Magricos
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
theaguia
guest7
rsinatra
15 posters

Go down

Dunga was right about Neymar and Ganso.  Empty Dunga was right about Neymar and Ganso.

Post by rsinatra Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 am

by Vitor Birner in Portuguese (http://blogdobirner.virgula.uol.com.br)

A big part of the Brazilian population believes that the Seleção's defeat to Holland and consequent elimination from the 2010 World Cup was due to the fact that Dunga didn't call up Ganso and Neymar.

I often defended the work of Brazil's former coach.

My only criticism was against the isolation of our athletes at their training center during the tournament, for I feared that the excess of tension would end up resulting in exaggerated tension on the pitch.

The match against Holland showed the mistake made by the coach.

I did not approve of Júlio Baptista's either.

I would've taken Santos midfield man (Ganso), but that doesn't change the fact that Dunga did a good job.

It's worth remembering the fact that he inherited a very careless, unmotivated squad, who displayed a shameful behavior at the 2006 WC.

The weak performances by the Santos stars at the Copa América confirmed Dunga was right.

They need some experience/getting-used-to to be able to repeat their performances with the Libertadores champions with our national team.

Mano, who is not responsible of the Brazilian elimination from the Copa América, dd well in insisting in the two boys.

The possibility of Brazil having a great squad for the 2014 WC is directly linked to their performances.

And only by playing, will they be able to adapt. They've got the potential.

The analysts of results and titles today are going for Mano's throat.

To join them would be convenient for me, because saying that which satisfies the unhappy (who love the seleção, are dissatisfied, I don't blame them) will make me look good.

I've never done that.

Those who like football, the game itself, besides trophies and wins (it's fundamental to emphasize that good football end up in victories), understand the seleção's moment and the reasons for the fiasco.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Dunga was right about Neymar and Ganso.  Empty Re: Dunga was right about Neymar and Ganso.

Post by rsinatra Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

Some people believe that the kids need to be options, like, ride the seleção's bench a little... and then have some bigger names come in like Kaká and stuff.. I'm not sure I agree... they need to play lest we they do well at the WC.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Dunga was right about Neymar and Ganso.  Empty Re: Dunga was right about Neymar and Ganso.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

How old were Ganso and Neymar in 2010??? No way they were the cause. They're very talented... but not that good yet. They're not close to being WC.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

sportsczy wrote:How old were Ganso and Neymar in 2010??? No way they were the cause. They're very talented... but not that good yet. They're not close to being WC.

rofl agreed!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:45 am

omarish are you actually rolling on the floor wiht laughter because of that comment>?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

theaguia wrote:omarish are you actually rolling on the floor wiht laughter because of that comment>?

Maybe. Rolling Eyes
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

sportsczy wrote:How old were Ganso and Neymar in 2010??? No way they were the cause. They're very talented... but not that good yet. They're not close to being WC.

One year younger, but they did lead us to two titles already, one of which qualified us to the 2011 Libertadores, which we won. But yeah it's crazy, after the WC Neymar went on to create a LOT of trouble before finally learning to behave later on. Imaigne him at the WC, he probably wouldn't have dared to do anything on the pitch.

Ganso was already 20 though, he would've been a better option that Julio Baptista.

Either way, I think he might have done with Ganso and Neymar the same that was done with Ronaldo Fenomeno in 1994. Ronaldo was 18 back then, and got called up. He didn't play one single match, one single minute. He was just riding the bench. But he trained with the team, and he said that just by being there and playing with those players gave him a LOT of experience. Perhaps if they'd done that last year, they would've been a bit better this year. But that's all speculation, of course.

Last edited by rsinatra on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 am

Also, what many people mean by it being the reason we lost to Holland, is that we just didn't have many option. When Holland scored 2-1 and things got ugly, who did we have on the bench? Baptista? Kleberson? Josue? Which of them can reaaally make a difference?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 am

With Brazil having no wc qualifiers wouldn't it be even more harder for the likes of Ganso and Neymar to get used to national team.So keeping them on the bench for some matches and rotating with the likes of Kaka will be pointless IMO.They should play as much as possible.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:omarish are you actually rolling on the floor wiht laughter because of that comment>?

