Why is English punditry so different?

5 posters

Go down

Why is English punditry so different? Empty Why is English punditry so different?

Post by breva Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:28 am

Reading the blogs and newspaper opinion pages from England, you get a completely different world view. More than one pundit, and I am not going to supply links, has Man City easily through and Arsenal with a better than a 50/50 chance against "today's weakened" Bayern, as they have decided to rate Bayern. More astonishing I have read pundits claiming Leicester will easily go through. More entertaining are the pundits for Arsenal that claim that Arsenal has lost so consistently against Bayern, that this year is the year in which the tide will turn.

If you read the Spanish or Italian press, you will read the Madrid is worried about Napoli and Juventus is worried about Porto, for example.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why is English punditry so different? Empty Re: Why is English punditry so different?

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:35 am

I would like to think it is just certain English media houses just marketing their product (English teams in the EPL) appropriately and pushing a certain agenda through paid pundits.

Of course, City can easily go through as well as LC and Arsenal does have a 50% chance to go through so their "analysis" isn't misplaced.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Why is English punditry so different? Empty Re: Why is English punditry so different?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:35 am

Some links and quotes would be nice as opposed to blanket statements
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

Ok, here is one there are 100s that are the same. I don't know anyone that thinks that Bayern is not a much better team than Arsenal outside of premfaces. It's not 50/50 by a long shot.

“I genuinely think this is a 50/50 draw. When you look at the squads, we've both got plenty in terms of quality and depth,” Nicholas told Sky Sports.

“I understand people will say Bayern are favourites, but why? Have they got a much better team? No.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/742763/Arsenal-Champions-League-Bayern-Munich-last-16-Charlie-Nicholas
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:48 am

You mean, a former Arsenal player is being biased towards Arsenal. Shocking.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:56 am

That's not the only one. But former players who are pundits in other countries are not like that. For example, a former Real player now pundit. It has got to be cognizant dissonance with the prem faces that can't see the difference.

"Sorteo UEFA Champions League
Butragueño: "Napoli will be a very dangerous opponent"

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2016/12/butragueno-napoli-will-be-a-very-dangerous-opponent
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:34 am

You can find many examples for and against, Boban takes a dump on Milan every other week lol (rightfully so)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down