Doc
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
Freeza
Mr Nick09
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rodrygo Goes - official thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Rodrygo Goes - official thread

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 am

As we have gotten a bit closer to his arrival, where do you guys see him in the future?

One concern is that he does occupy a lot of the same space Vinicius does. Do you think RM will push him forward as a CF or have him rotate with Vinicius, or put him on loan?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Rodrygo Goes - official thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Rodrygo Goes - official thread

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:10 am

As much as I want them both to succeed, I can't see it happening. They are both right footed inside forwards that are at their best playing on the left. It will be hard to develop Vinicius only, let alone both of them.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 am

Valkyrja wrote:As much as I want them both to succeed, I can't see it happening. They are both right footed inside forwards that are at their best playing on the left. It will be hard to develop Vinicius only, let alone both of them.

Vinicius hasn't proven that he's much a natural goalscorer, as of yet. I have no clue how we'll manage the two of them, but if Bale goes out, I'd like to see Vinicius on the right and Rodrygo on the left - at least, to assess whether or not it works out.. I still wonder what we'll do with Asensio, and whether or not we'll get someone like, Eden Hazard. Like I've mentioned countless times before, Vasquez provides valuable depth despite his lack of intelligence. He works hard, can play in different positions and doesn't complain about being on the bench. I hope, and think we'll keep him. I don't know if Asensio's willing to be an alternative option to Vinicius/left wing. We'll just have to wait and see.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:14 am

Where?!? WHERE does he go :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:53 am

From my understanding Rodrygo has been playing as a RW for both Santos and Brazil. I suspect that's where he'll play for us too
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:From my understanding Rodrygo has been playing as a RW for both Santos and Brazil. I suspect that's where he'll play for us too

Just like Mbappe plays RW while he's not one.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:05 pm

He looks like a 10 to me hmm . haven't seen enough of him though.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Just gonna preface this by saying I'm talking about play style only- not ability or potential.

From what I have seen, his play style is a bit similar to Mbappe. Can play across the front 3 attacking positions. Uses his pace to score goals. Right footed. Probably suited to the inside forward position that Vinicius plays, but would be fine on the RW too, which is where I have seen him play most for Santos and Brazil. Curious to see him play as a CF.

I really have no clue what will happen when he comes in summer. I thought Vinicius should have gone out on loan, but really glad he didn't in the end.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Where?!? WHERE does he go :facepalm:

If it were up to me, I would have had you deported for that comment.

As for Rodrygo, I have no clue what the future is for him. He does look the part though and I once said he'll be the one with the Madrid future and Vini would be a star at Sevilla. I don't know anymore.

Play style, he should be able to fit in better with La Liga since he looks like he has more technical ability than Vini but again, no idea if he would be able to deal with everything.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:From my understanding Rodrygo has been playing as a RW for both Santos and Brazil. I suspect that's where he'll play for us too

If we had Brazil's forwards, Asensio would be playing on the left side of the parking lot.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:57 pm

You have to already accept that not all these kids will succeed in Madrid. Survival of the fittest, dont get attached to anyone for they might leave sooner than you think
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:38 am

Survival of the fittest applies when you have a fierce competition between insanely talented players. Who will they be competing with? Asensio and Vasquez? They'll be alright Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:42 am

Also do we have anybody from Brazil who can tell us exactly how Rodrygo's last name should be pronounced? Is it 'goes' as in going somewhere? Or maybe is it pronounced like 'Gus'? Or perhaps 'Goés'?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:23 am

Is he allowed to legally drive in Spain?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 am

vanDEEZ wrote:As we have gotten a bit closer to his arrival, where do you guys see him in the future?

One concern is that he does occupy a lot of the same space Vinicius does. Do you think RM will push him forward as a CF or have him rotate with Vinicius, or put him on loan?

Will be Benzems's replacement.

Roaming number 9.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:05 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Survival of the fittest applies when you have a fierce competition between insanely talented players. Who will they be competing with? Asensio and Vasquez? They'll be alright Laughing

Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Cyborg wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:As we have gotten a bit closer to his arrival, where do you guys see him in the future?

Will be Benzems's replacement.

Roaming number 9.

I think the correct term is false neo contortionist fish hook inverted clotheshanger.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:26 am

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:53 am

Mhm, surprised they'd hype him like this tbf. We'll see how he pans out; from what i've seen he's "faster" than Vinicius but not as technically talented with the ball, or as elastic with his physical movement. I say this because i see too many ppl online insubstantially saying he's better than Vinicius.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:57 am

Would have been easier to compare them if Vinicius had played last night tbf
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 pm

I think it's the opposite, Vini is faster (at least over long distances, acceleration may be similar) and Rodrygo is better technically. Rodrygo is already more complete than Vini imo, he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses to his game like Vini but at the same time he doesn't excel physically like Vini. Can't say who's better but i don't think they're far off each other.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:37 pm

My assessment is that Rodrygo is faster, but Vini is quicker. Rodrygo is more in the build of Ronaldo whereas Vini is more in the build of Neymar. Oversimplification, of course, but it's just a bit of a comparison to help people understand. I think they are pretty close in terms of technical ability so it's hard to judge.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Rodrygo is clearly the faster player. I think Vinicius is lacking in that department. He's more of an agile player. It's weird he's not faster considering how fast his legs are moving.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:03 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:My assessment is that Rodrygo is faster, but Vini is quicker. Rodrygo is more in the build of Ronaldo whereas Vini is more in the build of Neymar. Oversimplification, of course, but it's just a bit of a comparison to help people understand. I think they are pretty close in terms of technical ability so it's hard to judge.
Are you referring to Cristiano or Fenômeno? it's funny you say that because i feel like Rodrygo is almost like a Neymar clone style-wise.
That's a good point, Vini might have shorter strides so he seems faster. I guess we'll see later in the season if Rodrygo can get some 1st team action, i remember Vini clocked over 34 km/h last season.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:22 pm

There are various aspects to a player's "speed profile;" player A might have a faster acceleration over a certain distance than player B who can nonetheless reach higher top speeds and also maintain them for more of an effective duration than player A. What's also important to consider is player's strength, the agility and mechanics of their body movements, and their handling of the ball when 1v1 with players.

To me atleast, it looks like Rodrygo can go past players more easily, and there are highlights that show bursts of speed, acceleration, and a top speed that i'm not sure Vinicius surpasses or even reaches for what it's worth. Vinicius is not slow but I myself was positing questions about whether Vinicius had the speed of a Neymar type of player, the speed necessary to be an elite wing forward. I think he probably does, but he's not a speedster that's for sure.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Perfect hat trick
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next