Albiceleste
Yuri Yukuv
Freeza
Guiltybystander
Ganso
46 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

How much is Marcelo worth? - Page 6 Empty Re: How much is Marcelo worth?

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:06 am

And I am comparing the way you play under Mourinho against Barca not how Real plays against everyone else. I mean it's great you scored 102 goals last season but you only scored 3 in 5 games against Barca. I would say he switched up his tactics a little against them wouldn't you?

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 am

dnmac4 wrote:You guys have come back from further down with less games left to take the league from Barca. I just have never seen a Madrid team play the way Mourinho did against Barca, and with the players and money invested in the team I think it's sad. I mean under Pellegrini you didn't resort to that and played much better. This is the same Madrid that fired Capello after winning titles because he didn't play attractive enough.

Yeah, im sorry nothing personal but I suggest you research more about madrid. This is just all reiterating opinions of pundits.

-In that season we were only involved in the league, this season we wanted a cup.

-We didnt play better under pelle, kaka played his heart out in the first game thats it.

-Capello wasnt fired because of his defensive game

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:18 am

I'm so tired of posters not being able to argue something and just saying you don't know what your talking about or you need to go do research. There may have been other contributing reasons for Capello to be fired but he was fired due to the way they played.

"Capello arrived at a Real Madrid side suffering one of the longest spells without a trophy in their history. He quickly drew the disdain of Real's ardent supporters because of his defensive playing style. In interviews, Capello responded to those critics by saying that the beauty of attacking plays was old. He said that results were much more important than playing beautifully.

Despite winning La Liga, Capello was sacked on 28 June 2007 due to Real's pragmatic style of play at a club with recent memories of the individualistic and free-flowing, but ultimately unsuccessful Galáctico era"
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:20 am

Sorry, but the biggest diving team in the history of football (and it's fans) should never give anyone tips on how to play "good" football.

Watching Barca's sideways passing is slightly less entertaining than watching a pendulum clock ffs.

Sleep
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 am

dnmac4 wrote:I'm so tired of posters not being able to argue something and just saying you don't know what your talking about or you need to go do research. There may have been other contributing reasons for Capello to be fired but he was fired due to the way they played.

"Capello arrived at a Real Madrid side suffering one of the longest spells without a trophy in their history. He quickly drew the disdain of Real's ardent supporters because of his defensive playing style. In interviews, Capello responded to those critics by saying that the beauty of attacking plays was old. He said that results were much more important than playing beautifully.

Despite winning La Liga, Capello was sacked on 28 June 2007 due to Real's pragmatic style of play at a club with recent memories of the individualistic and free-flowing, but ultimately unsuccessful Galáctico era"

Actually I wrote a long response but the browser messed up and it was erased. This is again another example of misleading english media and their speculations.

Capello was actually fired because of beckham, he alienated beckham and put him on the bench (at which point beckham signed a pre-agreement with LA galaxy without the club knowing). The club threatened capello and Beckham featured in the starting line up, his pinpoint crosses and handling of dead balls eventually resulted in the team winning the league on the last day. Capello was already decided gone, his independent decisions at the beginning of the season resulted in the club losing importing marketing, a player leaving without transfer fee what so ever and being the third in the table.

Galactico was perez, capello was part of calderons team.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 am

Outside of Madrid fans I'm pretty sure that most football fans and pundits across the world thought that this years Barca teams was one of the best in history and one of the most entertaining as well. I really don't know what your talking about, but you are 100% wrong as usual.

I have heard people say a lot of flattering things about Jose Mourinho but never have I heard of him playing attractive football.

Pep on the other hand is constantly lauded for playing great and attractive football.

I guess when you grow up you will lose all the hate that is blinding you.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 am

Yes I know. Calderon the President Madrid fans don't like that actually wins titles. And Perez who makes a ton of noise and spends a bunch of money and wins nothing.

Like I said there were other reasons, but the type of football being played was a big factor.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 am

are we still talking about marcelo here?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:25 am

The Madrid One wrote:are we still talking about marcelo here?

lol i thought the same when i was scrolling down this page. Smile
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 am

dnmac4 wrote:You guys have come back from further down with less games left to take the league from Barca. I just have never seen a Madrid team play the way Mourinho did against Barca, and with the players and money invested in the team I think it's sad. I mean under Pellegrini you didn't resort to that and played much better. This is the same Madrid that fired Capello after winning titles because he didn't play attractive enough.

That was Clownderon and Mijatobitch's work, no wonder they left 1 and a half season after
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 am

I supported the firing of Capello, and so did most Madrid fans at that time, for most part of the season we played poorly and the white handkerchiefs were a common feature at the Bernabeu.

His mistreatment of Beckham, Real Madrid's golden chicken also contributed to his firing. He kept playing trash, until he realised he had Beckham on the bench, it was too late for him though, his fate was sealed after Madrid were knocked out of the Champions League, and even though he won the league under rather extraordinary circumstances it was still not enough.

I wouldn't ever think about trading Mourinho for Capello. His rigid tactics and strongman attitude wouldn't have taken us where we wanted to go. Good riddance Mr. Capello.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:23 am

dnmac4 wrote:Outside of Madrid fans I'm pretty sure that most football fans and pundits across the world thought that this years Barca teams was one of the best in history and one of the most entertaining as well. I really don't know what your talking about, but you are 100% wrong as usual.

I have heard people say a lot of flattering things about Jose Mourinho but never have I heard of him playing attractive football.

Pep on the other hand is constantly lauded for playing great and attractive football.

I guess when you grow up you will lose all the hate that is blinding you.

We did play attacking, sure we played defensive against barca, but it doesn't help that you pass it around your defense for 10 minutes
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 am

Yup scoring 102 goals in the league is not playing attractive football lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:53 am

buddytaller wrote:He was able to keep Pedro and Messi quiet
How much is Marcelo worth? - Page 6 34373fbabdcd2949e43a3e791a45296b

Look at how quiet Messi is.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
buddytaller wrote:He was able to keep Pedro and Messi quiet
How much is Marcelo worth? - Page 6 34373fbabdcd2949e43a3e791a45296b

Look at how quiet Messi is.
Look at how good Messi's main marker, Pepe, is.

Oh wait.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 am

albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6