The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 36 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Thimmy Fri May 03, 2019 9:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:My general feeling has always been to buy the most talented players you can, as long as they fit the profile you need, and then let the manager get the best out of them.

The notion of getting hard-working but less talented players is a loser to me...

Ideally, you'd like both. But I'd always take talent first. You can't overcome a lack of talent.

I agree, but an abundance of talent unfortunately doesn't compensate for little to no dedication to a club, or to the profession.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 36 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Thimmy Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I have a serious question to those who have watched closely both of Militao and De Ligt. Who's better between the two?

I have watched De Ligt long enough to realize that the kid is quite talented and has the potential of becoming a top CB, but since I haven't watched Militao at all, I can't really say who's more talented between the two.

Do you think Madrid made a mistake by signing Militao and leaving De Ligt for Barça?

Like you, I've watched De Ligt a few times, and I think it's admirable how good he is. Especially, considering his age. I haven't watched a single Porto match in recent time, so I have no clue how good Militao is. I do like his aggressiveness, though (based purely on YT clips). I hope he won't be as reckless and undisciplined as Pepe once was for us.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:My general feeling has always been to buy the most talented players you can, as long as they fit the profile you need, and then let the manager get the best out of them.

The notion of getting hard-working but less talented players is a loser to me...

Ideally, you'd like both. But I'd always take talent first. You can't overcome a lack of talent.

I agree, but an abundance of talent unfortunately doesn't compensate for little to no dedication to a club, or to the profession.

i don't agree with your assessment. 2.5 year under Mourinho mostly doesn't erase the entirety of the rest of his career. That's just not looking farther than the tip of your nose...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Jovic for 60 millions is close to be done according to EuroUnited, and AS. I hope we announce it right away no time to waste

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Thank you Deez and Thimmy for your input. It's funny because 5 years ago Florentino would be murdering everybody to get to a guy like De Ligt. Now he seems to be content with the cheaper option. It's sad really, but let's hope this Militao dude has what it takes to blossom into a top CB.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 03, 2019 10:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

i don't agree with your assessment. 2.5 year under Mourinho mostly doesn't erase the entirety of the rest of his career. That's just not looking farther than the tip of your nose...

And why do you seem so eager to ignore the suckage fest he has been displaying under Ole as well?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 03, 2019 10:49 pm

We are not trying to sign De Ligt because it's clear he had a preference for barca, and the same was true for De Jong, some players you approach and then you find out really whether you have a shot at signing them, IMO. The chances that de Ligt is the consensus best CB for a generation are slim lol, within the next two years a better talent will emerge, it's always like that. I don't think he is the generational player people talk about
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2019 10:58 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

And why do you seem so eager to ignore the suckage fest he has been displaying under Ole as well?

He's been mostly great under Ole, that's why.... it's just that the opponents decided to choke Pogba off and allow the other Man U players to create + score. They can't do it. They'll keep choking Pogba off until the rest of the team makes them pay.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sat May 04, 2019 1:10 am

Jovic | Done Deal
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 04, 2019 1:57 am

sportsczy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

You're absolutely right, which is why I've started a petition to bring back Mourinho AND Arsenal and Barcelona's shining, Chilean star, Alexis Sanchez. With all three of them on board, we'll boast the greatest sportsmanship in football. My nose smells quality when my eyes don't see it! Personally, I'm a huge fan of players who can only be stopped by being marked, or by not being in the mood to run. We should build our team around such a player hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2019 2:17 am

Sanchez was absolute garbage for Barca.  Only time he showed anything on the big stage was with Arsenal...  a 4th place EPL team.  That's 3 good years at the age of 30. Never showed he belonged with an elite club during his career. Very good player for a team of Arsenal's caliber briefly.

You're comparing that to Pogba's career?  Really??? Even at Man U, there's no doubt he's elite. Let alone his Juve career. I won't even get to his NT stature.

You're comparing apples with oranges. Nice logic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 04, 2019 2:45 am

I guess I also compared Mourinho to Pogba. I also know how to write????

Sanchez was elite for Arsenal, there's no doubt about it. I'm sure we would've been interested in signing him, if we had been looking for a winger, at the time. He was also comparatively, far better for Barcelona than he is for Man United. The difference is in his dedication to performing well. If age decline has anything to do with his lackluster performances, I wouldn't be able to tell. He's still fast and mobile, he just doesn't put much effort into it. His contract lasts for another 2-3 years and he's the highest earner in the Premier League. Woodward has an eye for mercenaries. Which leads me to...

