[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

+20
Harmonica
El Gunner
Arquitecto
alexjanosik
danyjr
futbol_bill
futbol
Warrior
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
Robespierre
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zenmaster
BarcaLearning
Vlad the Impaler
urbaNRoots
Thimmy
Doc
The Demon of Carthage
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which is more impressive?

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Vote_lcap55%[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Vote_lcap45%[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Empty [Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:02 am

Barça have already secured the double this year, and with PSG, Atlético, Madrid and Liverpool/Bayern already out from the CL, their chance of winning the treble is once again plausible. Only the Kommander stands in their path.

If they win the treble for a third time in 10 years, will it outweigh Madrid's 3-peat and 4 CLs?

In my opinion, it does. They are both fantastic achievements, but the treble of trebles seems to me more impressive than winning 3 CLs in a row and 4 in 5 years.

Now, give us your take and don't forget to cast a stone in the poll.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Empty Re: [Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

Post by Doc Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:21 am

Only treble that matters are the EPL ones.

Also, I don't know if either would fully eclipse the other. Barca fans/sympathizers would say what they want, Madrid fans/sympathizers would say what they want and it'll just be back and forth. Literally, only time would tell if such things would be remembered fondly because who knows what other future winners are in store.

Maybe City goes on to win 4 in a row or some other team accomplish greater things.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat? Empty Re: [Serious ]If Barça Wins the Treble of Trebles, Will it Eclipse Madrid's 3-peat?

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 am

I agree with DoC that the treble of trebles is more impressive. That doesn't take away from the grand accomplishment of a 3-peat, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 am

Both are impressive feats, I really don't know how you decide one is more impressive than the other. Neither has been done before, that I know of.

It just really highlights the dominance of Barcelona and Real Madrid. I have to say I'd like to see a different winner this year.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 am

Both are very impressive, but personally, I'd pick the treble of trebles because I think winning the league also shows a high level of consistency during the season, while UCL is based more on momentum, requires a different type of mentality and it is often heavily influenced by referee's decisions and by who gets the easier draws.

So, in other words, luck plays a bigger role than it does in the league. I'd be satisfied with any of them anyway. Both are great achievements, no doubt about that.

urbaNRoots wrote:It just really highlights the dominance of Barcelona and Real Madrid. I have to say I'd like to see a different winner this year.

Proud we all do
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am

Like this thread Very Happy Obviously Im going for the 3 trebles Very Happy As everyone said the reasons, not taking anything away Real's 4 in 5 achievement, main thing was if they did better in the league and h2h vs us.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:29 am

Both are impressive stats.

3 Treble is what i would desire.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am

What is incredibly impressive for me is the Barca treble and domination under Guardiola with lots of La Masia world class products. It also reminds me of Man United's class of 92. Seems to be harder and harder to boss European football with a core of players grown by the club's own academy.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:33 am

I mean only one of them has actually been done as of now Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:51 am

Most posters here believe that Barça dominating Loliga is more impressive than the CL 3-peat, so you bet your ass they're gonna think the treble of trebles is more historic. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 pm

I 'm ready to join me with Carles Puigdemont too if they win this Champions League, but it's impossible sadly
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Dominating La Liga isn’t necessarily impressive, but dominating both certainly is.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:25 pm

farfan wrote:Most posters here believe that Barça dominating Loliga is more impressive than the CL 3-peat, so you bet your ass they're gonna think the treble of trebles is more historic. Laughing

"most posters" lol

you mean nobody?

People argue that true domination is when you win both the leauge and CL at the same time. But 1 CL > 1 Liga, obviously. Nobody claims otherwise so don't put words in people's mouths, Farcefan.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Why are we taking about barca winning a treble? I'll be surprised if we make semis
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:
farfan wrote:Most posters here believe that Barça dominating Loliga is more impressive than the CL 3-peat, so you bet your ass they're gonna think the treble of trebles is more historic. Laughing

"most posters" lol

you mean nobody?

