Post by Freeza Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 16:52

This is really tough to see tbh.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 34 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by Nishankly Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 17:18

That's good Freeza, Its better that these types of peoples are vocal rather than putting up a straight face and lying which is much much more dangerous.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 17:49

Nishankly wrote:That's good Freeza, Its better that these types of peoples are vocal rather than putting up a straight face and lying which is much much more dangerous.

These types of people though... These are children. Most likely these chants are something that they've picked up, because it's something that's being said at home.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 17:52

Also regarding electoral college. You may not agree with me, but atleast the president-elect does

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 17:58

Natalie Portman wrote:
Fully expect Geert Wilders and Le Pen to continue this wave in 2017 elections of Netherlands and France.

Can someone please explain what Le Pen wants to do?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 17:59

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah ridiculously stupid protests, at least they're peaceful

About as peaceful as the "masked Snipers protestors" in Ukraine in February 2014 to overthrow Yanukovich. All orchestrated by the "Colour revolutions" globalist master, George Soros.

US Presidential Race - Page 34 Screen10

US Presidential Race - Page 34 Screen11

US Presidential Race - Page 34 Screen13

US Presidential Race - Page 34 Screen12

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3922098/The-backlash-begins-Disgruntled-anti-Trump-protesters-refuse-accept-election-result-gather-New-York-cities-country.html

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 18:04

Nishankly wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
Fully expect Geert Wilders and Le Pen to continue this wave in 2017 elections of Netherlands and France.

Can someone please explain what Le Pen wants to do?

Much tougher on border security and immigration, much more interrogation into what is being preached in French mosques, a FRExit referendum, EU-skeptic, and better relations with Russia.

I have 2 flatmates, One if French, and one is Czech. The French one says he thinks Sarkozy will win, and France isn't won't vote for Le Pen yet unless we see another round of terrorist attack frenzy, plus with the 2-round election system, the centrist and centre left can always collide to avoid a Le Pen presidency.

But then again, both of them laughed at how confident I was of President Trump last week, and now owe me drinks this coming weekend.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 18:07

I really don't get protestors burning American flag, waving Mexican flag with holding "#NotMyPresident" sign. You're burning country' flag, waving a foreign country flag instead and saying Not your President ??

Enrique Peña Nieto can be your president instead. If you have no respect for American flag, no body is stopping you from returning to the country whose flag you're waving while setting the American flag on fire.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 20:02

Freeza wrote:
Nishankly wrote:That's good Freeza, Its better that these types of peoples are vocal rather than putting up a straight face and lying which is much much more dangerous.

These types of people though... These are children. Most likely these chants are something that they've picked up, because it's something that's being said at home.

To be fair my sister was being called a chink and dog eater by kids at school back when Obama was president. Kids are just racist no matter the president lol. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 20:26

Freeza wrote:This is really tough to see tbh.

I live literally 10 minutes away from this school. Royal Oak is millennial/hipster haven too.....really surprising.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 21:42

Another fantastic video by Paul. Great watch....where would we be without the alternative media, seriously ?!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 23:17

Sepi what are your thoughts on Mike Pence? I remember you were quite vocal about LGBT rights.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 23:35

Natalie Portman wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah ridiculously stupid protests, at least they're peaceful

About as peaceful as the "masked Snipers protestors" in Ukraine in February 2014 to overthrow Yanukovich. All orchestrated by the "Colour revolutions" globalist master, George Soros.
Spoiler:

Oh Laughing Well around here it didn't get violent at least.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 2:11

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

Have to say that I agree with 1/4th of this and I imagine the average lliberal would agree with somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of it. When you look at his policy proposals it's not hard to see why he turned some blue states red. It's just his person that is repelling.

I wonder how he would have done had he been more polished and refrained from insulting women, muslims, mexicans, the disabled, etc. A popular vote landslide would not have been out of the question.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 3:03

As an American citizen, I am horrified and ashamed...  a bigoted con artist became president of the US.  He conned banks into funding his real estate, declared bankruptcy (reorg, not liquidation) and ended up owing pennies on the dollar 3 freaking times.  He created a bogus University to make money.  He lied about every single freakin thing in his campaign... yet people at it up DESPITE the media calling him out on it.  Heck, he even question Obama being born in the US DESPITE Obama making his birth certificate public.

Racist, demeaning to women and a pathological liar as bonuses.

He makes Bernie Madoff look like a choir boy.

Shows how many dumb people the country has. Trump is one the worst kind of human being there is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 3:52

M99 wrote:Sepi what are your thoughts on Mike Pence? I remember you were quite vocal about LGBT rights.

He's way too religious for my liking, but I can understand what he adds to the ticket, since Trump isn't really a republican...so he needed him to secure the Evangelical vote.

Trump himself is pretty socially liberal, so as long as a crazy lunatic on the Left doesn't do a JFK on him, Pence will be irrelevant.

@Sportsczy: keep shaking. it's delicious to watch. I'm bathing in your tears.

My friend on campus today was spat on for wearing a MAGA hat.I just came back...saw a few students arguing and a girl wearing a MAGA hat being surrounded by 4 guys who were yelling at her. I went and joined and we had a healthy discussion and calmed the mood. Such toxic atmosphere, thanks to the media that for a year has tainted Trump as Hitler, as us as neo-nazis.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 4:04

sportsczy wrote:As an American citizen, I am horrified and ashamed...  a bigoted con artist became president of the US.  He conned banks into funding his real estate, declared bankruptcy (reorg, not liquidation) and ended up owing pennies on the dollar 3 freaking times.  He created a bogus University to make money.  He lied about every single freakin thing in his campaign... yet people at it up DESPITE the media calling him out on it.  Heck, he even question Obama being born in the US DESPITE Obama making his birth certificate public.

