guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 27 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Except Tito, Coca Cola had no sponsorship / partnership with Ronaldo! It was a deal with UEFA for EUROs. Absolutely with Ronaldo on this one. Corrupt UEFA at it’s finest. I’m now expecting them to try to fine Ronaldo, only to find out, legally they can’t!  

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 27 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:57 pm

its not about that. obviously they dont have a partnership with him, cos that would be a super ballsy move to denounce your own sponsor. but news flash in the business of sports, marketing, advertisements exists. and when those exist partnerships exist, that's how these athletes get paid. some of em make more off their endorsements than salaries.

@bill, its a ueaf event. if i host an event, i have every right to put the information of my partners front and center. i have a deal to promote them. its an oxymoron for a fan of a big club to frown at publicity, there's jeep and adidas....madrid utd juve have done bunch of commercials with different companies. i'm not advocating for coca cola, but the same way coca cola have their social and health issues, nike also has its ethical issues

my point is, unless u're 100 percent dependent and u make ure own boots and gears with no partners (even jordan partners with nike), u leave room open for attack on ure own brand as well......but yeah, warrior advertisements, sponsors, those get your clubs paid....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm

Lol, they will just go back to putting up logos at the back instead of placing physical products in front of the players or something...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:56 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Lol, they will just go back to putting up logos at the back instead of placing physical products in front of the players or something...

this.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Naw Tito, the players get nothing out of UEFA. Most of it actually goes into the deep pockets of UEFA (and FIFA) leadership. They are corrupt!

They have no appreciation of who brings in the TV contracts, sponsorship etc, whether it be the players, which NTs, or big clubs!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:26 pm

It's a silly thing to expect athletes to drink coke, even more so considering the stories you hear about CR. Coke owns Dasani, a water brand, and Vitamin Water, both of which would be more appropriate in the context. Surely it makes more sense to promote those brands at a sporting event, especially given that Coke itself doesn't need more brand recognition.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:34 pm

The multi-nationals dont expect players to drink their beverages.

Just it being in font of them and on camera is their method. Players drinking them is a bonus.

Its not just him removing the bottles that was a blow to them but the snide tone when he repeated "Coca-Cola" that laid the blow.

Good on him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:03 pm

sigh, nobody is saying the athletes shud drink it, come on guys how do u think sponsorships work? hypothetical scenario, i own a product, i pay futbol bill nicely to sponsor that product cos he runs an interesting tournament....and futbol decides after all that money paid, he's going not going to put my product on front street but will put it on the bathroom door. i get people are mad at uefa, but where do u expect them to advertise a product? and uefa have put on an event ofcourse they should get paid for it....give to ceaser what is ceaser's

also nobody is saying cristiano shud drink it, my point i'm making is, he is in the marketing field himself. he has products he sells, we know the poor work conditions involved in these products; most big companies have spotty records. i dont disapprove of his message, but the point is, he sells products too....its about throwing stones and glass houses
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 pm

That players associate with equipment brands like Adidas or Nike is only normal. But brands like Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Heineken... i don't mind if they stop sponsoring. All they do is add artificial value as fans we never see the results of those investments.

Athletes, clubs and UEFA are already paid more than they should anyways. The cash flow is enourmous in football and sports in general, you could totally organize a tournament without the help of Coca-Cola.

I wish more players take "statements" like these with the hope that eventually companies will become reluctant to sponsorize as they fear it will backfire
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 pm

My point wasn't about whether they expect him to drink it, more that it's about as appropriate to market coke at a major sporting event as it is to promote prude morals at a strip club. Mentioning him drinking it is an aside. They have other brands in their stable that make more sense in the context of advertising at a major sporting event, particularly given that coke doesn't lack for brand recognition or affinity.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:31 pm

slavic people be like

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:33 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 pm

God I love the Slavs.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:40 am

Myesyats wrote:

This guy looks like the poster child of why you shouldn't drink Coke.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:45 am

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 pm

@RealGunner
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:16 pm

We have absolutely no one like that. Tears in m eyes. That's what you call a leader. GOAT amongst men

Harry fucking Kane nowhere to be seen the entire tournament. I don't even know how he sounds like.

then there is also my man XHAKA before the france penalty shootout

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:19 pm

people make fun of penalty merchants but man, there is no one in the world i would rather have than Ronaldo taking the 5th decisive penalty in a final.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 am

RealGunner wrote:people make fun of penalty merchants but man, there is no one in the world i would rather have than Ronaldo taking the 5th decisive penalty in a final.

Literally, not a single person on this planet I would want other than Ronaldo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:21 am

Doc wrote:
RealGunner wrote:people make fun of penalty merchants but man, there is no one in the world i would rather have than Ronaldo taking the 5th decisive penalty in a final.

Literally, not a single person on this planet I would want other than Ronaldo.

Thought of this too, lots of shoddy penalties. There's certain types of players that just absolutely hammer them in. Ironically, England midfielders used to be great at that, would've taken Steve Gerrard or Frank Lampard any day to a penalty shootout.

Though ideally you'd have Ronaldo and a bunch of Germans. The bigger the better usually, for penalties.

But Ronaldo is absolutely immune to psychological pressure, amazing.
(BTW I'm sure he is not immune, he just puts in the incredible effort to work through it every time, which is probably even more impressive.)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:08 pm

I'd have gone with Matt Le Tissier, personally, if we're going to talk about penalty kick warlords
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Totti was also quite good at penalties wasn't he.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:24 pm

i'd roll with Lampard
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Lol nobody puts best penaldo taker 5th, that's why Italy didn't do it either. Or you could have 2012 Euro's when Cronaldo chickened from the hardest penalty which is the first one, and in the end couldn't even take one. First one is the hardest penalty because it sets the tone from the start. Anything can happen afterwards, but that can't be predicted beforehand.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:01 pm

Harmonica wrote:Lol nobody puts best penaldo taker 5th, that's why Italy didn't do it either. Or you could have 2012 Euro's when Cronaldo chickened from the hardest penalty which is the first one, and in the end couldn't even take one. First one is the hardest penalty because it sets the tone from the start. Anything can happen afterwards, but that can't be predicted beforehand.

Italy's best penalty taker is Jorginho and he went last both times lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:55 pm

M99 wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Lol nobody puts best penaldo taker 5th, that's why Italy didn't do it either. Or you could have 2012 Euro's when Cronaldo chickened from the hardest penalty which is the first one, and in the end couldn't even take one. First one is the hardest penalty because it sets the tone from the start. Anything can happen afterwards, but that can't be predicted beforehand.
Italy's best penalty taker is Jorginho and he went last both times lol.
Apparently Mancini doesn't know how SO's work then.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next