit was, I honestly don't find this funny. This man has been indoctrinated and brainwashed. A cruel joke by the people that raised him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12683
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Blue Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:35 am

The Racism Thread - Page 39 8c479410


When did this become a thing? Where appreciating a culture become a bad thing, and discouraging it was in the name of anti racism?


Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2874
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:02 am

people are fucking stupid, scratch that people are stupid, yes, but Americans take stupidity to another level because it seems they have been the ones mostly complaining about it

i've said before on this forum, unless it is blatant mocking or insulting in a derogatory way, "cultural appropriation" is the most stupidest notion i've ever heard of
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19635
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 am

@Blue wrote:The Racism Thread - Page 39 8c479410


When did this become a thing? Where appreciating a culture become a bad thing, and discouraging it was in the name of anti racism?



The anti "appropriation" crowd is very small but loud, most people have not problem whatsoever with this and understanding the enrichment that comes from sharing things across cultures
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27198
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Twitter is a cesspoll in that matter, I doubt anyone would actually walk up to her on the street IRL and say "You're appropriating my culture". What people describe and say on social media is a distorted and vastly exaggarated version of reality which is at its finest in America it seems like. I mean, if you're eating African cuisine are you also appropriating the culture? It's not like they're taking their land.... anymore.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Also she referes to Africa as a "country" so there is that too Laughing


Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:23 pm

@Blue wrote:The Racism Thread - Page 39 8c479410


When did this become a thing? Where appreciating a culture become a bad thing, and discouraging it was in the name of anti racism?



I think it's important to understand where the anger is coming from. What's underneath. For African Americans, as always, it's about history.

Bantu knots are distinctly African and are worn with a sense of pride in being of African heritage, as are dread locks, sister locks and other iconic black hairstyles. And then the predominantly white fashion industry discovered it and used it for their own purposes, even renaming them "twisted mini buns". They completely erased its African history and white-washed it. That's not appreciation. That's absolutely appropriation. Some believe even to this day that the hairstyle was made famous by Bjork when it's been around since the 1500s. That's where so much of the anger comes from. Hairstyles are a big part of black women's identity and when white women, who dominate so much of the fashion scene already, wear those styles, the feeling is that very unique identity is being stolen from black women too. My partner is a black woman and she was very derisive of Adele for wearing this style. "We can't ever have anything for ourselves" is what she said. That sums up the frustration.

Now that said, I took a look at the Twitter trends on this and it's quite interesting. The only folks pissed off about this are largely African Americans. Native Africans actually are defending Adele's use and given the style originated there. They don't care that she's white. I think they'd celebrate anyone rocking something that represents their culture. She's wearing a bikini top with the Jamaican flag as well and Jamaicans are defending her for that too. The other group of black folks who are rallying around her are Black English people and that's because she grew up in Tottenham, a community well know for its sizable African population. She's considered one of them and if she wants to rock parts of their culture, they're going to back her. I liken this almost to a white girl growing up in the projects on the South Side of Chicago and then deciding to have her hair done like this. That community would probably support her because they know who she is and where she comes from. Her skin color wouldn't be as big a factor.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12683
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:11 pm

lol thats funny


Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:31 pm

@McLewis wrote:
@Blue wrote:The Racism Thread - Page 39 8c479410


When did this become a thing? Where appreciating a culture become a bad thing, and discouraging it was in the name of anti racism?



I think it's important to understand where the anger is coming from. What's underneath. For African Americans, as always, it's about history.

Bantu knots are distinctly African and are worn with a sense of pride in being of African heritage, as are dread locks, sister locks and other iconic black hairstyles. And then the predominantly white fashion industry discovered it and used it for their own purposes, even renaming them "twisted mini buns". They completely erased its African history and white-washed it. That's not appreciation. That's absolutely appropriation. Some believe even to this day that the hairstyle was made famous by Bjork when it's been around since the 1500s. That's where so much of the anger comes from. Hairstyles are a big part of black women's identity and when white women, who dominate so much of the fashion scene already, wear those styles, the feeling is that very unique identity is being stolen from black women too. My partner is a black woman and she was very derisive of Adele for wearing this style. "We can't ever have anything for ourselves" is what she said. That sums up the frustration.

yea McLewis, but that absolutely has nothing to do with Adele wearing them for one day at a cultural event in another country. Maybe Black Americans should stop wanting to get a pain in they ass everytime they see a white person, and think a bit more before they react.

"we can't have anything for ourselves" - blatant exaggeration and victimhood mentality 101. There's a lot of heritage/traditions/pride Black people still share amongst themselves all over the world. Like come to Africa and see, travel the world some, follow other nationalities over the internet and social media and learn more, read books from other countries, ya'know? I'm sure in America, Black Americans still have certain admirable cultures only they have in common.

And we live in a globalised world now, why would you be so against wanting to keep things just for yourself and not share with others.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19635
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:59 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@McLewis wrote:
@Blue wrote:The Racism Thread - Page 39 8c479410


When did this become a thing? Where appreciating a culture become a bad thing, and discouraging it was in the name of anti racism?



