dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Luca wrote:I think it’s the inclination for judges to give 50s. Basically you needed 1 perfect dunk and one nearly perfect dunk to get into the final round.

I don’t like this final round stuff though. Why do we only get two DSJr. dunks? Might as well add a couple more dunkers and extend it.

Lame night overall

It’s always lame. It needs to be fixed.

Only good year was the GOAT Lavine/Gordon contest.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Luca wrote:I thought Dennis Smith Jr. got absolutely robbed because he didn’t have a hype reaction after his dunks. His second dunk was one of the most difficult ones attempted

Yeah his second was arguably the best/most difficult out of all. And he should have gotten in over Nance because Nance did wack shit the first two/three rounds rofl

But DSJ's first was wack as well with the Panther mask on. Mitchell's jump from the side over Kevin Hart and others is being heavily underrated. His technique, hang time and execution on that was all wild, and it deserved its 50 total score. And then overall Mitchell had the best dunks taking into consideration energy, technique and execution, hence he was the deserving winner.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Luca wrote:I thought Dennis Smith Jr. got absolutely robbed because he didn’t have a hype reaction after his dunks. His second dunk was one of the most difficult ones attempted

Yeah his second was arguably the best/most difficult out of all. And he should have gotten in over Nance because Nance did wack shit the first two/three rounds rofl

But DSJ's first was wack as well with the Panther mask on. Mitchell's jump from the side over Kevin Hart and others is being heavily underrated. His technique, hang time and execution on that was all wild, and it deserved its 50 total score. And then overall Mitchell had the best dunks taking into consideration energy, technique and execution, hence he was the deserving winner.

DSJ didn’t use any props at any time though. Oladipo choked as always in these things. I don’t think he has the hops for this. Oladipo did the Panther dunk.

DSJ did a dunk that Aaron Gordon got a 47 for executes incredibly.

I was only impressed with the one Mitchell dunk that he also did in Rising Stars. His dunk over Kevin Hart was just filler. Dunking over a crouching Kevin Hart ffs Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Yep.

Wasn't particularly impressed with any of Nance dunk tbh, people keep shouting it was unique doe but there's nothing impressive about what he did.

DSJ had one amazing dunk and rest was meh which is why he didn't qualify for the final, Mitchell had the best body of work by far and it's not close.

Blame the others for allowing him to make a sub par dunk to win the thing because the competition sucks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:50 pm

oh wait yeah, it was Oladipo with the Panther dunk.

I still stand by what I said though in the above post.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Yep.

Wasn't particularly impressed with any of Nance dunk tbh, people keep shouting it was unique doe but there's nothing impressive about what he did.

DSJ had one amazing dunk and rest was meh which is why he didn't qualify for the final, Mitchell had the best body of work by far and it's not close.

Blame the others for allowing him to make a sub par dunk to win the thing because the competition sucks.

Dennis had two dunks total. First was a double clutch dunk without looking at the basket. Aaron Gordon got a 47 for the same and people complained about it not being 50. Second one was the best dunk of the night.

Body of work is also irrelevant when discussing final rounds. I'd also agree Mitchell had a better body of work than Nance, despite Nance being the one that will be rememberede from this dunk contest overall because of the story with his father. But the final two dunks from Nance should've clearly edged out Mitchell imo. Thought the second dunk from Nance was ridiculous compared to the Vince Carter imitation dunk. Refs should judge those two dunks relative to eachother, which is why I have no idea why three of the judges gave a 10 for that dunk, when Mitchell barely leapt on it. He had a horrible attempt and got no verticality in his dunk.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 pm

It's just a stupid format that is very unrewarding

I think so many perfect scores kind of ruin it because if there are so many 'perfect' dunks then what's the point and what is less than perfect? Basically because of Dennis Smith Jr. getting lowballed on his first dunk, he needed to push perfect on his second dunk.

Anyways, it just caps off a stupid night of events all in all. At least we all got to see Lowry brick more 3s

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Maybe they should eliminate scores and go to rankings preferably.

After everyone has made their dunks in one round, each judge could rank who had the best dunk in the round.

1 point for finishing with best.
4 points for finishing with the worst.

The lowest person wins.

Something needs to be changed overall. Doesn't make sense that multiple dunks at 50 count the same despite some being clearly superior.

Overall they need to workshop all the events and add new ones to make it more interesting. Skills challenge is too quick, and there's no action at all during the night. It's just commercials and concerts at this point really.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Nance bounce of the backboard dunk was dope af, but nothing else he did really impressed me that much. They were well executed but not that incredible
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Luca wrote:It's just a stupid format that is very unrewarding

I think so many perfect scores kind of ruin it because if there are so many 'perfect' dunks then what's the point and what is less than perfect? Basically because of Dennis Smith Jr. getting lowballed on his first dunk, he needed to push perfect on his second dunk.

Anyways, it just caps off a stupid night of events all in all. At least we all got to see Lowry brick more 3s

I would consider this a valid argument/complaint if the players didn't knew about the format. But.... unfortunately they do. So why did DSJ perform a subpar dunk on his first attempt???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Luca wrote:It's just a stupid format that is very unrewarding

I would consider this a valid argument/complaint if the players didn't knew about the format. But.... unfortunately they do. So why did DSJ perform a subpar dunk on his first attempt???

I think you're severely underrating DSJ's first dunk. It was really good.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Agree, first dunk wasn't subpar at all. It was at least level with a lot of the stuff that was put up
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:33 pm

I don't see how this a 39

and this is a 50

Essentially Mitchell made only windmills with minimal vertical (he must have some long ass arms). Meanwhile Dennis Smith, a smaller guy who can't palm the ball almost hit his head on the rim on a reverse double duck dunk that Oladipo failed continually.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Re-watching the 2016 one...

My god it's incredible...

So spoiled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYxVcfaGih8
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 am

Luckily not too many shooters tonight compared to Rising Stars game.

Gonna be some crazy highlights I reckon.

I've got Westbrook as MVP again. Him or Harden. Both are used to 100% energy (200% in Westbrook's case) on offense and no defense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 am

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 DWW6DVwVoAAQCjL

ElG

What is your boy doing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:29 am

rofl

Klay looked awkward AF during his all star intro as well, he's definitely the type of guy who before becoming an NBA player was nervous AF.

BTW Kevin Hart is the most overrated comedian i have ever seen in my life tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 am

Calling Kevin Hart a comedian smh...
Nothing funny about that man.

These intros have been incredible though. So much cheese and cringe. Best of all sexy off-pitch national anthem by Fergie :bow:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:41 am

Kevin Hart has never been that funny tbh.

I've seen some stuff of his that has been funny, and occasionally he can be funny, but that's few and far between. Overall he's insanely overrated.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:48 am

There's actually fouls and contesting shots.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 am

These 20% 3pt shooters out there heaving from mid court
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:11 am

Oladipo is awful
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:13 am

Amount of bums playing for Team Lebron because of injuries, like 5 of them shouldn't even be there smh.

Tonight it has been confirmed that Simmons got robbed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Amount of bums playing for Team Lebron because of injuries, like 5 of them shouldn't even be there smh.

Tonight it has been confirmed that Simmons got robbed.

Kemba, Oladipo, Drummond and Dragic... nobody came here for that.

Let fans decide imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:17 am

I don't mind Kemba tbh, the rest i agree with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't mind Kemba tbh, the rest i agree with.

Aldridge is another very good player that I couldn’t care less about seeing in these games.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next