Racist, demeaning to women and a pathological liar as bonuses.

He makes Bernie Madoff look like a choir boy.

Shows how many dumb people the country has.  Trump is one the worst kind of human being there is.

If it makes you feel better he lost the popular vote, barely, but still did. That says a lot about the majority of the electorate(that voted). Still nearly 60 million voted for him though. These are people you live next to, send your kids to school with, pay taxes to support, and consider your countrymen. Sobering thought.

Everything feels weird. I cant say I am disappointed. I was disappointed in 2004, but really I didnt feel anything until I saw Obama in the oval office with him today. Did not like that feeling at all. Not even because of what Trump said while running, but just because of how he disrespected Obama so much, and now Obama has to roll out the red carpet for him.

I am probably going to emigrate. Not even just because of Trump either, but because America doesnt really feel like home anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 4:25

Election officials do not finalise the data until about two weeks after polling day. But the US Elections Project estimates that 128.8m Americans voted, out of 231.5m eligible voters - a turnout rate of 55.6%. In 2012, turnout was 58.6%, and in 2008 it was 62.2%.

So nearly HALF the population didn't vote? Wow

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 4:38

I think that has the electoral college to blame. If your vote doesn't count, what bother going at all?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 7:43

rwo power wrote:@iftikhar

Zigra's estimate sounds about correct IMO.

The far right groups are usually stronger the more eastern you go, so I really hope the people in my home state (NRW, that is) don't vote too stupidly.

But then, Hannelore Kraft (Minister President of North Rhine-Westphalia) is usually pretty well-liked and considered fairly competent as politicians go, so she will hopefully get to the helm of NRW again. (She would very likely have a bigger chance to win against Angela Merkel than e.g Sigmar Gabriel, but she already refused to run as candidate as she prefers to govern NRW.)
I think they will poll around 15% votes. Since they will eat into votes of all parties, this will hurt the smaller parties (Left, Green and FDP) most and possibly wipe-out at least one of them from Parliament.

While none of CDU/CSU or SDP may garner enough votes/seats to form a government, the usual CDU/CSU-SDP coalition will still have a commanding majority.

However, the question is how long can the government resist policy (change) pressure from such a strong opposition (group). Only once since unification a party other than CDU/CSU or SDP garnered such support.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 7:54

Why are so many US citizens horrified?

2 days of Trump: Russia and Syria have publicly announced wanting peace with US. Israel's Prime Minister announced that they want to repair the damaged relationship between them and the US. DOW closed today at an all-time high. Canada and Mexico have announced they are willing to renegotiate NAFTA with the US.

Your judgement is clouded. Forget what Trump might have said and acknowledge what he is already doing for America.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 8:41

Myesyats wrote:Why are so many US citizens horrified?
Maybe because of stuff like this:
Claims of hate crimes possibly linked to Trump's election reported across the US
Social media was rife with accounts of sometimes violent incidents of hate crimes targeted at Muslims, Latinos and African Americans after the election
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/10/hate-crime-spike-us-donald-trump-president

Or because of fears of  this:
Expect to see several other key Obama initiatives bite the dust on 21 January as Trump has said that “on my first day, we’re going to immediately terminate every single unconstitutional executive order signed by President Obama”.

One possible target of such slash-and-burn tactics will be Obama’s efforts to combat climate change.
(...)
The president-elect has similarly threatened to act swiftly to unpick the Clean Power Plan that promotes sustainable energy sources and restricts the development of carbon-based energy. He might also revive the idea of the Keystone pipeline as a way of poking environmentalists in the eye.
(...)
One final flourish might appeal to the rookie president. An announcement of his pick to fill the vacant seat of the ninth US supreme court justice would be an excellent way of pleasing his supporters while sending an icy chill down the spines of liberals.

Trump has already issued a shortlist of potential choices, drawn exclusively from the conservative wing of jurisprudence. Many of the candidates are virulently anti-abortion, signalling that the new president really does intend to overturn Roe v Wade, the ruling that legalised a woman’s right to termination.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/10/president-donald-trump-first-day-immigration-climate
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 8:52

There is so much hate in America, These guys feel Trump represents their thoughts and they can finally be vocal about it so these hate crimes have increased.

We need to close our borders against Americans ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 9:03

Nishankly wrote:

Stop Americans from emigrating? Laughing Why?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 9:07

As I was telling a colleague at lunch yesterday, other world leaders will suck it up and deal with Trump because he is at the helm of what is still one of the worlds greatest political and economic power.

Hate trade as much as you want, but fact is that we live in a time where global economies are deeply intertwined.

You can vote for what you see as your immediate priorities and ignore a big picture, but that wouldn't make that big picture simply go away.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 11 Nov 2016 - 9:10

El Gunner wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Stop Americans from emigrating? Laughing Why?
There is a lot of joking on Indian social media about how non-residential Indians / migrants will now be forced out of the US by Trump.

His anti-migration stance, however, is more targeted at the lower economic strata of society. Most of the Indian community, to my knowledge, is not a part of that.

Of course, there are a lot of students who might be affected by having poorer chances of securing a H1B/.. job visa.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next