Transfer Window 2019-20

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Klopp: "Making the starting line-up better is difficult and very expensive, we don't have that money."

We have the money, the owners just don't want to cough up

BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Xherdan Shaqiri‘s role at Liverpool is expected to increase in 2019/20, with Jurgen Klopp “convinced” the winger is able to make up for a lack of signings.

Like a new signing
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Tbf if Shaqiri plays like he did in the 1st half of the season last year, and if Origi and Brewster step up I think we have enough depth tbh. Origi is sublime at CF, he isn't good at LW though, don't want him there ever again, let Shaqiri and if needed Ox be wings depth, and Origi/Brewster at CF

Klopp sees something special in Brewster and he would've played even last season if he wasn't injured, apparently in youth ranks Brewster was considered in the same pool of talents like Sancho and Odoi, so I have hope he will come good this season
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:17 pm

@BusterLfc wrote:Tbf if Shaqiri plays like he did in the 1st half of the season last year, and if Origi and Brewster step up I think we have enough depth tbh. Origi is sublime at CF, he isn't good at LW though, don't want him there ever again, let Shaqiri and if needed Ox be wings depth, and Origi/Brewster at CF

Klopp sees something special in Brewster and he would've played even last season if he wasn't injured, apparently in youth ranks Brewster was considered in the same pool of talents like Sancho and Odoi, so I have hope he will come good this season
Those are some very big ifs my friend. It would have been OK if we were gunning for top-four, but title challenge is a different game.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9270
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:36 pm

That's why I said if. I agree it would be better to sign a forward, but IF these players do actually step up, we might not need it. It's still a big gamble and it would be better to sign someone, but the gamble can pay off as well, and then we have a 200m+ warchest next summer. I think next summer Klopp is gunning for an elite level talent like Havertz or Sancho so we are saving the $$ now for a warchest and a shopping spree next summer hopefully. inb4 we sign no one next summer as well
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 pm

@iftikhar wrote:
@BusterLfc wrote:Tbf if Shaqiri plays like he did in the 1st half of the season last year, and if Origi and Brewster step up I think we have enough depth tbh. Origi is sublime at CF, he isn't good at LW though, don't want him there ever again, let Shaqiri and if needed Ox be wings depth, and Origi/Brewster at CF

Klopp sees something special in Brewster and he would've played even last season if he wasn't injured, apparently in youth ranks Brewster was considered in the same pool of talents like Sancho and Odoi, so I have hope he will come good this season
Those are some very big ifs my friend. It would have been OK if we were gunning for top-four, but title challenge is a different game.

Tbh we won the CL and lost the title by 1 point last season with these same players, and we didn't even have Ox and in-form Keita
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:45 pm

I can't name many players better than Shaqiri that would like to play second-fiddle to our front 3. I mean, last season Shaqiri almost didn't even play in the 2nd part of the season. Name me a better player than Shaqiri that would be willing to sit on the bench so much and be used as forward depth.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Shaqiri is good depth, but Origi is never going to be good enough to be our second striker option. Could have at least put a contract offer on the table for Sturridge rather than having only Origi as your back-up striker.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 17903
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:41 pm

@Art Morte wrote:Shaqiri is good depth, but Origi is never going to be good enough to be our second striker option. Could have at least put a contract offer on the table for Sturridge rather than having only Origi as your back-up striker.

I think Brewster is supposed to even become our 1st striker long-term

And Origi isn't some no-name scrub player from french 2nd league, he can hold up the ball good, press good and score crucial goals off the bench, he's a great super sub tbh. Origi was a legit talent and tearing it up for us before he got injured vs Everton by Funes Mori, he wasn't the same player afterwards, but he's still pretty young, I think he would become a Drogba-lite if injuries didn't mess him up
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm

City has spent 194m£ on fullbacks in last 2 years
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:57 pm

@BusterLfc wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:Shaqiri is good depth, but Origi is never going to be good enough to be our second striker option. Could have at least put a contract offer on the table for Sturridge rather than having only Origi as your back-up striker.

I think Brewster is supposed to even become our 1st striker long-term

And Origi isn't some no-name scrub player from french 2nd league, he can hold up the ball good, press good and score crucial goals off the bench, he's a great super sub tbh. Origi was a legit talent and tearing it up for us before he got injured vs Everton by Funes Mori, he wasn't the same player afterwards, but he's still pretty young, I think he would become a Drogba-lite if injuries didn't mess him up


Brewster is a teenager with no senior appearances to his name, maybe a League One team can count on someone like that to provide a few goals off the bench, but the defending Champions League winners should not.

Origi is good to have in your squad, but he shouldn't be the only senior striker option after Firmino. We have the best team in years and a real chance to win trophies, it's stupid to leave yourself short of striker options in this situation.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 17903
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by BusterLfc Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm

@Art Morte wrote:
@BusterLfc wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:Shaqiri is good depth, but Origi is never going to be good enough to be our second striker option. Could have at least put a contract offer on the table for Sturridge rather than having only Origi as your back-up striker.

I think Brewster is supposed to even become our 1st striker long-term

And Origi isn't some no-name scrub player from french 2nd league, he can hold up the ball good, press good and score crucial goals off the bench, he's a great super sub tbh. Origi was a legit talent and tearing it up for us before he got injured vs Everton by Funes Mori, he wasn't the same player afterwards, but he's still pretty young, I think he would become a Drogba-lite if injuries didn't mess him up


Brewster is a teenager with no senior appearances to his name, maybe a League One team can count on someone like that to provide a few goals off the bench, but the defending Champions League winners should not.

Origi is good to have in your squad, but he shouldn't be the only senior striker option after Firmino. We have the best team in years and a real chance to win trophies, it's stupid to leave yourself short of striker options in this situation.

Brewster would've had many appearances if he didn't have a terrible injury 1,5 years ago. Klopp said himself Brewster is a special talent. He was a part of senior squad last season too but was injured.

Sancho is a teenager as well, and I think anyone would take him in a heartbeat. His age doesn't mean he's not good enough. Arnold played a CL final at Brewster's age. Klopp's sublime with young players and if he sees something special in Brewster I think he should be given a chance
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by iftikhar Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Ended the window by selling Kent and Duncan. Razz

How do you rate our activity???

I'm still puzzled at why we were so inactive when there were so many spots to add some depth/cover.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9270
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by iftikhar Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:37 pm

An entire thread for freaking £1.3m window Razz.

Mods/Admins, why can't I edit the thread title??? Please change it to Transfer Window 2019-20.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9270
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by Kick Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Updated for you.

Not sure why you couldn't update it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34791
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Transfer Window 2019-20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Window 2019-20

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum