Onyx
RealGunner
REWB
Motogp69
Die Borussen
Belgera
14 posters

Go down

Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking Empty Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking

Post by Belgera Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am

Euro Club Index

This is interesting. And those, who are doing football betting, might want to check the methodology, as the index may help in giving probabilities to football matches' results.

Belgera
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking Empty Re: Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 pm

mm pretty helpful, hopefully it supplants the few false games that ruin my entire bet each time

thanx for sharing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking Empty Re: Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking

Post by Motogp69 Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 pm

That list is potentially flame worthy, I'll be back, need to grab some popcorn.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm

RM being second ahead of Bayern, man utd, bvb etc....you can’t explain that.

everton replacing inter in the top 25.......you can’t explain that.

Euro Club Index - the ultimate club football ranking 28893464
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:16 pm

That website was made using HTML 1.0 or something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Real Madrid 2nd. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:33 pm

www.whoscored.com/Statistics

inb4 flamed for posting a site where Bayern is #1
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:54 am

REWB wrote:RM being second ahead of Bayern, man utd, bvb etc....you can’t explain that.

Everton are fifth in their league, while Inter are fourth, and the EPL is - by any metric - a stronger league? Add to that the fact that Everton finished 7th last year, while Inter finished 6th. The points totals over the same time frame are also close, less than 10 point difference. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing Everton are the better team - but you can explain it. Quite easily, in fact.

For the same reasons, I'm not going to complain about Zenit being almost 20 places above Liverpool, even though we have a very strong chance of beating them in the upcoming tie. They're near the top of their league, and the difference in performance over the last year is more than large enough to overcome the league strength.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 am

What about RM being 2nd? Anyone in their right mind would rate Juve, Bayern and especially BVB higher. Man U arguably as well. Their methodology claims to be based on current results but is actually just a modified ELO system based on 3 years which is why RM is rated so highly and makes the site horribly flawed as their system is fundamentally the same as UEFA's and FIFA's ranking system.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:15 am

stevieg8 wrote:
REWB wrote:RM being second ahead of Bayern, man utd, bvb etc....you can’t explain that.

Everton are fifth in their league, while Inter are fourth, and the EPL is - by any metric - a stronger league? Add to that the fact that Everton finished 7th last year, while Inter finished 6th. The points totals over the same time frame are also close, less than 10 point difference. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing Everton are the better team - but you can explain it. Quite easily, in fact.

For the same reasons, I'm not going to complain about Zenit being almost 20 places above Liverpool, even though we have a very strong chance of beating them in the upcoming tie. They're near the top of their league, and the difference in performance over the last year is more than large enough to overcome the league strength.
But nobody would seriously argue that Everton is better than Inter, or that Inter are not in the 25 top clubs in the world. That's why these lists are ridiculous.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 am

Imo they have the top 5 right. I don't know how Manchester City is that high or Chelsea that low... Everton instead of Inter etc. Major problems like any website that tries to rank teams...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgera Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 am

"The ECI-values are calculated, based on all relevant match results from several recent seasons, using scientific statistical methods. The impact of more recent matches on the ECI-value is higher than that of older matches. The ECI is constructed in such a way, that its predictive force is maximized."

Though what I don't understand is what is that k-factor determined to be what it is.

Belgera
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:42 am

\
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:

But nobody would seriously argue that Everton is better than Inter, or that Inter are not in the 25 top clubs in the world. That's why these lists are ridiculous.
i do lol
if you are speaking as of now, i have no reason to not believe everton is stronger than inter
obviously inter is the bigger name and that complicates the argument

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:59 pm

The Sanchez wrote:Imo they have the top 5 right. I don't know how Manchester City is that high or Chelsea that low... Everton instead of Inter etc. Major problems like any website that tries to rank teams...
How do they have the Top5 right when Real got spanked by both Bayern and Dortmund within this calender year and they are only 3rd in the Spanish League atm? I thought the list is about evaluating betting chances *right now*...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:10 pm

rwo power wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Imo they have the top 5 right. I don't know how Manchester City is that high or Chelsea that low... Everton instead of Inter etc. Major problems like any website that tries to rank teams...
How do they have the Top5 right when Real got spanked by both Bayern and Dortmund within this calender year and they are only 3rd in the Spanish League atm? I thought the list is about evaluating betting chances *right now*...

I wouldn't call losing on penalties being spanked as its far from it.

Its based on the whole calendar year yes? So why do you count out that Real Madrid went far into the Champions League, won the strongest league in Europe while Dortmund were knocked out in the group stages (whilst winning Bundesliga). So in that sense it is justified.

And beating Real these days is hardly anything to brag about given they were 4th-5th during that time period and are in the worst form they have been in over 2 years.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Arquitecto wrote:And beating Real these days is hardly anything to brag about given they were 4th-5th during that time period and are in the worst form they have been in over 2 years.
Exactly that is my point - I thought this list had a function attached to help people evaluate the outcome of a match to help them decide on whom to bet at. So the list is pretty much worthless if it is compiled over such a long time. IMO a list like this should better only evaluate running seasons as between seasons teams are often completely rebuilt, players added, players leaving etc.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:17 pm

wow juve in 10th? With man city in 6th and Chelsea in 9th? Yea right. Man Utd aren't the 3rd team in the world either.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Why are you guys arguing about the validity of this ranking? I've already explained it's a modified ELO system making it pretty much worthless because ELO is not suited for club football.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Idiot wrote:
i do lol
if you are speaking as of now, i have no reason to not believe everton is stronger than inter

The funny thing is Premhends would probably agree with you Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Surag wrote:
Idiot wrote:
i do lol

The funny thing is Premhends would probably agree with you Laughing
premhends and every rational member :coffee:

although norwich is far below hmm

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down