jibers
Nishankly
rincon
Kick
Art Morte
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Pep correct to oust Hart? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Pep correct to oust Hart?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu 25 Aug - 6:38

VivaStPauli wrote:
free_cat wrote:
danyjr wrote:Bravo is an upgrade on all fronts compared to Hart, it is not even just about ball playing skills.

Having said that the obsession of Guardiola is something to be wary of. I personally hope he doesn't succeed at City, much like I really enjoyed his miserable stint at Bayern.

Miserabls stint at Bayern. Laughing Laughing

He just was the most successful coach they ever had in 3 seasons.

If you mean that Pep was the most successful coach Bayern ever had in those 3 seasons he was there, I actually agree.

rofl

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu 25 Aug - 7:05

sportsczy wrote:ffs, Pep is not the most "successful" coach in Bayern history...  just based on facts alone:

Lattek - 9 seasons
6 Bundi titles
3 Cups
1 CL
1.11 trophies per season

Hitzfeld - 7 seasons
5 Bundi titles
4 Cups
1 CL
1.43 trophies per season

Heynckes -  6 seasons
3 Bundi
1 Cup
1 CL
0.83 trophies per season

Pep - 3 seasons
3 Bundi
1 Cup
1.33 trophies per season

IMO, CL trumps Bundi...  especially in today's Bundi that is non-competitive.  Hitzfeld is the most "successful" if you're just looking at major trophy stats anyhow.

And please don't bring up the garbage supercups, cwc and other nonsense.

2 Cups
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 7:25

sportsczy wrote:ffs, Pep is not the most "successful" coach in Bayern history...  just based on facts alone:

Lattek - 9 seasons
6 Bundi titles
3 Cups
1 CL
1.11 trophies per season

Hitzfeld - 7 seasons
5 Bundi titles
4 Cups
1 CL
1.43 trophies per season

Heynckes -  6 seasons
3 Bundi
1 Cup
1 CL
0.83 trophies per season

Pep - 3 seasons
3 Bundi
1 Cup
1.33 trophies per season

IMO, CL trumps Bundi...  especially in today's Bundi that is non-competitive.  Hitzfeld is the most "successful" if you're just looking at major trophy stats anyhow.

And please don't bring up the garbage supercups, cwc and other nonsense.

Pep won 2 cups.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 7:27

Pep was the best domestic coach we have had, in terms of results, since Lattek.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 25 Aug - 7:31

Personally I think this keeper switch is not going to help City at all hmm

Also kinda gutted if Everton do borrow the cash to hire Hart, he'd be class for them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 7:33

The keeper switch is going to help them without a doubt. The GK under Pep has a lot more ground to oversee, it's better to have someone used to sweeping behind a high line, apart from the aforementioned passing stuff.

Not that they wouldn't have won the league with Hart, too, easily.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 25 Aug - 7:34

Hapless_Hans wrote:Pep was the best domestic coach we have had, in terms of results, since Lattek.

When was the last time the new Bayern coach was handed a dominant treble-winning team?  Or do most new Bayern managers take the job after the team is playing badly and they need a change... or that there's some level of dysfunction at some level of the club... so there's some level of rebuilding to do?

I think the domestic league was handed to Pep on a platter.  He would have been a complete fraud if he'd lost Bundi.  He's not a fraud.  But he's not one of the best managers, league or otherwise, that Bayern has had.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 25 Aug - 7:36

Bayern can hire Brocchi and they'll still win Bundi lmao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 25 Aug - 7:45

Can people stop trying to turn this into a "discussion of Pep at Bayern" thread, it's been done to death at this point and it's annoying really.

Bravo is better than Hart in most aspects of goalkeeping, so yes it is the correct move. Moreover, as others have noted, he fits Pep's philosophy much better. This is a good move for Pep no doubt. It's a bit too bad for Hart but he could have tried to learn to play Pep's way and decided not to
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 7:55

sportsczy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Pep was the best domestic coach we have had, in terms of results, since Lattek.

When was the last time the new Bayern coach was handed a dominant treble-winning team?  Or do most new Bayern managers take the job after the team is playing badly and they need a change... or that there's some level of dysfunction at some level of the club... so there's some level of rebuilding to do?

I think the domestic league was handed to Pep on a platter.  He would have been a complete fraud if he'd lost Bundi.  He's not a fraud.  But he's not one of the best managers, league or otherwise, that Bayern has had.

It's just a statement of fact. 3 seasons, 2 doubles and another league title.
Point tally 90 points, 79 points, 88 points.
That is 2nd, 3rd, and 5th of the best seasons ever played since the introduction of the 3 point count (Jupp's 12/13 is 1st with 91, Klopp's 11/12 4th with 81).
I can add to the enumeration of records with unbeaten runs, goals scored, goals conceded, but why bother.

If you want to go ahead and add all kinds of circumstantial arguments why that isn't a great performance by Pep, I can't stop you. Fire away Laughing

Bottom line is, Pep is a monster of a league coach, and he will of course confirm that in the Pl too. Why wouldn't he.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 25 Aug - 7:57

Because he doesn't have an overwhelming talent advantage and his crazy experiments will lead to his team losing points in EPL... which will cost him the league until he becomes pragmatic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 7:58

sportsczy wrote:Because he doesn't have an overwhelming talent advantage and his crazy experiments will lead to his team losing points in EPL... which will cost him the league until he becomes pragmatic.

He has an overwhelming talent advantage and his so called 'experiments' lead to him being the most consistently successful coach Laughing

But it's ok, we can talk after the season.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu 25 Aug - 8:27

I fear for Guardiola I really do should Agüero get injured.

