Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano

3 posters

Go down

Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano Empty Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano

Post by jibers Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 pm

The most important footballer in Madrid's illustrious history, perhaps in European football history. He shaped the landscape of European football and the effects are still being felt today. One of the 5 kings of football.

Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano Alfredo-di-stefano-1404602998
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano Empty Re: Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano

Post by Doc Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Madrid feel they slick by leaving out the Faubert presentation but I remember that one.

He really was a legendary figure. Yeah, the term legendary does get thrown about recklessly but I reckon there is no argument about his legendary status. Without him, Madrid isn't the club it is now. An incredible footballer who literally changed the landscape of a club's future.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano Empty Re: Two years without Alfredo Di Stefano

Post by Valkyrja Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:46 pm

I've always wondered who today plays most similar to him?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Valkyrja wrote:I've always wondered who today plays most similar to him?

Kevin De Bruyne springs to mind, especially at the start of the season. The way he picks up the ball from defence, his blond hair, the way he goes to the flanks, and carries the ball in the centre and at the start, the way he got into the box. He looks like a very modern interpretation of Di Stefano. Also has a very similar build, relatively of course.

I would say Nasri but his movement is so much like Cruyff's in Netherlands 1974 team and Ajax in 71-73. He is literally everywhere. Stylistically, Modric is like a mini-Cruijff with his movement and passing, just on a lower level and he is a lot smaller.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down