Kick
Doc
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Our next number 9 - thread  - Page 9 Empty Re: Our next number 9 - thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 9 Feb - 0:34:25

For those who are not following the big debate in Spain this week was Lewandowski vs Kane who would be best for Madrid.

I think Spurs moving into their new stadium, the fact that Kane is not that interested to sign, Levy + the fact that he doesn't need to sell and will try to make us break the transfer record at 250 mil like Perez said, makes his signing next to impossible for me this summer. I like him, he is great, but too much of a headache in a short summer when there is a world Cup and we have potentially a lot of moves to make.

The Logic.of signing Lewandowski is nice and all, elite now until you find a new talent. But you are spending over 110 mil on a player who has no resale value and why would Bayern sell?

Can't see us signing both. I still think Icardi is the best/most realistic target this summer. 110 mil and he is still very young.

Also I just want to throw this out there, could we convert Griezmann into a full time n9? I know sports would like this. Atletico consistently play him in a second striker role because they have no other option but would he make it as a 9? I was never interested in that before but what do you think?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 9 Feb - 0:49:04

With "big debate in Spain", I assume you mean Marca publishing some more random rubbish as they do weekly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 9 Feb - 1:07:19

well, i mean that's the main topic of conversation on spanish forums, madridista twitter in spain, TV shows, and papers do yes.

Not saying their story is true, but that's what people are talking about.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri 9 Feb - 8:23:22

Nah I don't think Griezmann would make a good 9. Haven't seen him play this year but just style is usually working off the number 9

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 9 Feb - 10:43:24

Mr Nick09 wrote:well, i mean that's the main topic of conversation on spanish forums, madridista twitter in spain, TV shows, and papers do yes.

Because Marca claims that Lewa's agent 'offered' him to Real, which is the kind of stuff they like to write Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri 9 Feb - 13:40:28

Mr Nick09 wrote:well, i mean that's the main topic of conversation on spanish forums, madridista twitter in spain, TV shows, and papers do yes.

Lewa is almost 30. Why would you go north of 100m for a guy who pretty soon is going to fall off the elite ladder?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 9 Feb - 14:38:38

My point exactly DoC there is no point fighting off Bayern for a 30 years old player
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Fri 9 Feb - 15:26:44

Lewa should've joined when he had the chance, he is not getting any younger now, so I guess that ship has sailed. We need someone young to carry the attack for at least 5-6 years, we are not looking for instant success.

Kane is way to expensive and he is Bale v2.0, he will be out of his 'territory' here in Spain, I think he is not suited for La Liga, quite similar to Bale's situation.

My money is on Icardi, young, mobile and hungry.

Other than that I don't see anyone available that could be our main goal threat next season..... Bar Dybala if you manage to price away from Juve
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed 2 May - 3:21:11

it's been awhile since I've been in this so I might as well have my say.

Lewandowski has always been a chump and ive said that consistently. if yall seen the semis at all. yall now know why i dont rate him. his pathetic performance is a surprise to no one.

Kane is also a chump. hard pass. no need for another bale though i wont deny he did pique my interest in the beginning but he has not developed to what i expected...

forget cf actually. the one that interests me the most...
is mohamed salah. I've known him since his time in rome.
but never did i imagine he had blown up the way he has.

if Real Madrid are to strengthen, Salah should be our #1 priority. CR7 is not getting any younger and benz is in decline despite his heroics. this is my opinion on the matter  and we should steal martial while we're at it. mourinho has always been a fool. and in better hands, martial can become an elite cf. do not be fooled by his performances. his lack of stats is only because of incompetence from mourinho.

or we could wait on my man vinicious jr.  Honestly id prefer to see him given a chance. benz isnt getting younger and vinicious from what i observe has what it takes. sometimes u have to take risks. and we could use fresh, young blood like his to rejuvenate our ageing squad.

having said this, i have full confidence on our club to make the right decisions. maybe what the idiots like kane and the lewandowskis of this world need to become world class is the right guiding hand and no hand is better than that of Zidane right now.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 2 May - 3:37:32

so cos of benzema's two goals we should assume he'll give us numbers next season? lol the goals saved us, but i think flo has seen enough...i highly doubt they were enough to save his undisputed starter spot for next season. this is almost a repeat of last season. my main thing is we need a sure starter to get us numbers in all competitions, not just wait until the semis for heroics.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 2 May - 5:05:00

Well his goals did show he's not COMPLETELY useless. He is still pretty useless, but if he can perform in the final he may have earned a reprieve.

I still think we need to buy a striker with the intention of starting over Benz, but looking at Benz's career he's always done better with competition. Maybe he will actually do well if he is the underdog, from the bench, with very limited game time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed 2 May - 5:18:40

sounds like you didnt even read my post titosantill. or seen my other posts in the general section. Benz needs to be sold. thats not up for discussion. 2 goals wont change that.  his numbers are too poor to justify his place on the team. while i praise that he remembered who he was today wont mean he wont revert back to the benz that give no shits. Zidane has given him more than enough time for him to rediscover himself and one game wont change what has been an abysmal season.

What i think the most of you lot dont get is Half the time i dont even defend the benz. i just explain what he does, why he does it,  why he doesnt get shit for it from zidane and team. and  why because of said variables, he has been relatively undisputed upto this point.

you may not like the reality of it but thats fine. for it matters not whether you like it or not. Zidane and Flo has run a steady ship and while this year has been very shaky, i still maintain full confidence on our grand team. If Zidane is content with Benz, that is fine. if Zidane benches benz that is also fine. we can critique all we like but it aint upto us. u lot take things too seriously or you're wayyy too invested into the nonsense that goes on here.

Personally Benz should be sold if he cant handle bench role. we need new blood.

and dont suggest me garbage like lewandowski. u just saw what garbage brings at the highest level of cl football. we dont need such unless zidane thinks otherwise.

Real Madrid should only have the best after all. though if it were upto me id throw money at salah/martial.  or just salah and bring in vinicious who has a better chance of being a success in cl than lewandowski, aguerlol, kane, etc.

i like my cfs fast and technical and we're lacking on speed right now. that should be our top priority imo. which is why i always bring up martial. fast, technical and not afraid to dribble. speed and dribbling ability i feel is missing in our frontline.

both of which vinicious jr would bring in immediately... hm. hmm
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed 2 May - 5:24:24

I think it is out of the question at this point that Benzema cannot keep starting week in and week out for this club anymore. In fact, something we should consider should be to progress to Ronaldo playing central more of the time and surround him to his sides with players which could score and assist goals but also help the team keep equilibrium.

This whole issue of lacking equilibrium with 4312, not having reliable goal scorers, and having to accommodate Ronaldo with Benzema is a big part of what cost us the league. As for who we get, i just hope it's not an overrated donkey Galactico who keeps political ransom on team selection and options ala Bale. Im actually scared Perez goes out and buys players that have nothing to do with what we need.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed 2 May - 5:38:31

dont forget the kommander is also in decline too TMO.
Main reason I name drop Salah is because he is the best replacement for CR7 imo.

not just benz. our entire frontline is in decline and we suffered for it for the first half of the season.

we need new blood. hopefully we invest this summer but i feel the timing is off. world cup is gonna get in the way of any transfer dealings. annoying. especially as Flo has made a habit out of waiting to sign whoever becomes the star of said world cup. dont like delaying. especially as our rivals will no doubt make moves to attempt catching up to us.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue 2 Oct - 15:18:14

It isn't even about CR anymore... Benzema is not just elite when it come to proper CF play. No shot in target in 5 games and this time no CR to blame.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 10 Oct - 1:54:30

@Thimmy, since you are scouting Icardi. How about Piatek, the new polish CF who is leading serie A in goals
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 10 Oct - 4:00:00

Adit wrote:It isn't even about CR anymore... Benzema is not just elite when it come to proper CF play. No shot in target in 5 games and this time no CR to blame.

there will always be someone to blame, just watch
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 10 Oct - 4:59:51

