Warrior
Mr Nick09
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JUVE AMBIZIONE - Page 2 Empty Re: JUVE AMBIZIONE

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Luca wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:I still struggle to see how Juve will incorporate both CR and Dybala in their starting 11

May I ask why?

because both are used to playing besides a striker / target man, or you think that CR once transferred to Juve is automatically a CF ?

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:11 pm

My goal is not to kill the vibe for my J-brothers because of cynism. I am 100% behind the club. FORZA JUVE

Always been reluctant to big changes in every aspect of life. But i remain open to be proven wrong.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Luca wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:I still struggle to see how Juve will incorporate both CR and Dybala in their starting 11

May I ask why?

because both are used to playing besides a striker / target man, or you think that CR once transferred to Juve is automatically a CF ?

Fair enough. Well, we could always use the 3 of Ronaldo-Higuain-Dybala.

It’s just too soon to tell. We have a lot of options in attack, perhaps too many

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 pm

We should sell dybala and resign amauri so he can finally prove that, if actually on a decent team, he's the balon d'or candidate we thought he was all those years ago
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:We'll see if anything really changes. Jjuve have won Serie A for so many times in a row now that keeping that streak going says nothing. Can Ronaldo elevate this team to win the CL? I kinda doubt it.

Why not? They've been to a final without him lol.

They have - and they have declined since then, imo.

You could also argue that it wasn't their attack they needed to splash 100m on - but that's perhaps beside the point.

I just don't think Jjuve signing a 33-year-old Ronaldo necessarily makes them significantly better.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Declined since 2017? Good to know Proud

This was our starting 11 for the 2017 final:

JUVE AMBIZIONE - Page 2 300px-Juventus_vs_Real_Madrid_2017-06-03.svg

Our starting 11 now, perhaps:

Ronaldo-Dybala-Douglas Costa
Matuidi-Emre Can-Pjanic
Alex Sandro-Chiellini-Benatia-Cancelo
Szczesny

Even with "33 year old Ronaldo"- lets not pretend that he's not a 40 goal per season scorer still but if the redundancy of listing his age as a detractor suits your needs, then by all means, this team is significantly younger than in 2017 and has more depth on the bench.

Our starting 11 right now is significantly better than 2017.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

There hasn't been a significant difference between that team which lost to Madrid and now tbh.

Bonucci and Buffon maybe? The rest of the key players are still there and they've added some good players since.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:21 pm

There are major differences. Buffon, Bonucci, Dani Alves [who was trash that season anyways], are not with the team anymore.

Dybala had his most prolific season last season with Juventus.
Barzagli no longer starts.
Mandzukic is no longer a sure starter.
Higuain is now no longer a sure starter with Cristiano Ronaldo.
Khedira is no longer a sure starter.

Our bench on the day of the final:
Cuadrado as our [literally] only attacking option with Pjaca being out for the season that year.

Now our bench options will include:
Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, potentially Douglas Costa/Dybala/Higuain if my proposed 11 is assumed.

Were younger and better with Ronaldo, were talking about a striker that has outscored our team in the CL over the last decade

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:We'll see if anything really changes. Jjuve have won Serie A for so many times in a row now that keeping that streak going says nothing. Can Ronaldo elevate this team to win the CL? I kinda doubt it.

Why not? They've been to a final without him lol.

They have - and they have declined since then, imo.

You could also argue that it wasn't their attack they needed to splash 100m on - but that's perhaps beside the point.

I just don't think Jjuve signing a 33-year-old Ronaldo necessarily makes them significantly better.

Steve Mcmanaman is that you ?! hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Dat punditry Proud
(This was 3 days ago)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Gab Marcotti, like Nick, took the L nicely and as usual, ESPN insists on looking down on Serie A teams. Not that they have proven them wrong consistently but still, they insist on that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Didn't see many people bringing up Ronaldos age until he moved lmao

The thing people seem to forget about age, is that it's only a bad thing because with age comes the physical decline. Old age on it's own is completely and utterly irrelevant here.

