Kick
Doc
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Our next number 9 - thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Our next number 9 - thread

Post by titosantill Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 am

i'm not exactly sure what the debate is here. i've been up for a new 9 since after la decima, i wanted suarez at that point. i'm up for a new cf now, my point is that its not going to be as straight froward as it should be....my fear is about the club signing players whose role is just to ensure benzema remains an undisputed starter. that was my fear when we signed chicharito, morata (who actually earned his buy out), and mariano. i don't think the club will get rid of bale mayoral lucas benzema if they don't have replacements lined up

and the BIGGEST question is whether zidane is open to being ruthless and making such a leap

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:36 am

Exactly Tito we can’t afford to sign half assed players like Andre Gomes, I respect the talent but he does not have the equity to challenge benzema in the regime we live in.

Whoever we sign needs to be a ball out star with huge reputation in the media, someone like Kane makes the most sense because there is no way we will shell out 200 mil and then bench him because benzema. The guy needs to become an automatic starter the day he walks in the club.

If anything I hope that making that caliber of signing makes benzema understand his time in Madrid is over and he leaves to Arsenal or something
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:37 am

Oh I agree with you 100%, especially your last point.

I'm not disagreeing with you, only trying to point out to you what this thread was meant to be IMO.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:37 am

Mbappe is already the best forward on France NT...  DD has tweaked tactics to employ him at his best while Griezmann is no longer playing as a pure striker next to (or around lol) Giroud.  Mbappe and Griezmann take turns dropping off and attacking the box.

And Mbappe was clearly the best player against Wales.  Dream stuff by him.  Griezmann was very good too tbh.  

Btw, I think Griezmann's issue with Atleti is that the level of talent next to him on the attack is straight deplorable.  He doesn't have anyone that he can connect with.  When he plays for France NT, he looks like a completely different player.  Maybe that's something worth considering.  For 100 mil, he's not expensive in today's terms and playing alongside great technical players will likely really open up his game like it does on NT.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 am

And having CR play as a CF with Griezmann playing around him is probably the best scenario for both CR and Grizzy... it seems to fit imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 am

I said it would not surprise me to see Griezmann here next summer given that his release clause is 100 mil, Atlético must be kicking themselves everyday. It’s an option that I can see happening specially if we also get rid of bale finally. But Benzema will still be around because somehow they will play CR Benz Griezmann... I am really sick and tired of that guy so I will keep supporting the Kane option because that guarantees Benzema is out.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 am

Yeah I really dislike Benzema's unworthy hold of the position now....  over a year in fact.  When he was the most talented CF on the club, i supported him.  He's clearly not Madrid quality anymore.

That said, I even have more of an issue with Flo.  He's put us in a situation where we actually have no option other than Benz this year.   Who are you going to bench him for?  Mayoral?  If Asensio wasn't shitty too i'd say move CR to CF and play him...  but if we do that and Benz checks out, we literally have no firepower on the bench.

Really pissed.  We all knew we needed to bring in a great striker this summer and it didn't happen.  We also knew we needed depth at RB and that didn't happen either.

Just do the obvious things ffs.  Nothing fancy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 am

and the whole media campaign benzema is launching in france to ruin Deschamps rofl i can't stand that guy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:21 am

Totally could see us going for Antoine in the summer. 100 million, weakening a rival and getting a lovely forward. Why not. Not a n9 but he is still a ridiculously better option than Benzema.

Realise that the club definitely has no interest in Alexis Sanchez. Personally think he could really be of serious use to us and, once again, a better option than Bale or Benzema.

As for the n9, Kane is definitely the go-to guy for me. Ticks the boxes you want from a striker. Icardi and Andre Silva are good options despite what Nick, Tito, Turok and Hala says. Madrid won't obviously go for them but they are good options regardless.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 am

Yeah i mean come on... you're complete shit and somehow you're being wronged by not being chosen by France NT? Nevermind the players ahead of you are Mbappe, Griezmann, Fekir, Dembele, Lacazette, Coman (who isn't any better btw; but at least he moves around lol), Martial (making a massive comeback), Thauvin, Giroud, etc. Honestly, which one would you drop for Benzema? NONE OF THEM.

