Luca
salmano9
lucianomoggi
juve_gigi
juvealbanian
20 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 20 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:25 pm

one last opportunity to salute the guy with this timeless classic moment

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 20 Giphy

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 20 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by Luca Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Respect @Hans

Both halves of this numpty duo of Morata-Sturaro have moved on ffs. Unbelievable

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:30 pm

I wonder what the hell happened to Sturaro in his time here. He was good and then his technique progressively got worse.

Good luck to him in Sporting, hope he rediscovers his football.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

rincon wrote:I wonder what the hell happened to Sturaro in his time here.

He met Lord Hernanes :bow:

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:18 pm

What a legend ffs, he failed his medicals rofl

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm

I think we are already good for Serie A but I think UCL needs more effort, and SMS is a good one even though you never know who wins it but still you raise your chances by raising the quality of the squad

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Too much emphasis on our midfield being below average these days. Our midfield has let us down very infrequently over the last two seasons, there are only a handful of matches that stand out:

Juventus vs. Tottenham 2-2 (winnable match surely, we invited the press and could not play out of the back or relieve the pressure well, adjusted and won the tie)
Juventus vs. Real Madrid 0-3 (no Pjanic, got relatively destroyed. Game was really done at the Dybala red card in the 60-odd minute. We had Pjanic back for the return, adjusted and won 3-1)
Juventus vs. Napoli 0-1 (we were outplayed from start to finish, we could not live with their press. Still, we were 20 seconds from a draw)

The only thing I truthfully dislike about our midfield is the dependence on Pjanic. We did not necessarily need a Sergej or Pogba type of signing in the midfield with how the rest of our team shaped up but I think we could have done well with a Barella/Paredes/Pellegrini type of player. Technically, we have this in Marchisio and perhaps in Bentancur, but the latter has not been a factor for years now and the former is quite raw.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 am

Juventus are currently working on contract renewals for Miralem Pjanic, Alex Sandro & Daniele Rugani. #GdS
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 am

juventus has done good with Marchisio he should have been transfered long time ago as he was never good enough for Juventus to take such an imortant role (Box-to-box) and we could easy keep players like Vidal, Pogba, for that role who both was better level

Pjanic would also be a smart decision to sell, because we no longer need a deep playmaker, those days are gone for a moment

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:41 pm

So basically our mercato has been 1 out 1 in

Buffon 40 <--> Perin 25
Asamoah 29 <--> Spinazzola 25
Marchisio 32 <--> Can 24
Lichtsteiner 34 <--> Cancelo 24
Caldara 24 <--> Bonucci 31
Higuain 30/31 <--> Ronaldo 33

Sturaro - redundant

9.5/10 for me. Would have been a perfect 10 had we signed a better midfielder than Can. Best window in the Marotta era imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:51 pm

The Ronaldo signing alone makes this window a 10/10. We stepped up in a way many of us thought impossible. We shattered our wage structure, we made our own record signing and we really made a statement with this signing.

There seems to be a different energy around the club this season. We were firmly in B+ territory but are easily in A+ now, the unfortunate collateral damage being Caldara and Higuain but you can't simply spend without making sacrifices and there are only so many places available on the team, during games and through the season.

Objective CL starts tomorrow Molenation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm liking some of these youth signings we're making in the final days. I really like this idea of having a Juventus B team playing in Serie C. I think that will be helpful for players that are too old for the primavera and not having to put them on loan.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:12 pm

So we are going into the season with only 5 midfielders? We had 6 last year. Is there a primavera player I'm not aware of that is making this team?
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 pm

It probably means a few things:

-We are sold on Emre Can playing a big role
-Bigger role for Bentancur
-Two man midfield more often than not

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Bernardeschi will play CM i think so it makes 6. Not gonna complain.

Chan must improve his defensive awareness and become a pitbull like Vidal was. We need him to become "Juve starter" quality and in my mind he never proved that... yet ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:27 pm

You have to remember that Khedira has been a Juventus starter for three seasons. In my mind, Can has never been worse than good lad Sami Khedira.

And you're right, it opens the door for Bernardeschi/Douglas Costa (read about him playing an unorthodox role in a recent training match), to see more minutes in more 'creative' ways.

We just have to trust Max here and prepare for Khedira in 35+ matches

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:57 pm

We all agree that Khedira is finished. Doesn't mean that Can has been better than Khedira has been. He was a great player for us at some point. An even better player than that when he was younger too. Can hasn't proven that he is better pre-finished Sami.

