rincon
Firenze
iftikhar
Collblanc
48 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 Vote_lcap33%Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 Vote_lcap67%Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 18

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 am

"Get ready to comeback"?

that's not proper English is it

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus

Post by Unique Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:"Get ready to comeback"?

it looks like my english tbh. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Juve scottish fans are ready, with subtitles. is this globalization?  rofl

wtf did I just watch
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Juve scottish fans are ready, with subtitles. is this globalization? rofl

Scottish Juve fans rofl rofl

Probably like 9 of them only
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Great video, agreed in all Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:48 pm

It should read "get ready for a comeback" though using the "to" preposition doesn't make the sentence wrong, just a bit confusing. Most English teachers would tell you to change the "to".

Also, I see the JJ marketing is going strong, reaching Scotland now. Oof, signing Ronaldo really worked.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Technically "get ready to comeback" means "get ready to come back home empty handed like losers that you are", but that's none of my business.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Doc wrote:

It should read "get ready for a comeback" though using the "to" preposition doesn't make the sentence wrong, just a bit confusing. Most English teachers would tell you to change the "to".

Also, I see the JJ marketing is going strong, reaching Scotland now. Oof, signing Ronaldo really worked.

After "to", there should be a verb. Get ready to come back.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Juve scottish fans are ready, with subtitles. is this globalization? rofl

JJ really hired Tom and Cheese for this? Ooof that Ronaldo money left the actors budget all empty for them.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Warrior wrote:Great video, agreed in all Thumbs up

No, it's not. It makes me wanna find another team to suppport.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Cristiano in one of his increasingly rare statements that are fewer and fewer over the years given how little he speaks to the press and even then rather scripted in his thoughts.

But he does seem to have the right confidence and idea even if he used Juventus' cringe social media comeback campaign at the end.

Comebacks like this are more and more possible as the biggest in my mind is the return leg in Camp Nou vs AC Milan which ended up 4-2 agg. and the most recent comeback that haunts me to this day.

Juventus on the other hand have Allegri embroiled in his future position and is at a season where he clearly is not comfortable in his environment anymore given his apparent broken relation with Juve's very efficient board. Then within the space of the first leg to the coming fixture nothing substantial has been figured out on how to make their mark in the attacking end of the pitch as typical of Max he doubts any progress he makes in his system and resorts to a defensive shell to which ironically invites more pressure to his team and takes away from the attacking balance up front.

Then you have Juventus fans who are complaining of the ticket prices (still not even high as Premier League tickets) as if Calcio fans don't complain enough about everything in their sullen entitlement; to which they just rescinded their 'protest' for after the Champions League tie 'for the love of the jersey' which either makes me think they are fickle or just full of shit.

Nothing really states that they are even near a comeback given internally they seem more within a transitory point than anything and Max more involved with his own situation than truly mounting a comeback versus Atletico, to which he was close with vs Real Madrid last year.

See a 0-1 loss for Juve at home.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:53 am

Kaladin wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Juve scottish fans are ready, with subtitles. is this globalization?  rofl

1 Is @Tomwin Lannister
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:02 am

Kaladin wrote:

Still more fans in scotland than in turin :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

Banter aside, news for the match from our side:

Alex Sandro is suspended, De Sciglio, Khedira, Barzagli and Cuadrado are injured.

So the only 2 "fullbacks" available are Cancelo and Spinazzola. Douglas Costa should be available for his first match in a long time, so he should make the bench.

Last match against Udinese Allegri tried a 3-5-2 which worked wonderfully (Udinese's scrubness aside) and it is expected that he will go with a back 3 again since it fits our current state of the squad more.

Szczesny, Chiellini, Bonucci, Cancelo, Pjanic, Ronaldo and Mandzukic are absolutely starting. The rest of the spots depend on the system, fitness and the last training sessions.

Atletico has Partey and Costa suspended, while Filipe Luis and Lucas Hernandez are injured.

Sczcesny, Chiellini, Bonucci, Caceres, Bernardeschi, Matuidi, Pjanic, Can, Cancelo, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Oblak, Arias, Godin, Gimenez, Juanfran, Koke, Saul, Rodigo, Lemar, Griezmann, Morata

6-0 Juve :coffee:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:02 pm

I would pick Rugani over Caceres especially because he is far more dangerous at aerial duels and this could be a winning point for Juve against Atletico, considering how hard it is to break their defense with possession play. Set pieces could be the key aspect. And like I said last week, I would definitely go with a 3-5-2 for this game and it seems Allegri was already warming up for this last Friday vs Udinese. Thumbs up

And Bernardeschi has probably been Juve's best player in recent weeks, therefore he should also be part of Allegri's plan for tomorrow.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't know that Rugani is more dangerous than Caceres. Martin has always been good on in set pieces. Plus he was a fullback so he has that Barzagli role going on in the RCB and he was already Chiellini's and Bonucci's partner in crime for the back 3. I get why he would be preferred for this setup.

I don't like both Can and Matuidi in that lineup. I would prefer Spinazzola as LWB and Bernardeschi in the center, or Bernardeschi there on the wing but Dybala in the center for a midfielder.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Caceres is good at set pieces, of course. It's just that I remember Rugani being very dangerous almost every time I saw him playing. Almost every aerial ball was hit by Rugani, such a dominant presence in the opposition's box. After Mandzukic, he is probably the most dangerous with Chiellini. Even scored 2 goals this season. His passing game is also very good.

Not sure how accurate or relevant it is, but I checked some stats on WhoScored and Rugani has a much better percentage at aerial duels won than Caceres.

However, even though I would personally prefer Rugani, I can also get why Caceres would be the preferred choice for Allegri. Like you said, picking a player used to play as fullback, for the RCB position, can also be very helpful.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:57 pm

There was never a time in history where a Ronaldo hattrick was more obvious.

3-0 to Juve.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Yep, i can sense a Juve win here. CR is the joker card, if anyone can upturn this deficit its him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:13 pm

I expect Juve to get this, I'd be really surprised about the contrary
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Cristiano is not 28 anymore. I bet he won't score a single one. Quote me on this.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Serious delusion if anyone thinks Juventus will mount any sort of a comeback and if so their away goal will take such a chance away.

This isn't Frosinone in the Coppa Italia; its Atletico Madrid in the knockout stage of Champions League. An almost decade long experienced side who are experts in the arts of the knockout and defence let alone such expectations.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Serie A fans trying to justify a Juve comeback because they're used to their own teams just rolling over and being stomped by Juve. The signs were there months ago. I watched them in the groups and people like to discredit that as being irrelevant. This team is incredibly mediocre in almost every position. Where are the World Class players? Chiellini. It starts and ends there.

There was never any possibility of them beating an Atletico. And what's funny is that this Atletico don't even look good themselves.

The tie is over and I'll be in this thread throughout the match and afterwards making sure every Juventus fan is as miserable as possible.

Hala Atleti.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Also, this has nothing really to do with my rivalries with Juve posters on here over the years, but more so to do with the circus online (not just on GL) surrounding the CR7 transfer and Juventus fans actually thinking they were favourites for the CL this season. This is delicious.

Lost to Mourinho's United. Lost to Young Boys. Outclassed miserably the first real opposition you face.

the CR7 project is a failure. Just as the Higuain signing was. Because they were both signed to give you that CL edge and you're further away than ever before.

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 9 T0MTw2p
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Firenze fratello mio Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Serious delusion if anyone thinks Juventus will mount any sort of a comeback and if so their away goal will take such a chance away.

This isn't Frosinone in the Coppa Italia; its Atletico Madrid in the knockout stage of Champions League. An almost decade long experienced side who are experts in the arts of the knockout and defence let alone such expectations.

As much as I'd love a come back from Juve, I pretty much agree with Arquitescu about the difficulty of this 2nd leg and the expectations around it. Don't get me wrong, anything's possible in football, but if Juve actually does come back and qualify to the quarter finals, it's a surprise as big as United's shocking once in a decade overturn of the aggregate score against PSG. The problem is that Atletico is a team that can defend extremely well and every goal conceded against them matters a lot, weighs much heavier than you are used to. Usually, you don't really consider putting 3 or 4 past them in a match.

Both teams are solid, both teams are incredibly strong with excellent players. Don't mind Firenze saying Juve is a mediocre team or that Ateltico isn't actually that good. We're talking here about two of the greatest teams in the world. Juve does have the weapons to put up a fight, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them failing in qualifying further after tomorrow's match. The only team that I love is Man United, but I always liked Juve very much and had a soft spot for them since 2002-2003, so my hope is they'll give everything tomorrow, but I don't have high expectations regarding the final result.

Atletico Madrid is probably the team that should be most feared at the draws of any KO stage in UCL because in this competition nobody except Real Madrid could beat them in a two legged dispute for 6 years and the first occasion was a very close one, finishing 1-0 on agg. for Real Madrid. They got past Milan, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Barcelona twice. Also, Atleti was very close to winning two UCL's a few years ago and won a Primera. This team is not worse than a few years ago just because last season were unlucky to beat Qarabag twice.

In UCL you need a lot of luck. It depends a lot on the referee, on the number of injuries etc. So, who knows? An early red card and a penalty can change the situation drastically, but realistically speaking, it will be very very hard for Juventus to qualify.

P.S. On GL absolutely every team is shit, lol. No one's good, no one is elite.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next