Ronaldo is clearly significantly more athletic than most players in their 20's so i'm failing to see how it's relevant at all. Not to mention every signing doesn't have to be a football manager-esque 'let's buy a kid and play him for 15 years' deal. The short term is important too. Funnily enough planning for the future alone doesn't do jack shit for the present AKA the period fans actually spend money to witness.

I also fail to see how Ronaldo won't potentially elevate us to a CL. Ronaldo is the exact thing we've been missing on paper

In the CL, we've been notoriously low scorers. Our strikers aren't remotely prolific in the CL and we go and not only sign the best CL goalscorer ever, we also take him away from a club that, under his influence, knocked us out last year and also stopped us in a CL final.

Are people just wanting potential hipster cred if he somehow flops? The anti-Ronaldo arguments here are absolutely appalling. Nonsensical.

And last but not least, the notion we're going to 'gut the team' to accommodate him is ridiculous.

Yeah we'll get Ronaldo and pair him up with an increasingly worse team. I'm sure that's our master plan after years of our new management being cautious they've just had a collective brain haemorrhage and I'm sure Ronaldo jumped at the chance to play for a team that in 2020 would finish 4th in the league without him. We've been turning a profit lately. Yes, an actual profit. That's how tight we've been.

Now all of a sudden a 100M transfer (Which will almost certainly be fully covered by sales of players we do not need in the slightest) over 2 years may I add, and a wage bill that every credible source and their mothers are reporting will be spread around using other businesses under Agnelli control is going to leave us destitute? No. No it isn't.

Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 pm

This is a signing to harmonize relations between GL Jjuve and GL Madrid after a major rough patch. Ronaldo noticed this and then his agent told him Firenze would also join hands with S so Ronaldo went ahead with this.

Molenation
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Ronaldo's age and decline has been brought up ever since he crossed 30 (shit, since 28 really). The Jjuve council has a lot of catching up to do with respect to defending the man, good luck, God speed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Doc wrote:Ronaldo's age and decline has been brought up ever since he crossed 30 (shit, since 28 really). The Jjuve council has a lot of catching up to do with respect to defending the man, good luck, God speed.

Maybe by the madrid fans that somehow boo'd him or Messi fanboys looking to prove some weird point. But I've certainly never seen so many fans that aren't tied to Ronaldo, Madrid, Juve or Messi talk about his age but now straight after moving he's a cripple that will be dead on his feet.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Doc wrote:Ronaldo's age and decline has been brought up ever since he crossed 30 (shit, since 28 really). The Jjuve council has a lot of catching up to do with respect to defending the man, good luck, God speed.

Maybe by the madrid fans that somehow boo'd him or Messi fanboys looking to prove some weird point. But I've certainly never seen so many fans that aren't tied to Ronaldo, Madrid, Juve or Messi talk about his age but now straight after moving he's a cripple that will be dead on his feet.

Well, we've talked about his age for years. Didn't even expect him to last this long, so I'll shut up once he stops adapting to his declining physique.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm

As well as Juventus' stock price going up 20% with the signing of Ronaldo, he has also notably boosted Juve's social media platforms: Instagram: + 1.4m, Twitter: + 1.1m and Facebook: + 500k. Meanwhile, Real Madrid lost 1,000,000 followers in 24 hours when it was announced Cristiano Ronaldo had left.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Strange nobody is bringing up he's playing in Serie A now which automatically means he's actually 25 IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Luca wrote:As well as Juventus' stock price going up 20% with the signing of Ronaldo, he has also notably boosted Juve's social media platforms: Instagram: + 1.4m, Twitter: + 1.1m and Facebook: + 500k. Meanwhile, Real Madrid lost 1,000,000 followers in 24 hours when it was announced Cristiano Ronaldo had left.

