[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

+20
Harmonica
El Gunner
Arquitecto
alexjanosik
danyjr
futbol_bill
futbol
Warrior
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
Robespierre
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zenmaster
BarcaLearning
Vlad the Impaler
urbaNRoots
Thimmy
Doc
The Demon of Carthage
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which is more impressive?

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Empty Re: [Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

Post by alexjanosik Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:04 am

farfan wrote:Most posters here believe that Barça dominating Loliga is more impressive than the CL 3-peat, so you bet your ass they're gonna think the treble of trebles is more historic. Laughing

While the CL is the most prestigious club competition, there is no reason to diminish Barca's league achievements. We have dominated the toughest league on the planet for the past decade. A league which has 2 of the other top 3 teams on the planet. Just because Madrid have sucked donkey balls in La Liga doesnt diminish what we have managed to accomplish.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Empty Re: [Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:51 pm

danyjr wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Only the Kommander stands in their path.
I'd say the bald fraud is a bigger force in their path.

But how can one be a fraud if they are also considered an obstacle to get past hmm

Luckily i don't think City can beat them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:36 pm

No reason required for trolling :p
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
danyjr wrote:

But how can one be a fraud if they are also considered an obstacle to get past hmm

City is the best team in the world at this current stage. Whether they will ahead or not is not within our control or foresight but Juve are a team to be feared only when they play their squad to the best of their ability or more so, chemistry. As otherwise they can be disastrous and City have found their mark in all areas.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm

I simply don't trust City to be able to slow Messi down, i know Roma happened but in general since they last won it they have lost to teams who can stifle him.

I would be quite surprised if City are capable of that. Juve are the only team left who i really trust in doing that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Honestly, Barcelona have not been tested all season. Beating a mediocre Madrid is no feat, and they have played some extremely poor matches in La Liga too. Namely against Valencia and Athletic.

City on the other hand have passed all the big tests this season. They've beaten United, Spurs and Arsenal with ease. They dominated Chelsea every time they played and only struggled against Liverpool, and by that I mean they didn't manage to dominate them as they usually do while still winning at Etihad and drawing in Anfield.

City are far stronger than Barcelona at this very moment. I'm not surprised by the bookies odds at all.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:49 pm

danyjr wrote:Honestly, Barcelona have not been tested all season. Beating a mediocre Madrid is no feat, and they have played some extremely poor matches in La Liga too. Namely against Valencia and Athletic.

If we're doing this then City have lost to multiple bad teams this season lol.

Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Leicester etc etc, also Liverpool aside i wouldn't particularly call beating Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc particularly testing.

Also what you said has really nothing to do with what what I'm arguing, to beat Barca you have to slow down Messi and i fail to see how City are capable of doing that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm

danyjr wrote:Honestly, Barcelona have not been tested all season. Beating a mediocre Madrid is no feat, and they have played some extremely poor matches in La Liga too. Namely against Valencia and Athletic.

Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Leicester etc etc, also Liverpool aside i wouldn't particularly call beating Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc particularly testing.

Also what you said has really nothing to do with what what I'm arguing, to beat Barca you have to slow down Messi and i fail to see how City are capable of doing that.

+1
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 pm

I would say the 3peat of CLs tbh.
Merely on the surface that it hasn't been done yet, and no other team will probably come close to replicating it anytime soon. Trebles have been done before, and it is mostly the case because it is somewhat easier to win one's league and domestic competition than the CL (let alone once, let alone twice, but three times in a row), especially if there are only really two other teams who pose a real quality threat in your league every year, unlike in the EPL.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:52 pm

I think we «slowed down» Messi quite well, and we’ve struggled to contain the likes of Real Sociedad’s Willian José this season Laughing Messi’s contributions to Barcelona’s overall play is second to none, but unlike in the past, I never get that feeling that he’ll pull a goal out of his ass when Barcelona are playing against a team that don’t allow them to play their game.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Yeah but you also allowed space for Suarez and Dembele Laughing

If other teams do that they'll probably lose also.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Suarez can be dangerous, but you never know with him these days. Dembele is incredibly prone to giving away possession, and I think Barca are lucky that no counter-attacking team has exploited and punished them for it. I want to see a Barca vs City semi-final, so we can put these speculations to rest hmm Dembele is reportedly injured for up to a month, by the way.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I just want a Barca - Juve final because we've never had Messi vs Ronaldo in a CL final, I think it would cap of this decade nicely. Could probably also be a key component in the GOAT debate (even though Messi has that easily imo, but other people do still seem to have differing opinions)

And then they can fck off after, about time football moves on from them lol.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Not sure if serious.