Maybe. Rolling Eyes

im just pulling your leg dont worry
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Not taking Ronaldinho and Pato was far worst. Leiva would of did well too.

Ganso and Neymar weren't ready, and by the looks of the Copa America, still aren't. Was impressed with Ganso, though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Leiva wasn't even playing well at the time he shouldn't have been taken.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:56 pm

The only i quarrel i had about dunga's reign was his inability to make use of the younger generation..

His tactics and first eleven were perfect, the only way that side could've lost is by sabotage and luck.

I feel no sympathy for him, nor do i feel his resignation was undeserved. He refused to hear the pleas of everyone around him and decided to do his own thing, wtf was he thinking taking Julio Baptista along after his horrible horrible form for Roma.

Dunga was not right about Ganso and Neymar , he made an assumption that they wouldn't work, without even trying to use them in the build up to the world cup, not even Hernanes was given a real chance and he was the best midfielder in brazil for 2-3 season's.

The state in which Brazil Nt find themselves in has much to do with Dunga's inability to introduce the youngsters into the team, which is why he is not suited to be Brazil's current coach. His success has come at the cost of Brazils younger talents being excluded from a great learning experience..

If you think about it who of the Brazilian team that might take the field in 2014 have played in a wc before, only T.S, Dani and Julio might make be the only ones and between them only Julio played a significant role in Dunga's side. Mentally how prepared will they be ?

This is why Mano HAD to play ganso, neymar , pato, ramirez, because these youngsters will form the core of the next two wc sides in 2014 and 2018.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Should have took Pato And Neymar
Good Read
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm

It's time to get Robinho out of the team, I don't get why he's insisted upon. Marcelo played as an left winger would create more for the team and also contribute to defense and midfield with his intense work rate.

paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:51 pm

im ok with not calling up neymar because he was very young,but ganso has been great and consistent for the past years,he should have called him up for the bench.

Elano got injured,look who we had in the bench?Kaka got red carded?Who the hell did we have in the bench?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Magricos wrote: Leiva wasn't even playing well at the time he shouldn't have been taken.
LUcas had a good season and a far better one than Melo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Magricos wrote: Leiva wasn't even playing well at the time he shouldn't have been taken.
LUcas had a good season and a far better one than Melo.
as i said,brazil nt coaches call up their friends,not players who had good seasons

ridiculous i know,i cringe every time i see andre santos now and when i used to see felipe melo in 2010
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Ganso wrote:im ok with not calling up neymar because he was very young,but ganso has been great and consistent for the past years,he should have called him up for the bench.

Elano got injured,look who we had in the bench? Kaka got red carded? Who the hell did we have in the bench?

Ronaldinho and Pato had great seasons, they should have been taken. And watching Gilberto go against Robben almost made me vomit.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 pm

I would have taken Hernanes.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 pm

I just think there's a void left from the Brasil's golden generation (Cafu, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, Romario etc)

All those guys are done are not being called up anymore (Kaka, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos) for younger guys, so I think Brasil went from not having that generation (World beaters) anymore to having the one after (lead by Luis Fabiano and Robinho at the Confederations Cup).

Now they are trying blend in that group with the younger generation. It's a transition, and I am not quite sure why Brasil expects this generation or any generation any time soon to reach the level of the one that was dominating for so long lead by Ronaldo. Not a diss, it's just that it is a hard feat to achieve again so quickly for any country

just my 2 cents

Last edited by windkick on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Dunga team was a beast.

They probably would have beaten Spain. But cheating and diry holland players broken so much hard work. In the first half, Holland was getting destroyed by Brazil.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:13 pm

They had to start from somewhere though. the sooner, the better
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down