Of course I think he is better than the current version of Khedira, and hope that he will grow into the player Liverpool believed he could be.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:11 am

Perhaps I was too harsh on Khedira, he is unfairly scapegoated in many instances.

The Juventus hierarchy is big on Emre Can for whatever reason, and even on a free, we've invested in him with a sizable contract after a lengthy period of interest to sign him.

I'm hoping for the best, we really need him to be a big player for us

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:19 am

Khedira was good in first 2 seasons but last season he was a calamity, did nothing from november to may. If we can manage his stamina he can be a useful sub, with Marchisio gone we need some football IQ off the bench.

Emre Can was always going to be Khedira's replacement (he wasn't free btw Juve had to pay a 16 millions fee) my big problem is we did not fill the hole from the MY7H season. Just compensate on Khedira's downgrade with someone arguably worse.

But as i said before, i enter this season with the most optimistic expectations. At this time i put aside my emotions about Marchisio and Buffon & i put aside my concerns about the midfield and Ronaldo's impact on our near future, his will to (individually) succeed can give the squad an unreal boost in crucial games.

Season starts tomorrow. We officially aim for the treble, let's do it ffs. FORZA JUVE
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

Barella played yesterday next to Verratti and Jorginho. Looks the part, acts the part, has the class needed to understand those two. They connected much better than any other midfielders in the NT in the new generation. There was a big drop off when Bonaventura was subbed in. This kid is the real deal.

Played left mezzala, combative and classy. Could do with him to replace Matuidi eventually.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Juventus have agreement for Sergej Milinković-Savić ?

October 18, 2018

A report in Italy suggests that Juventus may have an agreement in place to sign Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinković-Savić.

The Serbian international was the subject of sustained interest from a number of European sides including Manchester United and Juve this summer but a transfer failed to materialise.

Lazio owner and President Claudio Lotito was adamant that he wouldn’t sell his prized asset for any less than €150m and subsequently renewed he Serb’s contract until 2023 while increasing his salary to €3m per season.

Despite this, a report from Italian journalist Luca Momblano suggests that outgoing Juventus director Beppe Marotta agreed a deal in principle with Lazio, through Sporting Sirector Igli Tare, to sign Milinkovic Savic from January 2019 at a fixed sum of €110m, payable over 3 years.

While it’s too early to lend too much credence to such a report, Momblano was significantly an important figure in the reporting of Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus in the summer and was the first in Italy to report the news.

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-have-agreement-for-sergej-milinkovic-savic/
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:32 pm

De Sciglio: ‘Ready to return’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus full-back Mattia De Sciglio is “fit and ready” to make his return from injury.
The defender hasn’t played this season after picking up an injury in pre-season, but with a crucial week coming up he’s ready to play against Genoa on Saturday.

“Genoa have just changed their Coach and they’ll want to make a good impression,” De Sciglio warned Juventus TV.

“It’s always hard against the Rossoblu, and after the international break it’s even harder to restart so we’ll need to play a tough game and extend this positive run.
“We’re very aware of our strength, and this run of wins has given us even more confidence.

“That’s important, especially given the difficult month we have ahead of us, starting with the games against Genoa and Manchester United.

“The latter won’t be decisive yet, but it’s still important because a positive result would give us more serenity, even in terms of the return leg.

“I really want to play, I’m fit and ready. I’ve played on the left in previous years, so if I’m needed there then there’s no problem.”
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Dybala shakes off knee scare
By Football Italia staff

Paulo Dybala is back training with the Juventus squad after an injury scare for Argentina and could even play against Genoa.

La Joya limped off during Argentina’s 1-0 friendly defeat to Brazil and was pictured with ice packs around the front and back of his knee.

This prompted concerns over potentially missing the big Champions League clash with Manchester United next week.

However, Dybala and Uruguayan midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur came straight back into regular training with the rest of the team.

Only Juan Cuadrado, returning from his international duty with Colombia, worked separately.

Dybala could even play against Genoa on Saturday, but is more likely to be rested.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Sounds like we might be getting Ramsey for free. Good move imo. We could use a player like him. Matuidi and Khedira shouldn't be our midfielders that attack the box most often, surely Ramsey can do it better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Not a Ramsey fan. Can’t argue with free signings but it seems like an excuse to pump the difference into his wages. Surely better than what we do have though, not an argument to support the contrary.

Hoping we go in for a midfielder now but I know we won’t

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next