Hans, the way you defend Guardiola times and times again by mentioning his bundesliga record is really cute. I know you don't wanna admit that his tenure was a failure but don't worry brah, you're in the good hands of Don Carletto now. He's going to heal your wounds Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 8:41

danyjr wrote:I fear for Guardiola I really do should Agüero get injured.

Hans, the way you defend Guardiola times and times again by mentioning his bundesliga record is really cute. I know you don't wanna admit that his tenure was a failure but don't worry brah, you're in the good hands of Don Carletto now. He's going to heal your wounds Proud

You can think it's cute or whatever, it just always baffles me again how a guy can, with Bayern, play the two seasons with least goals conceded in the league's history in a row yet somehow it seems to come natural to quite some people to say stuff like he 'needs to stop his experiments and become pragmatic'.
It's like people live in some alternate universe.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 25 Aug - 8:47

Hapless_Hans wrote:The keeper switch is going to help them without a doubt. The GK under Pep has a lot more ground to oversee, it's better to have someone used to sweeping behind a high line, apart from the aforementioned passing stuff.

I simply find this aspect of the GK's game overrated in today's game. It's very, very few points that you win thanks to your keeper being good with his feet.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 25 Aug - 9:02

Art Morte wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:The keeper switch is going to help them without a doubt. The GK under Pep has a lot more ground to oversee, it's better to have someone used to sweeping behind a high line, apart from the aforementioned passing stuff.

I simply find this aspect of the GK's game overrated in today's game. It's very, very few points that you win thanks to your keeper being good with his feet.

And how exactly would you be able to quantify that?

Bottom line is Pep has requirements for how his keeper plays, part of the whole team's approach which is very successful.
It's normal that coaches prefer, say, one midfielder over another. In this case, it happens to ba a GK. Let's not pretend that Hart didn't have it coming.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu 25 Aug - 10:37

Yes because Bravo is better at everything. He's dumping him for a superior goalie.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 25 Aug - 12:24

Yes. Pep is wrong 99 % of the time but this time he is correct. Hart sucks and Bravo is great.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu 25 Aug - 13:07

Art Morte wrote:Personally I think this keeper switch is not going to help City at all hmm

Why? The goalkeepers are the first attackers. They start the play. Most top teams build from the back. No negatives exist in having a goalie who is good with the ball at his feet. I can’t say the same when the goalie is crappy with the ball.

Pep has his style and City hired him for that style. Bravo is a better shot stopper than Hart, and aside from Ter Stegen and Neuer which top goalie is better with the ball at his feet? He’s the best signing City could do, and it was an upgrade on all fronts.

If City is under intense high pressure, a goalie who is comfortable with the ball can aid the team in playing out of that pressure. Ball-playing goalies body position themselves in a way that creates passing angles under pressure. I don’t understand how you think it wouldn’t help. Look at the following situations:

City is under high pressure:
Bravo holds the ball just long enough to get one of the opposing strikers who were formerly marking one of the CB to run towards him. Bravo can scoop the ball cooly over that defender’s head, and City will have a free CB who can run with the ball. City has slightly disorganized the opposition’s press, and that will help them in transitioning forwards.

Say, an open player is on the wing. If Bravo can get the ball to that player on the wing, the winger can turn with the ball and attack directly. City has disorganized the opposition’s press, and they can counter attack. Chances are they also have a numerical advantage.

If City is under intense high pressure and they can’t build up from the back, a good ball playing goalie can pick out the striker who can lay it off to a free midfielder/winger.

When City isn't under pressure:
If City is facing a team that is sitting back, then they can calmly build from the back. A good ball playing goalie can make a smart pass which will lead to a cleaner build up. Good build up allows City’s attacking players to be in position, and counter attacks against them become much harder.

I named the most common situations, but surely you can see now, why building from the back and having a ball playing goalie is an advantage. Assuming the team is under high pressure, and there is a free man, they can pick that player out and transition quickly. If they’re able to build patiently from goalie -> defenders -> midfielders -> attackers, counter-attacking against them becomes much harder as the players are in the correct positions to stop them.

As I said before, this isn't even a Pep/Barca thing. Almost all top teams build from the back. Maybe, not as incessantly as Pep does, but building from the back has more advantages than it does disadvantages. So, yes, Bravo's signing will considerably help City's attacking and defensive play.

Last edited by Casciavit on Thu 25 Aug - 13:14; edited 2 times in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu 25 Aug - 13:11

Nice post Cas.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 25 Aug - 13:42

Bravo isn't gonna help City substantially lmao, pointless signing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 25 Aug - 14:19

You need grit and steel to win the PL, not a keeper being able to use both his feet to pass from the back hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu 25 Aug - 14:53

Especially if both his feet are frozen to the ground on a cold night at the Britannia..!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 25 Aug - 16:27

Ridiculous how underrated bravo is.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 25 Aug - 16:30

Hart's stronger than Bravo but he's beat everywhere else. I see nothing wrong with this decision. So far, anyway.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 25 Aug - 16:55

he was given the job before the season was over, he must have watched hart to know whether or not he wants him. i agree with many people on here that the whole "goalie should be able to use his feet" thing is overstated and isn't of huge significance in getting points let alone winning the title. however, if that's what a coach wants, then so be it. a coach should go for what he feels is right, not what the fans, director, president or whoever feel.

if bravo is messing up and hart's still not getting shine cos of personal reasons or because the manager doesn't want to admit his decision was foolish, then that's a different case. then it becomes about ego and trying to save face, no longer about business
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next