I think it's important to understand where the anger is coming from. What's underneath. For African Americans, as always, it's about history.

Bantu knots are distinctly African and are worn with a sense of pride in being of African heritage, as are dread locks, sister locks and other iconic black hairstyles. And then the predominantly white fashion industry discovered it and used it for their own purposes, even renaming them "twisted mini buns". They completely erased its African history and white-washed it. That's not appreciation. That's absolutely appropriation. Some believe even to this day that the hairstyle was made famous by Bjork when it's been around since the 1500s. That's where so much of the anger comes from. Hairstyles are a big part of black women's identity and when white women, who dominate so much of the fashion scene already, wear those styles, the feeling is that very unique identity is being stolen from black women too. My partner is a black woman and she was very derisive of Adele for wearing this style. "We can't ever have anything for ourselves" is what she said. That sums up the frustration.

yea McLewis, but that absolutely has nothing to do with Adele wearing them for one day at a cultural event in another country. Maybe Black Americans should stop wanting to get a pain in they ass everytime they see a white person, and think a bit more before they react.

"we can't have anything for ourselves" - blatant exaggeration and victimhood mentality 101. There's a lot of heritage/traditions/pride Black people still share amongst themselves all over the world. Like come to Africa and see, travel the world some, follow other nationalities over the internet and social media and learn more, read books from other countries, ya'know? I'm sure in America, Black Americans still have certain admirable cultures only they have in common.

And we live in a globalised world now, why would you be so against wanting to keep things just for yourself and not share with others.


For clarity, Cultural appropriation vs appreciation has never really been high on my list of racial grievances. It's too subjective.

What I will say is my partner said that not thinking about Adele's nationality, but purely her skin color. I mean this happens a lot here in the US. To the point it gets projected to white people everywhere. White girls see a black hair style (or nails, or clothes or whatever else) that is cool to them and they appropriate it under the guise of appreciating it. White boys have famously done this with rap music. They have no idea how rap music came about and where it comes from or the situations some of these rappers were in that inspired their lyrics. They just know it sounds dope. There's absolutely no context.

So yeah I take your point that the more global angle to this does not put us (Black americans) in the best light. I consider myself a bit more learned of black communities in other countries, but many people around me are not. They look at these issues through a far more narrow lens, which as you pointed out, is ironic given the message of overall global unity (think One Love) that often runs parallel.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12683
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:25 pm



Fuck around and find out Proud Proud

Pinkerton is killing white supremacists now? We have reached peak 2020.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:29 pm



Molenation Molenation

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Nike should make an ad about how their shoes are manufactured in asian countries

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:12 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Nike should make an ad about how their shoes are manufactured in asian countries


I actually thought you would agree with the video. It shows racism in Japanese society. Do you disagree with the premise?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Ambivalent. It's nice and all but I don't believe those ads ever have any impact and also the moral posturing is annoying when you literally have slave camps in the 3rd world.

I don't understand all the talk about Jews in the comments though. There's plenty of nazi propaganda down there, the usual "we fought the wrong enemy" stuff and plenty of "small hats, long noses" stuff which is again clearly aimed at jews, very confusing.

Is this because Japan was on the axis side in WW2? I'm not a fan of israel either but the amount of anti semitism in these comments is unreal and thats only the english ones. Can you shed a light on what the japanese comments say? I translated some of them and Koreans seem to also get a lot of heat.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Ambivalent. It's nice and all but I don't believe those ads ever have any impact and also the moral posturing is annoying when you literally have slave camps in the 3rd world.

I don't understand all the talk about Jews in the comments though. There's plenty of nazi propaganda down there, the usual "we fought the wrong enemy" stuff and plenty of "small hats, long noses" stuff which is again clearly aimed at jews, very confusing.

Is this because Japan was on the axis side in WW2? I'm not a fan of israel either but the amount of anti semitism in these comments is unreal and thats only the english ones. Can you shed a light on what the japanese comments say? I translated some of them and Koreans seem to also get a lot of heat.


Jews are attacked on every youtube video now from what I see. Nazis have to point out failures of themselves by blaming it on jews. Same way with Japanese that hate Koreans.

The Japanese comments are mostly stupidity. The same ones complaining down there are the main people cheering when Naomi Osaka wins. Its character failures.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:32 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:

Molenation Molenation

Child labour is the least of their wrongdoings (google Nike sweatshops for further reference):
https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/nike-is-facing-a-new-wave-of-anti-sweatshop-protests/

I don't buy anything Nike. Adidas and Puma weren't any better but they're improving (subcontractors' lists fully disclosed, they adhere to the minimum standard of the countries they produce and force their policies onto their subcontractors). Reebok has got the same shitty Korean subcontracters like Nike in China (child labour and exploitation). I don't buy anything from them either until they'll fix the issues.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7213
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:05 pm

At least with child labor you could make a reasonable argument that it's voluntary and these children would be working elsewhere and making better wages at it. It's no 100% evil.