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Thimmy, since you are scouting Icardi. How about Piatek, the new polish CF who is leading serie A in goals

I am not on the Piatek train yet. I'll see how he finishes the season before I sit up and notice, considering he hasn't been able to replicate goal scoring form like this anywhere else in his career in worse leagues. Personally, I think he has one season wonder written all over him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 22 Oct - 3:10:43

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 22 Oct - 9:04:06

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Thimmy, since you are scouting Icardi. How about Piatek, the new polish CF who is leading serie A in goals

He's started the season well, but I've only seen him score headed goals. If we're going to spend a lot of money on someone, I'd prefer if we go for someone who has shown some consistency to justify the purchase. I can't tell what Piatek is capable of, and he's by no means an established player. I personally don't think we can afford to gamble on more future prospects, at this point in time. We need reliability.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 23 Oct - 7:31:29

Look, i dont want Icardi anywhere near this team, and i dont care how effective he is. Strikers like him who contribute absolutely nothing to team play are useless at the very top level of football. This is not an exaggeration, he does nothing outside of shooting on goals.

if the club was never interested in spending 100 mil on this guy, i definitely understands why, and i hope it never changes.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue 23 Oct - 8:08:42

That's your opinion. But most of us are sick and tired of Benzema and we would welcome any improvement on him because continuing with him is absolutely unacceptable.

It's also ironic to me that you would be completely opposed to signing Icardi when you have quite possibly the worst CF out of any CL contender. Although to be fair, we are no longer a CL contender.

You are in no position to be picky. You already have the worst.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 23 Oct - 9:31:29

Mr Nick09 wrote:Look, i dont want Icardi anywhere near this team, and i dont care how effective he is. Strikers like him who contribute absolutely nothing to team play are useless at the very top level of football. This is not an exaggeration, he does nothing outside of shooting on goals.

if the club was never interested in spending 100 mil on this guy, i  definitely understands why, and i hope it never changes.

Well, you seem to be under the impression that I'm actively pushing for his signing. I will keep watching Inter's games, considering I only have access to La Liga and Serie A this season, but it's not necessarily because I'm scouting anyone. I have no power over Real Madrid's transfers. I think Icardi's definitely one of our better alternatives among the targets that we can realistically acquire, but I'd be happy with any improvement on what we already have. I just hope whoever we get is a somewhat established player, and not someone without proper merit, who's young and inexperienced - that's absolutely not what we need right now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 23 Oct - 9:38:45

Icardi is highly dependent on service in the box.  He's very good at finishing those... but he can't create a thing for himself.  I'm not so sure Madrid is good at creating service for pure 9.  Asensio makes bad decisions and Isco looks to score more than pass in those areas.  

Strangely, we lack creativity in the final 1/3 believe it or not.  Bale is the one who, by far, is able to create chances for others.  

So my thought is that we need a CF that can open up shots for himself to have an impact in this current Real Madrid.  Not a lot of those around.  I'd go for Ibra for sure (even if he only plays the last 30 mins of games).  After that, I'd make a move for Ben Yedder or Andre Silva at Sevilla.  If you have Ibra coming in to close games, you don't need a world beater to start...  but you do want someone who can reliably score a bit and can open shooting angles for himself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 23 Oct - 10:05:13

The Demon of Carthage wrote:That's your opinion. But most of us are sick and tired of Benzema and we would welcome any improvement on him because continuing with him is absolutely unacceptable.

It's also ironic to me that you would be completely opposed to signing Icardi when you have quite possibly the worst CF out of any CL contender. Although to be fair, we are no longer a CL contender.

You are in no position to be picky. You already have the worst.

We clearly don't have do sign any scrub because of your baffled opinion on Benzema. Rather wait for a good fit than panic buy an average striker.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue 23 Oct - 10:07:06

What we are lacking is a goal scorer .we conceded similar number of goals against shit teams last season but we were able to massively out score them. This time the problem is we don't have any goal scoring threats and icardi would solve that issue at least. Counter pressing, lack of width etc are other big problems but not addressing them doesn't mean we shouldn't solve the goal scoring problem.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next