Doc
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
Freeza
Mr Nick09
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rodrygo Goes - official thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Rodrygo Goes - official thread

Post by Perucho21 Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 pm

Perfect hat trick

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rodrygo Goes - official thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Rodrygo Goes - official thread

Post by Makaveli Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

I may get some stick for this but for me Rodry is twice the player Vini is.
His movement is also miles ahead.

Vini's decision making is so poor it brings down his game a lot in my eyes. Not to mention his finishing.

Rodry looks confident as hell for his age and he does not talk much lays low and does his thing.
I hope both succeed here but from what Ive seen I think Rodry is the better player.
Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:50 pm

Rodrygo was ALWAYS the higher rated talent between the two. Some people got a bit carried away when Vinicius was our only inspirational player for a month or so before Zidane arrived. (lol, especially @Nick)

I do feel Rodrygo is a legit talent, but give him another year before we declare him a star. But also don't give up on Vinicius, he still may develop, particularly his finishing. Issue for him will be the usual (for kids at Madrid) - Can he get enough playing time to develop or is he best to go out for a loan spell? There is one difference with these two kids from other Brazilian kids. They both seem to live quiet normal lives off the field. That is a big plus!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:26 am

Yeah i'm with you Bill. He needs to "fill in" a lot physically. I noticed he wasn't really interested in mixing it up at all. They're going to scout him and see that.

I expect to see teams try to bully him. He'll need a little bit to adjust...

Legit talent however. Much better than Vini imo who i deem a headless chicken with dribbling skills. A poor man's Di Maria (Di Maria had end product despite being headless).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:14 am

I disagee I think Vinicius has a higher ceiling. Rodrygo is smarter and has an eye for the goal but Vinicius is the one you look for to make things happen. It's working iut for Rodrygo right now because certain players/providers are playing well. I don't think Rodrygo would've had the same level of impact last season for example when everyone played terrible. I see him more of an Asensio type player but with more guts to take on players here and there. Take the Betis game for example where the midfield was just passing from side to side. Rodrygo was helpless and did not take initiative to make things happen hence it was either Benz scoring from something or bust. Vinicius in his last seasons form would have ripped their RB apart and that's the difference
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Vinicius has the physical abilities to succeed in complete chaos, but this season he is struggling because his fundamentals are worse than Rodrygo. I can see why you think he has a higher ceiling. Like i said, it's fun to contrast these two kids and to see what makes them different. Right now the anology that i think of is Rodrygo is like mineral water, while Vinicius is an energy drink. What's better? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Rodrygo is somewhat akin to being the Brazilian Lucas Vazquez imo. I compare them in the sense that Rodrygo seems technically rudimentary to me.

As i've said before, Vinicius is more talented than Rodrygo and i think he has a higher ceiling.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm

it's not that clear cut that one is more talented than the other to me. There are things Rodrygo does with his first touch, finishing, and his movements that Vinicius can only dream of. that's also talent, at 18, his game intelligence within relying on his physical abilities to succeed is already outstanding.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:59 pm

And you could say the same thing, the other way round

I am glad they both play different positions because I'd like them both to start. I wouldn't go as far as to call him Brazilian LV but I see his play very similar to Asensio. Remains to be seen if he manages what Asensio couldn't and that's to show continuity
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Once it isn't Vasquez on the right, I'm good. Also, from eye test alone, Rodry just has the better footballing intelligence that is needed. Vini is more explosive though unless Rodry is holding back his own explosiveness.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Rodrygo can actually dribble people in 1v1 and he is not a counterattacking pace merchant. He has a lot more control and is capable to play at different speed. calling him the Brazilian Asensio or comparing him to Lucas vasquez IS awful.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Rodrygo is pretty different to Asensio in terms of player profile.

I've seen plenty of Santos and Madrid footage of Rodrygo and from what he's shown so far, i don't think he's as gifted as Vinicius is with the ball in terms of dribbling and passing range. Vinicius is more silky and he also has better agility/ability to turn. The LV comparison makes sense, if you consider that they both are playing as kinda awkward RF/RW's with us and if you look at his movement mechanics. Having said that, he has a higher ceiling than LV.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Doc wrote:from eye test alone, Rodry just has the better footballing intelligence that is needed. Vini is more explosive though unless Rodry is holding back his own explosiveness.

That pretty much sums up my impression of the two. Rodrygo thinks before he acts, which is often good, but can result in more hesitancy than necessary. Vinicius just acts - when he has to decide between shooting from an angle or passing it to the nearest team mate, he looks so hesitant you’d think Chad had threatened him with a baseball bat in the changing rooms.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Comparing Vasquez to Rodrygo should result in an actual arrest to be honest.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:07 am

Quick update on Rodrygo, he will be playing for Castilla now. He was supposed to at the beginning of the season but played on the first team due to injuries.

Since Asensio is close to coming back, Zidane's favorite Vasquez still around, and Brahim also playing on the right, it looks like he will be there for the rest of the season.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:14 am

Once he continues his development properly. I don't mind. He was way too young to be our starting RW anyway.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3