Is a 1% increase that drastic hmm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Well, you wouldn't care for such articles and talk because up until now, it had nothing to do with Juventus. But his age has always been a talking point like he is the only player to ever age for a good while. A lot of his detractors and regular commentators seem to be patiently waiting on his decline and cannot wait to say "see, I told you he was declining" and the man is just not letting up.

It's not just Madrid fans booing him (which he deserved at the time) or Messi fan boys. It's La Liga commentators, writers, shows, etc. His age has been a talking point for a while. Not the first it's being brought up, not to me anyway.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Well yeah like I said they're tied to the league, club, player whatever.

But it certainly wasn't a bunch of *Insert fans of west ham or some other completely unconnected club here* talking about it like it is now in public, over social media etc. Now everybody is crawling out of the woodwork to talk about the perils of buying a 33 year old player where these very same people before were wanking to his CL goals as neutrals every season.

Naturally people connected to Ronaldo and his club would talk about everything Ronaldo. It's the neutrals chiming in about age that baffles me. Not just on GL either, everywhere.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

The age factor should always be taken into account when assessing a player. Under normal circumstances, I would laugh until I tear up at whoever buys a 33-year-old for 100m.

However, this is Ronaldo we're talking about. He's biologically 23 and the only thinkg he lost with age is his speed. Nothing else. Nothing.

His killer instinct and world class positioning is second to none. He's still the complete player who terrorized Europe while wearing the white of Madrid. His heading is top notch, his shooting is absolutely phenomenal. No player comes close to the power of his thundering shots. He's still amazing with both feet and can easily win you games on his own with his godly scoring abilities.

Ronaldo is an exceptional case and individual to which the age factor doesn't apply.

He's the best thing that has happened to Juventus for a very, very, very long time. If you know how to get the best out of him and give him freedom to do whatever he likes on the pitch, he'll bring you the gold.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Selling a 5-time Ballon d'Or winner, a 5-time CL winner and a marketing goldmine for 100m. What a *bleep* idiot Perez can be sometimes.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Selling a 5-time Ballon d'Or winner, a 5-time CL winner and a marketing goldmine for 100m. What a *bleep* idiot Perez can be sometimes.

I suppose out of respect he didn't want to get in the way of Cristiano leaving by asking for an unreasonable amount that would cause Juve problems.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:26 pm

Serious question, might come off as noobish...

But what is it that has kept Juve in dominance for SEVEN league titles now? They don't have a unique player like Barca do in Messi, that can keep a team like R. Madrid from losing the league. (not going to happen in a long while once Messi retires imo, no jinx plz)

This year they do though, so it should come as no surprise that Juve are going to extend that seven to a 8. But what made them so much superior in the other years? They've had a mediocre team. Nobody is really "the best" in his position lol. Maybe Buffon, but that's it.

Keep in mind this is the same Juve that played in Serie B but bounced back like it was nothing!

Notable players they have had: Paul Pogba... then Buffon
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm

A better team than the competition. I think we had the best squad in 6/7 of those seasons. Napoli is not meant to be a team that pushes us in a Scudetto race but they have because they have had an amazing generation of players but also because Milan and Inter, the two main rivals of Juventus in Serie A have had a down period [bar Milan in year 1 of Juventus' current 7 win streak].

Point two would be defence. Teams win trophies from the back to front in league play. Our defense of Chiellini, Barzagali and Bonucci was the staple for many of those years. We don't concede easily in Serie A. Our managers in this time: Conte and Allegri. It is known where there emphasis is placed.

Our new stadium which opened 7 seasons ago has been a fortress. We will lose 1-2 home games per season, virtually none in the Champions League even. It has been a source of strength for sure.

Complacency. It's something Juventus never has and it is even demonstrative of how we approach the transfer market every summer. What big team turns over more players but also stays competitive? Where other Italian teams have flat lined and have been defined by a lack of resources, mismanagement and a string of bad decisions, Juventus has been the opposite.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next