RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Firenze
40 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End - Page 38 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End

Post by Firenze Thu May 10, 2018 10:02 pm

S wrote:19 - Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the end of the 2012-13 season, no Premier League team has drawn more matches nil-nil than Manchester United (19, level with Southampton). Dull.

Also won the most trophies of any team in the league since Sir Alex Ferguson retired. Melt.

Anyway, as expected..it's crazy but Lukaku is our talisman lmao, never win without him starting.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End - Page 38 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End

Post by S Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Firenze wrote:
S wrote:19 - Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the end of the 2012-13 season, no Premier League team has drawn more matches nil-nil than Manchester United (19, level with Southampton). Dull.

Also won the most trophies of any team in the league since Sir Alex Ferguson retired. Melt.

Anyway, as expected..it's crazy but Lukaku is our talisman lmao, never win without him starting.

BREAKING: @ManUtd confirmed as Premier League runners-up - their highest finish in five years.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 10, 2018 10:07 pm

4 trophies (princes of Europe) AND our highest league finish in half a decade? in a mere 2 seasons?

give Mourinho a 5 year contract ffs, we're back

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End - Page 38 BjH2AFP
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 10, 2018 10:22 pm

like watching paint dry
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Indeed you're back. Princes of Europe is now ready to face some actual competition. Like a group of death for example

Real Madrid
Man United
Basel
Inter

Road to EL part 2 ? Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End - Page 38 BjH2AFP
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Unique wrote:
like watching paint dry

which is more interesting than taking a look at your trophy cabinet from the last 10+ years
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 pm

the way we have forgotten about Kane this season is quite brutal, no wonder he was stealing goals at the ed of the season to stay relevant. modern media cycle Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:
like watching paint dry

which is more interesting than taking a look at your trophy cabinet from the last 10+ years
I asked my son what the West Ham v manure score was. He said manure won 0-0 Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:the way we have forgotten about Kane this season is quite brutal, no wonder he was stealing goals at the ed of the season to stay relevant. modern media cycle Laughing

It has been so due to his pettiness during the goal snatching fiasco.. no one takes him seriously anymore.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 11, 2018 4:55 am

Kane hasn't been forgotten, he was absolutely stellar throughout most of the season and the race for the golden boot between him and Salah was a big talking point.

But he was injured for a month and he's been pretty average since he's gotten back. I'm not sure whether he was rushed back to injury or what, but he just hasn't been on form. He's scored the last couple weeks, but missed some golden chances too.

Looking forward to seeing Spurs in the new stadium next season though, I should say. Really curious to see how the thing turns out.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 11, 2018 4:58 am

Pettiness? Beyond Kane saying that he touched the ball, what exactly has he done?

Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2018 5:04 am

i think he rushed himself back from injury to stay in the race of best scorer, and he might lack fitness.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 11, 2018 5:12 am

CBarca wrote:Pettiness? Beyond Kane saying that he touched the ball, what exactly has he done?

Laughing
You make it seem like that's all there it was to it. Laughing

1. Wanted credit for a goal his own teammate scored
2. Swore on his daughter's life that he scored it

If that is not pettiness, I don't know what is.

Don't get me wrong, Kane was one of the few things I liked about Spurs but this incident just ruined it for me (and for most neutrals). Seems to have an incredible inferiority complex/loser mentality.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 am

It's completely blown out of proportion by a bunch of jabronis on the internet. It's great banter, and I've seen some really funny things come out of it (although it pales in comparison to the sheer amount of unfunny, recycled bits that have come from it). As far as people getting upset about it, it's a bit odd really

I'm not sure how it's petty at all. Kane celebrated the goal as he obviously must have felt he got a touch on it, then it was credited to Eriksen, so in the post game they asked him if he got a touch on it. He said that he swears on his daughter's life he did. That was the extent of it.

Is it over the top to say that? Yeah I'd say so, but Kane is also a really greedy striker. Anyone who has watched him play can see that and it's well known his desire to score goals and be one of the top EPL goalscorers of all time. I would also ask, what did people expect him to say? Should he have said, even if he did touch it, that he hadn't?

What's been lost in all of this is that no one has stopped to consider that maybe Kane did get a touch on it and he's telling the truth. I'll admit that it looks greedy and off if you just assume that he never got a touch on it and he's lying. However, you'd also have to admit that you're judging someone's character off of a rather negative assumption.

In the end it's more much ado about nothing than anything else.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2018 5:30 am

what i seen as petty is to make a special request to the league to get a goal that was awarded to his teammate after review. Now because he is the most high profile british striker at the moment, the decision was turned in his favor.

he went out of his way to get that goal to his name, that pettiness. and it's fine, he is a CF, they are all petty
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 am

CFs should be greedy and selfish, yes, but taking a goal away from your teammate reeks to me a footballer who is not confident with himself. An elite striker like him who is more than capable of overturning a 3+ goal deficit felt that he needed one goal scored by his teammate to his name, definitely feels threatened of losing the 'best striker' title in PL.

You think it's blown out of proportion but these things matter a lot at the top level.. it's not just the technical skills. Ronaldo is incredibly selfish in front of goal but he would never do something like this.

Look at Aguero, guy misses shitloads of games every season due to injuries, but is ALWAYS at the top of the goalscoring charts. Never complains, and always delivers when required. That's the kind of mentality you need.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 am

CBarca wrote:It's completely blown out of proportion by a bunch of jabronis on the internet. It's great banter, and I've seen some really funny things come out of it (although it pales in comparison to the sheer amount of unfunny, recycled bits that have come from it). As far as people getting upset about it, it's a bit odd really

I'm not sure how it's petty at all. Kane celebrated the goal as he obviously must have felt he got a touch on it, then it was credited to Eriksen, so in the post game they asked him if he got a touch on it. He said that he swears on his daughter's life he did. That was the extent of it.

Is it over the top to say that? Yeah I'd say so, but Kane is also a really greedy striker. Anyone who has watched him play can see that and it's well known his desire to score goals and be one of the top EPL goalscorers of all time. I would also ask, what did people expect him to say? Should he have said, even if he did touch it, that he hadn't?

What's been lost in all of this is that no one has stopped to consider that maybe Kane did get a touch on it and he's telling the truth. I'll admit that it looks greedy and off if you just assume that he never got a touch on it and he's lying. However, you'd also have to admit that you're judging someone's character off of a rather negative assumption.

In the end it's more much ado about nothing than anything else.

That's not all he did though, he also went to his Twitter account and started pressuring journalists to make this a big story. It was really funny seeing it, so please don't make this a small thing.

With that said, what's more worrying for English fans is his form recently, I've been reading that he has been pretty terrible for some time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 11, 2018 11:19 am

MOYES WANTS TOP EIGHT JOB

David Moyes has cast doubt over his future at West Ham after revealing that he expects to receive job offers over the summer.

The Scot joined West Ham on a short-term deal in November and despite securing their Premier League status, he could be set to leave the club in the summer after insisting that he wants to manage a club "pushing the top six or eight."

and i want to shag megan fox david but its just not on the cards now is it. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Massive match between Derby and Fulham

Fulham: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Odoi, Ream, Targett, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney (c), Ayite, Mitrovic, Sessegnon.

Derby: Carson, Forsyth, Keogh, Lawrence, Wisdom, Johnson, Weimann, Vydra, Jerome, Davies (c), Huddlestone.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 11, 2018 7:41 pm

is that Loserpool hall of famer Andre Wisdom? ufff
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 11, 2018 7:43 pm

I recognise a lot of those names actually, like a rogues list of PL washouts and former youth hyped products

Vydra ffs, he's 26 now, I remember he was fairly hyped
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Arsenal have suspended two coaches pending an internal investigation after allegations of bullying were made against them, Sky Sports News understands.

Under-23 coach Steve Gatting and his assistant Carl Laraman are under investigation following complaints made by youth players.

Both coaches were missing from the technical area during Tuesday evening's Premier League International Cup final against Porto at the Emirates Stadium.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Didn't know that Urban. Went to go check his twitter out. Looks like mostly banter.

Anyway, I like Spurs, you guys are fans of rival teams, of course it's going to be taken differently. You guys can see it the way you want. It's absolutely greedy in some respects, if he did pressure spurs to launch a formal bid. Petty, uff Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 pm

spurs fans should be a bit worried. sounds like poch could be on his way out.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 11, 2018 11:36 pm

just been told that arsenal have not won a single prem lge away game all season. that cant be true Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 12, 2018 12:04 am

Unique wrote:spurs fans should be a bit worried. sounds like poch could be on his way out.

would be a huge loss tbh

feels like it was just yesterday they were putting pressure on Leicester under him

DEM HIGHS
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next