Gotta draw the line at forced labor though, that is 100% evil:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-nike-lobbying-against-anti-china-bill-banning-import-of-products-made-by-forced-uyghur-labor
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27198
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:44 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:Jews are attacked on every youtube video now from what I see. Nazis have to point out failures of themselves by blaming it on jews. Same way with Japanese that hate Koreans.

The Japanese comments are mostly stupidity. The same ones complaining down there are the main people cheering when Naomi Osaka wins. Its character failures.

To be fair Nazis aside, Israel has been really making a lot of enemies in general lately. The Palestinian conflict etc. I think a couple years ago they attacked Poles too blaming us for the death camps and thus favorable views toward Jews are definitely not at an all-time high. Naturally we also need to separate government from the people.

The Korean-Japanese dynamic however remains a mystery. You guys are so alike it seems but historically it's been a bumpy ride and now there seems to be a lot of tension. I want to read more into that.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 pm

@Babun wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

Molenation Molenation

Child labour is the least of their wrongdoings (google Nike sweatshops for further reference):
https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/nike-is-facing-a-new-wave-of-anti-sweatshop-protests/

I don't buy anything Nike. Adidas and Puma weren't any better but they're improving (subcontractors' lists fully disclosed, they adhere to the minimum standard of the countries they produce and force their policies onto their subcontractors). Reebok has got the same shitty Korean subcontracters like Nike in China (child labour and exploitation). I don't buy anything from them either until they'll fix the issues.


This is besides the point. Nike made a good advert about Racism in Japan, and people got their panties twisted in a knot because they want their racism to remain(Japanese) or because they dont want people to attack the place that makes their shitty ass European worshipping Cartoons/Video games and Child Porn(everybody else mad about it).

The honest truth is to avoid everything made with Chinese exploitation would be to avoid EVERYTHING. China is the manufacturing plant of this earth now, and you wont avoid it any more than the African could avoid European Imperialism in the 20th century. You will use it whether you like it or not. Whether or not you buy Nike is of no consequence. You'll buy FIFA which pays for their likeness in the game. You'll support football teams in partnerships with them. You'll patronize business that is directly aligned with them. If you even WATCH the Bundesliga you are paying them. 1/3rd of that leagues team are sponsored by Nike alone.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:58 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Jews are attacked on every youtube video now from what I see. Nazis have to point out failures of themselves by blaming it on jews. Same way with Japanese that hate Koreans.

The Japanese comments are mostly stupidity. The same ones complaining down there are the main people cheering when Naomi Osaka wins. Its character failures.

To be fair Nazis aside, Israel has been really making a lot of enemies in general lately. The Palestinian conflict etc. I think a couple years ago they attacked Poles too blaming us for the death camps and thus favorable views toward Jews are definitely not at an all-time high. Naturally we also need to separate government from the people.

The Korean-Japanese dynamic however remains a mystery. You guys are so alike it seems but historically it's been a bumpy ride and now there seems to be a lot of tension. I want to read more into that.


Nazis aside Israel wouldnt exist at all. Nothing like genocide to kick peoples ass into gear to make(or take in their case) your own country. I wouldnt be shocked if Poland supported the death camps. Europeans have historically had a hate boner for the Jewish population. It wasnt just Germany/Austria and Italy.

The Korea thing is just cultural. I think I remember saying on here. My youngest sister was born during a difficult labor process, in which we seemed to be in a hospital waiting room for hours. When the doctor finally came out to speak to us my grandfather, with tears in his eyes, asked: "Tell me doctor, Will She hate koreans as much as he?" while pointing at me. Thank god she was ok and is my little homie now, but I never forgot that. I didnt hate Koreans, and honestly he didnt either(hopefully). It was just the expectation he placed on me based on culture. People fall into racism not by being full racists themselves, but just going along with the flow of cultural norms. Its just as bad as being actual racists in the end.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:47 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:Nazis aside Israel wouldnt exist at all. Nothing like genocide to kick peoples ass into gear to make(or take in their case) your own country. I wouldnt be shocked if Poland supported the death camps. Europeans have historically had a hate boner for the Jewish population. It wasnt just Germany/Austria and Italy.

The Korea thing is just cultural. I think I remember saying on here. My youngest sister was born during a difficult labor process, in which we seemed to be in a hospital waiting room for hours. When the doctor finally came out to speak to us my grandfather, with tears in his eyes, asked: "Tell me doctor, Will She hate koreans as much as he?" while pointing at me. Thank god she was ok and is my little homie now, but I never forgot that. I didnt hate Koreans, and honestly he didnt either(hopefully). It was just the expectation he placed on me based on culture. People fall into racism not by being full racists themselves, but just going along with the flow of cultural norms. Its just as bad as being actual racists in the end.

That's a bit of a stretch. Jews in poland were poles too and they were living peacefully together with other religions and nationalities. There was no widespread anti-jew movement. Besides jew-poles and regular poles were both thrown into death camps alongisde each other.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15602
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum