Freeza
Luca
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  - Page 9 Empty Re: WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Süle-Pavard to replace Boateng-Hummels is the plan

Is Sule good on the ball ? The only thing most Bayern fans seem to criticize him for is his lack of pace

Süle is one of our fastest players lol, second fastest after Coman in some tests. Don't let his size deceive you.

really ? i found him very slow on the turn against us tbh

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  - Page 9 Empty Re: WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am

Bayern may have some trouble signing Pavard if he doesn't play fullback... he has no future with NT at CB with Varane and Umtiti.

I assume he will have a lot more options after the WC.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 am

Luca Modric, best player of the tournament so far in my books when it comes to standalone players.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let me blame Mou pls.

Also I have a rule, if everyone underperforms then the coach is to blame.
i have the same rule, although i am not seeing all those united players who are doing far better than the level they showed at united

Lukaku and Fellaini hmm

Lindelof was much better for Sweden than ever has been for Man Yoo and there's probably more I'm not aware of.

Ashley Young looks like a workable fullback too with NT for some reason.  It's also ridiculous that Evans, Rojo and Smalling are preferred over Bailly.

Having actually watched Man U for 2 seasons now, it just reinforced all the issues I had with him at Real Madrid.  Arbeloa over Carvajal, Khedira/Lass/Alonso over Modric, Coentrao over Marcelo at times (although Marcelo deserved a bit of that), the way he managed Iker (better way to do it) and Ramos, his relationship with CR, etc.

The guy has literally no man management skills in today's era.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Is Sule good on the ball ? The only thing most Bayern fans seem to criticize him for is his lack of pace

Süle is one of our fastest players lol, second fastest after Coman in some tests. Don't let his size deceive you.

really ? i found him very slow on the turn against us tbh

He's a huge tank, so turning and accelerating will be different than for s smaller player I guess. But he's surprisingly fast for his size.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Babun wrote:Luca Modric, best player of the tournament so far in my books when it comes to standalone players.

He was pretty awful against Russia and average against Denmark. People are overrating him out of inertia because he was good in the group stage.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:11 pm

This is why I don't understand anyone criticising Kane tbh.

There hasn't been any obvious overall play talents who have been consistently excellent to ignore the top scorer of the tournament.

In terms of overall play and consistency I think it's Hazard tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Babun wrote:Luca Modric, best player of the tournament so far in my books when it comes to standalone players.

He was pretty awful against Russia and average against Denmark. People are overrating him out of inertia because he was good in the group stage.

tbf he gave an amazing assist to Rebic for that penalty kick . If he 'd have scored no doubts he was best player in this tournament so far.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Cruijf wrote:

We were watching a different game then. Rakitic decided to have an off game. Modric literaly forced the 2-1 by himself. He was making himself open for passes, drove the ball forward and carried the attack to final third. The problem were the Croatian forwards, not him. Russians ganged him up multiple times during his runs with no success.

Even if you tell me, youtube videos don't tell the whole story one player having a 10min compilation for all game isn't bad :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Sometimes I just have no clue what some of you actually watch.

Modric clearly has been the most consistent, lively and outstanding player across the 5 games so far.
Has been exuding pure midfield class this entire tournament.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 pm

So outstanding that he needed penalties to beat Denmark and Russia :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Literally the only half class player that he has as a teammate is Rakitic.

If Croatia wins this tournament, Modric deserves the Balon D'or
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 pm

El Gunner wrote:Literally the only half class player that he has as a teammate is Rakitic.

Strange, GL has been telling me the last few days they are stacked and we should give up before we even play them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 pm

El Gunner wrote:Literally the only half class player that he has as a teammate is Rakitic.

So Mandzukic, Peresic, and Kramaric are scrubs now? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Literally the only half class player that he has as a teammate is Rakitic.

Strange, GL has been telling me the last few days they are stacked and we should give up before we even play them.

Well, I'm not one of them.

And yes, farfan, those are bland, outright average players you just mentioned.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:19 am

Do EPL fans know that the world isn't flat?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is why I don't understand anyone criticising Kane tbh.

There hasn't been any obvious overall play talents who have been consistently excellent to ignore the top scorer of the tournament.

In terms of overall play and consistency I think it's Hazard tbh.

Come on man, of his 6 goals 3 have been penalties and 1 was probably the luckiest goal in World Cup history.

Modric has been overrated but Kane has been overrated 10x more. He hasn't even been the best England player imo, Pickford and Henderson have been better
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So outstanding that he needed penalties to beat Denmark and Russia :bow:

Of course, he plays goalkeeper, defender and striker all in one. I mean Croatia didn't score, it was 0-0 in both games so they had to resort to penalties. How sad from a goat.. :coffee:

Proof?
farfan wrote:

So Mandzukic, Peresic, and Kramaric are scrubs now? Laughing

Mandzukic is decent, the others are overrated scrubs. Rakitic is good, Subotic is a good PK goalkeeper and that's it.

In contrast, England consists of 10 mediocore players + one good player in Kane. So the overall quality is more or less the same if we play the plus minus game.

On topic:
Kane is nowhere near Modric, Hazard or even Pogba performances so far.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:10 am

Babun wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

We were watching a different game then. Rakitic decided to have an off game. Modric literaly forced the 2-1 by himself. He was making himself open for passes, drove the ball forward and carried the attack to final third. The problem were the Croatian forwards, not him. Russians ganged him up multiple times during his runs with no success.

Even if you tell me, youtube videos don't tell the whole story one player having a 10min compilation for all game isn't bad :coffee:

Positionally he was awful, he was clearly tired which is understandable when you're 32 and coming off a CL winning season and extra time in the last game. And what those highlights don't show is all the times he wasted possession or gave the ball away, which were far too many for supposedly the best player of the tournament. You're forgetting the defensive side as well, remember he wasn't playing as a 10 against Russia, he dropped to play a double pivot with Rakitic. Defensively he was a liability.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 am

Never mind those aren't highlights lol, they're his whole game. Watch your own video man, he gives the ball away twice in the one minute I watched Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 am

The meltdown mole is having this world cup is seriously amazing.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 am

Cruijf wrote:Never mind those aren't highlights lol, they're his whole game. Watch your own video man, he gives the ball away twice in the one minute I watched Laughing

Of course, I am objective so I wouldn't omit anything like the others do to support their agendas. If you risk to attack the final third chances are high to lose the ball. The same is true for Messi and Ronaldo most of the time. In the case of fighting the second ball, one might lose the 1 vs. 1 too. As a midfielder, one can risk a forward pass and miss it. It is not the end of the world unless the whole team was in a forward movement which creates vulnerability vs. counters.
Bottom line, I am more than sure that you didn't watch the game. I didn't watch England vs Sweden either but then I don't comment on them.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:22 pm

zigra wrote:The meltdown mole is having this world cup is seriously amazing.

Sure if you call that, I call it defending my fellow brexit lads against racism and hatred hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Croatia manager is a bit odd tbh. He SHOULD put a DM in there (has a good one) and allow Modric and Rakitic to push further up and help create the attack. Yet, he has Modric and Rakitic play very low most of the game.

When you saw the DM come in against Russia, Modric suddenly looked like himself again.

Deschamps does crap like that too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Sure if you call that, I call it defending my fellow brexit lads against racism and hatred hmm

Meh, you should relax IMO
Football is coming home. Obviously a lot of people are mad about it. Let them stay mad, brother, and enjoy the full power of hard brexit.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:44 pm

zigra wrote:

Meh, you should relax IMO
Football is coming home. Obviously a lot of people are mad about it. Let them stay mad, brother, and enjoy the full power of hard brexit.

I'll relax when we win and unleash my inner spite on everyone hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next