VanDeezNuts
CBarca
Blue
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst - Page 2 Empty Re: Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst

Post by zigra Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Harmonica wrote:
CBarca wrote:I mean, I agree Messi 14 was underrated, but every time I read the words "advanced the ball" as a statistic some part of me dies
Well dribbling is the only way of player advancing the game individually. Dribbling one player, you have one opponent less between ball and the goal. Otherwise it's just team dynamic which advances the game. Dribbling, or advancing the game individually is the reason why Hazard is 200M player, because in goal scoring he certainly isn't one.

It's a combination of an individual action (the pass) and team dynamic. You make it sound like playing the pass is not an actual skill. Simply wrong and not taking passing into account is horrible if you actually want to talk about a players quality / performance.

That being said i actually agree that Modric wasn't all that.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst - Page 2 Empty Re: Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst

Post by Harmonica Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:00 pm

zigra wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
CBarca wrote:I mean, I agree Messi 14 was underrated, but every time I read the words "advanced the ball" as a statistic some part of me dies
Well dribbling is the only way of player advancing the game individually. Dribbling one player, you have one opponent less between ball and the goal. Otherwise it's just team dynamic which advances the game. Dribbling, or advancing the game individually is the reason why Hazard is 200M player, because in goal scoring he certainly isn't one.

It's a combination of an individual action (the pass) and team dynamic. You make it sound like playing the pass is not an actual skill. Simply wrong and not taking passing into account is horrible if you actually want to talk about a players quality / performance.

That being said i actually agree that Modric wasn't all that.
Yeah, that was probably badly worded, but I meant that dribbling is the only skill where you don't need team dynamic, to the advance game. Pass always needs a team mate to be able to receive it, if the pass is easy and dangerous, it means that your team dynamic is probably better in relation, to where you need quality pass to achieve the same danger. In "great chances created" are the passes that have led to dangerous situations, and Modric passes weren't all that.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2