Kaladin
Bellabong
Harmonica
25 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Laughing i think they are fun games, but they aren't something I'd put on the level of some of the MP stuff in PS3/360 generation.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:09 pm

I think i agree with that, you had LBP, CoD, RE5, Resistance, Burnout Paradis City (best car game ever made), Rockband/Guitar Hero, Portal 2, Borderlands, L4D etc
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Would you say this generation has better Single player games than last generation?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 pm

I played Gears for years Laughing i miss that multiplayer, skill gap was insane.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Kaladin wrote:Would you say this generation has better Single player games than last generation?

Yes IMO.

My ranking goes PS2> PS4 > PS3 > PS1

When i say this i mean generation, so PS2 means PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and so on.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:21 pm

PS2 > PS1 > PS4 > PS3
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Interesting, i think the quality of SP games nowadays might just inch out the PS2 era, albeit that console had some of the best experiences, MGS3, SOTC, Okami etc

Kinda conflicted, because GoW, RDR2, Witcher 3 these also gave me legendary experiences
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Kaladin wrote:Interesting, i think the quality of SP games nowadays might just inch out the PS2 era, albeit that console had some of the best experiences, MGS3, SOTC, Okami etc

Kinda conflicted, because GoW, RDR2, Witcher 3 these also gave me legendary experiences

I still have the ps2 gen on top because of the sheer amount of games, but this generation isn't over and if TLOU2, Cyberpunk, Ghost of Tsushima are as good as we expect I'm not ruling out it overtaking it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 pm

PS2 had so many great games, many more than the current one. Every big franchise had GOAT entries and the variety was huge.

The PS4 has gems and highlights, a big improvement over PS3, but not as many as back then.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Finally pulled trigger on the Jesus game, 29.91€ including all three released DLC's buying from the various key shops. Only had one problem, never buy from CJS-CDKEYS.COM, couldn't complete their checks and now my money is stuck there 4 days, they also leeched the most information.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Please don't support game key black markets, half the shit sold has been bought with stolen credit card information.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:07 pm

29€ or 67€, not really a tough choice is it?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Holy attention to detail. More you walk in mud puddles, faster you get dirtier visually, and less charisma you have with other people. :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Harmonica wrote:Holy attention to detail. More you walk in mud puddles, faster you get dirtier visually, and less charisma you have with other people. :bow:

The same feature is in Red Dead Redemption 2, although there’s no charisma stat. Your clothes also get dirty when you kill someone up close, skin animals, or walk through fire/explosions, to mention a few things. And bypassing NPCs comment on your dirtiness. If you’re covered in the blood of a dead animal, someone riding past you on their horse might say «Is that your blood.. or someone else’s?». Bullet holes also stay in your hat/clothes until you change them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Nice to hear that it too isn't one of these 95% milk games of today, excluding the online live service crapola that is certainly coming. In KCD you know shit at the beginning, you don't know to ride properly, how to even read and everything is just gibberish. One thing this game needs though is a shitting animation, or sound because you can sit at the throne and even read a book while you're at it. Well maybe after modding tools are released we get the Immersive Shitting or something.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

The online portion will definitely have micro-transactions, but the core game is brilliant - the type of quality people have come to expect from Rockstar. I'm sure the game will get some sweet mods, once it gets released on PC. Personally, I just wish the game had more polished gunplay. I've never been a fan of the gunplay in Rockstar's games, and I'm mildly upset that they didn't improve on that in RDR2, considering how much effort they put into polishing and detailing everything else.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah they've probably put more effort in updating their open world formula and overall attention to detail in this game than any of their games since San Andreas.

That's without mentioning the praise I'd hand down to their story and character development.

I would agree with Thimmy on the gunplay even if i still enjoy some aspects of it, but in general it's very impressive in a lot of ways.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah they've probably put more effort in updating their open world formula and overall attention to detail in this game than any of their games since San Andreas.

That's without mentioning the praise I'd hand down to their story and character development.

I would agree with Thimmy on the gunplay even if i still enjoy some aspects of it, but in general it's very impressive in a lot of ways.

I think the gunplay is fun, but that's despite how clunky and dated it is. The enemy AI and quality of the open world somewhat compensates for how underwhelming it is, from what I can tell. It just isn't as smooth and responsive as I would have ideally wanted it to be. I kept auto lock-on activated, because I just can't seem to be able to optimize the manual aim settings. It would've enriched my experience if I could aim properly without having to rely on lock-on to the extent that I have been doing so.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:06 am

Well gunplay is always arcade on a gamepad, it cannot be fixed. I'm sure it'll be fine with PC-version if they ever release one.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 am

Harmonica wrote:Well gunplay is always arcade on a gamepad, it cannot be fixed. I'm sure it'll be fine with PC-version if they ever release one.

Aiming and maneuvering will always be better on PC, but I think console developers "dumb down" their control settings because the average console gamer can't control settings that allow for controllers/gamepads to become somewhat comparable to the aim proficiency of a mouse and keyboard. I recorded the clip below after taking a break from Call of Duty, and my aim was not at it's best, but the control settings of that game just allowed for a much smoother, responsive and more accurate performance than the vast majority of shooters on console, which all seem to have really restrictive sensitivity options. Sensitivity setting 10 in the older Call of Duty games is basically the default setting when using a mouse on PC. Most shooter games on console only allow a max setting of 4-5.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:05 am

I kind of miss Gunz on PC. I had a lot of fun playing that game, but I think I've gotten too old, and my senses have gotten too dull to be anywhere near competitive in that game now. I'd be surprised if it even exists anymore, now that I think about it Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:06 am

Gunz was one of the first online games I ever played. Me and a few friends played that in like..2004? 2005? for a few months. Riddled with cheaters, but game was very fun. I was pretty good at it.

I think someone brought it up elsewhere a few months ago and I looked into it Thimmy, seems like it had a sequel of sorts that kinda flopped a few years ago and faded away or is still alive but barely.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:34 am

Firenze wrote:Gunz was one of the first online games I ever played. Me and a few friends played that in like..2004? 2005? for a few months. Riddled with cheaters, but game was very fun. I was pretty good at it.

I think someone brought it up elsewhere a few months ago and I looked into it Thimmy, seems like it had a sequel of sorts that kinda flopped a few years ago and faded away or is still alive but barely.

I honestly don't remember encountering any blatant cheaters in the game. It was damn hard to master that butterfly move, though. I could do, like, 5 of them, and there were people who could do 6 or 7, which seemed physically impossible to me. Those people might have been cheaters, but I was never able to confirm it. Maybe there's just a trick to it that I wasn't aware of. One of the most satisfying ways to win in that game, was to intentionally use the shittiest, low level swords/shotguns and beat players with stacked gear Proud

Watching this was nostalgic as hell. It also reminds me why my room mate in college referred to it as "the ADHD game" Laughing

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Seems that KCD is little too much for GTX1070. Downloaded FPSmonitor and I get about 40fps average with very high 1440p. GPU almost always at 100% and 2500k@4,4 sometimes all four cores at 100% depending the scene. I'll be upgrading to Zen 2 in spring, but might spend about 250€ on min 1080ti upgrade before that.

General Games Discussion - Page 9 Index
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 pm

https://wccftech.com/epic-games-store-taking-fight-steam/

Don't know how I feel about multiple strores. Would hate to have 10 different stores just to play different games. But at the same time, price competition is good, and maybe steam will fucking scale back on their hundred different backround processes.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Dany get your wallet ready.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor