Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:46 pm

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2012-kofi.gif

VENTURA STAYS rofl

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Italy OUT of the WC  - Page 13 Empty Re: Italy OUT of the WC

Post by Luca Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Kaladin wrote:Now i dont like taking sides here but y'all are being unfair to sport, instead of upventusing each other, how about you form a rebuttal?

Why don't you go back a couple pages and read the detailed responses that were given to his outlandish claims from myself, then brothers rincon and General robes?

There's no use replying to him in a serious matter because he just quickly pivots and brings up some other bullshit

He began by saying this was coming due to the last two World Cups where Italy didn't advance passed the group stages. I replied that this was certainly not coming, this is the second time in history that Italy has not made a World Cup and failing to advance from group play, which half of teams do, is not the mark of a trend. Particularly when the last two world cups were almost 4 and 8 years respectively ago and in the two Euros since, Italy performed fairly well, making a final and overachieving with a poor team in the latest edition of the Euro.

Then sports came out and said that Italy catenaccio'd their way to all four World Cups. Now, I don't even take this negatively because the premise of his argument is centered around Italy winning 4 World Cups. Lets say that once more, Italy has won the World Cup 4 times, put some respekt on our name. But in any case, this was quickly rebutted by rincon and robes.

So what does sports do? Goes on a detailed rant about the 1982 World Cup in which, Italy "didn't deserve" to win it. Cool man. To each their own, I think a team that comes out and beats the teams that Italy did most certainly deserve to win the World Cup. In any case, this was nearly a life time ago in footballing terms and sports is using events like this to support some grand claim that this is karma.

Karma. That's right, the natural law of the world righting a wrong. If only people's keyboards exploded to prevent them from making such stupid posts on the internet, a public domain then this world would be a lot cleaner.

But as we know it, it was a deserved thing for Italy to not make the world cup. Maybe to some it was but those are the ones wanting Italy to lose anyways and there's probably more or an equal number of them as there are those who want Italy to succeed. Just don't expect us to listen to sports' nonsensical ramblings as they are true facts and everything we say is a lie.

I'll most definitely always take the word of robes and rincon on anything Italian soccer related because they know it better than the rest of us and they're honest people willing to admit wrong and see the whole picture rather than a single side. Rather than the word of someone who quite clearly does the opposite and shows up at the lowest point to try to degrade Italy even more. We don't need it, we pity ourselves enough.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Karma is the most abused term ever though
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Tavecchio stays, not Ventura.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Freeza wrote:Denmark weren't in 1982 WC hmm

Our first time was '86

Sorry.  I meant Poland with Boniek.  I had a bit of a man crush on Laudrup so I tend to mention Denmark for no reason when talking about the 80s a lot lol.  Remember I was a massive Juve fan at the time. Anyone who played for Juve in the 80s was a god for me.

Just angry at Italy for taking out Brazil with the most outrageous anti-game tactics I have ever seen. That Brazil team deserved to win that WC and put its name as one of the best teams ever. Was also massively angry at the fact that all the Italian players were involved in match fixing, got no penalties from UEFA or FIFA... and then turned around and blatantly fixed a match to take Cameroon out.

We were incredible four years later. Haven't really seen anything of 82 to comment on the games though. Only really seen old tournaments for Denmark.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Kaladin wrote:Now i dont like taking sides here but y'all are being unfair to sport, instead of upventusing each other, how about you form a rebuttal?

We don't need many rebuttals, its too obvious. He does that all by himself.

From "the most obvious case of dirty collusion" and some nonsense about goals scored in a game that got Cameroon (the team we drew with) eliminated Laughing Then he gets called out on it and it becomes "the ref was bought". Italy 06 playing catenaccio. Italy getting a legal goal disallowed vs Brazil (who we still beat) but apparently didn't even deserve the win. To mentioning mysterious "other competitions" but ignoring the euros. Etc.

I don't know if the Brazil part is even funnier than the Cameroon one.  Brazil needed a draw to go through. They then proceeded to concede 4 goals to Italy because of their "dirty tactics", "anti-football" and "catenaccio" Laughing That sweet antifootball where you score 4. So screw Italy, Brazil deserved to win!

Its all because of this
Italy OUT of the WC  - Page 13 Zidane-walking-away
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Rebuttal? Muahaha! wrong site

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Italy sure as hell did not play Cantenaccio on 06. They were one of the more entertaining sides in what was quite an average World Cup from what I remember. Sports is clearly bitter about the final and also he should not be the one to talk about not qualifying, karma, robbery.

Remember how France was not going to qualify for 2010 then Henry did this Laughing

Italy OUT of the WC  - Page 13 _83430020_henry

I guess the lads doing a mutiny and not progressing from the Group Of Life was karma right?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Kaladin wrote:http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2012-kofi.gif

VENTURA STAYS rofl

Just sacked now.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:Italy OUT of the WC  - Page 13 23619155_1693010677405254_1450378734_n
rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:57 pm

i think ventura just wants his compansation, which FIGC wont have to pay if he resigns

CUT THAT MAN HIS CHEQUE, HES *bleep* EARNED IT
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Robespierre wrote: Karma is the most abused term ever though

Yep. Everyone calls her a bitch.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:I actually watched th 1982 wc live.... all of it. Italy got 3 crap draws and snuck into the second round by playing catennacio. Cameroon with Roger Milla was actually the best team in Italy's group. But Italy and i forget who knew that as long as the last pool game was a draw with a certain number of goals, they were biith through. The most obvious case of dirty collusion i have ever seen... but typical sjnce italy players were mired in match fixing and corruption before that tournament. Half that italy team should have been banned prior to the tournament by fifa. But of course, fifa was just as corrupt. Then, they continued that by completely getting outplayed by better Brazil and Argentina teams. Paolo Rossi, who was good but by no means wc, had a rabbits foot in that tournament as he scored on everything he touched. Poland was a good win. The final was a forgone con conclusion as Germany we're completely gased after an epic semifinal... which was mired in controversy by the Schumacher incident.

So stfu when you have no idea what you're talking about. Italy put destroyers on Zico, Socrates, Maradona (led by Gentile) and we're completely hated for being a cheating team that fouled its way past the better teams in what was otherwise a wonderful wc. Both the brazil and Argentina games were almost entirely played Italy's half as they parked the bus like the dirty little cheating cowards that they've always been.

Brazil should have won it. Denmark and the USSR we're actually great fun to watch. France had it's coming out as a nt and the world discovered a young Maradona. The two least deserving teams made the final unfortunately.

Italy dominated and demolished Brazil, Italy also had a good goal (Antognoni) called back. It should have been 4-2. You don't know what you are talking about.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Regardless of whether or not you believe Italy didn't deserve to win in many occasions, fact of the matter is, they have 4 World Cups pinned to their name. Four. A number only topped by Brazil and matched by Germany.

Now, you may disagree with the tactics they implemented through those triumphs, but I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that they wouldn't have won anything hadn't they had some of the best footballers in the history of the game defending their colors - and It would be unfair to belittle their achievements just because you happen to hate their tactics.

And let's not forget, there are many nations out there who park the bus or defend heavily when they face first-tier National Teams, but none of them have succeeded in stopping the latters and they sure as hell don't have 4 World Cups nestling in their trophy cabinet. This is partly because no one knows the art of defending better than Italy, and mostly because even in midfield and attack, the Azzurri had WC footballers perfectly capable of laying waste to whoever dared to go up against them.

You may or may not agree with me on this, but football is a cruel sport that only remembers the winner and completely forget about the runner-up or the most deserving team in the tournament.

It doesn't matter whether Chelsea deserved to win that CL or that they bored the living crap out of everybody. In the end, history will only remember 2012 as the year that Chelsea beat everybody to the big-eared trophy and that Zidane is the first manager to ever lift the CL two years in a row in the modern era (even though luck played a massive part in it).

Same thing with Italy, whether we like it or not, they are four-time World Champion. That alone is enough for them to earn a standing ovation from the world.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:13 pm

I feel sick when I read the Nazionale fiasco is because of foreign players to play in Italy.
Three days are passed and still ppl insists on it.
A popular Sky commentator tweeted after Italy Sweden writing Serie A must put the rule of " 6 obligatory Italian players on pitch "  .  PLS rofl
There will be 6 long months. Ppl  will take time to go over the shock and so just when a foreign player will play badly i'll have to listen the argomentation of " foreign player who steal the job to Italian player".
Talking about the immigration as the cause of Italian football problems reminds me terribly the everyday life where you listen the same idiot argomentations.
It is definitely not because of foreign players if Italian football is crap.
If an Italian player is good he always plays , besides there are very average players that have been overrated just because they were Italian. Because everyone wants to have great Italian players on own team.
I don't understand why it 's hard to accept the fact that Italian players are scrub now.
Foreign players aren't a problem . But a resource. And that is motivated :  best Serie A players aren't Italy .
On the other hand we have a whole Italian team called Sassuolo that is just awful.
Really I hate these racists  argomentations. Probably we should build first of all the cultural basis of this country and then thiking to football .. at least we 'd not boo the other anthems anymore.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Italy OUT of the WC  - Page 13 23561410

Do you guys think this seeding is fair? Well, seeding are rarely fair, but I feel this is way too unfair.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Robespierre wrote:I feel sick when I read the Nazionale fiasco is because of foreign players to play in Italy.
Three days are passed and still ppl insists on it.
A popular Sky commentator tweeted after Italy Sweden writing Serie A must put the rule of " 6 obligatory Italian players on pitch "  .  PLS rofl
There will be 6 long months. Ppl  will take time to go over the shock and so just when a foreign player will play badly i'll have to listen the argomentation of " foreign player who steal the job to Italian player".
Talking about the immigration as the cause of Italian football problems reminds me terribly the everyday life where you listen the same idiot argomentations.
It is definitely not because of foreign players if Italian football is crap.
If an Italian player is good he always plays , besides there are very average players that have been overrated just because they were Italian. Because everyone wants to have great Italian players on own team.
I don't understand why it 's hard to accept the fact that Italian players are scrub now.
Foreign players aren't a problem . But a resource. And that is motivated :  best Serie A players aren't Italy .
On the other hand we have a whole Italian team called Sassuolo that is just awful.
Really I hate these racists  argomentations. Probably we should build first of all the cultural basis of this country and then thiking to football .. at least we 'd not boo the other anthems anymore.

Foreign players in Serie A have nothing to do with the quality of the national team. There are quite a few xenophobic Italians that use this false theory because they are uneducated morons. Foreign players, especially good ones, help improve the level of Italian football. There has been a generation of mediocre Italian players who could still, with a decent manager, thrash the likes of Belgium and Spain and draw Germany for 120 minutes only to lose on penalty kicks.

The problem has been the managing, from a "been there done that" Lippi, to a mediocre (for national team purposes) Prandelli, to an excellent Conte and to the bottom of the barrel Ventura. With Conte the national team was as good as the best in Europe and might have gone all the way if Zaza hadn't done the pre-penalty ballet thing.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:33 pm

iftikhar wrote:Italy OUT of the WC  - Page 13 23561410

Do you guys think this seeding is fair? Well, seeding are rarely fair, but I feel this is way too unfair.

It is as a result of the silliest rating system ever invented, the FIFA Ranking system. It is absolutely the craziest algorithm ever dreamed up.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:34 pm

This failure to qualify was always going to lead to even bigger questions. Its expected that now everyone has to look elsewhere for the reasons but the reasons are not outwards but inwards. From the helm, to the managers, to the players that did not deliver.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13