urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 11 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Ps. The Brexit midfield of Oxlade-Henderson-Milner did some spirit-of-Dunkirk job, btw.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 11 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:47 pm

0 shots on target in a CL QF

unreal
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Art Morte wrote:Ps. The Brexit midfield of Oxlade-Henderson-Milner did some spirit-of-Dunkirk job, btw.
That's the difference between men vs. boys.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Unbelievable.... why do you always have to let your fans down, Pep

Would still welcome him back, though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:05 pm

0 shots on target rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 pm

It appears that Pep only beats teams he can outspend. What a true legend of the sport.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:It appears that Pep only beats teams he can outspend. What a true legend of the sport.
He outspends everyone, sure can't beat everyone.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Well in the age old argument of Pep made Barca Vs Barca made Pep, looks like the latter has been dominating for quite some time hmm

Absolute hipster. Will probably move Laporte to LW and Sane at LB in the second leg.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Well in the age old argument of Pep made Barca Vs Barca made Pep, looks like the latter has been dominating for quite some time hmm

It is fun to say but not so fair. Just recall where Barca were in the last days of Rijkaard. Pep and Barca were a match made in heaven. Neither has reached that level since that association broke. Yes it's true that after the separation Barca have done better than Pep but that's hardly surprising. Most agree that in terms of the contribution of one individual in a team Pep has to be behind the extraterrestrial Messi and then there are also Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and some others. Not all of City's billions are enough to buy such players.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:18 pm

I remember writing on this forum that I think Liverpool have at least a 49% chance. Then just before the match started the television pundits said look at the gulf in class in midfield. I remembered the old adage that games are won and lost in midfield. At that time thought maybe I had overrated Liverpool's chances. Then the game began and the rest is history.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:19 pm

This is just the beginning of a comeback that will cement Guardiola in CL history
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I remember writing on this forum that I think Liverpool have at least a 49% chance. Then just before the match started the television pundits said look at the gulf in class in midfield. I remembered the old adage that games are won and lost in midfield. At that time thought maybe I had overrated Liverpool's chances. Then the game began and the rest is history.
the way you have to look at it is like this. if liverpool can score 3 in 45mins. then city can score 4 in 90.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Unique wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:I remember writing on this forum that I think Liverpool have at least a 49% chance. Then just before the match started the television pundits said look at the gulf in class in midfield. I remembered the old adage that games are won and lost in midfield. At that time thought maybe I had overrated Liverpool's chances. Then the game began and the rest is history.
the way you have to look at it is like this. if liverpool can score 3 in 45mins. then city can score 4 in 90.

Perhaps they can but can they really not concede even 1 in 90???

Not saying it's impossible for them to go through but if it happens it probably beats what Barca did against PSG in 2016-17.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Unique wrote: the way you have to look at it is like this. if liverpool can score 3 in 45mins. then city can score 4 in 90.

Sure, but you're slightly overrating City while criminally underrating Liverpool here.

Guardiola can still bounce back and win the tie, but it won't be easy. You have to remember who's he up against. Liverpool have become Europe's new Dortmund, they'll gegenpress the living hell out of you until you bang your head against the nearest wall.

One thing for sure though, it doesn't matter whether he wins at the Etihad or not, he lost the battle at Anfield and he has absolutely no excuse for that.

I have defended him on so many occasions, but I'll say this now: don't expect people to keep rating you as elite when every year you're getting your ass handed to you in the CL. Winning the league is great, but you have to prove to people that you can win the CL without the help of Barcelona's number 10. Because guess what? Even Enrique managed to win the treble with him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:12 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Unique wrote: the way you have to look at it is like this. if liverpool can score 3 in 45mins. then city can score 4 in 90.

Sure, but you're slightly overrating City while criminally underrating Liverpool here.

Guardiola can still bounce back and win the tie, but it won't be easy. You have to remember who's he up against. Liverpool have become Europe's new Dortmund, they'll gegenpress the living hell out of you until you bang your head against the nearest wall.

One thing for sure though, it doesn't matter whether he wins at the Etihad or not, he lost the battle at Anfield and he has absolutely no excuse for that.

I have defended him on so many occasions, but I'll say this now: don't expect people to keep rating you as elite when every year you're getting your ass handed to you in the CL. Winning the league is great, but you have to prove to people that you can win the CL without the help of Barcelona's number 10. Because guess what? Even Enrique managed to win the treble with him.
but the same can be said about madrid with ronaldo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 pm

With Bayern he went out against an outstanding Madrid side, OP Barca with MSN and a relentless Atleti (which also eliminated Barca in that campaign), then with City he went out against Barca again so tbf every time he was eliminated by the better team bar Atleti perhaps but that's also debatable.

He hasn't done well in CL but let's not act like he was eliminated by Sevilla level teams in his post-Barca period.

This season, however, he has no excuse. But still, with two attacking teams like Pool and City, it was a gamble. There's still 90 minutes to go still.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 pm

I have defended him on so many occasions, but I'll say this now: don't expect people to keep rating you as elite when every year you're getting your ass handed to you in the CL.

Even Sir Alex Ferguson who is now widely considered the best of all time was often accused of getting it wrong in the UCL far too many times. The difference though is he never had this kind of money to spend.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Myesyats wrote:With Bayern he went out against an outstanding Madrid side, OP Barca with MSN and a relentless Atleti (which also eliminated Barca in that campaign), then with City he went out against Barca again so tbf every time he was eliminated by the better team bar Atleti perhaps but that's also debatable.

He hasn't done well in CL but let's not act like he was eliminated by Sevilla level teams in his post-Barca period.

This season, however, he has no excuse. But still, with two attacking teams like Pool and City, it was a gamble. There's still 90 minutes to go still.

In 2016-17 City went out against Monaco.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Unique wrote:

No, because :

1. No Madrid fan is claiming Z is elite or that he would've won as many trophies without the help of Ronaldo.

2. Both Zidane and Guardiola (with Bayern) were lucky enough to inherit WC squads. And while Zidane went on to win two CLs back to back, Guardiola was busy getting roflstomped year after year even though he had an elite team at his disposal.

#NoExcuse

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Myesyats wrote:With Bayern he went out against an outstanding Madrid side, OP Barca with MSN and a relentless Atleti (which also eliminated Barca in that campaign), then with City he went out against Barca again so tbf every time he was eliminated by the better team bar Atleti perhaps but that's also debatable.

In 2016-17 City went out against Monaco.

Indeed, how the hell have I missed that. In that case, I have nothing in his defence. That's embarrasing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Unique wrote:

No, because :

1. No Madrid fan is claiming Z is elite or that he would've won as many trophies without the help of Ronaldo.

2. Both Zidane and Guardiola (with Bayern) were lucky enough to inherit WC squads. And while Zidane went on to win two CLs back to back, Guardiola was busy getting roflstomped year after year even though he had an elite team at his disposal.

#NoExcuse

but would zz have wont them without ronaldo
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 am

That is question could only be answered if he ends up coaching another club. But at this moment in time, no way to know how Zidane's fortunes would have turned out if Ronaldo was still a Utd player.

In any case, Pep would win you a league handsomely but it seems he has certain issues dealing with the UCL whenever his team faces an opposition that can face him on equal footing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is set to become the world's best-paid manager after signing a new £20m-a-year contract, keeping him at the club until 2020. (Source: Sunday Mirror)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Pep Guardiola crashing in the quarter finals after spending half a billion on a shiny new squad shouldn't go unnoticed despite Roma's incredible comeback.

Reminder that Pellegrini did reach the semifinals with far less and was ridiculed by even City fans.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:07 pm

He has a lot to do to live up to Pellegrini and Mancini IMO. :coffee:

do you see him doing it? I think he will stay 4 seasons before going to Italy
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm

people giving pep stick but is there any fans from other clubs that wouldent take him tomorrow
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next