Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
S
43 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who will go through

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 2 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:08 am

sportsczy wrote:
breva wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:First time ever none of Brazil, Germany and argentina are in the semis.

Belgium Vs England would be the ultimate Brexit vs Yurop match.

Since Italy has been in the semis 8 times and Argentina 4 times, that assertion is rather limited.

This is France's 7th semifinal too... 5th starting in 1982. We're a bigger team than Argentina and part of the elite since the 80s.

1 WC to 2 WCs.

Maybe you can come back and say something different a week from today, but for now just Laughing

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 2 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:25 am

France is favored, but Belgium have the individual brilliance to win it. We'll see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:26 am

Very equal sides. Should be a great match. One of the two will win the Cup.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:30 am

How in the world can you say that Belgium has more individual brilliance or has equal talent to France.  They simply don't.  Not even close.  But do they have enough to pull an upset?  Yes they do.

This is like Man City v Arsenal this season.  Can Arsenal beat Man City on their day?  Sure.  But Man City wins 8 out of 10 times.  France has the same difference in quality compared to Belgium.

Griezmann and Mbappe are better in my mind than DeBruyne and Hazard.  Lukaku is better than Giroud... absolutely no doubt.  Lloris and Courtoir are a draw.  Other than that, France beats them in terms of quality at every other position. Our bench is much better too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:48 am

De Bruyne vs. Pogba in midfield will be decisive imo. Because both teams have enough quality in attack to be deadly when backed by a midfield on a good day.
With Griezmann having poor performances this WC I would even say Belgium has a slightly better offensive group (Lukaku,Hazard,De Bruyne,Mertens,Carrasco). Maybe it's time for France to use a attacking mid instead of Matuidi (Fekir or Lemar) if not then Pogba hast to make a top performance because France might go with Hernandez and Pavard on the wingbacks who are not going to give much contribution on attack.Same goes for Matuidi & Kante.

Belgium will surely miss Nainggolan.I've said it before that it will become obvious when they face a big team. Having to rely on Witsel or Fellaini vs. France would be a shame when you have a player like Nainggolan. Idk if Dembele can be useful.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:54 am

Defensive teams win the WC, so I'll give France the advantage. I think they'll go all the way tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:11 am

Kante and Matuidi will cover Hazard and DeBruyne when they leak out... and then you have Pavard, Varane, Umtiti and Hernandez behind them. I'm not overly concerned defensively.

Again, with these games, it often comes down to whoever scores first. Very difficult to chase the game... Belgium really does well on the counter more than anything else because their midfield is crap.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:51 pm

France is the most well balanced team in this world cup, at least in terms of personnel.

Both teams are now sitting back and playing on the counter attack. So the biggest question in my mind is which team will take initiative if at all and if one team takes initiative will that be the one left weeping in the end.

Belgium's weakened midfield did not hurt them against Brazil who also did not have a great midfield. Against France it may be a different matter though. I think the difference maker here is Kante. Whatever Fellaini and Witsel do he may alone do more than that. Then there is Pogba. If De Bruyne is further forward he will have no one to compete with for creative play from the midfield. I have noticed that even in games in which he is criticized he is the one player capable of playing an imaginative unexpected pass accurately.

Up front Belgium may have a very slight edge but France is no slouch. Mbappe needs to have a great game. Griezmann has struck form at just the right time.

Will Martinez show tactical flexibility and bring back De Bruyne deeper? That is a fascinating question. The style that worked against Brazil may not work against France but to be honest I had not seen it working against Brazil either. Thought a weakened midfield would cook their goose but we all know what happened.

Defense wise France is at least not inferior to Belgium, maybe better. The goalkeepers are well matched even if Courtois may have had a more breathtaking performance recently.

2-1 to France

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kante and Matuidi will cover Hazard and DeBruyne when they leak out... and then you have Pavard, Varane, Umtiti and Hernandez behind them. I'm not overly concerned defensively.

Again, with these games, it often comes down to whoever scores first. Very difficult to chase the game... Belgium really does well on the counter more than anything else because their midfield is crap.

Seriously it's all about the sequence of events. Belgium are getting all the praise but what would have happened if Brazil had scored the first goal. France won against Argentina but what could have happened if Pavard had not scored so soon after Argentina leading 2-1. The margins are so tight. Even the 3-0 that Croatia dished out to Argentina which was perceived as a hammering actually turned on Caballero's blunder. Yes Croatia had shaded it but they had hardly created many chances and the game was still completely in the balance until then.

As for Belgium's midfield being crap that is a real conundrum. I would put it more like they have intentionally made their midfield crap. Left Nainggolan at home. Hardly gave Moussa Dembele any minutes. Moved De Buyne up front. Gave the two important central midfield positions to Witsel and Fellaini. If that didn't work the manager would have been skinned. Instead it did and he is being praised. After this world cup I am more convinced than ever that right or wrong tactics are only determined by the result at the end. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:11 pm

farfan wrote:A semi-final comprised of France, Croatia, Belgium, and England isn't as " surprising " as some people are making it out to be. hmm all four teams have made it to this far in the past and 2 of them have won the world cup.

Do note the biggest surprise or for that matter shock in all this - This is the first ever time at a world cup without any of the traditional big four in the last four - Brazil, Germany, Italy and Argentina. For me that is the most stand out aspect of this world cup. It is indeed the most open and unpredictable world cup of all time.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:19 pm

breva wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:First time ever none of Brazil, Germany and argentina are in the semis.

Since Italy has been in the semis 8 times and Argentina 4 times, that assertion is rather limited.

You are hinting at Italy being more consistently successful than Argentina I suppose but looking at each world cup what alfred says is very true. It's just something of a historic anomaly that any time Italy were in the last four, one of Brazil and Germany were also there.

Therefore I prefer mentioning all of the big four together. Leaving Italy out just does not feel right.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:
breva wrote:

This is France's 7th semifinal too...  5th starting in 1982.  We're a bigger team than Argentina and part of the elite since the 80s.

The number of world cups is the biggest factor I would say. So Argentina and Uruguay still take #4 and #5 unless France wins the current edition. What comes after that? The number of final appearances or the performance in continental tournaments? Is reaching a world cup final and losing it more valuable than winning a Euro?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Among the last four of the world cup I think three have already peaked but France seem like they still have an extra gear to go. In a world cup peaking slowly is important and being defensively solid is key. At the moment I cannot see anyone better placed to win this tournament than France.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Forza Belgio

I would loov it if you beat France
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 pm

S wrote:Forza Belgio

I would loov it if you beat France

23 Players of African descent involved in this match. Proud

GLAfrica wins it after all.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Sports, what is your honest opinion? I like Belgian beer/ waffles but I also like bageutte and pinos gris/noir so I am not partial in this match :coffee:
Both teams are too erratic for me to predict.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Still not enough hype for this huge game wtf.... 2-3 hours to go still but I just can wait already Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Teams:

Lloris; Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Hernandez; Pogba, Kante; Mbappe, Griezmann, Matuidi; Giroud

Courtois; Chadli, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen; Dembele, Witsel, Fellaini; Lukaku, De Bruyne, Hazard

Looks like Belgium are going for a similar plan they used against Brazil. France pretty much as expected.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Dembele didn't play against Brazil did he? Good choice anyway as far as deep CMs go he's Belgium's best imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Will Cristiano play?
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:19 pm

juvealbanian wrote:Will Cristiano play?

rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dembele didn't play against Brazil did he? Good choice anyway as far as deep CMs go he's Belgium's best imo.

System changed because Meunier is banned
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Apparently, Dembele could be playing RWB with Chadli LWB Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Well that makes no sense but it is Martinez.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 pm

It's a back four like I guessed. hmm Chadli RB.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Belgium with all the ball so far. Hazard is looking very sharp, actually taking players on atm.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next