People argue that true domination is when you win both the leauge and CL at the same time. But 1 CL > 1 Liga, obviously. Nobody claims otherwise so don't put words in people's mouths, Farcefan.

The claim of consecutive league titles (regardless of CL form) being more impressive than multiple CL wins has been made here numerous times you clown. Just recently, many posters agreed with Pep when he insisted that Juventus and Bayern should be rated higher than Madrid because of their league domination.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why are we taking about barca winning a treble? I'll be surprised if we make semis

Don't underrate Lyon too , they are talented and black beast of big teams this year.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 pm

farfan wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

"most posters" lol

you mean nobody?

The claim of consecutive league titles (regardless of CL form) being more impressive than multiple CL wins has been made here numerous times you clown. Just recently, many posters agreed with Pep when he insisted that Juventus and Bayern should be rated higher than Madrid because of their league domination.

Barca fans would agree with Pep's comments cause he said "in the last decade":

Barca: 3x CL, 7x La Liga
Madrid: 4x CL, 2x La Liga

Even if we count 1 CL as 2 La Ligas, Barca still beats Madrid by and large.

Can't speak for Juve or Bayern fans. But you're the one who's a clown, that's for sure.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Real's achievement is more impressive imo. They won a 3peat with the same squad more or less which makes them legendary

A club =\= a team

What Barca may achieve as a club is very impressive, but all trebles were won with different teams. I think only Messi, Busquets and Piqué are still there from 2009.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Warrior wrote:Real's achievement is more impressive imo. They won a 3peat with the same squad more or less which makes them legendary

A club =\= a team

What Barca may achieve as a club is very impressive, but all trebles were won with different teams. I think only Messi, Busquets and Piqué are still there from 2009.

What "team"? Without Kommander Madrid wouldn't even go past Wolfsburg in one of those CL winning season, just like they didn't go past Ajax this season.

Imagine thinking Bale, Benzema, Kroos, Casemiro, Varane did something of note. rofl Last season they were the team that scored the most goals in consecutive games or something like that. Take away Kommander and they can only score 1 goal in 4 home games against Girona, Barca (2x), Ajax.

Pls.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool

Benzema 51
Bale 64
Bale 83

Even Karius helped them ffs it was great team work
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:49 pm

This kind of debate, my father is better than your father is kind of silly IMO.

The reality is these two clubs are the best in the world over the past 10 year without doubt. Hell, last year it could be argued that even Atletico was in the top 3 of world. One club obviously focuses more on liga and the other on CL. To win both requires almost two complete top caliber squads which is necessary because of exhausting schedule and injuries. Plus it is difficult to adequately staff that second squad in today's market. When the triple (meaning liga, CL and copa) is accomplished then by all means that team deserves lavish praise.  If one is talking about the string of Barca's ligas, that is impressive but I don't see the relevance of comparing to a string of CLs. Again both are notable, but does it really make that much of a difference to be considered #1 over a period of time or #2?

And regarding this year's CL, it's way too premature to assume Barca given City, Juve and Bayern / Liverpool still in competition.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:54 pm

I will laugh hard if we go out against Lyon tonight. Laughing DoC with DAT sneak jinx.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:25 pm

futbol wrote:I will laugh hard if we go out against Lyon tonight. Laughing DoC with DAT sneak jinx.

Easy 3-0 win for you guys imo. Ok maybe 3-1. Though a loss would have me go straight to "barca"forum and enjoy the lovely posts.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Only the Kommander stands in their path.
I'd say the bald fraud is a bigger force in their path.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:04 am

While the CL is the most prestigious club competition, there is no reason to diminish Barca's league achievements. We have dominated the toughest league on the planet for the past decade. A league which has 2 of the other top 3 teams on the planet. Just because Madrid have sucked donkey balls in La Liga doesnt diminish what we have managed to accomplish.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next