Pogba's performances took a steady dive after he got sent off against PSG. That was the last acceptably good performance I saw from him. It took another dive when he told the press that he wanted to play for Zidane, and that's when the entire team seemed to get hit by a moral collapse. He played like absolute shit when they got trashed by Everton. Snubbed the fans on his way off the pitch and left Ole and his team mates to apologize for the poor performance. He apologized at a press conference, the day after the match had ended, but has continued to play with disinterest since then. He's a self-centered, bitch. He wants to come to Madrid, which makes signing him easier, but his attitude is not a positive one, at all. He apologized for flirting with Madrid, as well.

Football pundit Alan Brazil admits he is 'confused' by Manchester United's current situation. He says 'Pogba is just sitting there, he's gone now, finished, out!'

That was last year. Then, he played well for a few games before regressing to his current form again. He's struggled with inconsistency, ever since he arrived at Man United, and I don't believe he had an issue with Mourinho during that entire time. I don't know how you can boil that all down to the quality of his team mates. It's his effort and attitude that is his problem, not the talent. I can't stress that enough.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2019 3:10 am

Sanchez was elite for a 4th place EPL team... and did absolutely nothing in CL for them.

And a lot of that was EPL hype.  He had a very good first season and great 3rd season.  He was fairly good (not great or elite) in his 2nd season at Arsenal and was sold in the winter of his 4th season.

So no...

And you're looking at football in term of a 1v1 sport... not a team sport.  Players don't play in a vacuum individually.  Even a player of the caliber of Messi has a hard time without elite teammates (see Argentina).  The key for great players that create for others or require service... is that they need the team around them to allow for their genius.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat May 04, 2019 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 04, 2019 3:11 am

NeganIsco wrote:Jovic | Done Deal

Yup, AS and many other sources reporting the deal is in the finalization stages and the fee will be 60m. 48m to go to Frankfurt and 12m to go to Benfica.

All the doubters of this deal: No PSG or Barca swooping in like you guys said, and it won't cost significantly more than 70m-80m like a lot of people thought.

This is an overall good deal (ability of player, cost and age of player), whether he is starting or playing alongside Benz, I like it. A goal against Chelsea the other day as well.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2019 3:14 am

Jovic is a very good buy even if it's a bit of a gamble. We need scorers in the worse way and he's definitely that.

Very good start to the mercato.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 04, 2019 3:18 am

Militao and Jovic so far, next is Hazard and we continue
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2019 4:00 am

Assuming we get Hazard for around 100 mil (forget what Chelsea is asking; they're trying to squeeze us; they can't keep him with their FFP issues; they need the cash).... we have a TON of money left for CM, LB and winger. We haven't even sold players yet.

I think we're well on our way to a very successful mercato.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 04, 2019 4:40 am

Talks with Jovic's agent -> Signed
Talks with Ndom's agent -> ?

My bet is he is the next to agree.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 04, 2019 4:42 am

Hmm, based on what I've seen, Jovic looks alright, doesn't necessarily impress me. May at least be a good squad addition.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 04, 2019 5:23 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
NeganIsco wrote:Jovic | Done Deal

All the doubters of this deal: No PSG or Barca swooping in like you guys said, and it won't cost significantly more than 70m-80m like a lot of people thought.

Ah yes, the famous PSG hijack, good times lol. Let's see what other PSG hijacks await...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 04, 2019 6:25 am

Glad we are getting things done early. Still need a RW more than anything
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Haven't seen any RW rumors if I am honest, not any credible ones anyway. And the RW market is pretty bleak, only Pepe really, unless you pay the big money for Salah.

I wonder if ZZ is betting on Asensio coming back to form when better players are around him, and while he waits just plays a Zidiamond with Benz and Jovic up top.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 04, 2019 3:14 pm

It's not even the fact that Asensio is in bad form it's the fact he goes missing and has openly stated he doesn't want to assume responsibility. Vini came on and was taking on players over and over. While with Asensio you just know he'll pass it back to someone else. He is weak physically and mentally. Pass, i have seen enough of him to know he is not starter quality
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 04, 2019 4:05 pm

I think we are likely to play Jovic, Benz, Vinicius with Hazard behind them and then 2 midfielders, Ndombele and Pogba or Erickson. Backups would be De Tomas flanked by Rodrygo and Lucas with Asensio the backup to Hazard and midfield backup of Casemiro and Valverde. Obviously a big drop in quality from starters to backups.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Vinicius Will start

We better sign a proper right winger or I'll throw a fit
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Lol, that makes two of you! You with no natural RW and Sports when they sign Eriksen instead of Pogba!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next