Treble proves you're the best, cl that you're lucky, three cl's in a row that you're corrupt. They are like worlds apart, never mind something like treble of trebles.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm

I don’t believe such a final would mean anything in regard to altering people’s opinions between which player they think is better. Personally, I think it’s very evident that Messi has more natural talent for the game, and his ability to influence the play with his passing, movement and precise shots make him a joy to watch, even when none of it leads to actual goals.

Ronaldo has been comparatively less entertaining to watch after he lost his freekick proficiency, and later his explosive pace and dribbling. He’s no longer that flashy to look at. However, the way in which he utilizes his physical prowess and positional awareness towards the goal of deciding matches is absolutely brutal.

Messi is difficult to stop even if you know what he’s about to do. CR is less predictable, because he can do fuck all for 70 minutes, just to pop up and score a header out of absolutely nothing, using nothing but his athleticism and intelligent runs in and around the box. I don’t particularly care which one of them is «better», but they certainly don’t have much in common apart from their competitive instincts.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Of course it doesn't, just like the silly notion that Messi winning a WC means he's the GOAT.

He either is or he isn't one game doesn't change that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:I don’t believe such a final would mean anything in regard to altering people’s opinions between which player they think is better. Personally, I think it’s very evident that Messi has more natural talent for the game, and his ability to influence the play with his passing, movement and precise shots make him a joy to watch, even when none of it leads to actual goals.

Ronaldo has been comparatively less entertaining to watch after he lost his freekick proficiency, and later his explosive pace and dribbling. He’s no longer that flashy to look at. However, the way in which he utilizes his physical prowess and positional awareness towards the goal of deciding matches is absolutely brutal.

Messi is difficult to stop even if you know what he’s about to do. CR is less predictable, because he can do fuck all for 70 minutes, just to pop up and score a header out of absolutely nothing, using nothing but his athleticism and intelligent runs in and around the box. I don’t particularly care which one of them is «better», but they certainly don’t have much in common apart from their competitive instincts.

Of course.

But I meant for the people, for the masses, for the media. They will make a big deal out of it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, I’m sure they will. They do that when Messi or CR smash the likes of Rayo Vallecano, as well. Those kinds of articles attract views.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Didn't they already face each other in a final before?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:we've never had Messi vs Ronaldo in a CL final

Think again.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Case closed- Messi>Ronaldo.

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 CMfzZx9
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:39 pm

danyjr wrote:

I call him the bald fraud as well even though I rate him highly. It has nothing to do with his ability as a coach, it just sounds funny to me.

However, if he fails to win the CL this year, then I'll start calling him that and mean it. Dude hasn't won the CL ever since he divorced Messi in 2012. Time to win it again or be labeled a CL fraud.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I simply don't trust City to be able to slow Messi down, i know Roma happened but in general since they last won it they have lost to teams who can stifle him.

I would be quite surprised if City are capable of that. Juve are the only team left who i really trust in doing that.

If you know Laporte against Messi he has been amongst the best from La Liga in causing a lot of problems with Messi. Why? Not any particular reason bar the fact he is superb in closing out the usual channels Messi explores.

Juve will only succeed if Max retract into his cocoon as he is prone to do in such times of the year whilst Pep has found his mark with a squad of terrific depth, consistent defence and a world class attack.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Laporte Laughing Yeah I remember him getting booked every match he played against Barcelona for consistent fouling on Messi.

Nothing to do with "closing the channels" I'm afraid. I quite fancy him giving away a penalty should the two teams meet actually.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Myesyats wrote:Case closed- Messi>Ronaldo.

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 CMfzZx9

oh shit yea.
Messi with a hanging header that night, Proud they totally stifled Ronaldo and United
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 pm

City look good because they play in a fraud league. We went to Spurs' home and scored 4. We played with a bunch of kids in the return leg and still did not lose. English teams have no clue how to deal with possession and pressing. So no wonder Guardiola coasts there. Even a terrible squad like United's is winning left and right once they go out to attack. You think City will come at us and Arthur, Busquets, Messi will lose the ball because of it like Wigan or Newcastle? Laughing We'll do this to them as we did against his Bayern (which was much stronger).

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? - Page 2 Giphy

Imagine thinking Pep's bully tactics against poverty teams will work against us. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next