He can f off.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:43 am

Wait, Benzema has aspirations of being on the French NT? This version of the French NT where their attacking options are in abundance? Whilst having 1 league goal in November?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:44 am

Doc wrote:Totally could see us going for Antoine in the summer. 100 million, weakening a rival and getting a lovely forward. Why not. Not a n9 but he is still a ridiculously better option than Benzema.

Realise that the club definitely has no interest in Alexis Sanchez. Personally think he could really be of serious use to us and, once again, a better option than Bale or Benzema.

As for the n9, Kane is definitely the go-to guy for me. Ticks the boxes you want from a striker. Icardi and Andre Silva are good options despite what Nick, Tito, Turok and Hala says. Madrid won't obviously go for them but they are good options regardless.
If we sign Icardi and he smashes Georgina, it's your fault
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:51 am

I personally hold you responsible for us not getting Mbappe so I shall accept the responsibility of Icardi.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Doc wrote:Wait, Benzema has aspirations of being on the French NT? This version of the French NT where their attacking options are in abundance? Whilst having 1 league goal in November?

Yes he does. He's completely delusional... lives in an alternate universe imo. Someone needs to save him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 pm

The real quesions is what is the status of Cristiano Ronaldo? Is he slowing down? Can he play in the winger position anymore? Does he want to move into CF position?

Because depending on the we might need a completly different type of player. If he moves into CF, someone like Martial or Griezmann is a nobrainer (I don't mean the specific players but the type of players needed). If he wants to stay as a Winger/striker, we need a very fast/powerful CF.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Babun is back Heart

Your turn Zealous
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am

There aren't a whole lot of fast/powerful CFs out there Babs. Bayern will never sell Lewa. Maybe PSG will let Cavani go. Kane is not fast. I don't trust the over-hyped Italian CFs in Serie A.

We really needed to get one of Mbappe or Gabriel Jesus. We didn't even look at Jesus and screwed the pooch on Mbappe.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Here's an ugly thought!

Ronaldo is displaying some discontent (again) and there seems to be the possibility of him leaving next summer. It also seems like the club has lost patience with Bale. Yet we hear nothing about any discontent with Benz!!!!

So there is a very real possibility that both Bale and Ronaldo leaving but Benz remaining. Given that scenario (and that we need 4 forwards - since it's obvious Zidane is using 3 CMs plus an AM in his formations), we are left with Benz and maybe Lucas as holdovers. ... hardly a pair that would strike fear in opponents.

We do need at least two SCORERS to add to lineup!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 pm

No, it'll be a domino effect if he leaves. He's the glue holding the BBC together. Benzema would get exposed (even more so than now) if Ronaldo leaves, and Bale...well, we wouldn't notice any difference because he would probably be in the treatment room nursing his injuries.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

The banter when CR and Bale leave work but Benzema is still around like a cockroach surviving a nuclear blast
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:48 am

By the way, reading Kane interviews and i this it's safe to say he is not the type that will fight to leave his club.

Feel like we are going to be in a situation where we are settling for second hand talents, until another elite striker appears on the market.

the current elite is too old: Lewandowski, Aguero, Cavani... while the younger ones are taken: Mbappe, Jesus, Kane...

so what's left are the likes of Icardi, werner, belotti etc.. second hand talents, not elite guys. Of that group Icardi might be the most reliable scorer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 am

We need to buy one in January. And not a backup, someone better than what we have.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:51 am

that will not happen
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:25 am

Fekir should get a mention because he's been absolutely stunning for Lyon so far this season...  in 11 Ligue 1 games he has 11 goals and 4 assists. Lyon is in Europa so he we could snag him in January and he'd be CL eligible.

Should grab Ndombele too while we're at it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:31 am

We need a striker not another 10
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 am

CR is our striker.  Fekir is not a 10.  He's like an Alexis Sanchez/Griezmann.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next